Fill-in-the-draw 2008 - New season, some changes, new managers wanted! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fill-in-the-draw 2008 - New season, some changes, new managers wanted!

Caio_Brasil
11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
With only the Masters Cup missing, the FITD 2007 season is coming to an end. As for the first season, it was a great one. But for 2008, i will propose some changes, and will ask for some help also :)

-New managers would be much aprreciated. It's quite an easy job running FITD events, you just have to count how much winners each player had in each round and calculate the scores. The only requirement is the manager being able to update the standigs after the end of each round. It takes around 10-15 minutes for 32-draw tournaments. If you are interested on helping, contact me :wavey:

-The ranking won't be the sum of the points of all tournaments anymore. Each position for each type of tournament (GS, MS, IS etc.) will have a fixed scoring. Players will be able to play all tournaments in the week, and just the best result will be counted on the ranking. Also, FITD won't have that 18-tournaments thing: all weeks will give you points.

-Together with the ATP Tour tournaments, each week will provide ONE challenger tournament. All players can play it. Of course, the ranking points will be less than ATP ones, but if your challenger scoring is higher than the ATP ones, this will go your ranking! Grand-slam weeks won't have challengers!

-A new rule for withdrawals will be implemented. You will not be able to change your predicitions. Anyway, the player that replaces the one who withdrew (lucky loser) will be counted as a winner if he wins. For example:

You predicted in 1st round:
Nalbandian d. Nadal

2nd round:
Nalbandian d. Stepanek

and so on...

Nalbandian withdraws and Gulbis is the lucky loser. If Gulbis wins first round, you WILL receive that win points, the same on second round and so on.

-Top 16 of ranking will qualify to the Masters Cup. If one of the Grand Slam winners is out the top 16 but into the top 30, he/she will qualify.

Hopefully the game will keep growing up. If you are interested on helping with this, please PM!

Enjoy Fill-in-the-Draw!

Tytta!.
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I can help whien I'm not busy with uni :smooch:

Caio_Brasil
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks Rê!!

StatBoy3
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I will definitely try to manage more tournaments next season, at least from the beginning til the end of the summer.

Caio_Brasil
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM
thanks a lot!

AceMaker
11-08-2007, 02:16 PM
:wavey:

if you want, i can run a tourney every week

:yeah:

Caio_Brasil
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM

if you want, i can run a tourney every week

:yeah:

that would be awesome :worship:

scarface
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
You can count on me for what you need.

Caio_Brasil
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
You can count on me for what you need.

:hug: :yeah:

lucho_coria
12-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Very Good Game , Vaia Brasil one question : if i have not ranking i have play a challenger , not??

Peta Pan
12-15-2007, 06:31 AM
The ranking won't be the sum of the points of all tournaments anymore. Each position for each type of tournament (GS, MS, IS etc.) will have a fixed scoring. Players will be able to play all tournaments in the week, and just the best result will be counted on the ranking. Also, FITD won't have that 18-tournaments thing: all weeks will give you points.

Some great rule changes for the new season :yeah: Especially the above one :D

I believe that was a huge blight on the game last season as filling out a FITD entry can be rather time consuming and most of the time I just didn't have time to fill in one for all tournaments when I got home from work before play had started which meant I would miss out on points that other people were getting.

Caio_Brasil
12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Very Good Game , Vaia Brasil one question : if i have not ranking i have play a challenger , not??

No :)

All players can play all tournaments in the week, but just the best results counts in the ranking :wavey:

Also, i decided that weeks with 3 or 4 ATP tournaments won't have challengers. Those with 1 or 2 ATP tournaments will have challengers :)

lucho_coria
12-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Thank you!!
I will play the game in 2008

Caio_Brasil
12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
:bounce: have fun and good luck!

lucho_coria
12-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Where you put the threads of challengers??

Caio_Brasil
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll put it in this FITD forum... i hope players remember of it :scared:

FilipeMB
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Vamos FITD! :D

MZverev-Fan
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114459

Nice new game!

TankingTheSet
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
:wavey: It seems FITD has stalled a bit, with no tournaments covered this week, and the Miami results still not updated, and no up-to-date rankings.

I think VaiBrasil hasn't had much time recently, so maybe someone else can step up to manage Monte Carlo TMS next week? :wavey:

Ryan46
04-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Well I don't know about next week, but I'd be happy to do any after that. Maybe Rome or Hamburg, it depends, what's necessary to run an event? All I do is add up the points everyone gets? Do I have to knock off points from last year or..

TankingTheSet
04-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Running a tournament just involves adding up points for every round for every player, and creating a leaderboard.

There is a ranking posted in this part of the forum, which I guess could be updated too at some point (it's a race, no points drop off from last year), but there is currently a backlog of tournaments not included.

Boarder35m
04-17-2008, 03:53 AM
I´d also be interested in runnig a tournament. I could do that next week, although I might need some help opening the threat.:wavey:

amalyn
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I'd be willing to run some tournaments in the future, no problem.

