followed by
Novak Djokovic vs David Ferrer

followed by
Martin Damm/Leander Paes vs Jonas Bjorkman/Max Mirnyi

followed by
Paul Hanley/Kevin Ullyett vs Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram

FerrersLinda
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Not to bad indeed, although I much rather have had Gonzo in Davids group than Djokovic.

But hey: VAMOS DAVID!!!!

Eden
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
:wavey:

David practiced with Roger

http://s.sohu.com/20071108/n253140932.shtml

*Ljubica*
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM

David practiced with Roger

http://s.sohu.com/20071108/n253140932.shtml

Thanks for the link :hug:

FerrersLinda
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Thank you:worship:

sonia
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Good luck David!! :bigclap:

Sommarsverige
11-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Yay, vamosssssssss David :clap2: :clap2:

He is the only one I will really follow by heart in Shanghai ;) Still have minimal hopes of the other chico entering, but I think the chances that Roddick and/or Davydenko will withdraw are not that big anymore :sad:

Have a good weekend everyone :hug:

alisia
11-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Yay, vamosssssssss David :clap2: :clap2:

He is the only one I will really follow by heart in Shanghai ;) Still have minimal hopes of the other chico entering, but I think the chances that Roddick and/or Davydenko will withdraw are not that big anymore :sad:

Have a good weekend everyone :hug:

Thanks Birte :hug:

Have a good weekend yourself :D

FerrersLinda
11-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks Birte.

Some pictures of our boy. For bigger and better versions go to Getty Images.

alisia
11-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks Birte.

Some pictures of our boy. For bigger and better versions go to Getty Images.

Linda :worship: must say he cleans up quite nicely :hearts:

Found this on his site

alisia
11-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Good start by David breaking Nole in his first service game :D Not sure about the shirt thou :o black with silver foil bits :rolleyes:

I've got to record the rest of the match because I'm off to the remberence service at church

*Ljubica*
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
He played extremely well, though to be fair, Novak was far from his best, and I admit that first thing in the morning isn't the easiest of times for me to settle to watch tennis - still it was the only match I'll see til next weekend, so at least it was a good one! Thankfully Boy Wonder and Gasquet went 3 sets so David didn't start til about 8.30am so I got up just in time to watch it...... no way was I getting out of my bed at 6.00am on a Sunday morning to watch Nadal :devil:

alisia
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
He won :bounce: I'll watch the match this afternoon :D Still not sure about the shirt thou :awww: but he should wear black more often :hearts:

Rosie the first match between & Rafa & Richie was very entertaining :D

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
:woohoo::banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo:

David you amazing boy!!!! Oh my god I've got a feeling, he's gonna win TMC!!!:p

I'm a bad fan, I didn't watch it eventhough I put my alarmclock and I really wanted to see him play. But I just couldn't get up. Maybe because I still have a bad cold and didn't get any sleep the night before due to the wild west relocation to our livingroom?:scratch:

alisia
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
:woohoo::banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo:

David you amazing boy!!!! Oh my god I've got a feeling, he's gonna win TMC!!!:p

I'm a bad fan, I didn't watch it eventhough I put my alarmclock and I really wanted to see him play. But I just couldn't get up. Maybe because I still have a bad cold and didn't get any sleep the night before due to the wild west relocation to our livingroom?:scratch:

:eek: Bad Linda :devil: :p

I've got it on my sky+ box ;)

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 01:52 PM
:eek: Bad Linda :devil: :p

I've got it on my sky+ box ;)

Very bad indeed.:sad:

Damn I need one of those sky+ boxes. Could I maybe get a "David beats nasty Nole" xmas present?:angel:

Btw, more Masters Cup pictures in the picture thread.

*Ljubica*
11-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Damn I need one of those sky+ boxes. Could I maybe get a "David beats nasty Nole" xmas present?:angel:

Linda :hug: After your bad experiences I will even forgive you calling my sweet Novak "nasty Nole" :lol: Hope everything is alright with you and Dik now.

alisia
11-11-2007, 01:58 PM

You might :p do you want the interview before hand of him speaking English :devil:

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Linda :hug: After your bad experiences I will even forgive you calling my sweet Novak "nasty Nole" :lol: Hope everything is alright with you and Dik now.

:wavey: Rosie!

Thanks but I was calling him "nasty Nole" before my husband got shot at.:bolt:

Thanks for asking we are fine. In fact the target is on a bike riding thru mud as we speak.:cuckoo: Yesterday evening when Dik was playing with Noodles in the garden I didn't feel quite happy with that and made the two of them come in. We have decided to put up a new fence around the house. One that's wood and brick and you can't "accidentally" shoot thru.

You might :p do you want the interview before hand of him speaking English :devil:

YES!!!!! I love, love, love it when he speaks English, it's soooooo sexy.:drool: Thank you oh mighty Alisia of the Nottingham woods.:worship:

alisia
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
YES!!!!! I love, love, love it when he speaks English, it's soooooo sexy.:drool: Thank you oh mighty Alisia of the Nottingham woods.:worship:

My mum thinks he's got a lovely accent as well :o It's recording as we speak :D

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
My mum thinks he's got a lovely accent as well :o It's recording as we speak :D

Your mum is a wise woman.:) Thanks again.:worship:

alisia
11-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Your mum is a wise woman.:) Thanks again.:worship:

I can't remember him putting his racket in his mouth & making a trigger at his head :devil:

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I can't remember him putting his racket in his mouth & making a trigger at his head :devil:

:eek:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
:wavey: Rosie!

Thanks but I was calling him "nasty Nole" before my husband got shot at.:bolt:

Thanks for asking we are fine. In fact the target is on a bike riding thru mud as we speak.:cuckoo: Yesterday evening when Dik was playing with Noodles in the garden I didn't feel quite happy with that and made the two of them come in. We have decided to put up a new fence around the house. One that's wood and brick and you can't "accidentally" shoot thru.

