Has WTA World been down today? Or am I imagining things? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Has WTA World been down today? Or am I imagining things?

Pages : [1] 2

the cat
08-22-2002, 11:25 PM
I haven't been able to access WTA World since early this morining Eastern Standard Time. I haven't noticed any other posters commenting on being unable to access WTA World for most of today. Any information would be appreciated.

Chris
08-22-2002, 11:28 PM
You have not imagined.:mad:

the cat
08-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Thanks Chris! I tried to access the WTA World, but I got one message that said something about there possibly being too many visitors to WTA World. Is that a real possibility? If so, how does that problem get corrected?

Chris
08-22-2002, 11:32 PM
I dont even get that message, I just can't connect.

the cat
08-22-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm on a Laptop. Could that be the reason I saw that message? Oh well. The bottom line is WTA World is unavailable. And it's been slow lately, too.

JonBcn
08-22-2002, 11:43 PM
It takes me about 10 minutes to load each page...by the third page it tells me it cant connect...I've been trying to get on all evening. I notice a lot of the forums have no new posts, but theres still 100+ people online, so it must be really slow for everyone.

James
08-22-2002, 11:44 PM
It usually happens around this time. Its really frustrating and I wonder if they'll ever find a way to make it like it used to be:mad:

And it seems to be going on longer today:confused::fiery:

the cat
08-22-2002, 11:58 PM
Didn't this happen to the Sanex WTA message board before it closed down for good almost 1 year ago? I hope WTA World doesn't have the same fate.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by JonBcn
It takes me about 10 minutes to load each page...by the third page it tells me it cant connect...I've been trying to get on all evening. I notice a lot of the forums have no new posts, but theres still 100+ people online, so it must be really slow for everyone.

Exactly the same for me.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by the cat
Didn't this happen to the Sanex WTA message board before it closed down for good almost 1 year ago? I hope WTA World doesn't have the same fate.

If it will i wont be able to live anymore :sad:

James
08-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by the cat

I hope not as well:eek::sad:

Poe
08-23-2002, 12:26 AM
the server is no longer adequate... the site demands very powerful, very expensive dual dedicated servers

until we get them, this will continue.... we will explore our options and make every attempt to get the site where it should be performance wise, but to be perfectly honest with you, I have no idea at this point if and when it will happen

there are no plans at this time to close the site

JonBcn
08-23-2002, 12:52 AM
Poe, is it something we can help out with?

I dont know how expensive the servers you need are, but I'm sure theres a lot of regular posters who have used the board for quite some time who wouldnt mind making a voluntary donation to try to clear up the problem. I know I wouldnt mind anyway. I've been trying to post for ages and its impossible; and the situation will, I would have thought, only get worse as we get to the US Open and traffic increases. Its putting me off logging on at all.

Anyway, dont be scared to ask us if you think its something we might be able to help with; after all its a free site that has a lot of dedicated followers, and we wouldnt want to lose it. :)

Tipsarevic
08-23-2002, 12:55 AM
I'll help however I can - please don't let WTAWorld die

Dahveed
08-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Jon i dunno if poe can do that but i know i can give you guys my bank account number, you give me the money and i'll see what i can do *cough*

mala18
08-23-2002, 12:58 AM
oh my god,,,,i cannot access the freaking wtaworld all freaking day long,and i loveeeeeeeee it.
come on people do something.theres like billion people who like that site,i will freaking pay too!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Poe
08-23-2002, 01:04 AM
just letting you know i DO realize exactly how bad the situation is... as most days, I cannot visit the site at all. In fact the only times I have been able to load a single page are at very late hours of the night here.

we are keeping an open mind for ALL options.. so I do appreciate the gesture from those of you who wish to help out

I'll let you know as soon as i know anything more about a resolution :)

mala18
08-23-2002, 01:07 AM
hey poe,is this your site I mean are you webmaster or..

so just please answer me this if you can,will I be able to visit the site tonight,coz if not then i dont have to wait here like I've been doing since this morning.
Thanx
;)

Poe
08-23-2002, 01:12 AM
i can't tell you when the site will be accessable or not... I don't really visit it frequently enough to have learned the pattern of when it's down... i just know that during the day EST, it's almost never accessable for me

and no this is not my site I just help run it

JonBcn
08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Heh....I thought people would be keen to do whatever's necessary to help.

NB: Perhaps elect someone other than Dahveed to be treasurer ;)

Another thing I thought maybe might help (but then I havent got a clue what i'm talking about)...I assume it would give you more server space if you removed some forums? How about getting rid of the past tournaments forums? They're locked anyway and so are only for reference, I cant imagine they get many hits, except maybe for the couple of weeks immediately prior. Or is it not a space issue, but a power thing? As you can see, I havent a clue about servers and stuff!

Poe
08-23-2002, 01:23 AM
space is not a problem and the software handles a million posts the same as 10, from what the developers tell us.

the issue is the number of people browsing the board at once. The demand has become really high... we're already on a dedicated high end server and it can't keep up.

JonBcn
08-23-2002, 01:35 AM
I see. Oh well, at this point I run out of ideas!

