2008 tourneys [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2008 tourneys

Via
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
entry lists have just come out for adelaide, chennai, doha...

... but arnaud is nowhere to be found :eek:

all his frenchie friends (richard, seb, paulo, benneteau, gilles simon, jo jo) are turning up at adelaide (obviously the french don't want hewitt to win so easily :lol: ) and mika is on the top of the alt list too. somehow arnaud won't have returned from his holiday yet. i had to read it again and again to believe it.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=113462

higherlaw
11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
:confused:

Marine
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes, why ???

Via
11-24-2007, 04:54 AM
i will reserve my opinion for now, but if he is still missing from entry lists the week after.... i'd truly start to wonder.......

Via
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
sydney entry:
Alternates
1. Seppi, Andreas ITA 50
2. Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 52
3. Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 53
4. Clement, Arnaud FRA 54
:bowdown:

the entire french contingent will be here... even fabrice who isn't going to adelaide:aparty:

Marine
11-27-2007, 10:48 PM
I guess sydney's more attractive than adelaide ! lol
Good pics coming soon................ :D

Via
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
to be honest i was relieved to the point of wanting to cry, seeing the list this morning. that's from a grown woman... how sad :o

kukka
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I was also very happy to see Arnaud on the Sydney list. :D

Elina

higherlaw
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I guess sydney's more attractive than adelaide ! lol
Good pics coming soon................ :D

I wonder why, though, because he has generally played both in the past.

to be honest i was relieved to the point of wanting to cry, seeing the list this morning. that's from a grown woman... how sad :o

What are you going to do when he retires?

Kezzi
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Don't say that :sad:

I'm wondering if he will be back in Halle and Rosmalen next year :D

Via
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM

i will retire :lol:

what are you going to do? follow gasquet? ;)

Marine
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I should follow someone else, because seb will retire at the same time I guess (or before). I wondered how i was going to do after sampras retiring, and by chance, one day of january 2001, two young frenchies played each other in semi in Melbourne... :p
But I don't know who could make me follow tennis as much after them. I will continue to watch tennis, I love that, but... :sad:

stephB
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
sydney entry:
Alternates
1. Seppi, Andreas ITA 50
2. Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 52
3. Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 53
4. Clement, Arnaud FRA 54
:bowdown:

the entire french contingent will be here... even fabrice who isn't going to adelaide:aparty:

thank god that we read his name in the list. i told you guys, some weeks before i heard in tv that he plays his last year......:eek: i really hoped they confused the issue....sounds like they did!!!

higherlaw
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
i will retire :lol:

what are you going to do? follow gasquet? ;)

You will retire. Good answer. lol :haha: Gasquet? Don't mind him or any of the other frenchies, in fact. And I've got a soft spot for Boredo :rolleyes: and he has a few more years.

I should follow someone else, because seb will retire at the same time I guess (or before). I wondered how i was going to do after sampras retiring, and by chance, one day of january 2001, two young frenchies played each other in semi in Melbourne... :p
But I don't know who could make me follow tennis as much after them. I will continue to watch tennis, I love that, but... :sad:

Don't you think that Arnaud and Seb will live on! There's always the Tour of Champions, etc., just like Pete? Maybe they'll coach some up and coming French kid or even captain DC. :devil: Or maybe they'll have a tennis camp for people like us...

Marine
11-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Don't you think that Arnaud and Seb will live on! There's always the Tour of Champions, etc., just like Pete? Maybe they'll coach some up and coming French kid or even captain DC. :devil: Or maybe they'll have a tennis camp for people like us...

I don't think they will play on tour of champions etc... but I imagine them (especially arnaud, who's very at ease at tv) as commentators.

higherlaw
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think they will play on tour of champions etc... but I imagine them (especially arnaud, who's very at ease at tv) as commentators.

Brillant! TV commentators, what a good idea. :yeah:

I see that Pete does not play Blackrock..I meant that tour not the type that Pete recently did with Federer. Some of the players on Blackrock were top players, but some not. They could also play WTT Pro League with that crazy colored court ( I know Pete has played that in the past).

