Did Haas get poisoned at the DC against Russia? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Did Haas get poisoned at the DC against Russia?

Denise
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Some quotes in English - http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/T...216986,00.html

Haas claims he was poisoned
07/11/2007 20:26 - (SA)

Berlin - German tennis star Tommy Haas revealed on Wednesday he believes he was poisoned during his country's Davis Cup semi-final defeat to Russia in Moscow last September.

Haas was beaten in straight sets 6-2 6-2 6-2 by Igor Andreev in the singles as Russia claimed a 3-2 win over Germany on the weekend of September 21-23 to claim their place in the final against the US.

"I have never felt so miserable in my whole life as I did on the Saturday and Sunday nights in Moscow," the 29-year-old told German agency SID.

"Of the eight hours I should have been sleeping, I spent six of them on the toilet."

Six weeks after the incident, Haas says he is still feeling the effects.

"My stomach is still doing some strange things."

Haas's suspicions seem to have been given credence by his Davis Cup team-mate Alexander Waske.

Waske said he was approached by a Russian, whom he has refused to name, who told him that Haas had been poisoned in Moscow.

"Someone came to me and said, 'it was a tight match, it's a shame that Tommy (Haas) was poisoned'," Waske told SID.

When Waske expressed his scepticism at the claim his informer reportedly told him: "Believe me Alex, I know Moscow, there are people who can make these kinds of things happen."

Tried everything

Team doctor Erich Rembeck tried everything to get Haas back to normal, but nothing worked.

"I tried everything from swallowing tablets to syringes, nothing worked," said Haas.

"It just made me feel worse, I really thought I would end up in hospital."

Haas denied his symptoms could have been simply down to nerves on the big occasion.

"Of course, every sportsman suffers from nerves, but I have dreamed my whole life of playing in a Davis Cup semi-final and I wouldn't have been nervous for such a game."

Haas flies to New York on Friday to undergo blood and hair tests to work out what poisoned him.

But the player insists his mysterious illness was no excuse for his defeat in Moscow.

"I gave everything I had in order to win there.

"If I could have done anything else, I would have done.

"But I couldn't help the team from my seat on the toilet."

Denise
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
German media reports that according to Alexander Waske Tommy Haas got poisoned at the DC against Russia. Waske said he had talked to a Russian who mentioned the incident. Haas, who didn't played the second rubber because of a stomach-flu, said that he would be the only player of the Germans who ordered a dessert or a Latte Macchiato and that the poisoning could have taken place then.
German teamdoctor Erich Rembeck doesn't want to exclude the poisoning. He said he examineted Haas because of the symptoms of a stomach-flu and that there wasn't the need then for further medical check-ups. These examinations could follow now.

Quote:
Wurde Tommy Haas beim Daviscup vergiftet?
http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00428/tommyhaas_DW_Sport__428771g.jpg
Tennisprofi Alexander Waske sagt, dass sein Teamkollege beim Halbfinal-Aus im September in Russland möglicherweise vergiftet worden sei. Die deutsche Nummer eins konnte damals nach dem verlorenen ersten Einzel nicht mehr antreten, weil er Magen-Darm-Beschwerden hatte.

Foto: AP
Litt Tommy Haas beim Daviscup-Spiel gegen Russland gar nicht unter einem Magen-Darm-Virus?

Thomas Haas ist bei der Niederlage des deutschen Daviscup-Teams in Moskau gegen Russland möglicherweise vergiftet worden. Diesen Verdacht äußerte Doppelspezialist Alexander Waske in der „Bild“-Zeitung (Dienstag-Ausgabe). „Ich habe mit einem Russen aus Moskau über den Daviscup gesprochen. Er sagte dann ganz beiläufig, dass es ja bitter gewesen sei, dass man Tommy Haas vergiftet habe“, sagte der Tennisprofi.
Haas hatte bei der 2:3-Niederlage im September wegen starker Magen-Darm-Beschwerden nicht zum zweiten Einzel antreten können. „Ich war schockiert, als Alex mir das erzählt hat. Aber wenn ich daran denke, wie schlecht es mir ging, dann kann ich es mir vorstellen“, sagte die deutsche Nummer eins. Er erinnert sich: "Ich bin immer der Einzige von uns, der nach dem Essen einen Nachtisch oder einen Latte Macchiato bestellt. Da es keinen anderen von uns erwischt hat, müssen die es - wenn es stimmen sollte - da gemacht haben." Der deutsche Teamarzt Erich Rembeck wollte eine Vergiftung nicht ausschließen. "Ich habe Tommy nur auf die Symptome des Magen-Darm-Virus untersucht. Denn da gab es noch keinen Verdacht, weitere Untersuchungen anzustellen." Die könnten jetzt folgen.

http://www.welt.de/sport/article1338...vergiftet.html

TommyB.
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/dcsf_haas.asp

A strange story...I hope this is untrue otherwise :mad: !!

Tommy fan
11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I think it's true, even there is so many halls in the story.
Damn, true or not, what a scandal :eek:
I hope it's not true.. Get well Tommy!

Denise
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope it's not true as well! Unfortunately we don't know what is true what is untrue! :unsure: I hate those speculations! Big scandal, for sure :o

11-09-2007, 04:01 AM
So much for Tennis being a "gentleman's sport" :rolleyes: I know one thing if I were a Tennis player I wouldn't be going to Russia :eek: But, of course, a player could be followed anywhere by anyone :sad: I still remember Monica being stabbed in Germany by a Graff Fan :scared:

Tommy fan
11-09-2007, 03:04 PM
It was written in our news paper too.. :sad:
I really hope it's not true.
The test results should be out soon, no?