Its strange, because the number of people online at the bottom of the entrance screen doesnt seem to have escalated a great deal in the past month or two though, yet the performance has diminished immeasurably.

Bear in mind what we all said about cash; I'd be pleased to help if I could. We all appreciate the boards (and the work you guys do) too much to see them fade away :)

Poe
08-23-2002, 01:37 AM
Its strange, because the number of people online at the bottom of the entrance screen doesnt seem to have escalated a great deal in the past month or two though, yet the performance has diminished immeasurably.

well this is precisely what has been my point during all of this.. i do not understand it at all

the scoring threads have always been there, with the same number of people trying to view them at once

all statistics show that traffic hasn't increased enough for this to be happening

but it doesn't change the fact that it IS happening for whatever reason.. so i guess new hardware is the only answer

steph_g
08-23-2002, 01:40 AM
I just made it to WTAWorld :bounce: , after 30 minutes of connection :rolleyes: . And only 137 users connected :confused: .

steph_g
08-23-2002, 01:46 AM
Here's a list of some of the users connected to WTAWorld : 10SNE1, alton8401, ami, aniri, b8beEbLu3, Barrie_Dude, Beau, Becool, BigTennisFan, brown1tr, Cassius, CB, Chris, daniilidou, daryl, endiadjendiadj, Eza, frostycold1, GaDu, GameSetMatch, gossipcom, griffin, igost, inkyfan, jacs, jadore, Jason, JasonW, JCFan, JohnnyWeirFan, jon, JONFINCH2, jt2002, kournikovafan13, Lathan, lin, lorenzo 123, magassi, mala18, mamis, Mark Spruce, Martin, maxineburrs, monster, motta, mygirlV, n_m_c_b, Peter M, Philip, player, primera, PrincessVee, Pure_Matter, ratapou, RayDay, rob2001, RUS_4_EVER, Sader, sandg, See Forever, Seles&Dokic, selesadmirer, selesfan, selesrules, setpoint, Simon, sugeng, thomastennis, tjord00, Umpire, Venus Williams, Wayne, wonder617, xcrtbckhnd, YoshiPoe,
maybe you could ban all of them :angel: ? This could help to get the board go faster :p .

bonkers186
08-23-2002, 02:07 AM
Okay Okay...I confess...ban me...ban me...it was I that took the last piece of cheese....ban me...ban me I say. I deserve no just punishment. What were we talking about again?

James
08-23-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by steph_g
Here's a list of some of the users connected to WTAWorld : Poe,
maybe you could ban all of them :angel: ? This could help to get the board go faster :p .

LOL
I'm kournikovafan13, and I'm certainly not on wtaworld right now;) I haven't been on all day:mad:

steph_g
08-23-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by bonkers186
Okay Okay...I confess...ban me...ban me...it was I that took the last piece of cheese....ban me...ban me I say. I deserve no just punishment. What were we talking about again? Not about you. Don't worry. You can go back to your cheese :wavey:

steph_g
08-23-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by James

LOL
I'm kournikovafan13, and I'm certainly not on wtaworld right now;) I haven't been on all day:mad: That's interesting because your name was there :confused: .

I thought that name were kept a maximum 15 minutes after users logged out.

Poe, would you have an explaination for that :confused: ?

James
08-23-2002, 02:23 AM
And there are also some European members (Martin, Cassius) on that list and for them it's like 3 or 4 in the morning.:confused:

breakpoint
08-23-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey I am JCFan and I haven't been on all day either. I don't know why my name is up there. :confused: I came here to see if there are answers. I don't know how this can be fixed, but it's never been quite this bad. Maybe if people didn't have to log-in just to browse, but only did to post? I don't know, but I hope there will be a solution soon. :sad:

steph_g
08-23-2002, 02:33 AM
The list is greatly down, but you are still in breakpoint : There are currently 76 members and 29 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 263 on Aug 22nd, 2002 at 01:46 AM.
Alx, aniri, ASV, aufan, bh440, bigbud1, callado, Cassius, CB, cocoa, Czechfan, darkchild, daryl, dlandy22, Dokicfan17, dukla, frenchvee, GaDu, geoepee, goseles, griffin, igost, iluvtennis, Jane, JCFan, Joseosu19, Lathan, linw, louloubelle, LucasArg, Mark35, mboyle, mmcdonald, motta, nonFan, peanuts, Peridotpixie, persond, player, PrincessVee, rfs1999, RUS_4_EVER, sandra2002, selesfan, selesrules, Tennis124, Tennisjunkie, tennistud, TheBoiledEgg, Umpire, Wayne, yollenda, yoshikosahp, ys, zombie, Zummi

Lucas Arg
08-23-2002, 04:39 AM
Hey I am in that list but I couldn't get in the site either. I've tried the hole day in the morning and now at night but nothing....

evaspeedy
08-23-2002, 05:48 AM
i was able to get in, but it took forever...

if you have incredible patience, i think it'll take you about an hour to post once...

i'm not that kinda person... i tried, but i gave up...

oh yeah... i'm EVAspeed from wtaworld (like it wasn't obvious) :p

anton
08-23-2002, 05:50 AM
I was able to get in only once today to the main site and could not go anywhere else. Like if I clicked a thread it would not open.
I cant go there now either and it is almost 1AM CST USA.