I really like this game, I don't want it to die. ;)

amalyn
04-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Boarder, do you want to manage Monte Carlo next week or shall I do it? Either way is fine by me. :)

Boarder35m
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Boarder, do you want to manage Monte Carlo next week or shall I do it? Either way is fine by me. :)

I guess I´ll do one afterwards, I only played FITD once. So I better have a look how you run it :)

TankingTheSet
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM
amalyn, I assume you know how to create a thread. If you want to change the first post or title Edit the first post and click "Advanced", you can then edit the title of the thread.

To get the standard text into the first post, you can use cut and paste ("Quote" the first post of an older FITD thread to be able to copy the text).

If you want I can open the thread for you.

Caio_Brasil
04-18-2008, 11:17 PM
:wavey: It seems FITD has stalled a bit, with no tournaments covered this week, and the Miami results still not updated, and no up-to-date rankings.

I think VaiBrasil hasn't had much time recently, so maybe someone else can step up to manage Monte Carlo TMS next week? :wavey:

That would be great :)

Running a tournament just involves adding up points for every round for every player, and creating a leaderboard.

There is a ranking posted in this part of the forum, which I guess could be updated too at some point (it's a race, no points drop off from last year), but there is currently a backlog of tournaments not included.

I'll get one day to update the rankings. Let's try to save FITD.

amalyn
04-19-2008, 12:07 AM
amalyn, I assume you know how to create a thread. If you want to change the first post or title Edit the first post and click "Advanced", you can then edit the title of the thread.

To get the standard text into the first post, you can use cut and paste ("Quote" the first post of an older FITD thread to be able to copy the text).

If you want I can open the thread for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll manage. ;) I guess I can always come here and ask for help if I run into any difficulties later on.

amalyn
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
So ... who's running Barcelona next week?

Boarder35m
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
If noone else is found, I will do it as I promised it before, but I´m allready running a PAW tournament. :)

amalyn
04-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I could do it, especially since I probably won't have any time at all in May to manage another FITD tournament.

Boarder35m
04-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I could do it, especially since I probably won't have any time at all in May to manage another FITD tournament.

That´s ok. If you manage this week I will do Rome next week, if that is ok with everyone :wavey:

amalyn
04-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Okay, I'll manage Barcelona. Now we just need someone to manage Munich - totally forgot that was taking place next week, too.

Boarder35m
04-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay, I'll manage Barcelona. Now we just need someone to manage Munich - totally forgot that was taking place next week, too.

I can do Munich. I´m running PAW Munich anyway

Drikke
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm free to manage something from the start of Roland Garros , so if you want that I run something, just let me know

Boarder35m
05-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I can´t manage Hamburg next week.

I hope someone else can do it, as I quite like this game (allthough I´m not good at it:haha::haha:)

d_s
05-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey I know there's no manager for Hamburg yet so I'm going to open up the Hamburg thread. I have absolutely no clue how to calculate points and stuff so if someone could let me know how they do it that would be great :)

Caio_Brasil
05-11-2008, 12:44 AM
thanks d_s

about the calculating points:

R64 win correctly picked - 35 points per player (byes shouldn't be counted)
R32 - 75 points per player
R16 - 125 points per player
QF - 225 points per player
SF - 350 points per player
Champion - 500 points

d_s
05-15-2008, 02:32 AM
I can run Casablanca next week but someone else will have to run Poertschach

Drikke
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I can run Casablanca next week but someone else will have to run Poertschach

I'll do that :wavey:

amalyn
05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Can anyone run FITD for RG? I wish I could, but my schedule is just crazy for next week, there's no way I could make any updates or anything. :( It's a Sunday start, so we should probably get started pretty soon, too ...

Drikke
05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
I'll run RG if it's fine for everyone. I'll start thread. If you want to run, just say it , than you can take over.

Drikke
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Who is going to run Queens/Halle/Warsaw ????

I can't run an event this week as I allready have to run DTT and PAW Queens.

d_s
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I'll run Queens and maybe one more if there's no one else

Boarder35m
06-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I'll run Queens and maybe one more if there's no one else

I could run Halle

Can you run Warsaw, too?

d_s
06-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Any managers for this week?
Still need one for Wimbledon too ;)

Boarder35m
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Any managers for this week?
Still need one for Wimbledon too ;)

I´m doing PAW 's Hertogenbosch, so I can do FITD there as well

d_s
06-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I´m doing PAW 's Hertogenbosch, so I can do FITD there as well

I guess I'll do Nottingham then. Anyone want to vollunteer for Wimbledon? :wavey:

amalyn
06-14-2008, 07:05 PM
If no one else can do it, I'll do Wimbledon. I just can't promise updates after each round.

d_s
07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey everybody :wavey:
We need managers for next week! I'll do Newport so that leaves Gastaad and Bastad for 2 more managers :)

Boarder35m
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey everybody :wavey:
We need managers for next week! I'll do Newport so that leaves Gastaad and Bastad for 2 more managers :)

What about Stuttgart? :wavey:

I could do it

d_s
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
What about Stuttgart? :wavey:

I could do it

Oops sorry :o
So now, 2 more managers are needed ;)

Thanks Boarder35m :)

eljab
07-06-2008, 04:22 PM
well, i can try Bastad if nobody else do it ?

Boarder35m
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
well, i can try Bastad if nobody else do it ?

