Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2008

Snowwy
11-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Post and discuss suggestions for the 2008 season here.

Snowwy
11-11-2007, 04:54 AM
This doesnt really affect the game itself, but I think we should have a hall of fame to honour some of the people who dont play much or at all anymore that did a lot for the game like yemok, superhoops and tangerine_dream to name a few.

ronim1
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi Snowwy. I would like to suggest to enable the possibility of picking first days, even if there are only 2 or 3 matches scheduled. In WTAWORLD the suicide game works like this, and adds lots of interrest ( and mass suicides ) because of it.

Snowwy
11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Im not sure about this, I like it other than the fact that tournaments start on a Sunday. I find that many people forget that some weeks it starts on Sunday and that starting Monday works better..we could have a poll though about this.

ExcaliburII
11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I would like to have DavisCup.

I would also like to have exact positions in the tournament and not only being eliminated on day5, or day 6, or whatever.

What about qualies?

Björki
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi Snowwy. I would like to suggest to enable the possibility of picking first days, even if there are only 2 or 3 matches scheduled. In WTAWORLD the suicide game works like this, and adds lots of interrest ( and mass suicides ) because of it.
I dont agree :p

Snowwy
11-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Summary of Suggestions

Im just summerizing what people have suggested.

Hall of Fame - To honour the great players who dont play anymore
Sunday Start - Start Sunday, this leads to more excitement as there are only two or three matches and mass suicides.
Davis Cup - Not sure how this would work
Exact Positions - Not sure how this would work again unless you'd have a lot of ties.
Qualifying - Not sure how this would work

More suggestions would be nice or clarification of a couple of the current ones :)

Labamba
11-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I dont agree :p

I don't agree either :p

What's the fun if everybody is out on Day 1? :shrug:

ronim1
11-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't agree either :p

What's the fun if everybody is out on Day 1? :shrug:

Not everybody, but could be a lot, depending of course on the picks and surprises in scoreline.

Peta Pan
11-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I know this gets mentioned every year, but I'd like to see it possible to be able to pick matches later in the day if you miss getting a pick in before the day's play starts.

I think it's fair enough because there are ALWAYS people around to say whether a selection is late or not (just like PAW when people are always told if selections are late)

Back in Suicide's early days people were allowed the occasional instance of this. It's just that occasionally I don't get home from work in time to make a selection before play starts depending on what tournament is selected for this game. (In TT I try to make sure I commit to an appropriately timed tournament but in this game I have no choice which one will be used)

ExcaliburII
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I know this gets mentioned every year, but I'd like to see it possible to be able to pick matches later in the day if you miss getting a pick in before the day's play starts.

I think it's fair enough because there are ALWAYS people around to say whether a selection is late or not (just like PAW when people are always told if selections are late)

Back in Suicide's early days people were allowed the occasional instance of this. It's just that occasionally I don't get home from work in time to make a selection before play starts depending on what tournament is selected for this game. (In TT I try to make sure I commit to an appropriately timed tournament but in this game I have no choice which one will be used)

:yeah:

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 07:32 PM

:yeah:

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM

I would also like to have exact positions in the tournament and not only being eliminated on day5, or day 6, or whatever.

What about qualies?

Davis Cup - maybe people should form national teams. Davis Cup is usually played on 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Every player in the national team make their picks. The total amount of points made by the team is divided by the number of team. Each "group" of Davis Cup has their following pontuation for the the day of winning pick ex:
World Group -
Day 1: 10
Day 2: 20
Day 3: 30

Zonal Group 1 - 1st round (ex: Europe Group 1, Americas Group 1 and Asia/Oceania Group 1) -
Day 1: 6
Day 2: 12
Day 3: 20

Zonal Group 1 - 2nd round
Day 1: 3
Day 2: 6
Day 3: 10

World Group Play-Offs
Day 1: 1
Day 2: 3
Day 3: 5

A right pick in Day 1, for example, would give 5pts, a right pick on day 2 would give 10 and a right pick on day 3 would give 20 points.4