One thing that might be an issue is maybe more and more people are getting DSL(high speed internet connections) and more and more people are clicking more threads at a faster rate like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in a very shot time with the DSL and that maybe just happened recently that more and more people have DSL and are clicking a lot of threads in a very short period of time and then not a lot of people can get in?

I can't think of anything else yet except maybe some more "invisible" people are on the boards. Is that an option, be be invisible?

I also want to say I miss the boards, even the "hate" ones a little. :) And Lawn Tennis Message Board will have live Venus-Hantuchova scores if you can't get to WTAWORLD, then please join us.

Hopefully the site will be back up soon as I now dont have anybody to argue and conplain with. :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 06:19 AM
I can't help but notice some of the wtaworld members making it over today (not a bad thing, just an observation).

Call me paranoid but now i fear this board will get slow too :p

anton
08-23-2002, 06:30 AM
no men's tennis is too boring to for that to happen unless all the wta fans come over.

King Aaron
08-23-2002, 09:17 AM
I can't log on either and judging from the last post time of anton, this is defonotely bad!!! :sad: and... i would love to help out by paying but unfortunately i'm only 14 so i can't :sad:

hope you guys find a solution soon

per4ever
08-23-2002, 09:44 AM
wtaworld is down all the time....... :sad:

per4ever
08-23-2002, 09:58 AM
well...I think the people who run the board know how to work with their servers..I would say study those loggings, because it's clear that something is happening on the servers. Some action that causes this. Like someone said, their aren't that many users more then a few months ago.

bcoene
08-23-2002, 10:12 AM
I got on the board in non-tennis, but still not in a thread :(

TheBoiledEgg
08-23-2002, 10:15 AM
you have ??????? how ?

bcoene
08-23-2002, 10:24 AM
Just by going to wtaworld, it took very long, then I clicked on non-tennis, it took very long also, now I'm still waiting if I can get in a thread.

julien
08-23-2002, 10:28 AM
I could get in too. It's like a desert there :eek:. The last post in NT was posted at 2 am by Niminator (eleven hours ago). May all the trolls avoid this board and get back to WtaWorld as soon as possible :p ;).

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 10:36 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

what a disaster

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
May all the trolls avoid this board and get back to WtaWorld as soon as possible

aye aye Julien! :p

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:00 AM
There are currently 44 members and 17 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 263 on Aug 21st, 2002 at 08:46 PM.
AndySW6, anton, bailey, BB, bram_born84, dividends, dwarsfluit, filip007, ghosts, ikke, ines pinto, irma, katie124, kazbeee, keta, KindaNice, korn, Latimerontheloose, Mags, manuelanmaggielover, Niminator, nyblue20, Penguin, rfs1999, Rhythmboy, RyanGiggs, salima, tennistud, TheBoiledEgg, way, Wojtek

I got on :)

TheBoiledEgg
08-23-2002, 11:01 AM
I Just got on as well, took me ages to load it up

Mags
08-23-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by James

LOL
I'm kournikovafan13, and I'm certainly not on wtaworld right now;) I haven't been on all day:mad:

Maybe that is where the problem lies - users are not being logged off properly so those eg. Kournikovafan13 who have actually logged off at some earlier stage are still logged on in the system. Thus there are 'virtual' users on the system in addition to actual users pushing the servers to breaking point. I liken it to when your system hangs/crashes and you try to log back in - it won't let you because to the system you are already logged in and it tells you a username and password is already in use.

I don't have a clue if what I am saying makes any sense by the way - if it makes sense to someone please say YES - it would make me feel so much better :drool:

the cat
08-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Hi Becca! :wavey: I don't think this board will ever be as busy as WTA World. Mainly because women's tennis is more popular than men's tennis. But if WTA World continues to be as slow as it has been recently, then alot of their members will start visiting and posting here. And I'm not sure that's good news of bad news. :confused:

There's always the Tennis Week boards! :confused:

Becca, good luck at the U.S. Open! :) And remember to make a good impression of the WTA World and ATP World members that you meet there! ;)

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:06 AM
mayeb the serves are burnt-out, they have been used for so long and the can't handle such capacity anymore :confused:

The Crow
08-23-2002, 11:06 AM
I don't think that being logged on but NOT browsing the site takes up a lot of resources...
Poe, I too have the feeling the problem isn't WTAworld (well not this problem anyway ;)). Are other sites, ... using the same server?
If wtaworld is the problem, maybe you have to restrict the number of people logged on at the same time (if that's possible)??
Or just take Jon's money of course ;)

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Last post:

Aug 23rd, 2002 10:58 AM
by raddronald

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 11:09 AM
the cat, I'm only meeting one as far as I know.