Sounds very wise to me :)

FerrersLinda
11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Sounds very wise to me :)

We think it is too. Not just because of the reason stated above but also because it will give us a feeling of safety.(false or not we don't know but it's worth a try)

Eléa
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Hola chicas!!!
(i know i didn't post anything for ages :rolleyes: i'm sorry )
I'm so so so happy and proud of David! i couldn't watch the match because of the time difference, but i was so happy when i saw the score this morning!
It's so good to see David in the masters, he definitely has his place here! :yeah:
I hope everybody is okay :hug:

Sommarsverige
11-11-2007, 05:16 PM
David :bounce: :bounce:

I am so happy he won against Djokovic :woohoo: Couldn´t believe it when I saw the score this morning :) You are all so lucky with the coverages...here in crappy Germany they of course don´t show anything at all :p

I hope David will continue that strong in the next matches :yeah:

alisia
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Hola chicas!!!
(i know i didn't post anything for ages :rolleyes: i'm sorry )
I'm so so so happy and proud of David! i couldn't watch the match because of the time difference, but i was so happy when i saw the score this morning!
It's so good to see David in the masters, he definitely has his place here! :yeah:
I hope everybody is okay :hug:

Elea :hug: How are you :confused:

alisia
11-11-2007, 06:14 PM
David :bounce: :bounce:

I am so happy he won against Djokovic :woohoo: Couldn´t believe it when I saw the score this morning :) You are all so lucky with the coverages...here in crappy Germany they of course don´t show anything at all :p

I hope David will continue that strong in the next matches :yeah:

Birte :hug: our boy played brill from start to finish :D

I'm not sure he watched David play but Tommy was sat with Sergio Garcia during Rafa's match :)

cobalt60
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow oh wow oh wow :banana: Honestly did not think he'd win but oh so glad he did!!! Ok I am a bit late here :lol:

alisia
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
From the main site

Ferrer Upsets Djokovic in Sweet Day for Spain

David Ferrer made it two-for-two for Spanish players on the opening day of Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai Sunday after upsetting World No. 3 Novak Djokovic 6-4, 6-4. Following Rafael Nadal's come-from-behind three-set win over Richard Gasquet, Ferrer won his debut match at the circuit finale and avenged his straight-sets loss to Djokovic in this year's US Open semifinals.

Don't for a minute think that Ferrer's ambitions have been sated by simply qualifying for the Masters Cup. His impressive performance against Djokovic - who was the first player to arrive in Shanghai last Monday - now puts him in strong contention to reach the semifinals. Ferrer broke Djokovic at 4-4 in the first set and claimed a second consecutive break in the opening game of the second set when Djokovic double faulted on break point. He then saved all three break points he faced during the set.

"I think he was a little nervous in the first set," Ferrer said. "I played with confidence all the match. I played really, really good. Confidence is very important and right now I am in great shape mentally.

"We are good friends. I am happy because Rafa won and I won. It's important for tennis in Spain. In my match against Rafa I need to run a lot to beat to him. He's the favorite and if he plays with a good level I think it will be a difficult match for me."

Djokovic, who will next play Richard Gasquet as he tries to keep his semifinal hopes alive, paid tribute to Ferrer for his win.

"I was the favorite in this match, but he proved that he's a great player and absolutely he deserved to win.I didn't play on the level I was supposed to play, that I played throughout all this year... but I'm still not out of the chances to get to the semifinal... Mentally I felt a bit more pressure than I usually have. Obviously that had an effect on my game.

"I knew that it's not going to be an easy match. I didn't underestimate him. Obviously he was very motivated - it's even his first time in Shanghai, in the Masters Cup, and he didn't have anything to lose. You could see that he was moving really well. He was aggressive. He kind of surprised me in the start, the way he played."

LaTenista
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I didn't have any coverage but someone texted me to let me know he'd won. :)

RogiFan88
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Woo hoo! Well done, David, beating that Nole guy and getting sweet revenge!!

Now to solidify your place in the SF by taking out the No 2 tomorrow!

David is really enjoying his first TMC, that's great! Nice to see him win his first TMC match!

VAMOS, FERRU!!

alisia
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CENTER COURT - start 3:00 pm

P Hanley (AUS) / K Ullyett (ZIM) vs J Bjorkman (SWE) / M Mirnyi (BLR)

Not Before 5:00 PM

N Djokovic (SRB) vs R Gasquet (FRA)

Not Before 7:30 PM

R Nadal (ESP) vs D Ferrer (ESP)

Eléa
11-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Elea :hug: How are you :confused:
i had some hard times but i'm better ;) thank you :)

Vamos David for tomorrow!! i'll follow the live score at work, that's the best i can do :tears:

*Ljubica*
11-13-2007, 07:12 AM
i had some hard times but i'm better ;) thank you :)

Vamos David for tomorrow!! i'll follow the live score at work, that's the best i can do :tears:

Eléa :hug: Take care of yourself sweetie. And I will only be following on livescore from work too :sad: Vamos David!

Sue
11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Eléa honey...good to see you here again!
And a big VAMOS DAVID from me....

xx

FerrersLinda
11-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Elea:hug:

I'm watching the match but I've got to go in 15 minutes. I hope he recovers from this awful start. Poor boy looks a little nervous.

VAMOS!!!

*Ljubica*
11-13-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm watching the match but I've got to go in 15 minutes. I hope he recovers from this awful start. Poor boy looks a little nervous.

VAMOS!!!

Linda :wavey: He seems to be fighting well according to the Live Score board. He lost the 1st set 4-6, but now has a break in the second and leads it 5-3 :) I'm trying to follow that match, as well as Dima in Dnepropetrovsk, who is playing at exactly the same time :rolleyes: , - so as you can imagine - not much work is being done :o :lol:

alisia
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM

VAMOS!!!

I was in a meeting all morning & came out of it to find him 4-1 down :eek: He lost it 6-4 eventually :mad: Now the silly boy's just got broken serving for the 2nd set at 5-3 :smash: I've got to go to another meeting in 15 mins so it will be 3pm before I'll find out what he's done :fiery: :sad: At least I can watch it tonight alone with a glass of wine :D

*Ljubica*
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM
He broke back and took the 2nd set 6-4 :bounce: Well done David! Can't deny that everytime Nadal loses I feel a great sense of pleasure :devil: Isn't that bad of me, but at least I'm honest :o So if David can go on to win this match I will be ecstatic!! Got to go into a meeting myself now, and then home, - so good luck for the rest of the match David :)

cobalt60
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Getting excited here :banana:

Sommarsverige
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
David wonnnnnnn :woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce: :banana:

I am so happy and excited about this win :crazy: :crazy:

LaTenista
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
:yeah: Now Gasquet.

alisia
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
OMG he won :bounce: I can't believe he beat Rafa :bounce: I'm sooo happy :bounce: That makes up for the terrible day I've had :p

*Ljubica*
11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Anyone who beats Boy Wonder is immediately a prime candidate to father my babies :devil: I realise I may have some strong competition here, but that's the second time in a few months :) Vamos David :banana: Get rid of the evil one :devil:

:secret: btw - if anyone cares, my Dima won too :)

alisia
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
ATP Tour - Nadal stunned by Ferrer again

David Ferrer upset world number two Rafael Nadal 4-6 6-4 6-3 at the Masters Cup to earn his second successive win over his Spanish compatriot.

The Shanghai debutant, who beat Nadal in the fourth round of the US Open in September, now takes a commanding lead in the Gold Group with two victories in two matches.