Example for 2008 season:
Feb 8 to Feb 10 - Suicide Tennis! Davis Cup - First Round - players made their picks on World Group 1st Round matches, Europe Group 1 1st round matches, Americas Group 1 1st round matches, Asia/Oceania Group 1 1st round matches. Total amount of points made by the team is divided by the number of players of the team. The team with the highest score (total points/number players) in each tie goes to the Quarter Finals
Max points made in World Group: 240
Max points made in Zonal Group 1: 160

Apr 11 to Apr 13 - Suicide Tennis! Davis Cup - Quarter Finals - same thing as first round but picks are made on 2nd round matches of each zonal group and on quarterfinals matches of World Group. New points system is used for Zonal Group 1, as, if we use the same, the zonal group matches would "mean" more than world group matches
Max points made in World Group: 120
Max points made in Zonal Group 1: 80

Sep 19 to Sep 21 - Suicide Tennis! Davis Cup - Semi Finals - same thing as first and second round but picks are made based on Davis Cup World Group Semi Final matches and Davis Cup World Group Play-offs matches.
Max Points made in World Group: 60
Max Points made in World Group play-offs: 40

Nov 21 to Nov 23 - Suicide Tennis! Davis Cup - Final - points are only based on picks made in Davis Cup World Group Final.
Max points made in World Group: 30

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I hope you guys got my points on this Davis Cup project.
Looking back to hear from you.

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 08:24 PM

What about qualies?

Exact position - impossible, unless we change the system we use to give points
Qualies - only if we set a number of players that can commit to a torney. Or with we only pick in the last round of qualyfing but again, we would have to used a different point system than ATP like:
International Series (175 points to the winners)
Winning pick on Qualyfing Day: 5
Winning Pick on Day 1: 10
Winning Pick on Day 2: 15
Winning Pick on Day 3: 25
Winning Pick on Day 4: 40
Winning Pick on Day 5: 75
Winning Pick on Day 6: 120
Winning Pick on Day 7: 175

:confused: :confused:

ExcaliburII
12-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I think the Davis Cup idea is good, but we should put the restriction that the player picken cant be picked again in the whole DavisCup year.

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I think the Davis Cup idea is good, but we should put the restriction that the player picken cant be picked again in the whole DavisCup year.

:yeah: :yeah:
I didn't think of it :)

Snowwy
12-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I love the DC idea, but I dont like the qualifiers idea. It kinda discourages new players.

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I love the DC idea, but I dont like the qualifiers idea. It kinda discourages new players.

I mean, there is no why for this IMHO :confused:

ExcaliburII
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, but qualies will be played only by players who dont make the cut, although i dont think its a very good idea.

FilipeMB
12-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes, but qualies will be played only by players who dont make the cut, although i dont think its a very good idea.

Yes, if it's decided to have a cut, then qualy will happen. Otherwise, it's senseless.

Snowwy
12-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I mean, there is no why for this IMHO :confused:

I dont understand what you mean here.

Labamba
12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
there's no point in having qualifying in Suicide, it's not like we have too many players at the moment

Björki
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
there's no point in having qualifying in Suicide, it's not like we have too many players at the moment

second this :p

Snowwy
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
second this :p

I agree with the pair of you.

FilipeMB
12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I dont understand what you mean here.

I meant the same thing Labamba and Bjorki said.

balloon
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I feel

that there is no point in having suicide qualifying, even if there are alot of people playing in future..

point is that, qualifying mostly takes place on sat and sun, and basically , we can say that this will just be a 2 day tournament ( do or die mentality ) for those involved in qualies.

So if some big shot ( like tursonov wanting to play qualies to get used to court ) decides to play qualies, i'm sure all, if not most, will pick him, and imagine he loses. there will be no qualifiers :lol:

suicide is unlike tt, where there will surely be a winner , cause its a head to head comparision, so unless we change e system ( like sending picks to managers ) , i find it hard to implement qualies.

not to forget that, there are not alot of pple :wavey:

Peta Pan
12-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Yep qualifying in suicide is pointless. There aren't enough players to worry about it and I think this game is better with more players anyway :shrug:

Snowwy
12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Summary of Suggestions

Sunday Start

Pros:
Sunday start makes game more excitings (only 2 or 3 matches to pick from)

Cons:
Mass suicides on Sunday
People forget to send picks for Sunday

Davis Cup - Explained http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6320652&postcount=13

My question about this is..four people play per country? (Countries like USA can have more than 1 team)

Poll for first suggestion will be posted tomorrow.