And I dont have to try and leave a good impression, I just do :D

:wavey: Thank you

anton
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Rhythmboy
There are currently 44 members and 17 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 263 on Aug 21st, 2002 at 08:46 PM.
AndySW6, anton, bailey, BB, bram_born84, dividends, dwarsfluit, filip007, ghosts, ikke, ines pinto, irma, katie124, kazbeee, keta, KindaNice, korn, Latimerontheloose, Mags, manuelanmaggielover, Niminator, nyblue20, Penguin, rfs1999, Rhythmboy, RyanGiggs, salima, tennistud, TheBoiledEgg, way, Wojtek

I got on :)
that is incorrect. I have not on wtaworld in a while. I dont know why my name is there.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:13 AM
You can just load the main page if you're patient enough but you can't go into subforums :(

Mags
08-23-2002, 11:19 AM
I have just noticed my name is on the list posted by anton - yep the server is really sick:fiery:

Mags

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:20 AM
this is killing me :sad: Now what Am I going to do a whole afternoon :rolleyes:

Nimi
08-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Ok now im really pissed off, i posted in NT (like 15 hours ago), & it took me sooooooooooooooooooo long just to load the site! Than i go to bed, i managed to load the WTAworld main page, & it tells me that the last post in NT is mine! OMG, wtf is going on?!? :(

Nimi
08-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Oh btw i have DSL & it doesnt help me.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Yep Nimi, we broke last NT record for not posting something in NT for 10 whole minutes ;)

anton
08-23-2002, 11:27 AM
why cant they put up a temp site on this atp board?

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:30 AM
Oooh I got a special message, maybe this will help:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Anyone else had this before?

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 11:33 AM
why cant they put up a temp site on this atp board?

Because then ATPWorld will suck too.

Just because WTAworld is down, doesn't mean we should ruin ATP as well :fiery:

Bella
08-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I can't see how 61 people posting, at best, every four minutes, some of whom can't even open threads (and some of whom are not even on-line) can be jamming that server like that. Someone be jammin' us.

bcoene
08-23-2002, 11:35 AM
I have been able to get into a thread and then I tried to post something, but then it didn't work anymore :(.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:35 AM
maybe the server has been hacked by some idiot :eek:

the cat
08-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Becca, you don't need to try to leave a good impression, you always do! LOL! :D

But I have heard you are actually very nice and reserved. So you get the benefit of the doubt. And I wonder who that one person is who you're meeting. It's got to be either Steam or Vanity. Probably Steam.

anton
08-23-2002, 11:40 AM
I am so dissapointed with WTAWORLD. And this ATPBOARD seems to have nothing better to talk about than WTAWORLD.

KarstenBraasch#1
08-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Ahem, may I ask one question: Last night, were you all constantly hitting reload and reload and reload and ... ?

Last night, I checked it once and it was down. I checked two hours later and it was down. I checked another 2 hours later. It was down again so I went to bed.

I mean, if the board is down all the time, am I the only one getting tired of waiting for the site to load ? If not, the traffic should decrease after a while.

Or are you all unable to exist without the board ???

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Then go away Anton, you are just part of the problem.

Or are you all unable to exist without the board

I can't speak for everyone, but when the board crashes, I find that I break out in hives.

Does anyone else have this problem?

anton
08-23-2002, 11:43 AM
even when the board was working, whenever there is a semifinal or final everybody loggs on for live scores and hits reloads forever and the board is extremely slow.

Mags
08-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Poe/ those looking into the WTAworld problem

People are constantly trying to get through - would it help if we all backed off trying to access the site while you try to sort out the problem?. I am sure people will be willing to refrain from hitting the site - then I can get through of course;)

Let us know!

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 11:46 AM
I can live with a slow board but I can't live without a board :sad:

The Crow
08-23-2002, 11:49 AM
O people, quit whining. I'm sure there are more interesting things to do than whine on a messageboard that another messageboard isn't working :p

KarstenBraasch#1
08-23-2002, 12:00 PM
I think I have the perfect idea to solve the problem. :)

All we have to do is to install www.wtaworld2.com and www.wtaworld3.com.
If the first board is going down we just go over to the 2nd one. And if that one is down we change to the 3rd one.
After a while, people have chosen their favourite board of these, because it's too tough to keep up with all of them, so they stay there. So there's only a third of traffic left for each site. Problem solved ! :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 12:04 PM
The Crow, are you mocking my hives :sad:

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Mayeb if Poe or Amanda pushed that little powerr button from the server and then restart it. This strategy works fine with my PC :p

bcoene
08-23-2002, 12:09 PM
I have been albe to post something in non-tennis at wtaworld, but it took very very very long, so I don't think anything has changed but I'm glad I could post something.

The Crow
08-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Becca, I wouldn't dare :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
08-23-2002, 12:59 PM
it always happened around the same time of day

Last yr around the same time the old Sanex board went down forever.