That would be very nice :wavey:

eljab
07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
That would be very nice :wavey:

OK, let's go.

d_s
07-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks eljab :D
and thanks Boarder35m for running 2 tournaments :worship:

Drikke
07-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry but I was not able to run FITD this week as I'm on a holiday and I can not promise I will be on the computer every day.
Maybe I could do something next week ? Doesn't really matter which one

amalyn
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I can run a tournament next week again. If it's okay with everyone, I'll take Kitzbühel.

d_s
07-10-2008, 02:08 AM
I can run a tournament next week again. If it's okay with everyone, I'll take Kitzbühel.

Thanks amalyn :D

I'm sorry but I was not able to run FITD this week as I'm on a holiday and I can not promise I will be on the computer every day.
Maybe I could do something next week ? Doesn't really matter which one

I can do Indianapolis and amalyn's doing Kitzbühel, would you mind doing either Amersfoort or Umag? Thanks!

and we still need one more manager :)

Snoo Foo
07-10-2008, 03:24 AM
I can try it but I've never done it before... :unsure:

d_s
07-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I can try it but I've never done it before... :unsure:

Thanks a lot! :D
It's really quite easy doing the points, especially if you use Excel. If you're up for it, you can do either Amersfoort of Umag. Thanks! :D

Snoo Foo
07-12-2008, 01:48 AM
OK I will try Umag.... :shrug:

Drikke
07-12-2008, 10:48 PM

I can do Indianapolis and amalyn's doing Kitzbühel, would you mind doing either Amersfoort or Umag? Thanks!

and we still need one more manager :)

I'll do Amersfoort then ;)

amalyn
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Who's gonna manage Toronto? I won't have much time next week, so I'd appreciate it if someone else could do it.

Snoo Foo
07-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I can do it! It's in my time zone plus I'm having so much fun doing Umag.

amalyn
07-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks, Snoo Foo! :yeah: And it's great to hear you're having fun with it, too! :D

d_s
07-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Thanks Snoo Foo! :D

Snoo Foo
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
-A new rule for withdrawals will be implemented. You will not be able to change your predicitions. Anyway, the player that replaces the one who withdrew (lucky loser) will be counted as a winner if he wins. For example:

You predicted in 1st round:
Nalbandian d. Nadal

2nd round:
Nalbandian d. Stepanek

and so on...

Nalbandian withdraws and Gulbis is the lucky loser. If Gulbis wins first round, you WILL receive that win points, the same on second round and so on.

Can someone please confirm for me, if Baghdatis withdraws and is replaced by LL, then anyone who picked Baghdatis over Polansky still gets points if the LL beats Polansky?

d_s
07-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Can someone please confirm for me, if Baghdatis withdraws and is replaced by LL, then anyone who picked Baghdatis over Polansky still gets points if the LL beats Polansky?

I guess that's right then. I never knew VaiBrasil added that as a rule :o On the women's forum they don't have this so I got a bit confused

Boarder35m
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I guess that's right then. I never knew VaiBrasil added that as a rule :o On the women's forum they don't have this so I got a bit confused

Oh dear I never knew about this rule, I only knew that if a seeded player withdraws he can be replaced.

I guess some of the standings from tornaments managed by me are wrong if this rule exists. :p

amalyn
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I never knew this rule existed either. How long has it been there?

Snoo Foo
07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
...then in accordance with the rule, unless somebody tells me otherwise I'm gonna treat all the Baghdatis pickers as if they picked the TBA quallee/LL. :shrug:

NyGeL
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
that's right.

I think it's the best

amalyn
07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes, it seems that's the way to do it. And I like this rule, I always wished we had it. :lol:

Snoo Foo
07-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey can I do Cincinnati? If you let me I promise I will back off and let somebody else have a turn. It is my natal land, the city where I first learned to play tennis, where I saw my first pro tennis match, where there is a parks department tournament named in memory of my father, and I can't even play TT there cuz my ranking is so bad. :bigcry:

Drikke
07-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey can I do Cincinnati? If you let me I promise I will back off and let somebody else have a turn. It is my natal land, the city where I first learned to play tennis, where I saw my first pro tennis match, where there is a parks department tournament named in memory of my father, and I can't even play TT there cuz my ranking is so bad. :bigcry:

:hug: you could still play dtt an fmta in cincinnati :p

You're a great manager :worship: hope you get cincy

Snoo Foo
07-26-2008, 02:32 AM
:hug: you could still play dtt an fmta in cincinnati :p

You're a great manager :worship: hope you get cincy

The truth is I am too stupid to understand FMTA. :haha:

d_s
07-26-2008, 06:34 AM

If you want to run Cincy, go ahead. I don't think anyone else is as eager as you ;)
You do a great job running the tournaments. Thanks for all your help! :D

d_s
07-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Before I update the rankings this week, I wanted to ask you all something. I was thinking, to make the rankings more fair, we should do what the ATP/PAW do with their rankings and count a certain number of tournaments (like say 18) and have mandatory ones (Masters Series and Grand Slams). I don't know if this will alter the current rankings a lot, but it will probably make them more fair in the long run. Let me know what you guys think!