Ferrer still needs a result in his group phase finale against Richard Gasquet on Thursday or another Nadal loss in order to book his place in the semi-finals, however.

Nadal, meanwhile, still has a chance to qualify for the last four if he can win his final round robin match against the already eliminated Novak Djokovic.

"I was just happy to qualify for the Masters Cup," Ferrer said after beating his close friend Nadal. "Rafa is the best player in Spain's history. This is just one match."

The 25-year-old Ferrer more than matched the expectations set in September's 6-7(3) 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2 US Open thriller, again coming from behind against the second seeded Mallorcan to claim a famous victory in two hours and 40 minutes.

Nadal started well enough rushing ahead 3-0 in the opening set with breaks of serve in the first and third games after some costly errors from Ferrer.

But the sixth seeded Ferrer appeared to rediscover his rhythm breaking back in the fourth with a blazing return-of-serve winner down the line.

Another series of unforced errors from Ferrer cost him another break, however, in the very next game.

Still, the US Open semi-finalist finally recalled the form that saw him upset Djokovic in the tournament opener, breaking again in the sixth and holding serve for the first time all match thanks to a fine series of shots from the baseline and at the net to reach 3-4.

Nadal continued to struggle on serve at the end of the first set and was made to save a break point with a perfect slicing serve-and-volley out wide before holding to deuce.

Rafa, both knees taped after suffering from tendonitis coming into the tournament, then confirmed the opening set on serve after Ferrer hit the unforced forehand error into the net on the first set point of the match.

The second set was an equally back-and-forth affair as both men were forced to save break points and play repeated deuce games with the set staying on serve through seven games.

Ferrer overpowered the triple French Open champion in the eighth game, however, with a string of brutal groundstrokes that earned him a break of serve and a 5-3 lead.

Nadal then demonstrated why he has been the second best player in the world for two and a half years running with a phenomenal run of winners that earned him a break back to love.

But Ferrer was not going to let him off that easily, as the Valencia native earned himself a pair of set points on Nadal's serve, confirming the break and the set on the second when Nadal whipped an unforced forehand error across court and well wide of the left tramline.

Ferrer continued his imposing play in the third set, breaking the 21-year-old lefty in the fourth and the sixth games to take a 5-1 lead.

Nadal looked set to stage an amazing fightback after Ferrer was unable to serve out for the match on the first time asking and after the Mallorcan then saved a match point on his own serve to hold out a nervy service game in the eighth.

Ferrer, though, was finally able to serve out for the victory on his second time asking by easily reaching a Nadal drop-shot and sending the forehand winner down the line to wrap up the win with a love-service game and virtually assure his place in the semi-finals.

"David is playing with unbelievable confidence and moving unbelievable -- just crazy," Nadal said.

"No excuse. This is the toughest tournament of the year. Anything can happen. I didn't play a bad match. I played well. He played better."

alisia
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I've just sat & watched the match, allbeit with a hours break for Autumn watch, & what a brilliant match it was :worship: both Rafa & David played soo well :worship: just hope he beats Gasquet :D

Linda do you want another xmas pressie? :p

Sue
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
:worship: DAVID!! :worship:

How cool! Vamos chico!!!

alisia
11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
:worship: DAVID!! :worship:

How cool! Vamos chico!!!

:wavey: Sue

Did you see the match :confused:

FerrersLinda
11-14-2007, 12:57 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HE WON!!!!!!!!!!

I had Dik text message me as soon as the match was over. So when my class was finished I ran out to my car(no cellphones allowed during classes) and drove to the gym in a very good mood.:D Being all excited about Davids win made me run faster and longer than I usually do so I spent about an hour on the treadmill. Only to come home and find the hot-water tube had bursted and my was like a fishbowl. About a centimeter of water throughout the house.:ras: So I spent the rest of my day moving furniture, mopping and drying floors. When I finally got done with that, it took a few hours:rolleyes: I went to walk Noodles and of course it started p***ing with rain and I had no umbrella with me.:sad: Water:mad: Like I said this weekend, never a dull moment in Costa Rica.:rolleyes:

Thank God the people at ESPN decided to air a rerun of Davids match tonight, so I watched our boy play some amazing tennis.(no need for an extra xmas pressie Ali, but thanks for the offer:worship: ) He looks so fresh and fired up compared to the other guys at TMC.

RogiFan88
11-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Anyone who beats Boy Wonder is immediately a prime candidate to father my babies :devil: I realise I may have some strong competition here, but that's the second time in a few months :) Vamos David :banana: Get rid of the evil one :devil:

:secret: btw - if anyone cares, my Dima won too :)

Oh happy day!! Great result for David beating Raf once again on the hc! Good to see him beating Raf by making HIM run all over the court, running HIM off the court and getting back every ball w interest AND that netplay!!

Just keep going! Hope the Spanish press appreciates David's efforts and results! :angel:

11-14-2007, 05:52 AM
I must admit I knew nothing about David and couldn't remember ever seeing him play until the last part of this year. And I must say I really like his tennis :woohoo: And I also must add I really love what he looks like :hearts: What is it about the Spanish men :drool:

nayeli0016
11-14-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm a certified fan of David Ferrer now. I honestly didn't pay too much attention to him before; he was just like another Spanish tennis player to me (sorry folks!) however after seeing him play against Nadal last night and remembering an article that I read about him, I think Ferrer's a formidable tennis player and if he maintains such style of play he'd be able to get really far God willing.

*Ljubica*
11-14-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm a certified fan of David Ferrer now. I honestly didn't pay too much attention to him before; he was just like another Spanish tennis player to me (sorry folks!) however after seeing him play against Nadal last night and remembering an article that I read about him, I think Ferrer's a formidable tennis player and if he maintains such style of play he'd be able to get really far God willing.

Welcome to the club :wavey:

Linda - sorry about your burst water pipe - you're not having much luck lately are you?:awww:

And I now know I must be the ONLY person who hasn't seen the match :sad: I was at work when it was on live, Sky didn't show a replay, and my VCR is currently broken :sad: so I couldn't record it. Ah well - I hate Nadal anyway so it saves me having to look at him :lol:

Sue
11-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Nope, Ali and Ros....I didn't see it either, no coverage for me, just had to make do with reading the articles.

alisia
11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
HE WON!!!!!!!!!!