FilipeMB
12-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Davis Cup - Explained http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6320652&postcount=13

My question about this is..four people play per country? (Countries like USA can have more than 1 team)

Poll for first suggestion will be posted tomorrow.

No limit for number of players by countries because final score will be generated by the division of the total amount of points made by the team divided by the number players so all countries will have the same condition to win, even the country is made by only 1 player.
We still can set a limit of players by country just in matters of realism.

FilipeMB
12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
When we finish discussing about this, I will open the topic for making teams for next season

Snowwy
12-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Good idea, I was gonna ask you to do that.

FilipeMB
12-08-2007, 08:34 PM
What do you think in what I said about the number of players?

Snowwy
12-08-2007, 08:42 PM
What do you think in what I said about the number of players?

Not sure, I like the 4/team, but I see how that can cause problems. There is no rush to open the thread now, DC is still in 2 months.

FilipeMB
12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Not sure, I like the 4/team, but I see how that can cause problems. There is no rush to open the thread now, DC is still in 2 months.

I mean, in Doha week I post it, ok?
I think the max of 4 per team is pretty good, a lot of players in a team could disconfigure the whole concept in a Davis Cup team.
We can set up like reserve players (in case somebody in the team does not post). Reserve players would exist only in team with high popularity (like Argentina, USA, etc).
We would still do that division I said because there will be no way we will get 16 teams with 4 players so, only teams with 2 players to 4 players would be allowed.

propaganda
12-09-2007, 04:00 PM

i agree :) really good idea !

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Somebody has something to add about Davis Cup?
It's 6 weeks away and I think I'll open the thread here to people organize themselves.

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Somebody has something to add about Davis Cup?
It's 6 weeks away and I think I'll open the thread here to people organize themselves.

hmm..
how about countries with only 1 person in it ? ( looks at myself :rolleyes: )

:wavey:

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
hmm..
how about countries with only 1 person in it ? ( looks at myself :rolleyes: )

:wavey:

It can happen. But not more than 4 players. 1-4.

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
I mean, in Doha week I post it, ok?
I think the max of 4 per team is pretty good, a lot of players in a team could disconfigure the whole concept in a Davis Cup team.
We can set up like reserve players (in case somebody in the team does not post). Reserve players would exist only in team with high popularity (like Argentina, USA, etc).
We would still do that division I said because there will be no way we will get 16 teams with 4 players so, only teams with 2 players to 4 players would be allowed.

It can happen. But not more than 4 players. 1-4.

:confused: :p

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
:confused: :p

It's better to have 16 teams, even with the fact that some of the teams have 1 player, than have less than 16 teams.
It is a suggestion thread and rules are not closed until the moment I open the thread for teams to join the Davis Cup.
That's why I asked with someone had something else to add or modify.

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
It's better to have 16 teams, even with the fact that some of the teams have 1 player, than have less than 16 teams.
It is a suggestion thread and rules are not closed until the moment I open the thread for teams to join the Davis Cup.
That's why I asked with someone had something else to add or modify.

Maybe the top 16 countries of the players in the rankings will be elgibile?

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe the top 16 countries of the players in the rankings will be elgibile?

:confused:
That's a good idea. But, and the other players/country? Do you have something in mind?

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
:confused:
That's a good idea. But, and the other players/country? Do you have something in mind?

Say for example, no.1 is from usa, no.2 is from usa..
so it will be counted as 1 country.. so we will go down to ranking number 17 .. so on and so for..

hmm.. then maybe there will be a world group or something lydat ? ( like tt? )

or they can adopt the top 16 countries flag , which is subject to approval from the captains of the top 16 countries?

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Say for example, no.1 is from usa, no.2 is from usa..
so it will be counted as 1 country.. so we will go down to ranking number 17 .. so on and so for..

hmm.. then maybe there will be a world group or something lydat ? ( like tt? )

or they can adopt the top 16 countries flag , which is subject to approval from the captains of the top 16 countries?