Snoo Foo
07-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Sounds good to me! ...but honestly I don't really understand these things well enough to identify the advantages/disadvantages. :shrug:

nkp2
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
I think it's a great idea. You ALWAYS get more people playing the mandatories and GS's anyway, so why not? :)

eljab
07-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I think it will change the ranking a lot.
You have 9 MS and 4 GS so only 5 other tournaments...
Think it's look good - same rule than in other ranking.
But will players play the "small" tournaments ?

And also, will we always can play in each tournament, each week ?

d_s
07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Well the number of tournaments doesn't have to be 18. We could make that number bigger

nkp2
07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Maybe just your best 18 for the year? So as people don't miss out by being on holiday for the mandatories etc?

I tend to enter 2 or 3 small tournaments per week if they are on and as per the rules the best one counts, so I don't see why that would stop me from entering any other small tournaments to try and improve my 5...... But then, I am but one man.

amalyn
07-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I have no idea if the rankings would really be fairer if they counted only 18 tournaments. I have to admit I don't really care either way, as long as there is incentive enough to keep playing the smaller tournaments. The only time we use our rankings as acutal entry rankings anyway is the Masters Cup, so I'm not sure if it really matters.

d_s
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I just think that for new players, the ranking gap between them and the top players is so big. And unless you haven't been playing almost every single week, there's no way you can get to be ranked so high. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but you can notice that every single week, it's basically the same players playing and those are the players that are ranked higher. For new players who are just starting out, I've noticed they would play maybe one or 2 weeks and then they wouldn't play anymore.

nkp2
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
See how some players have like 20 TC does that mean 20 tournaments this year? I mean, I have only 5 TC so how at the end of the year can I possibly hope to compete in the top 16 Masters Cup draw if other players above me have 15 more counting tournaments......

amalyn
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I really have no good arguments for keeping the rankings the way they are, except maybe the new rankings would reduce the incentive to play small events. But I'm not even sure about that. I mean, I'll play them anyway because I like to play, for me the rankings aren't all that important (since they're not used as entry rankings). So if you think having those new rankings would make FITD more appealing to new players, I won't object. I'm just not sure it'll actually help.

d_s
07-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Well it doesn't really matter to me what we do with the rankings. I don't even know if it will help the game or not. I'm just trying to figure out a way to draw in new players that will keep playing week after week. Right now on average, Grand Slams and Masters Series tournaments get about 30 players, and the regular weekly tournaments get around 20 players. These numbers are pretty low.

amalyn
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Rankings discussions aside, I don't think anyone will mind if I run FITD LA, right?

d_s
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Rankings discussions aside, I don't think anyone will mind if I run FITD LA, right?

Drikke
08-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Okay , I want to give my opinion for the rankings. I think 28 tournament should count. 9TMC , 4 GS and 15 others. 18 is not much as we can play every week more tournaments. I think we should reduce the number off events which count for the rankings, but 18 is not enough in my opinion (even if you make it best 18). We could also make it best 23 or something (no matter it are GS, TMS or norma events)

d_s
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
That's a good idea Drikke. The total weeks of tournaments excluding GS, MS and YEC is 23 so 15 other tournaments is a pretty reasonable number (but it doesn't have to be the final number yet!)
This week I'll do the usual rankings update in the rankings thread but I'll also work on the new rankings which I'll post in this thread so you all can see what they would look like with the 28 counted tournaments

*EDIT*
As I was updating the new rankings, it seems that we haven't even reached "15" other tournaments yet (so far we've had 13 weeks of other tournaments to count). So, if we were to change the rankings for best 15, the current rankings would not change at all. Or, if that number is cut down to best 12 tournaments, there might be a minor change to the rankings (the players who have played every single week would have one of their points cut). What does everyone think??

Another thing:
For best 15 tournaments, that would mean players would have 8 other weeks to try and improve their best 15, but, we missed one week of tournaments back in April, so it would be 7 other weeks to improve the best 15. Now that I think about it, with 7 other weeks to improve the best 15, that's not that much (considering people might be busy and have to skip a couple weeks here and there). Maybe it'd be best if we have a lower number. Just a thought!

amalyn
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I think 15 "other" tournaments is quite a lot. If you think 5 is too low a number, wouldn't 10 be a good compromise?

nkp2
08-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Agree with amalyn.

BTW d_s, I know you said that it would not affect the rankings until like now for "x" best tournaments, but are we not considering rolling the rankings over 12 months as well? Or just for one season. If it's just starting at 0 every year, then it would be better with 10-15 tournaments I feel, but if it becomes a rolling ranking 10 is probably as high as I would go for extra's outwith the MS and GS. :)

d_s
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm pretty sure we'd be rolling the rankings over for next season. I don't really like the idea of starting at 0 points at the start of every single season.

I'll start doing the rankings now counting 23 tournaments (4GS+13MS+10others) and I'll post it in here so we can all see what it'll look like. If we do switch to this rankings system, I guess we could keep the old one and use it as the race.

Drikke
08-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Okay, 10 is very good. But with this I've got another point:

I think it's absurd to count only 1 tournament a week. I we use only 10 tournaments, I want that this tournaments are my best. If I win 4 events in 1 week, and in the next 10 weeks I don't win a points, why shouldn't these 4 wins count ?

How many tournaments do we have if we would consider that every event counts ?