I had Dik text message me as soon as the match was over. So when my class was finished I ran out to my car(no cellphones allowed during classes) and drove to the gym in a very good mood.:D Being all excited about Davids win made me run faster and longer than I usually do so I spent about an hour on the treadmill. Only to come home and find the hot-water tube had bursted and my was like a fishbowl. About a centimeter of water throughout the house.:ras: So I spent the rest of my day moving furniture, mopping and drying floors. When I finally got done with that, it took a few hours:rolleyes: I went to walk Noodles and of course it started p***ing with rain and I had no umbrella with me.:sad: Water:mad: Like I said this weekend, never a dull moment in Costa Rica.:rolleyes:

Thank God the people at ESPN decided to air a rerun of Davids match tonight, so I watched our boy play some amazing tennis.(no need for an extra xmas pressie Ali, but thanks for the offer:worship: ) He looks so fresh and fired up compared to the other guys at TMC.

I thought you'd got lucky & Marat had turned up to be your pool boy :p What is it with you & water :confused: :rolleyes: Have you ever thought about moving to the Sahara Desert :o

Oops I'd already recorded it seeing has they had him talking in English again :hearts: but no worries I'm sure I can find a good home for it :devil: They kept calling Javi the dungeon master :eek:

alisia
11-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Thursday, November 15, 2007

CENTER COURT start 3:00 pm
Jonas Björkman/Max Mirnyi (SWE/BLR)vs Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram (ISR)

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs Novak Djokovic (SRB)

Richard Gasquet (FRA) vs David Ferrer (ESP)

followed by
Paul Hanley/Kevin Ullyett (AUS/ZIM) vs Martin Damm/Leander Paes (CZE/IND)

FerrersLinda
11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ferrer fangirling.:wavey:

I thought you'd got lucky & Marat had turned up to be your pool boy :p What is it with you & water :confused: :rolleyes: Have you ever thought about moving to the Sahara Desert :o

Oops I'd already recorded it seeing has they had him talking in English again :hearts: but no worries I'm sure I can find a good home for it :devil: They kept calling Javi the dungeon master :eek:

No Marat, no pool, but loads of water. Right now the Sahara Desert doesn't look to bad no.:rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I would like to get another xmas pressie.:angel:

Rosie we like to think we are having lots of luck atm. Dik got shot at, but he didn't get shot. And our house didn't drown.(or something of that sort):D Trying to be positive here. Unfortunately I can't be positive about the chances of survival of floors.:awww:

*Ljubica*
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ferrer fangirling.:wavey:

No Marat, no pool, but loads of water. Right now the Sahara Desert doesn't look to bad no.:rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I would like to get another xmas pressie.:angel:

Rosie we like to think we are having lots of luck atm. Dik got shot at, but he didn't get shot. And our house didn't drown.(or something of that sort):D Trying to be positive here. Unfortunately I can't be positive about the chances of survival of floors.:awww:

How about thinking positively that you really wanted a brand new floor anyway :)

FerrersLinda
11-14-2007, 06:54 PM
How about thinking positively that you really wanted a brand new floor anyway :)

:yeah: But I really don't want to put a new floor in the livingroom. Been there done that not to long ago.:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
:yeah: But I really don't want to put a new floor in the livingroom. Been there done that not to long ago.:rolleyes:

Just think of all the cute, shirtless floor boys :p

FerrersLinda
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Just think of all the cute, shirtless floor boys :p

You are such a hussy.:rolleyes:

I like it.:yeah:

*Ljubica*
11-14-2007, 07:41 PM
You are such a hussy.:rolleyes:

I like it.:yeah:

I wonder who I learnt them from? :p

FerrersLinda
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I wonder who I learnt them from? :p

Not me.:angel:

alisia
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
:worship: David won 6-1 6-1 :worship: Which means that he & Rafa are in the semi's :bounce:

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
:woohoo: Awesome display:woohoo:

I hope people will take hims serious now.

*Ljubica*
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Well done David :bigclap: And then the fools on GM go on about how Tommy Robredo would have failed in Shanghai. At least he would have fought and tried - whereas Gasquet.............. :bolt:

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Well done David :bigclap: And then the fools on GM go on about how Tommy Robredo would have failed in Shanghai. At least he would have fought and tried - whereas Gasquet.............. :bolt:

To be honest it really felt like Gasquet was trying to try but David just didn't give him an mm to work with. And I have nothing against Robredo, except maybe that he's a dirty man:p , but his game doesn't come close to Davids right now.

Björki
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
congrats to David and his fans :yeah:

Sunset of Age
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Hullo people, just popping in here to congratulate you with your fellow's awesome victory! :hatoff:

... I guess I'm not the only one who's thinking Pics might well end up winning the title? ;)

*Ljubica*
11-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Hullo people, just popping in here to congratulate you with your fellow's awesome victory! :hatoff:

... I guess I'm not the only one who's thinking Pics might well end up winning the title? ;)

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 12:14 PM

Thanks Bjorki and ClayBuzza.:)

Don't know if he'll end up winning the title but he has a very fair shot at it as I feel he's playing the best of all players in Shanghai.

alisia
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
congrats to David and his fans :yeah:

We can hope but I somehow think it will be one of the big 2 to win :(

Sommarsverige
11-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Congrats David :bounce: :bounce:

I was quite sure he would beat Gasquet, but not that clearly ;)
David sooooooo deserves this and I would be so happy if he could reach the final :worship:

cobalt60
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Bravo Senor Ferrer!! What a kick :banana:

hope11
11-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Wonderful win by Ferrer! Unfortunately I have not been able to watch any of his matches this week. However I saw a clip of Ferrer winning and instead of writing his signature on the camera he wrote “xayi”. Does anyone know what that means? It didn’t look like his signature. Just curious! Great win today!

alisia
11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Wonderful win by Ferrer! Unfortunately I have not been able to watch any of his matches this week. However I saw a clip of Ferrer winning and instead of writing his signature on the camera he wrote “xayi”. Does anyone know what that means? It didn’t look like his signature. Just curious! Great win today!

It would be xabi which is his nephew's name I think :D

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 04:29 PM

It would be xabi which is his nephew's name I think :D

I think it's either his nephew or maybe it's a shout out to the great Sr. Piles. Xavi is probably the way you would write his name in Valencia.:shrug:

LPG
11-15-2007, 05:31 PM
yesterday he wrote Xavi, who is his nephew, and today Xabia, which is the name of his town in the Valencian language

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
yesterday he wrote Xavi, who is his nephew, and today Xabia, which is the name of his town in the Valencian language

Thanks for the info.:worship:

alisia
11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Just watched the match & it was definately Xabia he wrote on the camera :D

:bowdown: :bowdown: Prays to the tennis gods he plays that well in the semi-final :bowdown: :bowdown:

alisia
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
ATP Tour - Ferrer wins Gold Group in style

David Ferrer bulldozed French eighth seed Richard Gasquet 6-1 6-1 in just under an hour to improve his Masters Cup record to 3-0 and claim a place in the semi-finals as the top qualifier out of the Gold Group.

Second seed Rafael Nadal will join his Spanish compatriot as the second qualifier out of the group after beating Novak Djokovic in his round robin finale.