It the New Haven event had a good scoreboard i'm sure the board would be ok now.

everyyr whenever some event is in the US and there are no scoreboards the boards go down.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
08-23-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm glad I've found refuge over here. It's not WTAWorld, but it will satisfy my addiction ;)

irma
08-23-2002, 01:06 PM
wtaworld comes back right? please don't say it will be down forever, I can't handle that :sad:

irma
08-23-2002, 01:10 PM
now I can't post on worldcrossing anymore either :sad:

bonkers186
08-23-2002, 01:13 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......what is this stupid board you people keep referring to? Please provide a link so I can check it out. Selfish people...you can't have my peanut butter and chicken sandwich. You can't i tell you!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaa.

irma
08-23-2002, 01:15 PM
http://www.worldcrossing.com/WebX?13@61.YzI0c0ybVXg^13@.eef7f13

but as said, you can't post right now because they are working on the server

Dahveed
08-23-2002, 01:16 PM
O people, quit whining. I'm sure there are more interesting things to do than whine on a messageboard that another messageboard isn't working

Well said!

Geez, just wait and see and go whine somewhere else i dunno if you wanna talk mens tennis then fine, NT is fine too here, but wta well you go somewhere else, this is an ATP forum.

Wojtek
I can't go to wtaworld . There was a communication problem.
:fiery: :fiery:

Nimi
Ya right anton, we only talk WTA here... If its not for you, go away, nobody asked you to stay

karenrac
08-23-2002, 01:21 PM
I can't even get into wtaworld... :sad:

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:22 PM
Oooo, Karen is here :D

Should i open an Israelis thread here in case WTAworld doesnt open? Ill do it!

vbn
08-23-2002, 01:24 PM
can't we just ban all the people i don't like? ;) sounds like a plan to me ... get rid of c-hell ooOoo dawn marie etc. it'd be fine straight away then.

vbn

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Oo, Rom is here!
How are you doing?

vbn
08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
:sad: not too good. it's soooooooo dull in here. at least richy G is hot - otheriwse I'd have nothing to do.

u?

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Richy G? Whos that? :p
Im just doing nothing. Losing NT, the Games forums & the Players Forums in WTAworld is like losing a friend :sad:

vbn
08-23-2002, 01:32 PM
now that's pathetic :p gasguet - i think thats how its spelt. its just easier to write G. how the hell have you posted 663 times in under 2 months. jaysus.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Me? its nothing. There are people who already posted more than 2000 times so....
Richard Gasquet? Hes just a kid, or as people call him "The French Andy Roddick". But who cares about those people :p

karenrac
08-23-2002, 01:37 PM
LOL nimi. Did you post an Israelis thread?

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Yep, in Non-tennis!

vbn
08-23-2002, 01:40 PM
no way. he's not andy roddick. he's WAY better looking, and less arsey.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:41 PM
& he beat me in the final of Queens in MPTA :(:p

vbn
08-23-2002, 01:43 PM
you specifically?

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Excuse me?

Why do i feel like im taking over NT in ATPWorld for today?

Mags
08-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Niminator

Why do i feel like im taking over NT in WTAWorld for today?

Because you are Niminator :D.

By the way guys and girls when WTAworld is back up don't forget to go and vote for X-Man in the BB eviction poll :p

Nimi
08-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Oh ya, how the hell am i going to read the ATP/WTA BB now?!?? :sad: :sad:

Mags
08-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Not to worry - you can have a double installment when WTAworld is back. Also if things stay as they are X-Man is out :D

karenrac
08-23-2002, 02:02 PM
oh, I miss the WTA/ATP BB too!

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Yes! Go Goran!!!

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:05 PM
whats the BB poll?

Mags
08-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Sinn Feignt - have you not been following the ATP/WTA BB thread?.:eek:

I will let Niminator fill you in :D .

By the way when WTAworld comes back go in and vote for X-Man;)

karenrac
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
go Goran x2!

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Omg Rom, are you a real member of WTAworld?!? :eek:

Williams Rulez
08-23-2002, 02:12 PM
:sad:... WTA World is not working... I'm getting paranoid... remember what happened this time last year... :(

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Well, the poster jenn took 12 players from the ATP/WTA & wrote stories about what they do inside a house. Every week we vote our someone, just like Big Brother (BB)
Now there are only 5 left, Xavier, Goran, Kim, Martina & Marat.
This weeks nominations went to Xavier, Martina & Goran,

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:14 PM
i am, but i've never even noticed it...

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:15 PM
please don't vote for Xavier :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:15 PM
Shame on you! :o

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Xavier, go away, you are boring anyway!

Mags
08-23-2002, 02:19 PM
please don't vote for Xavier :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh boo-hoo!

Give me one good reason why Goran should go and X-Man stay

karenrac
08-23-2002, 02:19 PM
I actually voted for Martina

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I don't say goran has to go,

I say X-Man has to stay do only one solution:

bye martina :wavey:

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Why Karen? Its fun to watch her go mad & cry :p

Mags
08-23-2002, 02:21 PM
No we can save Martina for next weeks eviction:D

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Big Brother. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. i get it now. you could have jsut written that ;)

The Crow
08-23-2002, 02:25 PM
OMG romily, are you having a no-think day? :p

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:26 PM
lol ya Mags, i can see it, Martina, Kim & Goran will be up for aviction. How long do u think Goran can stay? Wasnt he nominated like 7 times already?

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:27 PM
OK. a little WTAWorld quiz.... who is this?

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/270/270823b.jpg

no cheating please

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:27 PM
everyday is a no think day ;)

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:29 PM
you?