But we don't have that kind of information in our rankings. I mean, i'd have to search for 181 players nationality or the nationality they'd want to use.

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:50 PM
But we don't have that kind of information in our rankings. I mean, i'd have to search for 181 players nationality or the nationality they'd want to use.

maybe you just have to find out the top 30 players ranking first?

and out of topic, how do we find out which country the person is? when i put my cursor over the flag, it only says country flag, it doesnt say anything like the name of the country flag :lol:

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
maybe you just have to find out the top 30 players ranking first?

and out of topic, how do we find out which country the person is? when i put my cursor over the flag, it only says country flag, it doesnt say anything like the name of the country flag :lol:

then, it's just geography knowldge :p
Ok, I'll do it.

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
then, it's just geography knowldge :p
Ok, I'll do it.

i dun have any :rolleyes:

Snowwy
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
If you right click on the flag and click properties it will tell you which flag it is. But at the same time, Felipe or I could open a DC teams thread where we can have team recruting, personally, I dont care if someone from Singapore plays for someone else cuz the wont have a team otherwise, Id rather try to keep it to teams of four, but like in TT, where Jess isnt from Serbia but plays for Serbia, thats completely fine with me.

What do you guys think?

balloon
12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
If you right click on the flag and click properties it will tell you which flag it is. But at the same time, Felipe or I could open a DC teams thread where we can have team recruting, personally, I dont care if someone from Singapore plays for someone else cuz the wont have a team otherwise, Id rather try to keep it to teams of four, but like in TT, where Jess isnt from Serbia but plays for Serbia, thats completely fine with me.

What do you guys think?

yeah but if im not wrong, jess plays for serbia cause serbia is in the world group, and has no representatives, so she choose them, im not sure though.

yeah, minimum of 2 players will be enough though.

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:00 PM

What do you guys think?

That's fine for me also. I mean, it'd be nicer to play for your real country but if they have no space for more players. Teams with only 1 players are unreal. I mean, I could stand it but it'd look unreal. Real Davis Cup teams only play with 2 players or more.

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
That's fine for me also. I mean, it'd be nicer to play for your real country but if they have no space for more players. Teams with only 1 players are unreal. I mean, I could stand it but it'd look unreal. Real Davis Cup teams only play with 2 players or more.

yeah, having 2 is a must..

but how we go about choosing the 16 countries? tts the question? ;)

maldini
12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
balloon...you could play for Switzerland :p

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
balloon...you could play for Switzerland :p

:angel:

u could play for singapore too ;)

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah, having 2 is a must..

but how we go about choosing the 16 countries? tts the question? ;)

We could set up the thread by now and then have a period for the top 16 teams (with you idea based on rankings positions) to commit and recruit their players. The highest players from each country would be the leader unless they do not want to. Countries with less than 2 players would have this period to convince players from "populated" countries like USA, Argentina, etc to join them. Then, after this period, if all the slots are not ocupated, then commitments for rest of the countries would be free. The countries that do not make into the draw would play World Group Qualifying Round in September.
The slots for the countries that join World Group not by "ranking" way would be given based on their rankings

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
We could set up the thread by now and then have a period for the top 16 teams (with you idea based on rankings positions) to commit and recruit their players. The highest players from each country would be the leader unless they do not want to. Countries with less than 2 players would have this period to convince players from "populated" countries like USA, Argentina, etc to join them. Then, after this period, if all the slots are not ocupated, then commitments for rest of the countries would be free. The countries that do not make into the draw would play World Group Qualifying Round in September.
The slots for the countries that join World Group not by "ranking" way would be given based on their rankings

nah its not my idea
i stole it from TT ;)

that sounds good, and we cap the no. of players per country to 4?

maldini
12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
:angel:

u could play for singapore too ;)

hmm i was first :p

and it would be a shame if the country of ATP no.1 wasn't here :p

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
nah its not my idea
i stole it from TT ;)

that sounds good, and we cap the no. of players per country to 4?

your idea = you said this :p

yep. minimium 2, maximium 4

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
your idea = you said this :p

yep. minimium 2, maximium 4

then i mus give credit to gavnich then :angel:

so we wilL have the 16 countries. by default, if there are 5 USA players in the top 16 rankings, then the top ranked one wilL be the captain and he or she can choose 3 others to represent USA. Then the last remaining USA player can choose not to play DC or he can switch allegiance.