Ferrer, who beat world number two Nadal and world number three Djokovic in his two previous matches, improves his Shanghai record to 3-0 in his debut at the season-ending championships.

"I didn't expect to reach the semi-finals but I'm playing with a lot of confidence and I'm improving every match," Ferrer said.

"To win the Masters is a dream. I'm just thinking about the next match. Getting to the semi-finals is already a big achievement."

Gasquet, meanwhile, is eliminated from the indoor hardcourt event after dropping to a 1-2 record in his Shanghai debut.

The French number one, who had never even broken Spain's Ferrer in two previous meetings, opened the match promisingly enough with his first-ever break of serve against the sixth seed.

But Ferrer soon rediscovered the form that saw him reach the US Open semi-finals and earn two famous wins against Nadal in their last two meetings.

The world number six began to obliterate the eighth seeded Frenchman with what has became one of the most potent forehands in the game from the second game onwards, breaking Gasquet to love in the second and repeating the stunt in the fourth.

It wasn't until the sixth game that Gasquet, whose play was plagued throughout by unforced errors, actually won a point on serve.

Still, Ferrer broke to 15 on an unforced Gasquet error and then closed out the opener in just 26 minutes with a love-service game concluded with a stunning forehand winner down the line.

The 25-year-old Spaniard then broke Gasquet again in the opening game of the second set and secured a love-service game in the second by teasing Gasquet with an ideal drop-shot that the Frenchman could only put back into the net.

It was not until the third game of the second set that Gasquet finally held serve to finally return to the scoreboard after dropping eight straight games.

But the 21-year-old's revival was short lived, as Ferrer easily won the next four games wrapping up the victory in 59 minutes and 59 seconds with a forehand winner down the line for his sixth break of the match.

In the last four Ferrer will face the yet-to-be determined second-place finisher from the Red Group, with Andy Roddick set to meet Roger Federer for the top prize in the group on the final day of round robin matches.

Fernando Gonzalez is also capable of claiming second-place in the group if he beats Nikolay Davydenko and if Roddick eliminates Federer by beating the three-time champion in Friday's finale.

hope11
11-15-2007, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info! I wonder what he will write next time when he wins!:)

knight_ley
11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I haven't been here since the summer thanks to work and school, but :eek: I cannot get over how amazing he's playing right now!!! :woohoo:

FerrersLinda
11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info! I wonder what he will write next time when he wins!:)

Linda:p

Schu
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
:wavey: Hi

BIG Gasquet Fan here who just dropped in to say CONGRATS to David. What a beatdown he gave my guy!

Good luck to him in the Semis and Finals. I'd love to see him beat the others - he deserves to win with the way he has been playing.

RogiFan88
11-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Fabulous Ferru has won all three of his RR matches in his first TMC! How fantastic for him! So nice to see him play so well and be so happy!!

*Ljubica*
11-16-2007, 09:45 AM
:wavey: Hi

BIG Gasquet Fan here who just dropped in to say CONGRATS to David. What a beatdown he gave my guy!

Good luck to him in the Semis and Finals. I'd love to see him beat the others - he deserves to win with the way he has been playing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by here. Your nice words and sporting attitude are greatly appreciated - thanks :hug:

cobalt60
11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Linda:p

:rolls: you are too funny.
Man oh man do well David :banana:

alisia
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Oop for Saturday

CENTER COURT start 1:30 pm

P Hanley (AUS) / K Ullyett (ZIM) vs M Knowles (BAH) / D Nestor (CAN)

Not Before 3:00 PM
S Aspelin (SWE) / J Knowle (AUT) vs M Damm (CZE) / L Paes (IND)

(6)D Ferrer (ESP) vs (5)A Roddick (USA)

(1)R Federer (SUI) vs (2)R Nadal (ESP)

FerrersLinda
11-16-2007, 06:25 PM
:rolls: you are too funny.
Man oh man do well David :banana:

Wouldn't it be really funny though if he would write Linda on the monitor?:)

Oop for Saturday

CENTER COURT start 1:30 pm

P Hanley (AUS) / K Ullyett (ZIM) vs M Knowles (BAH) / D Nestor (CAN)

Not Before 3:00 PM
S Aspelin (SWE) / J Knowle (AUT) vs M Damm (CZE) / L Paes (IND)

(6)D Ferrer (ESP) vs (5)A Roddick (USA)

(1)R Federer (SUI) vs (2)R Nadal (ESP)

:ras: Does this mean I have to get up really early tonight?:scratch: Grrrrrrrr.

alisia
11-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Wouldn't it be really funny though if he would write Linda on the monitor?:)

:ras:

:ras: Does this mean I have to get up really early tonight?:scratch: Grrrrrrrr.

It's 03.41 in Shanghai at the moment I think :lol:

FerrersLinda
11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
:ras:

Yep it would be very funny.:p

It's 03.41 in Shanghai at the moment I think :lol:

:zzz:

cobalt60
11-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh it would be :cool:
Are you trying to tell us something Linda? :lol:

sonia
11-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Very good luck tomorrow, David!!!! :bigclap:

nayeli0016
11-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Welcome to the club :wavey:

Thank you so much! Later's the Ferrer-Roddick game, I hope Ferrer wins God willing. :)
I'm so excited for that match. It's going to be an interesting match indeed unless Ferrer surprises me the same way with his match against Gasquet (I was thinking it would be a tight match, but it turned out to be almost a no-sweat match for Ferrer). LOL

Rafas_grl
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Isnt that his gf in the player's box??

:sad: :sad:

*Ljubica*
11-17-2007, 09:42 AM
:woohoo: David's in the Masters' Final! Congratulations. Rather disappointed he didn't write Linda on the camera after all that though :o I didn't come on line during the match - preferred to watch it "properly" on the sofa with my breakfast. So many congrats, and big :hug: to Ali and Linda who are surely the most committed Ferrer chicas!!!

And - yes - Rafas_grl, I think that was Yolanda (his girlfriend) in the box. She doesn't go to many tournaments though, (prefers to keep a "low profile"), but I'm pretty sure it was her.

Sommarsverige
11-17-2007, 09:45 AM
:wavey: this is Sjoukje from Birte's account, don't feel like logging out and in again :p

Well done David!!!!! :D :D :D

Sommarsverige
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
This is Birte from Birtes account now ;)

Awww, soooooo happy that David is in the final :woohoo: :woohoo:

I only saw the matchpoint, but he looked so happy :bounce:

David really belongs in the final and it would be a dream if he would also win tomorrow :worship: :)

Björki
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
congrats David :yeah: Hope he plays Rafa :D

alisia
11-17-2007, 11:23 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: He won & now he's in the Masters final :woohoo: :woohoo:

:bowdown: :bowdown: Tennis gods :bowdown: :bowdown:

Unfortunately it looks like he'll be playing Federer :ras: unless Rafa performs a miricle :sad:

cobalt60
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
:banana: :banana: What a performance!!! Amazing what confidence and belief and the ability to work on one's game can do;)

Sue
11-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Sjoukje...lovely to see you here, thanks to you and Birte for dropping by and for your good wishes for David.
Am SO excited that he's made the final...its a pity we didn't all put some money on him at the start of the year- if we had done we'd be able to fly out there and support him!
VAMOS DAVID!!!!!