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Its a red X but i guess its Jennifer Conolley :o

The Crow
08-23-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm guessing red cross too

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:32 PM
http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/270/270823b.jpg

try that

Mags
Yep, I think this is his 7th eviction nomination - I don't know why he keeps getting nominated. I think X-Man will go tomorrow and then Martina next week;), although Goran will be up for eviction again too. I think the final three will be

Goran the joker
Marat 'he's gotta have it' Safin
Kim the weeping willow

Rhythmboy
It's: 270823b.jpg

yeah, did your mother never leanr you to write the name of the person in the filename :rolleyes: :p

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:33 PM
its a tennis player

Izzy
08-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Morning all.

I see I'm not the only one bored out of their mind...

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:34 PM
FORBIDDEN

You cant acces this page cuz we hate you. Go away.

My guess is still Jennifer Conolley

vbn
ok, this is getting annoying. brb

Nimi
Izzy!!
This is really becoming WTAWorld huh?

Mags
Bored me never....I am at work after all:D

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Izzy dear, how are you :hearts:

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:38 PM
okaaaaaaaaaay, try again.

http://images.fotki.com/v1/photos/4/42314/124117/270823b-vi.jpg

karenrac
08-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Who is Jennifer Conolly?

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:39 PM
oscar winning actress, and resident beauty of Briminghamshire

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:40 PM
My guess remains

Izzy
Why HELLO RB! Dahling!

How goes life? :kiss:

Rhythmboy
*sigh*

c'mon give us the answer

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Izzy
Why HELLO RB! Dahling!

How goes life? :kiss:

Life goes great but boring...

I saw your pic in the post a pic thread :drool: :hearts: :kiss:
still haven't changed your mind still like women as much as I do?

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:43 PM
its a tennis player. so it can't be Jennifer connelly

Nimi
08-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Its either Jenn Cap or Cara Black than.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:46 PM
how do you know jennifer connelly doesn't play tennis in her spare time? :rolleyes:

karenrac
08-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Is Jennifer Conelly the actrees that played in the movie with Russel Crow?

Izzy
08-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Thank you RB, I do try my best. Are you going to post your pic?;)

Pleeeease???:drool:

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:49 PM
its neither. not one of my favourites - RB, why do keep rolling your eyes?? hmm??

its a professional tennis player, and conny is not. so shhhhhhh

Nimi
Oh ya Rom, post you pic :drool:

Rhythmboy
I already post them, unfortunately WTAworld.com is down :sad: :p

vbn
yes karen she is....

Rhythmboy
Originally posted by Sinn Feignt
its neither. not one of my favourites - RB, why do keep rolling your eyes?? hmm??

its a professional tennis player, and conny is not. so shhhhhhh

because I like you :p

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:51 PM
pssst izzy, have a look at http://photos.wtastarz.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&user=3415&thumb=1 but don't you dare laughing with my pictures

Izzy
08-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Go on RB, post them again.

Can I say Bride Of.........{insert name here?}

vbn
08-23-2002, 02:54 PM
no you can't. RB, well stop rolling your eyes at me.... ive already posted my pic

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:55 PM
RB, well stop rolling your eyes at me.... ive already posted my pic

Oooh so you're the professional tennis player looking like jennfier connolly in the picture.... :D

Izzy
08-23-2002, 02:56 PM
Aww, RB you're cute! :hearts:

God, If I was straight...;)

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 02:58 PM
it's never to late to change ;)

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:00 PM
I would, but I'm beyond help. Sorry...:p

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:00 PM
sh. you're not supposed to notice that ;) my pic is actually one WTAWorld. with Izzy in fact :p

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:08 PM
Yep, from that time we met at the Cannes Film Festival.:D

I loved your dress

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Oh i saw that pic, although i couldnt see nothing as it was all blury. I also saw the pic of Rom with her friends :D

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Rom wears a dress :eek: *shock*
I always thought you were sturdy

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:12 PM
aaah don't you love it when everything goes so fast on this board
I think I'm going to set my tent up here for a while :)

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:14 PM
what the hell does sturdy mean?? :eek:

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:16 PM
rugged, well-muscled, macho, beefy, brawny, robust... More like a masculin type

The Crow
08-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Any other synonyms? :p

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:18 PM
I thought I was the lesbo one here, not Rom :p

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by The Crow
Any other synonyms? :p

vigorous

Don't tell but I bought myself one of those tiny little pocket translators ;)

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Rom is not a lesbo :eek: *shock 2*

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:25 PM
LMFAO! :D

RB is attractive?!? *shock 3* :p

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:27 PM
http://www.jordysworld.de/emoticons/lachen50.gif

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:28 PM
omg :o wha-?!

Mary Cherry
08-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Hi

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:30 PM
nicky :bounce:
comment ça va? j'ai trouvé la nouvelle chanson d'Axelle et c'est magnifique!