How?

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:23 PM
hmm i was first :p

and it would be a shame if the country of ATP no.1 wasn't here :p

Singapore is already very small on the world map, i must enlarge it :haha:

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
then i mus give credit to gavnich then :angel:

so we wilL have the 16 countries. by default, if there are 5 USA players in the top 16 rankings, then the top ranked one wilL be the captain and he or she can choose 3 others to represent USA. Then the last remaining USA player can choose not to play DC or he can switch allegiance.

How?

Yes, he can join another country to play DC if he wants to play DC and USA does not have any space left.
I didn't get your question though

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, he can join another country to play DC if he wants to play DC and USA does not have any space left.
I didn't get your question though

err the how is not a question. haha

its asking wad u tink abt e suggestion i said, about joining another country or not playin dc at all

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
err the how is not a question. haha

its asking wad u tink abt e suggestion i said, about joining another country or not playin dc at all
:lol:
that's fine for me.

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
And as team leade (16 contries qualified for WG), they can choose another country to play to and this country will be part of WG.

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
And if the captain of the country (the top 16) does not want to play DC, then the country lose his position as WG direct qualified country and an alternate country will be called.
By final ranking of 2007, there is only one country repeated in the top 16 (= by now, the countries qualifies for DC) that's Germany.

balloon
12-14-2007, 03:37 PM
And if the captain of the country (the top 16) does not want to play DC, then the country lose his position as WG direct qualified country and an alternate country will be called.
By final ranking of 2007, there is only one country repeated in the top 16 (= by now, the countries qualifies for DC) that's Germany.

thanks for the hard work :angel:

maldini
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Singapore is already very small on the world map, i must enlarge it :haha:

:lol:

then he/she could join Switzerland e.g. :p

FilipeMB
12-14-2007, 03:50 PM
then he/she could join Switzerland e.g. :p

or before it, you can call him to join Switzerland :p

Peta Pan
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
The season has begun and suggestions weren't confirmed...

I suggested the idea of being able to pick as long as the match hasn't started if you weren't able to pick before play for the day started, but although many people agreed with me it has never been confirmed as a rule anywhere.

Today people have done that at Doha so can it please be confirmed so everyone is sure ;)
Also will it apply all the time? Or will there be a limit to how often you can do it? (I know there used to be a limit when it was done that way before - I don't care either way)

FilipeMB
12-31-2007, 02:07 PM
It is a wonderful idea and I'm in favor of it but I can't confirm it and use it just because I agree with it. Other board members have to agree with it too.

Björki
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
if people are allowed to pick after the first match has started we need to post when matches start imho.

I could do this for tournaments in Europe but not Australia.

Peta Pan
12-31-2007, 02:48 PM
if people are allowed to pick after the first match has started we need to post when matches start imho.

I could do this for tournaments in Europe but not Australia.

I wouldn't have thought it would matter so much that it needs to be posted every time a match starts... just periodically checking by anyone to the thread to make sure no one is picking for a match that has started. Just like in PAW.. NO one is able to get away with it there because if someone picks a match that's already started someone always is there to tell them that it's invalid.

Peta Pan
12-31-2007, 02:49 PM
As I said though some people have done it in Doha today so it could be a bit of an issue for the manager there to work out what happens with that since the rule hasn't been confirmed.

FilipeMB
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
As I said though some people have done it in Doha today so it could be a bit of an issue for the manager there to work out what happens with that since the rule hasn't been confirmed.
Labamba, Sheva and I love psy music sent picks after matches started but they were qualyfing matches, therefore, I considered their picks.
mashamaniac sent picks after first round matches began but, if this new rule was confirmed, i'd have accepted his pick. But as I said, I'm not sure about this rule, even though I think this rule will be confirmed.
For Doha, this rule will not be applied. Discussion may be valid for this to start in Auckland or Australian Open.