*Ljubica*
11-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Unlike almost everyone else here, I'm just so relieved that it's Federer. Can't deny it - I loathe Nadal so much that it's almost painful for me to have to watch him :o , so at least I can enjoy the final tomorrow now without wanting to throw something through the TV screen :devil:

I know it's a tall order for David as he has a 0-7 head-to-head with Roger, but the law of averages means that has to change sometime, - so why not tomorrow? :shrug: Of course, I will be delighted if he wins, but not too disappointed if he loses either, - partly because I admit I like Roger a lot, but also because David's biggest achievement is getting to this position in the first place in my opinion. Win or lose tomorrow, he has proved so much to so many, including possibly himself :) He should be very proud of himself and just go out and enjoy the moment and the experience tomorrow, and then have a wonderful holiday season, and come back and have another great year in 2008 :) Whatever happens tomorrow, he has nothing to be ashamed of.

alisia
11-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Ferrer flattens Roddick to reach Masters Cup final

Spain's David Ferrer swept past a struggling Andy Roddick 6-1 6-3 to reach the final of the season-ending Tennis Masters Cup on Saturday.

Ferrer will face either Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal in Sunday's final of the showcase eight-man event in Shanghai. The world's top two were playing in Saturday's later semi-final.

Ferrer has been a revelation in his first Masters Cup appearance, sweeping to a 3-0 round-robin record to finish top of the Gold Group.

Cheered on by a raucous section of trumpet-blowing fans draped in Spanish flags, he was already leading 3-1 when Roddick appeared to jar his back stretching for a high volley.

The American, not helped by such a quick turnaround following his 6-4 6-2 thrashing by Federer the previous evening, called for the trainer at the change of ends.

A rubdown made no difference, however, as Ferrer quickly closed out the first set in just 28 minutes and he continued to pile on the agony for Roddick in the second.

Ferrer, the only man still unbeaten in Shanghai, was merciless, picking Roddick off from the baseline and making him chase drop shots, putting more strain on his back.

The Spaniard broke for 4-2 in the second with an incredible backhand pass that whistled past a dazed Roddick, who blew three break points in the next game in his final throw of the dice.

Ferrer squandered two match points -- the second a double-fault -- but sealed his place in the final when Roddick dumped a backhand in the net after just 72 minutes.

Eléa
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Hola :wavey:
I didn't have a real favourite to play against David tomorrow, i'm just too happy he's in the final!
I watched the match this morning and i found David so impressing! he played so well! i enjoyed so much his wonderful returns and his fighting spirit! I'm so proud of him :o
I wasn't very convinced by Federer's game so i sincerely think David has great chances against him tomorrow. I just hope he will believe in himself like i do ;)

alisia
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Hola :wavey:
I didn't have a real favourite to play against David tomorrow, i'm just too happy he's in the final!
I watched the match this morning and i found David so impressing! he played so well! i enjoyed so much his wonderful returns and his fighting spirit! I'm so proud of him :o
I wasn't very convinced by Federer's game so i sincerely think David has great chances against him tomorrow. I just hope he will believe in himself like i do ;)

:wavey: Elea

He did play well didn't he :worship: I just hope tomorrow he's not too nervous & just goes out there & enjoys himself :D

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

David!

He won I'm soooo happy. Who would have thought at the beginning of this season that it would end in a MC final? I sure as hell didn't. And I fully agree with Rosie, David has a good chance to win. Yes it will be difficult but right now he's the best player.:yeah:

Okay, here comes my confession, and I'm abit ashamed of it, specially since Ros referred to Ali and me as his most dedicated fans. I got back home from at 1 o'clock last night.:eek: And then put my alarm clock at 3. I got up, and I was hurting believe me, but I did get up. Only to fall asleep on the couch after maybe 2 games.:awww: Dik woke me up at 5.30 this morning when he got up to watch Rafa. I'm a horrible fan:hysteric:

But than again, I've just read he didn't write my name on the monitor, so I think we are even Sr. Ferrer.:(

*Ljubica*
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM

David!

He won I'm soooo happy. Who would have thought at the beginning of this season that it would end in a MC final? I sure as hell didn't. And I fully agree with Rosie, David has a good chance to win. Yes it will be difficult but right now he's the best player.:yeah:

Okay, here comes my confession, and I'm abit ashamed of it, specially since Ros referred to Ali and me as his most dedicated fans. I got back home from at 1 o'clock last night.:eek: And then put my alarm clock at 3. I got up, and I was hurting believe me, but I did get up. Only to fall asleep on the couch after maybe 2 games.:awww: Dik woke me up at 5.30 this morning when he got up to watch Rafa. I'm a horrible fan:hysteric:

But than again, I've just read he didn't write my name on the monitor, so I think we are even Sr. Ferrer.:(

Bad, BAD Linda :tape: You should be ashamed of yourself :lol: No - only joking - match started at 9.00am here so it was far more civilised for us here in Europe. Don't be hard on yourself :hug:

alisia
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM

David!

:speakles: I got up at 7.30 because I thought it started at 8 :eek: but no that's tomorrow :rolleyes: So do I take it you're happy I Sky+ it again :p Michael thinks I'm strange because I record all his matches but I've told him it's only for the sometimes unrealible one in Latin America :o

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Bad, BAD Linda :tape: You should be ashamed of yourself :lol: No - only joking - match started at 9.00am here so it was far more civilised for us here in Europe. Don't be hard on yourself :hug:

:awww: thanks:sad:

:speakles: I got up at 7.30 because I thought it started at 8 :eek: but no that's tomorrow :rolleyes: So do I take it you're happy I Sky+ it again :p Michael thinks I'm strange because I record all his matches but I've told him it's only for the sometimes unrealible one in Latin America :o

Hold on, it starts earlier tonight?:eek:

Thank you:worship: from the sometimes unreliable one in Latin America.:awww:

*Ljubica*
11-17-2007, 03:12 PM
:awww: thanks:sad:

One hour earlier :) I'm actually going out tonight, but I'll make sure I'm not late home!!

alisia
11-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Afraid so :o Should I record it just in case :p I've done all his other matches for you so I might as well do the final as well + there is something extra for you ;)

Am I sad in really liking this photo :aplot:

alisia
11-17-2007, 03:44 PM
David talking English :hearts:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/TournamentInterview/0,,11444~1169979,00.html

Same interview in Spanish :inlove:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/TournamentInterview/0,,11444~1169979,00.html

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
One hour earlier :) I'm actually going out tonight, but I'll make sure I'm not late home!!