Maybe we should count all tournaments, not only best rom every week , and make it 15 best others. (Just giving some possibilities)

d_s
08-05-2008, 08:02 AM
The only problem with counting all the tournaments every week is that I'm definitely too lazy to go back and recalculate all the points from all the tournaments :o But, if people like this idea... (and someone is willing to go through all the tournaments and recalculate all the points!)
In my opinion though, it's probably the best way to go with just counting the "best 10 weeks". It really is up to the player whether or not they want to play more than one event during a week, if they win all of them, then tough luck.

I'll probably finish doing the "best 10" rankings tomorrow, but from what I've done so far, it doesn't seem like there's any big changes which is good.

amalyn
08-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I think we should stick with only counting the best tournament of a week. It's already a very "nice" rule that we can play as many tournaments as we want in a week and not have the ones where we do worst count. If you're that good that you win 3 or 4 tournaments in one week, odds are you're going to do well in other weeks, too.

d_s
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
RANKINGS AFTER CINCINNATI

Old System

Rank P.Rank PLAYER_________________ PTS TIT TC
001 (001) Ria____________________ 3407 5 19
002 (002) AgentZero______________ 3085 1 22
003 (005) Björki_________________ 2760 16
004 (004) John John______________ 2742 1 22
005 (003) amalyn_________________ 2738 22
006 (006) Peta Pan_______________ 2439 2 20
007 (007) diego36arg_____________ 2209 2 19
008 (014) timoe__________________ 2197 1 16
009 (008) Allez-Alejo____________ 2185 1 22
010 (009) Snoo Foo_______________ 2038 22
011 (010) vamos israel___________ 2008 2 21
012 (011) Dupuis2006_____________ 2000 1 13
013 (012) d_s____________________ 1896 23
014 (013) Chris 84_______________ 1829 21
015 (015) NyGeL__________________ 1728 2 17
016 (019) buddyholly_____________ 1639 3 15
017 (020) Drikke_________________ 1531 20
018 (016) zxcv___________________ 1518 1 6
019 (017) Mr Brightside__________ 1497 19
020 (018) StatBoy3_______________ 1495 2 15
021 (021) canas__________________ 1443 1 15
022 (022) eljab__________________ 1370 3 18
023 (023) FenaFan________________ 1247 2 15
024 (024) Boarder35m_____________ 1227 3 14
025 (025) natashha_______________ 1155 12
026 (026) ycpg___________________ 1078 14
027 (027) Luso___________________ 1075 1 2
028 (030) lleytonlegend__________ 1039 12
029 (029) nkp2___________________ 1031 1 7
030 (028) trucul_________________ 1012 1 11
031 (031) Frank Winkler__________ 982 1 13
032 (040) lucky-go-happy_________ 977 8
033 (033) jonny84________________ 907 17
034 (034) VaiBrasil______________ 898 20
035 (037) RezNik_________________ 872 9
036 (032) Ryan46_________________ 860 7
037 (035) W!MBLEDON______________ 799 9
038 (036) digor__________________ 792 1 8
039 (038) TankingTheSet__________ 691 2 7
040 (039) Nadie__________________ 682 1 7
041 (041) ATH04__________________ 574 1 7
042 (042) AceMaker_______________ 565 10
043 (043) Alonsofz_______________ 546 8
044 (044) kenny_os_______________ 534 6
045 (054) saur0n_________________ 527 3
046 (047) Forever-Delayed________ 515 1 6
047 (045) hahaha7________________ 495 8
048 (046) Deathless Mortal_______ 486 8
049 (048) Yves.__________________ 448 3
050 (049) Mara_M_________________ 400 1
051 (050) jazar__________________ 370 2
052 (051) MoiNonPlus_____________ 368 1 5
053 (052) JeffCandoi_____________ 339 1 5
054 (053) libre83________________ 332 1 3
055 (055) Tepasaf________________ 325 5
056 (056) FilipeMB_______________ 262 5
057 (057) jmf0704________________ 256 2
058 (058) tennisbuddy12__________ 246 3
059 (059) raph72_________________ 246 7
060 (060) zveen__________________ 243 3
061 (061) andyuk_________________ 237 1
062 (062) Sgrii__________________ 232 5
063 (063) tiptopdaisy____________ 225 1
064 (068) propaganda_____________ 225 2
065 (064) Jeronimo_______________ 200 2
066 (065) anutam_________________ 191 4
067 (066) rvugt__________________ 190 5
068 (067) ZackBusner_____________ 182 2
069 (073) Smidster_______________ 169 3
070 (069) Chiseller______________ 155 2
071 (070) lucho_coria____________ 155 5
072 (071) kiwi10is_______________ 154 2
073 (072) krystlel_______________ 148 6
074 (074) ciprianned_____________ 130 2
075 (075) johnnyCanuck___________ 129 2
076 (076) Hantu__________________ 126 1
077 (077) nemanjam_______________ 121 1
078 (078) antofalia______________ 108 3
079 (079) ltaravilse_____________ 107 3
080 (080) albop__________________ 107 4
081 (088) tennizen_______________ 104 2
082 (081) adingh_________________ 81 1
083 (082) virex__________________ 79 1
084 (UNR) delpiero7______________ 72 1
085 (083) griever________________ 70 1
086 (084) GiulioAxe______________ 68 1
087 (085) Riihilahti_____________ 67 1
088 (086) zen girl_______________ 63 1
089 (087) tennis2006_____________ 60 1
089 (089) lucian_iasi____________ 55 1
091 (UNR) jcreback_______________ 52 1
092 (089) FiBeR__________________ 38 1
093 (091) Zewsas_________________ 30 1
094 (092) Jozie__________________ 27 1
094 (092) meninosantos___________ 27 1
095 (094) JM-Del-Potro___________ 21 1
097 (095) Jelena_78______________ 18 1
098 (095) ImmzB__________________ 10 1
099 (097) coria_fan______________ 9 1
100 (098) ExcaliburII____________ 8 1
100 (098) watchdogfish___________ 8 1
102 (100) sabrina468_____________ 7 1
103 (101) i_like_tennis__________ 5 1
104 (102) Black Raven____________ 4 1
105 (103) Salum__________________ 3 1
106 (104) Roobs321_______________ 1 1