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I'm cracking up here...:D

Now hey. It's not that bad :p

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:31 PM
omg :o wha-?!

huh :confused:

Mary Cherry
08-23-2002, 03:32 PM
ça va Rithmboy,

Je voulais te l' envoyer mais tu n' étais plus sur Msn, je suis " contente " que tu l' aime bien :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:33 PM
ok, here is me, i have one more on this computer - this is to redeem whether you or myself. i haven't decided yet.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:38 PM
*adds Rom to 'I wanna have sex with..." list*

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:40 PM
;) my other picture is FAR less attractive....

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:42 PM
:hearts:
Seriously Rom, since im not a celebrities expert, whos that :drool:

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:44 PM
110%-ly that is me.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Thats you? Either you are lying or i should start bowing to you now.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 03:47 PM
:hearts:
Seriously Rom, since im not a celebrities expert, whos that :drool:

how dare you insult the girl like that :fiery:

Mags
08-23-2002, 03:47 PM
110%-ly that is me.

Sinn Feignt - yes I remember you from the lesbian kiss on Brookside:D

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Well thats reasonable, i remember Rom talking about that movie for hours...

Izzy
08-23-2002, 03:50 PM
I can swear that pic is of Rom, I remember how much she looked like the woman off Brookie :eek:

I was shocked

ASV
08-23-2002, 03:50 PM
i want my message board!

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Scott!!

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:52 PM
ok to prove it was me. here is the scabbiest photo ever. i apologise to those non-smokers in here ;)

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Ok now im confused

vbn
08-23-2002, 03:57 PM
what's there to be confused about?

Mags
08-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Sinn Feignt

Love the dress, haven't seen you in that one before -where did you get it?

Nimi
08-23-2002, 03:58 PM
I dont know. If that is you... Well i am confused. Maybe its the electricity. :eek:

vbn
08-23-2002, 04:01 PM
um, Top Shop, Mags

Izzy
08-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Well since we're all posting our pics. Here's me from a few years ago :o

If you've seen my pic at WtaWorld you'll realise I dye my hair :o

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:07 PM
Its all red... Do u have a better one??

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:07 PM
Ok heres moi! :D

vbn
08-23-2002, 04:08 PM
you're not green in that pic. can't be you.

Izzy: "euugh????"

Izzy
08-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Soryy Nimi but I think I was by a campfire or something when that one of me was taken :sad:

I look better in my newer pics;)

And nice serve btw:p

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Thanx, it was an ace :D

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Im the green one there :o

vbn
08-23-2002, 04:13 PM
:drool: :kiss::drool: :kiss::drool: :kiss:

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by GoDom
I think I have the perfect idea to solve the problem. :)

All we have to do is to install www.wtaworld2.com and www.wtaworld3.com.
If the first board is going down we just go over to the 2nd one. And if that one is down we change to the 3rd one.
After a while, people have chosen their favourite board of these, because it's too tough to keep up with all of them, so they stay there. So there's only a third of traffic left for each site. Problem solved ! :D

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA! HOW about WTAWORLD.com is for Live scores only(and tournament archives), WTAWORLD2.com is for General Messages/Non tennis, and WTAWORLD3.com is for Games and Player forums. One thing I have noticed recently is an increase in the number of player fourums/games. Maybe if temporarily we got rid of all player sites and player forums, that would help.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:31 PM
NO WAY :fiery:
I love Jenn's Den & the Smashing Smashnova Show!!

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:40 PM
ok to prove it was me. here is the scabbiest photo ever. i apologise to those non-smokers in here ;)

HAVE FUN WITH CANCER!:p :angel: :D :bounce: Silly smokers, if only they would quit.

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Well Niminator, we all have to make some short term sacrifices for the long term gain.

Rhythmboy
08-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by mboyle1988

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA! HOW about WTAWORLD.com is for Live scores only(and tournament archives), WTAWORLD2.com is for General Messages/Non tennis, and WTAWORLD3.com is for Games and Player forums. One thing I have noticed recently is an increase in the number of player fourums/games. Maybe if temporarily we got rid of all player sites and player forums, that would help.

are you going to pay the 3 separate high power servers? :rolleyes:

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Oh, i forgot to mention that i hate ciggaretes (spl) :mad:

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Im the green one there :o

YOU FRUITCAKE!!! :p (JK) Anyway, is that what Israel really looks like with all the trees and grass? I always imagined it to be a big desert or like Nebraska. THEY HAVE GRASS COURTS IN ISRAEL? THAT IS NOT FAIR!:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: ALL I GET TO PLAY ON IS HARDCOURT OR HAR-TRU (Which is the worst surface you could ever have). Oh by the way, you are not under my bed, I just checked. :D

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:48 PM

are you going to pay the 3 separate high power servers? :rolleyes:

I have a right to be a liberal ONCE in a while! Listen I can use a computer, but I don't know the first thing about running a website so don't bash me just because I am not a tech geek!

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Hey! Ya, thats what they all think of Israel :rolleyes:

We have grasscourts?? Ya right! Thats Hyde Park in London! Its not even a tennis court, look at the people walking in the background! All we have are fucking hardcourts too, i get injured so often like that! :fiery: & some fun but rare clay courts.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mboyle1988

I have a right to be a liberal ONCE in a while! Listen I can use a computer, but I don't know the first thing about running a website so don't bash me just because I am not a tech geek!
You dont have to be a "geek" to know that.