Kezzi
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Or they'll show us another qualities and invite us to dinner every once in a while :p
(And let's hope that other quality is cooking in this scenario ;) )

Kezzi
12-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't remember where I posted about this before, so I'll post here now.
It is also about a 2008 tourney ;)

Next week I'll know for sure if I can go to Marseille :bounce:
My sister has the whole week off, but I have to retake 2 exams and hopefully they're on thursday and friday :)

higherlaw
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't remember where I posted about this before, so I'll post here now.
It is also about a 2008 tourney ;)

Next week I'll know for sure if I can go to Marseille :bounce:
My sister has the whole week off, but I have to retake 2 exams and hopefully they're on thursday and friday :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Should I ask why you have to retake two exams?;):devil:

Kezzi
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Should I ask why you have to retake two exams?;):devil:

Just not studying enough for one :p and the other one was really a lot more difficult than what the teacher explained to us all those lessons.

higherlaw
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Just not studying enough for one :p and the other one was really a lot more difficult than what the teacher explained to us all those lessons.

Okay, at least they let you retake them!!:D

Kezzi
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Okay, at least they let you retake them!!:D
Yeah, because I'm in my last year I only get 1 retake (is this word correct?).
But I still have to retake exams from my 2nd and 3rd year and that one from the 2nd year will be my 5th attempt :lol:
I get the chance to do every exam twice a year, but I hope to get all of them this year, because I want to finish my study in the 4 years that are set for it :p
As long as you finish your first year in time they can never kick you off. I can stay at this school untill I finish it in maximum 10 years, because that's the time set by the government to finish a study on this level, or you'll have to pay back the amount of finance you got from the government.

But to defend my reputation a little, I'm in my 4th year, so hopefully I won't have to stay longer than necessary :)

And it's still not sure when I can go, they told me my retakes are on tuesday and wednesday, but weren't confirmed by the teachers. Usually it doesn't change, so it seems that I can fly to Marseille with my sister on wednesday evening and come back on sunday. But we have to be pretty sure Arnaud will be there the whole week. We can't see the final, because our plane only goes back once a day and that is in the afternoon. But that doesn't matter if Arnaud is there thursday - saturday.
What do you guys think? And I'm talking about the situation that he doesn't have to play a match anymore :)
(Not to assume he will lose, but to prepare for the worst scenario :p)

Via
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
ummm... *cough* can i mention something in my own self interest.....

...first tourneys of 2008 will start in 10 days! :bounce: it's hard to believe since we are just getting busy preparing for christmas. can't think of tennis yet.

Kezzi
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Ofcourse you can :)

And now that you mention it, I can't believe it's so soon already :bounce:
I really feel like summer still has to come here before it can be christmas :p

Via
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Ofcourse you can :)

;)

Kezzi
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
;)
If you see him in Australie, can you ask him if he will be in Marseille the whole week? :p

Uh-oh, if you are the first see him, you're the victim for the questions :p :angel:

Marine
12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
If you see him in Australie, can you ask him if he will be in Marseille the whole week? :p

Uh-oh, if you are the first see him, you're the victim for the questions :p :angel:

I don't imagine him staying 2 days then leaving his sweety region after... lol
Don't worry.

Kezzi
12-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't imagine him staying 2 days then leaving his sweety region after... lol
Don't worry.
Ok, now he just has to be there :p
I booked the flight and hotel, so it's unforgivable if they don't show up ;)
The flight costs us about 60 euros more, because of my stupid school. They confirmed the dates for my retakes today and today the last really cheap flights were booked:( Ok, about €50 pp is still cheap, but yesterday it would be €20 pp. We could buy food for all the days in Marseille for the €60 we paid more today :p

Marine
12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Which compagny ?