Best 10 System

Rank P.Rank PLAYER_________________ PTS TIT TRN
001 (001) Ria____________________ 3404 5 19
002 (002) AgentZero______________ 3028 1 22
003 (005) Björki_________________ 2760 16
004 (004) John John______________ 2700 1 22
005 (003) amalyn_________________ 2695 22
006 (006) Peta Pan_______________ 2426 2 20
007 (014) timoe__________________ 2197 1 16
008 (008) Allez-Alejo____________ 2164 1 22
009 (007) diego36arg_____________ 2108 2 19
010 (011) Dupuis2006_____________ 2000 1 13
011 (009) Snoo Foo_______________ 1998 22
012 (010) vamos israel___________ 1990 2 21
013 (012) d_s____________________ 1817 23
014 (013) Chris 84_______________ 1776 21
015 (015) NyGeL__________________ 1728 2 17
016 (019) buddyholly_____________ 1639 3 15
017 (020) Drikke_________________ 1519 20
018 (016) zxcv___________________ 1518 1 6
019 (018) StatBoy3_______________ 1495 2 15
020 (017) Mr Brightside__________ 1463 19
021 (021) canas__________________ 1443 1 15
022 (022) eljab__________________ 1351 3 18
023 (023) FenaFan________________ 1247 2 15
024 (024) Boarder35m_____________ 1227 3 14
025 (025) natashha_______________ 1155 12
026 (026) ycpg___________________ 1078 14
027 (027) Luso___________________ 1075 1 2
028 (030) lleytonlegend__________ 1039 12
029 (029) nkp2___________________ 1031 1 7
030 (028) trucul_________________ 1012 1 11
031 (031) Frank Winkler__________ 982 1 13
032 (040) lucky-go-happy_________ 977 8
033 (033) jonny84________________ 901 17
034 (034) VaiBrasil______________ 894 20
035 (037) RezNik_________________ 872 9
036 (032) Ryan46_________________ 860 7
037 (035) W!MBLEDON______________ 799 9
038 (036) digor__________________ 792 1 8
039 (038) TankingTheSet__________ 691 2 7
040 (039) Nadie__________________ 682 1 7
041 (041) ATH04__________________ 574 1 7
042 (042) AceMaker_______________ 565 10
043 (043) Alonsofz_______________ 546 8
044 (044) kenny_os_______________ 534 6
045 (054) saur0n_________________ 527 3
046 (047) Forever-Delayed________ 515 1 6
047 (045) hahaha7________________ 495 8
048 (046) Deathless Mortal_______ 486 8
049 (048) Yves.__________________ 448 3
050 (049) Mara_M_________________ 400 1
051 (050) jazar__________________ 370 2
052 (051) MoiNonPlus_____________ 368 1 5
053 (052) JeffCandoi_____________ 339 1 5
054 (053) libre83________________ 332 1 3
055 (055) Tepasaf________________ 325 5
056 (056) FilipeMB_______________ 262 5
057 (057) jmf0704________________ 256 2
058 (058) tennisbuddy12__________ 246 3
059 (059) raph72_________________ 246 7
060 (060) zveen__________________ 243 3
061 (061) andyuk_________________ 237 1
062 (062) Sgrii__________________ 232 5
063 (063) tiptopdaisy____________ 225 1
064 (068) propaganda_____________ 225 2
065 (064) Jeronimo_______________ 200 2
066 (065) anutam_________________ 191 4
067 (066) rvugt__________________ 190 5
068 (067) ZackBusner_____________ 182 2
069 (073) Smidster_______________ 169 3
070 (069) Chiseller______________ 155 2
071 (070) lucho_coria____________ 155 5
072 (071) kiwi10is_______________ 154 2
073 (072) krystlel_______________ 148 6
074 (074) ciprianned_____________ 130 2
075 (075) johnnyCanuck___________ 129 2
076 (076) Hantu__________________ 126 1
077 (077) nemanjam_______________ 121 1
078 (078) antofalia______________ 108 3
079 (079) ltaravilse_____________ 107 3
080 (080) albop__________________ 107 4
081 (088) tennizen_______________ 104 2
082 (081) adingh_________________ 81 1
083 (082) virex__________________ 79 1
084 (UNR) delpiero7______________ 72 1
085 (083) griever________________ 70 1
086 (084) GiulioAxe______________ 68 1
087 (085) Riihilahti_____________ 67 1
088 (086) zen girl_______________ 63 1
089 (087) tennis2006_____________ 60 1
089 (089) lucian_iasi____________ 55 1
091 (UNR) jcreback_______________ 52 1
092 (089) FiBeR__________________ 38 1
093 (091) Zewsas_________________ 30 1
094 (092) Jozie__________________ 27 1
094 (092) meninosantos___________ 27 1
095 (094) JM-Del-Potro___________ 21 1
097 (095) Jelena_78______________ 18 1
098 (095) ImmzB__________________ 10 1
099 (097) coria_fan______________ 9 1
100 (098) ExcaliburII____________ 8 1
100 (098) watchdogfish___________ 8 1
102 (100) sabrina468_____________ 7 1
103 (101) i_like_tennis__________ 5 1
104 (102) Black Raven____________ 4 1
105 (103) Salum__________________ 3 1
106 (104) Roobs321_______________ 1 1