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:56 PM
All non residential buildings in my area of Massachusetts are smoke free by law!

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 04:58 PM

You dont have to be a "geek" to know that.

PEOPLE, I am in a VERY giddy mood right now:o ! You can't take most of what I am saying seriously:angel: ! I really am not being mean, I am just stupid when it comes to computers. I know that people who know computers are not only non-geeks, they are really cool (:cough: my best friend :cough)

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey! Ya, thats what they all think of Israel :rolleyes:

We have grasscourts?? Ya right! Thats Hyde Park in London! Its not even a tennis court, look at the people walking in the background! All we have are fucking hardcourts too, i get injured so often like that! :fiery: & some fun but rare clay courts.

I never get red clay. Being a typical American, I love hard courts, but it does get boring. YOU WENT TO LONDON? I WOULD KILLL TO GET TO LONDON! HOW CAN YOUR SERVE BE AN ACE IF YOU WERE NOT EVEN ON A TENNIS COURT? Oh well for all those who care, Myskina leads LIndsay 2-1.

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:12 PM
:confused:

I go out for three hours, and this thread doubles in size :eek:

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:13 PM
Lindsay BROKE! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: SHE LEADS 3-2 FIRST SET! (Hey it isn't WTAWORLD, but it is close!)

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
:confused:

I go out for three hours, and this thread doubles in size :eek:

Well when you are home alone, with nothing to do, and your parents won't be home until like 5, you end up posting alot. (THAT IS AT LEAST MY STORY!) Oh niminator, Amir Hadad is loosing the qualifying match 0-1.

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:16 PM
:cough: mboyle you may or may not have noticed my retarded post count :eek:

I was just surprised at how *busy* atpworld has gotten :o :p

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:19 PM
LINDSAY BREAKS AGAIN FOR 5-2!!!! GO LINDS!

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Hadad match is on serve 1-2 Any other match requests?

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:21 PM
:cough: mboyle you may or may not have noticed my retarded post count :eek:

I was just surprised at how *busy* atpworld has gotten :o :p
BECCA YOU MUST BE CHEATING!:o There is no way that you can get 2000 posts in a month and a half and still get another 1000 on WTA WORLD! YOU HACKER YOU!:p ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:23 PM
mboyle - I dont think I've gained much ground on wtaworld since hitting 5000.

That, and well... I've never tried to claim I was actually *cool* or anything ;)

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:23 PM
LINDSAY WINS FIRST SET 6-2!!!!!! I see a demolition coming along! I might be able to do my crunches after all!!!! YAY GO LINDS!

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:25 PM
can't you do crunches while you watch tv? :confused:

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:25 PM
BECCA, I know you never claimed to be cool. I was trying to say that is amazing that you actually have that many posts! :eek: ANyway, Niminator, Hadad is down a break and 1-4 in case you still care! :o

Elske
08-23-2002, 05:28 PM
whhooohooo Lindsay :D

thx for the scores matt!!!! :kiss:

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure that *amazing* is the word ;)

Lets just say that I'm um..."special" ;)

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:39 PM
can't you do crunches while you watch tv? :confused:

No because I can't be distracted. LINDSAY BROKE LINDSAY BROKE LINDSAY BROKE!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! 6-2; 3-2!!!!!!

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Here just because I am very giddy right now, I need to tell you all that Mirjana Lucic beat Aniko Kapros today 3-6; 6-1; 6-1! GO MIRJANA! Any other needed results?

Elske
08-23-2002, 05:43 PM
4-2 Lindsay :D

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:45 PM
LINDSAY BROKE AGAIN AND IS UP 5-2! Wow this match has lasted all of 30 minutes but is pretty much over! GO LINDS! (She is playing amazing tennis. Winners from and to everywhere, and she is moving almost like VENUS! :eek: Poor Nastya is getting SOOOOO frustrated. YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING! :fiery: )

Chloe le Bopper
08-23-2002, 05:47 PM
Who knew that a thread started by the cat, would get 240 replies ;)

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 05:48 PM
GAME SET AND MATCH DAVENPORT 6-2; 6-2 NO PROBLEMS CLOSING OUT MATCHES HERE! GO LINDSAY!

Elske
08-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Lindsay won 6-2,6-2!! wowww amazing score! way to go Gorgeous!!!!!

Allie
08-23-2002, 05:58 PM
good job Lindsay. :)

Nimi
08-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Oh im here now.
Hadad is 1 set all & my dear Noam Okun is 1-1 in the 3rd.

Go Amir! Go Noam!!!!

anton
08-23-2002, 06:21 PM
congrats linds. LAWN TENNIS will have LIVE Venus-danny scores at 7:30pm NY time.

Nimi
08-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Ok, we got it, & you know, it souded much better in the 4th time you said that.

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Hingis played much better than I thought last night. Anyway, does anyone know if WTA World works yet? :rolleyes:

mboyle1988
08-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Antonella Serra Zanetti is down a set but up a break vs. Prusova (Antonella's serve makes Hingis' look like a weapon)

Nimi
08-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Noam is serving for the match :D:D