I think that he'll be in marseille (aix) even if he's injured. ;)

Kezzi
12-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Ryanair :)

Hopefully the cute flight attendant from Aix is on our flights, that'll make up for what we paid extra ;)

Truc
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
He's playing the Hopman Cup instead of Gaël, that's probably why he didn't enter a tournament for the first week of the year.
http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=201

Marine
12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Session
Date
Time
Teams

Session 1
Sat 29 Dec 2007
10:30am
USA (2) V India (7)

Serena Williams v Sania Mirza
Mardy Fish v Rohan Bopanna

Mixed Doubles

Session 2
Sat 29 Dec 2007
6:00pm
Czech Republic (3) v Australia (6)

Lucie Safarova v Alicia Molik
Tomas Berdych v Peter Luczak
Mixed Doubles

Session 3

Tennis West Family Day
Sun 30 Dec 2007
Serbia (1) v Chinese Taipei (8)

Jelena Jankovic v Su-Wei Hsieh
Novak Djokovic v Yen-Hsun Lu

Mixed Doubles

Session 4
Sun 30 Dec 2007
6.00pm
France (4) v Argentina (5)

Tatiana Golovin v Gisela Dulko
Arnaud Clement v Juan Ignacio Chela
Mixed Doubles

Session 5
Mon 31 Dec 2007
USA (2) v Czech Republic (3)
Serena Williams v Lucie Safarova
Mardy Fish v Tomas Berdych
Mixed Doubles

Session 6
Tue 1 Jan 2008
Australia (6) v India (7)
Alicia Molik v Sania Mirza
Peter Luczak v Rohan Bopanna
Mixed Doubles

Session 7

MYER Ladies Day
Wed 2 Jan 2008
Serbia (1) v France (4)
Jelena Jankovic v Tatiana Golovin
Novak Djokovic v Arnaud ClementMixed Doubles

Session 8
Wed 2 Jan 2008
Argentina (5) v Chinese Taipei (8)
Gisela Dulko v Su-Wei Hsieh
Juan Ignacio Chela v Yen-Hsun Lu

Session 9*
Thur 3 Jan 2008
USA (2) v Australia (6)
Serena Williams v Alicia Molik
Mardy Fish v Peter Luczak
Mixed Doubles

Czech Republic (3) v India (7)
Lucie Safarova v Sania Mirza
Tomas Berdych v Rohan Bopanna

Mixed Doubles

Session 10*
Thur 3 Jan 2008
Serbia (1) v Argentina (5)

Jelena Jankovic v Gisela Dulko
Novak Djokovic v Juan Ignacio Chela
Mixed Doubles

France (4) v Chinese Taipei (8)

Tatiana Golovin v Su-Wei Hsieh
Arnaud Clement v Yen-Hsun Lu
Mixed Doubles

Final
Fri 4 Jan 2008
Winner Group A v Winner Group B

* Double-header using two courts.

Via
12-24-2007, 09:11 PM
:worship:

(i had thought of that when i saw he wasn't playing adelaide, but gael was still listed for hopman cup then, and for quite a while since)

session 7 will be the only time when we'll get coverage, being in the day-time. which is good for me cos it won't get in the way of my new year's plans lol

however the hopman cup coverage does a lot of short segments showing players other than those playing on the day... so if i'm not glued to the telly every day then i may still miss out on an arnaud appearance :p

btw merry christmas to everyone (who celebrates it) :)

higherlaw
12-26-2007, 03:19 PM
:dance: Well, that's good news! Last year the Tennis Channel showed the Hopman Cup, but I don't know what happening this year! :mad:

:topic: Djokovic and Jelena, what a team!!

edit: I'll get session 7 also! Live, no less :cool:.

Via
12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
i suppose we should be grateful that the tiny veteran has cancelled his holiday and will come back next week.

or perhaps he had always known that gael was in trouble and he had always been on standby? how else can you explain that all the other frenchies are enlisted in adelaide, except for this arnaud? :scratch:

anyway we'll be holding our breath for session 7... and thrashing by the serbian team? lol

Kezzi
12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Ofcourse Holland won't show any of it :rolleyes: Like I care to see the Dutch team play if they even get in :(
Sometimes I just want to call all channels and say 'Helloooooo, there are more (much better) tennisplayers in the world!' But who am I? :p
Maybe I can find a place online where I can watch.