eljab
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
great job !

i think the new system seems good.

amalyn
08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I think we should just go with the new system - it seems to be working fine. :)

Thanks d_s for taking the trouble to work this out! :yeah:

d_s
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Okay then, we're going to use the best 10 system from now on and I'll make an announcement about it in the rankings thread. If it's fine with everyone, I'm thinking we can keep the old system and use it as the race instead so we'll have separate rankings and race.

And also, if it's okay with everyone, I can run the Olympics and I'm probably going to open up the thread right now.

*Jean*
08-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Very fine to me ;)

amalyn
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
And also, if it's okay with everyone, I can run the Olympics and I'm probably going to open up the thread right now.

Great, thanks!

Boarder35m
08-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry, for not keeping up on the discussion of the rankings, but I don´t look at the ranking that much most of the time, anyway :p

If noone else (maybe someone from the suiting timezone) wants to open Washington, I will do that later today :wavey:

Snoo Foo
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll steal washington cuz it's in my timezone and poor Boarder is overloaded. I'll put it up during delpotro match.

d_s
08-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Anyone interested in running New Haven? :wavey:

Snoo Foo
08-17-2008, 02:31 AM
I can do it if nobody else wants, I'm just going to put it up because it's starting in about 13.5 hours...

Snoo Foo
08-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Help help help, please advise, when I posted the draw for New Haven I left out "Del Potro vs. BYE" so when diego36arg and Dupuis2006 posted their draws, they were totally screwed up. Please see my proposed solution (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7517851&postcount=23) and advise accordingly ASAP. There were only 4 MD matches played today and they each only got 1 right and they each predicted that all 4 of today's winners would lose in the next round. The only potentially unfair advantage that I can tell is that "qualifier 1" (who they both picked as winning in 1R and losing in 2R to Acasuso) has now been identified as Delgado. Anyway I don't know what to do, if this doesn't work then I think New Haven FITD will have to be euthanized.

d_s
08-18-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't have a problem with them redoing their draws. Your proposed solution looks good ;)

But Snoo Foo, there's something else (not about this) that I'll PM you about

Snoo Foo
08-18-2008, 04:44 AM
I don't have a problem with them redoing their draws. Your proposed solution looks good ;)

But Snoo Foo, there's something else (not about this) that I'll PM you about

Uh oh... :unsure:

d_s
08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
WHO WANTS TO DO US OPEN?? :)
I'll do it if no one wants to ;)

d_s
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I'll open the thread and run it since no one is replying :)

Snoo Foo
08-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Ah well, i would have done it but I didn't see this.

d_s
08-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Ah well, i would have done it but I didn't see this.

I actually forgot to open the thread because I left to play some tennis ;) so you can run it if you want. I didn't think anyone actually wanted to run it :p

Snoo Foo
08-23-2008, 06:44 AM
OK I set it up... if somebody has a problem with that, we will have to do a traditional United States Battle-Rap. :armed:

...and I'm sure nobody wants that...

07Wf3C0x5l4

Snoo Foo
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Do you have to keep your picks in order of the draw?

I would think so. I mean, if someone wrote down his 64 first round picks in random order he would not get points for names that are out of place. The same rule should apply to all rounds.

In which case Frank Winkler will have NO finalists.

I don't know of any rule that says you have to keep your picks in the order of the draw. Obviously if you do a 128-man draw in random order, it's going to be a huge annoyance to the manager and he or she might ask you to re-do it or decide not to reject it because you are obviously just doing it to be a huge pain in the ass, but in this case his draw is completely clear to me. He picked four semifinalists and out of those four semifinalists he picked two finalists.