One hour earlier.:eek: Well at least I'll be able to get some sleep after the match then.

Afraid so :o Should I record it just in case :p I've done all his other matches for you so I might as well do the final as well + there is something extra for you ;)

Am I sad in really liking this photo :aplot:

Maybe it would be best if you record it too, please, Mighty Ali from the Nottingham woods.:worship:

Something extra?:bounce:

No, not sad. That's a very funny, cute picture. Damn that watermark though.:mad:

alisia
11-17-2007, 03:56 PM
One hour earlier.:eek: Well at least I'll be able to get some sleep after the match then.

Maybe it would be best if you record it too, please, Mighty Ali from the Nottingham woods.:worship:

Something extra?:bounce:

No, not sad. That's a very funny, cute picture. Damn that watermark though.:mad:

Consider it done :D

Well lets put it this way it involves David & something blue & tight ;)

Sue
11-17-2007, 05:27 PM
And a plea from a David fan of old ( that would be me!).....could anyone record the final for me....I have no coverage of the TMC and would love to see David play in his first(of many) MC finals.
xx

alisia
11-17-2007, 05:38 PM
And a plea from a David fan of old ( that would be me!).....could anyone record the final for me....I have no coverage of the TMC and would love to see David play in his first(of many) MC finals.
xx

Sue would you like all his matches from the Masters Cup because I'm copying them for Linda :D

pm your address

Eléa
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
You're very nice Alisia ;) My stupid new reccorder doesn't want to reccord the satellite channels :mad: (or maybe i didn't find how it works yet!lol )

My alarm clock is already ON, to be on time tomorrow for the final, waking up at 9am on sunday is not one of my habit i have to admit!
I hope the final will be good, and that David will be able to defend his chances.
I believe in him :yeah: Vamooos!!! :hug:

alisia
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
You're very nice Alisia ;) My stupid new reccorder doesn't want to reccord the satellite channels :mad: (or maybe i didn't find how it works yet!lol )

My alarm clock is already ON, to be on time tomorrow for the final, waking up at 9am on sunday is not one of my habit i have to admit!
I hope the final will be good, and that David will be able to defend his chances.

I know what you mean we found the channel to record the satalite channels on completely by accident :o

martine2
11-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Good luck to David tomorrow!! :yeah:

thiaela
11-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Congrats David for the final ...

Good luck today

Sue
11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Ali- you're a sweetheart! Mucas gracias! I'll pm you my addy.
Eléa, its so lovely to have you posting here again, I've been very bad at keeping in touch with my tennis friends lately, but I think of you often and hope you are happy and well, amiga!
xx

alisia
11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Ali- you're a sweetheart! Mucas gracias! I'll pm you my addy.
Eléa, its so lovely to have you posting here again, I've been very bad at keeping in touch with my tennis friends lately, but I think of you often and hope you are happy and well, amiga!
xx

No problem consider it done :D

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Well lets put it this way it involves David & something blue & tight ;):woohoo:

Hi Elea, so good to see you posting here again. It's great that Davids success is bringing everybody back.:D

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Seems that our Javi is creating some interest on GM Linda!
xx

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Haven't seen it yet Sue, I've been having some trouble with MTF again. It's super slow. But I'm on my way there now:bolt:

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Booo to super slow MTF...but don't worry about the Javi thing...I told them there's a queue!
xx

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Booo to super slow MTF...but don't worry about the Javi thing...I told them there's a queue!
xx

I can't find it Sue.:sad:

Thanks for telling them we discovered him first.:devil: :worship:

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:29 PM
It was just a comment on errrm, I think the Fed v Ferrer final thread...and someone said something along the lines of * great tennis and TV close-ups of Javier Piles, whats not to like!* But yes, don't worry honey, our positions are not in jeopardy!

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Back off there newbies to the world of Ferrer!:( No touching of the coach until at least all of us have had the pleasure.:devil:

Nathaliia
11-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Ferru was my type for the final since the beginning (well, ppl who read my thread can confirm it :p).

He rocks so much :banana:

Though against Fed, gonna be tough, Fed looks like a wounded lion :o

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Back off there newbies to the world of Ferrer!:( No touching of the coach until at least all of us have had the pleasure.:devil:

Well said that woman!

xx

Sommarsverige
11-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Vamos David in the final from both Sjoukje and Birte :bounce: :bounce:

We will get up at latest 10 to see some of the match :) Would be so great to see David lifting the trophy tomorrow :worship:

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:45 PM

I know you've been saying he was gonna get to the final from the beginning. And yeah, it will be a though match against Rog but I feel he has a good chance. Only hope he won't get to nervous.

FerrersLinda
11-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks Sjoukje and Birte:)

Are you girls having fun? Shouldn't the two of you be out in a bar scaring Hamburg-ian boys?:p

I'll be getting up at 2:awww:

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:48 PM

Are you girls having fun? Shouldn't the two of you be out in a bar scaring Hamburg-ian boys?:p

I'll be getting up at 2:awww:

Yep, thanks girls for all your good wishes for David..and am sure you'll be sending him lots of +++++++++++++++ vibes tomorrow.

xx

Nathaliia
11-17-2007, 10:49 PM

I know you've been saying he was gonna get to the final from the beginning. And yeah, it will be a though match against Rog but I feel he has a good chance. Only hope he won't get to nervous.
He surely has a good chance, but Fed losing a match is a like a Brazil volleyball team losing a match. Happened once at the event and won't repeat.

But David is having his 10 minutes, so I'm keepin all me fingers crossed for him

Carlita
11-17-2007, 10:50 PM

I'll be getting up at 2:awww:de nando ;)

of course we're having fun:D What do you mean: scaring?! :p

awww poor Lin!!! But you know WHY you get up at 2 :p

Sue
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
de nando ;)

of course we're having fun:D What do you mean: scaring?! :p

awww poor Lin!!! But you know WHY you get up at 2 :p

...think she meant to say *scoring* !!

xx

Carlita
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
...think she meant to say *scoring* !!

xx:armed: she better!!! :lol:

btw, hi Sue, long time no speak!

Sue
11-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi honey...hope you are well, I've not been able to post much lately....too much work and not enough time!! Nice avvy by the way!
xx

Carlita
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
muchas gracias :D

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/98758.gifhttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/98758.gifhttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/98758.gif

Carlita
11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/dancing_giraffees.gifvamos Davidhttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/dancing_giraffees.gif

Sue
11-17-2007, 11:05 PM
de nando ;)

Sue
11-17-2007, 11:05 PM
love the giraffes amiga!