Via
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Ofcourse Holland won't show any of it :rolleyes: Like I care to see the Dutch team play if they even get in :(
Sometimes I just want to call all channels and say 'Helloooooo, there are more (much better) tennisplayers in the world!' But who am I? :p
Maybe I can find a place online where I can watch.

i can't find any promise of live scores or streaming on the official website (since it's an ITF competition one had higher hopes...) http://www.hopmancup.com.au/

i was hoping our lovely national broadcaster might have something but the video link is apparently broke http://www.abc.net.au/tv/video/preview.htm#?vid=video1

but they may still have something come next week... actually come tomorrow :bounce:

Hangdog
12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
or perhaps he had always known that gael was in trouble and he had always been on standby? how else can you explain that all the other frenchies are enlisted in adelaide, except for this arnaud? :scratch:

I've got exactly the same questions! So the new season begins with an old stuff - a lot of questions and a lack of answers... Though personally I don't feel Arnaud's absence in Adelaide might be initially connected with Gael's troubles to play the Hopman Cup, then it would be too bizarre.

Hope those of us who'll get the coverage then will have something to report about :)
P.S. Even if it's true, the "veteran" sounds horrible http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif And all these articles beginning with the "French veteran Arnaud Clement..." are just killing.

Kezzi
12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I agree, he just turned 30 a week ago or so, 'the veteran' makes it sound like he's 60 or something :p

Via
12-29-2007, 07:40 AM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif will stagger on court for the first time this new season (not new year yet) sunday evening our time... i won't get to see any of the action like i said before, but if there's any report on the french team during the day (and if i get to see it), i'll report :angel:

kukka
12-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Congrats to Arnaud & Tatiana for beating Argentina. :) Well, Arnaud lost in singles but fortunately they took the deciding doubles match. :D

Elina

Hangdog
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, congratulations on the first victory of the season... in mixed! lol It's especially odd considering what Tatiana said at her press conference: "He told me he doesn't like to play mixed. So I don't know, he's been winning doubles Grand Slams, but he says he doesn't like to play mixed. So we'll see how it goes." :scratch:

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :hug:

Edit: added a couple of pictures from his match against Chela.

Via
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
that is a good result, considering that arnaud never likes to lose playing for france.

so he'd better start loving mixed doubles because that's their best chance to win a match! lol

i hadn't seen or heard anything special about the french team from the broadcast yesterday... except one commentator made it very clear he thought arnaud was past his best years. :rolleyes: in other words... http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9721/pomnilj5.gif lol

thanks for the pics :yeah:

edit: i now have about 3 minutes of the mixed doubles highlight between france and argentina. if anyone wants it... and you can't find it on youtube or somewhere... i'll see if i can do something about it. arnaud was interviewed afterwards, conversing in fluent english of course.... :)

Catchie
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Don't say that :sad:

I'm wondering if he will be back in Halle and Rosmalen next year :D
Yeah... don't say that :sad:... its not nice :p and i'm done hearing that.. :o

Or they'll show us another qualities and invite us to dinner every once in a while :p
(And let's hope that other quality is cooking in this scenario ;) )
That's a brilliant idea ;)

I agree, he just turned 30 a week ago or so, 'the veteran' makes it sound like he's 60 or something :p
I also agree that Veteran isnt the right word... 30 is still young.. What are they going to call him when he's 40? Grandpa? :lol:

Kezzi
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah... don't say that :sad:... its not nice :p and i'm done hearing that.. :o

That's a brilliant idea ;)

I also agree that Veteran isnt the right word... 30 is still young.. What are they going to call him when he's 40? Grandpa? :lol:
Read the rest of this forum ;)
Arnaud said he would like to still play at 35, so whenever some tournament-ticketdesk-guy says he heard Arnaud's retiring we can tell him it's not true :p