Peta Pan
12-31-2007, 03:02 PM
ah ok I thought it was more than one... yes it's fine when it's only qualifiers being played

maldini
12-31-2007, 03:05 PM
I am actually against the idea, but if there are enough people who are in favour, I wouldn't be worried too much if such an idea was implemented...

FilipeMB
12-31-2007, 03:05 PM
ah ok I thought it was more than one... yes it's fine when it's only qualifiers being played

As far as I know, it was just mashamaniac. :)

FilipeMB
12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I am actually against the idea, but if there are enough people who are in favour, I wouldn't be worried too much if such an idea was implemented...

I mean, it is extra work but it is a nice thing and correct thing to add. There's no why to not have it, IMHO.

Regenbogen
12-31-2007, 09:51 PM
this is completely random, but: I think there should be some specific way of organizing the entry list for a tournament - preferably by ranking, but on WTAW it sometimes takes forever to get one up since the manager is too busy. Thoughts?

FilipeMB
12-31-2007, 10:04 PM
I mean, we have players list where we put the players still alive and the players already eliminated. Only if we post the entry list in the first post. I support this idea, it would be also interesing but just as a aesthetic plus.

Regenbogen
01-01-2008, 03:23 AM
I mean, we have players list where we put the players still alive and the players already eliminated. Only if we post the entry list in the first post. I support this idea, it would be also interesing but just as a aesthetic plus.

It's just that the way it is, it's hard to find a name on the list right at the start when there are a lot of people. It's probably just me and my stupidity but I'm never going to remember who I've picked so I have to find it there :o Alphabetical order would really work just as well, though

FilipeMB
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
It's just that the way it is, it's hard to find a name on the list right at the start when there are a lot of people. It's probably just me and my stupidity but I'm never going to remember who I've picked so I have to find it there :o Alphabetical order would really work just as well, though

We can if that's suitable but a quick Ctrl+F (either in Firefox or IE) you can find your name in first post ;)

balloon
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
As this is the 2nd full season of Suicide, there will be ranking points to defend, am i right?

Happy New Year to all !! :wavey:

FilipeMB
01-01-2008, 03:35 PM
As this is the 2nd full season of Suicide, there will be ranking points to defend, am i right?

Happy late new year balloon!
And yes, players will have to defend points this year. Actually, you will have to defend nothing because you made no points in Chennai in 2007. :p

balloon
01-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Happy late new year balloon!
And yes, players will have to defend points this year. Actually, you will have to defend nothing because you made no points in Chennai in 2007. :p

Happy New Year FIlipeMB!! :hug:

U mean Doha? :haha:

I guess i better play in Sydney next week then.. ;)

FilipeMB
01-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Happy New Year FIlipeMB!! :hug:

U mean Doha? :haha:

I guess i better play in Sydney next week then.. ;)

No, last year it was Chennai that was runned in First week ;). Accordingly to the ranking files Snowwy did.
In Sydney, you made 90 points last year.

balloon
01-01-2008, 04:25 PM
No, last year it was Chennai that was runned in First week ;). Accordingly to the ranking files Snowwy did.
In Sydney, you made 90 points last year.

:lol: thanks
i will go to the next tournament you run then ;)

MZverev-Fan
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114459

Nice new game!

Baghdatis72
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Nothing to defend until Wimbledon here then :lol:

Happy New Year :D

Snowwy
01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Im sorry, this I wanted to implentment but I havent been home til today since mid December it will first go into effect for the AO.

FilipeMB
01-06-2008, 12:46 PM
this is completely random, but: I think there should be some specific way of organizing the entry list for a tournament - preferably by ranking, but on WTAW it sometimes takes forever to get one up since the manager is too busy. Thoughts?

Your idea has been implanted in Suicide Tennis Auckland :yeah:

tedlesurfeur
11-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Filippo told me to post here.

Suggestions for 2010 :

The creation of a hall of fame with
grand slam winners
title countdown
tournament winners
opponents in the final
nationality
davis cup teams