The Monica case :sad: :sad:

Denise
11-11-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope it's not true as well :sad:

TennisFan2012
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Some quotes in English - http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/T...216986,00.html

Haas claims he was poisoned
07/11/2007 20:26 - (SA)

Berlin - German tennis star Tommy Haas revealed on Wednesday he believes he was poisoned during his country's Davis Cup semi-final defeat to Russia in Moscow last September.

Haas flies to New York on Friday to undergo blood and hair tests to work out what poisoned him.

But the player insists his mysterious illness was no excuse for his defeat in Moscow.

"I gave everything I had in order to win there.

"If I could have done anything else, I would have done.

"But I couldn't help the team from my seat on the toilet."

I don't mean to make light of a very serious story--I hope that the investigation is thorough and finds clear answers quickly and that Tommy fully recovers--but I had to laugh at Tommy's oh-so-typical directness in that last quote! :D

Denise
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
So much for Tennis being a "gentleman's sport" :rolleyes: I know one thing if I were a Tennis player I wouldn't be going to Russia :eek: But, of course, a player could be followed anywhere by anyone :sad: I still remember Monica being stabbed in Germany by a Graff Fan :scared:

I thought tennis was a getleman sport but I think I was wrong. Too many scandals, doping, poisoned, etc. I totally desappointed! :sad: I couldn't go to Russia as well after this :devil: But I used to love and admire Russia so much :crying2: I remember the fact of Monica being stabbed :eek: :scared:

Denise
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
It was written in our news paper too.. :sad:
I really hope it's not true.
The test results should be out soon, no?

The Monica case :sad: :sad:

I want to know the result as fast as possible :o
Monica's case :scared::scared:

Denise
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't mean to make light of a very serious story--I hope that the investigation is thorough and finds clear answers quickly and that Tommy fully recovers--but I had to laugh at Tommy's oh-so-typical directness in that last quote! :D

Yeah, Tommy needs to recover! :p
I LMAO at the last quote, what he was doing at the toilet? :devil::lol:

Nadie
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
well, I'm from Russia and all these topics are rather painfull for me, especially when I read something like that:
:rolleyes: I know one thing if I were a Tennis player I wouldn't be going to Russia :eek:
I think presumption of innocence is stil working. These are just rumours. No proof has been given yet.

guys I was at that DC :rolleyes: I missed Tommy's match because I was at my stupid work :smash: but watched all others. I had cheap tickets without vip-area access but even from our :help: seats we could see clear that Tommy was sitting in a very bad mood, he was totally pissed off :o
I am Tommy fan, I even was rooting for him and not Andreev while following livescores at my office and I am stil mad at fact that I didn't manage to see his play live. :mad:
I hope he will recover as soon as possible and it's not so serious :hug: :awww: and maybe even he will come back one day to Moscow or to St.-Petersburg :angel:

Denise
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
So sorry about that Nadie :sad: We don't want to hurt you! I think we exaggerated a bit, I was kidding with the situation about "not going to Russia" :crying2: Anyway, even with all the scandals I still love and admire Russia! :hearts: I always loved the culture, the pple etc. Look, my favorite tennis player is from Russia. Marat Safin made me appreciate Russia even more! ;) IMO Tommy Haas' forum is for discuss about his tennis, news, make new friends, etc.
Be ok hon :hug:

Denise
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
guys I was at that DC :rolleyes: I missed Tommy's match because I was at my stupid work :smash: but watched all others. I had cheap tickets without vip-area access but even from our :help: seats we could see clear that Tommy was sitting in a very bad mood, he was totally pissed off :o
I am Tommy fan, I even was rooting for him and not Andreev while following livescores at my office and I am stil mad at fact that I didn't manage to see his play live. :mad:
I hope he will recover as soon as possible and it's not so serious :hug: :awww: and maybe even he will come back one day to Moscow or to St.-Petersburg :angel:

I believe you are Tommy's fan :hug:
Yeah, I know he really played bad in DC, he was pissed of, etc..that's a fact, let's wait the results of the investigations ;) Hope will be negative ;)

11-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Nadie you should know I wasn't talking about you and other nice Russian people :hug: But let's face it there are "bad" people everywhere :sad: I did bring up Moncia's stabbing and that was done by a German in Germany :crying2: And as I remember that story the guy didn't even get much punishment from the German courts for the stabbing :confused: I was just upset that something might have been done to Tommy over a Davis Cup Tie of all things :eek: I do a Google search everyday for test results, but so far nothing has been printed :shrug: Oh and I just saw a show about Moscow and it was so beautiful and clean :hearts: And I have to admit I did want to go to see it for myself :)

TennisFan2012
11-23-2007, 03:10 AM
According to this news story, no evidence of poisoning was found.

http://article.wn.com/view/2007/11/18/Davis_Cup_Haas_was_not_poisoned/

Of course, it could be that they just don't know what to test for or that it is too late to detect some types of poisoning. In any case, this case seems to be put to rest now, and I hope Tommy recovers fully. Maybe players who have suspicions in the future can get tested more comprehensively and more quickly.

The story (or one of the other ones linked on the page) said Tommy had some shoulder surgery when in New York, but that he is hoping to play in the Aus. Open.

Denise
12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, no evidence, this is good :retard:

Tommy fan
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I still don't know what to believe, siriously!