SEMIS

nadal
murray
djokovic
federer

FINAL

djokovic
nadal

WINNER

djokovic

Sometimes people spell players' names wrong, sometimes they put in all kinds of extra information like seeds and first names, as long as I can understand it and it's clear to me what they meant, I'm going to accept it and I don't see any reason not to accept Frank Winkler's finalists, he clearly wrote the names of two players who he thinks will play in the final. To me it would be unsporting and against the spirit of FITD to reject his finalists on this basis. Please advise.

amalyn
09-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I totally agree. Putting the names in order is merely a logical thing to do and helps the manager. But the finalists are clear, no matter what order they are in, so they really should count. It would seem unfair to me if they didn't.

d_s
09-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know, I'm taking Bucharest ;)

amalyn
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry for not running anything lately, I've been so busy I even forgot to enter Bucharest. But I'll take Bangkok or Beijing next week. Any preferences? :D

amalyn
09-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll take Bangkok then. :)

nkp2
09-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Is anyone doing Beijing??

nkp2
09-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Ok, not sure if I'm actually allowed to or not but I shall run the FITD thread for Beijing. It's only really adding the points up when I can right? I mean, even if I don't do it everyday, I can still update later :) Hope this is ok.

d_s
09-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Ok, not sure if I'm actually allowed to or not but I shall run the FITD thread for Beijing. It's only really adding the points up when I can right? I mean, even if I don't do it everyday, I can still update later :) Hope this is ok.

Thanks so much for your help, nkp2 :worship:
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask :)

Thanks amalyn as well for running Bangkok :)

d_s
09-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Okay for next week, I'd like to take Tokyo
Anyone want to do Metz?

Snoo Foo
09-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Okay for next week, I'd like to take Tokyo
Anyone want to do Metz?

Sure why not, I've recovered from USO :lol:

(unless someone else is dying to do Metz - I have no sentimental connections to it :p).

d_s
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
We need 3 managers for this coming week!

Snoo Foo
10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I can do one, what are they? Give me one that will have lots of pix cuz Metz sucked, I need pix.

Edit: Hell, let's be honest, I could do 2 or 10 or 15 if necessary.

Boarder35m
10-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Hm, I don´t want to take away a tournament from Snoo Foo but I´d like to manage one tournament next week, too :p

d_s
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Okay thanks guys :D

There's Moscow, Stockholm and Vienna. I can manage whichever one you both don't choose ;)

Snoo Foo
10-04-2008, 12:59 AM
:scratch: Then I'll take Vienna! Cuz it has Canyas & Schwankeleh (who will both lose 1R but whatever). Unless Boarder wants it. Second choice is Moscow (Llllooooodraaaahhhh :hearts:). Stockholm third choice (Return of the Pim). But really I don't care, they are all equally foreign to me. :haha:

Boarder35m
10-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I´ll take Moscow, if that´s ok with you :p

Snoo Foo
10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
:yeah: we'll stick d_s with

http://www.willisms.com/archives/sweden.gif

jcreback
10-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Just had a general question/proposal to throw out there. I know these things can be a pain to run sometimes, but I feel like something can be done about the late withdrawals in these tournaments. For example, Robredo withdrawing for Vienna on the second day of the tournament. Obviously it is unfortunate for those who have selected him to go far. I also understand that part of the risk of picking any player to do well is that said player might get injured.

I have done some FITD with some friends away from this website, and we agreed that if a player withdrew once the tournament had started, a person could not change his or her bracket, but that the LL took the place of the player who had retired.

In the Robredo example, Giraldo is the LL. I had Robredo advancing to the semi-final. In our system, I now have Giraldo to the semifinal. I feel this allows players not be harmed by unforeseen withdraws, without giving them the advantage of changing their brackets. Any thoughts?

amalyn
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Apparently, we already have that rule. So as far as I can tell, Giraldo picks do count for Robredo picks.

jcreback
10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Apparently, we already have that rule. So as far as I can tell, Giraldo picks do count for Robredo picks.

I did not know that, thanks for the info.

Snoo Foo
10-09-2008, 03:53 AM

Affirmative :yeah:

Snoo Foo
10-11-2008, 02:00 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/10/128681586544831582.jpg

amalyn
10-11-2008, 02:02 AM
I certainly wouldn't mind. ;)

Snoo Foo
10-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Mkay well since nobody is trying to fight me for it, and the draw is out... here I go... :yeah:

d_s
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks Snoo Foo :worship:

d_s
10-17-2008, 11:56 PM
We need 3 managers for this coming week peoples!
Basel
St. Petersburg
Lyon

:)

Snoo Foo
10-18-2008, 12:10 AM
I can do Lyon! (unless someone else really wants it, in which case my 2d choice is St. Petersburg, 3d choice Basel...)

Edit: I'm gonna start Lyon since nobody else is clamoring for it. :lol:

d_s
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I'll do Basel

Someone please vollunteer for St Petersburg!

Snoo Foo
10-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I guess I can do it, it's getting late... :unsure:

d_s
10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks a lot Snoo Foo, but if it's too much trouble, just have the thread opened and we can wait and see if someone else will vollunteer to run it...

Snoo Foo
10-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Oh well... as you see I already did it... cuz I figured by the time anyone volunteered to do it, if they did it at all, only a few people would be able to play, cuz it was already so late. It's not much trouble but prolly in the future one per week is enough.

d_s
10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Can anyone run Paris? Last tournament of the season (before YEC)!
I won't have time to run it next week

Snoo Foo
10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Since there's a long break up ahead, and this one has a sunday start, and the draw is out, and I have the time... and nobody else seems interested (unless I'm scaring them away with my FITD-gluttony... :awww:)... sure dude!

d_s
10-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Hopefully no one minds, but I think I'm going to run Masters Cup