Carlita
11-17-2007, 11:07 PM
me go sleep http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/th2.gif buenas noches!! :wavey::hug:

Sue
11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
me too, sweet Nando-dreams!
xx

Sommarsverige
11-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Me too going to bed :zzz:

See you tomorrow for David´s match :) :wavey:

nayeli0016
11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Gosh I'm so happy for Ferrer, thank God he made it to the finals and did an absolutely great job by defeating Roddick in straight sets. He continues to have such splendid, jaw-dropping performances, I love it!

RogiFan88
11-18-2007, 04:07 AM
What an amazing week for Ferru -- so happy he was the only player to win all his RR matches and now he's in the FINAL in his first TMC! WOW! Those Valencianos sure know how to play on the hc, don't they? ;)

By the time I wake up, the outcome will be known... will be a tough one; I just want a good final, no matter the outcome; I was hoping for a Federer/Ferrer Final.

I know I won't b able to sleep tonight.

btw, loved the beatdown Ferru gave Pandy today... priceless!

FerrersLinda
11-18-2007, 07:26 AM

I'm up, can I just say I'm not looking forward to the AO.:p

He looks nervous:awww: VAMOS DAVID!!!

Sue
11-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Got to rush off to work, but just wanted to pop in and wish David all the luck he needs today!
VAMOS CHICO!!!!

FerrersLinda
11-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Poor chico, it's not going well.:awww:

Looks like I might be getting some more sleep. Good try though.:)

FerrersLinda
11-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Great run, shame he couldn't do more against Roger, but there is a reason Fed is the best. Great tournament for David. I'm a proud fan. Not to mention he made me laugh during the awards ceremony.:)

Off to bed I go:wavey:

FedFan_2007
11-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Go Pics in 2008! I know he can get to #3, maybe even challenge Rafa for #2.

alisia
11-18-2007, 09:30 AM

I'm up, can I just say I'm not looking forward to the AO.:p

He looks nervous:awww: VAMOS DAVID!!!

Neither am I :help:

Great run, shame he couldn't do more against Roger, but there is a reason Fed is the best. Great tournament for David. I'm a proud fan. Not to mention he made me laugh during the awards ceremony.:)

Off to bed I go:wavey:

:worship: For managing to stay awake :p

He looked so nervous to begin with :awww: And yes his little speach at the end was quite funny :hearts: I'm soooo proud of him :worship: only wish I'd put some money on him getting to the final because I'd be rich now :o

Off to take the dog a walk in the :rain: because we've got a rerun of Dima playing in the Davis Cup semi from last year of :eek:

Later :wavey:

enqvistfan
11-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Sad for David but he played a great tournament this week, so congrats :yeah:

Hope he'll play like that next year :)

I uploaded the trophee ceremony in the video section for the ones who are interested :)

*Ljubica*
11-18-2007, 10:23 AM
I laughed at the Presentation ceremony too :D And big congrats to David for such a wonderful run to the Finals. He made us all really proud of him.

FedFan2007 - thanks for your nice words. Roger was just too good for David today - congrats to him :worship:

And Ali - hope you enjoyed your walk with the dog ;) Guess you can imagine how excited I was to get an unexpected glimpse of my beloved over my tea and toast this morning :hearts: It has been the best part of my day so far.

Eléa
11-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Hola chicas :wavey:

I agree with what you already said, i'm very proud of David, he had an amazing week and now he's n°5 in the world!
Too bad he was nervous but of course we can understand that.
The ceremony was funny yes :lol: I didn't find him sad, he might be disappointed of course but i'm sure he will only keep in mind all the great things he achieved this week.
Congrats chico :worship:

Sommarsverige
11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I am also a bit sad David lost, but he should only be happy and satisfied, because this was such a great week for him :hug: :yeah:

I hope he will take this confidence to the next year and have a great year 2008 as well :yeah:

If someone could put Davids speech on youtube, this would be very much appreciated :hug:

Sunset of Age
11-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi people! :wavey:

Though David lost today (:hug:), I'd like to congratulate him and his fans with his truly FANTASTIC tournament. Roger was the better player, but David sure showed his guts by trying to play aggressive at times. Too bad it didn't bring him the desired result, but I still believe he can be very proud of what he achieved here! :worship:

I have to say, he comes across as a very nice guy. The ceremony, seeing him and Roger laughing together was lovely to see.

Hope he'll keep up his form and come back very strong at the AO.

Yeah - I think I'm becoming a closet fan... :lol:

Carlita
11-18-2007, 11:30 AM
great week for David, somehow I expected this win for Roger. Would have been something if David had won this!! Next time :devil:

cobalt60
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
:hatoff: to both players. Seems that Federer was too good this day. But here's to a great week by David!!

FerrersLinda
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks everybody for the nice words about my boyfriend;)

sonia
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm a bit sad for David too! :( But he has done a great season!! and as you have said he was laughing in the ceremony :yeah: I wish him very good luck for the next year!! :bigclap: Congrats David! :hug:

Thanks everybody for the nice words about my boyfriend;)

:lol: ;)

Eden
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
If someone could put Davids speech on youtube, this would be very much appreciated :hug:

Birte, here is the trophy ceremony:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8YQHF1opK6E (Part 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4IzrKtbQkl8 (Part 2)

Just wanted to drop a few lines to all you David fans in here:

Congratulations to him for a great run in the tournament and his results this season :yeah: You can be really proud on him :)

*Ljubica*
11-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Congratulations to him for a great run in the tournament and his results this season :yeah: You can be really proud on him :)

Thanks for your nice words Eden :hug:

knight_ley
11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Great year from David! Let's hope he keeps all this up next season! :yeah: :hug:

yolis
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
David had great week, great whole end of the season...
She had chance to beat Federer, bur Roger is not number one for nothing....but I am very satisfied, first Masters Cup for David and straight the final...

nayeli0016
11-18-2007, 10:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to FEDERER. He's such an awesome NUMBER 1 player, no question about that. However, CUDOS as well to Ferrer who had an amazing run in this year's MC. Whoever commented about Ferrer possibly becoming the next number three or challenging Nadal's spot is in my opinion, right. I really hope Ferrer's great game won't be another transient spark that is seen in several tennis players in the past. I hope he'd be that CHALLENGER for all other players. :-D

Sommarsverige
11-19-2007, 10:28 AM

Thank you so much, Doris :hug:

Already looking forward to watch it when I get home :)

FerrersLinda
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Nice to get a few more visitors in Ferrer world since he's been starting to get noticed. Thanks:)