Canas will miss U S Open and Davis Cup Semis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Canas will miss U S Open and Davis Cup Semis

Lucas Arg
08-22-2002, 04:34 AM
www.clarin.com/ultimo_momento/notas/2002/08/21/m-432968.htm

The article is in spanish. But for those who doesn't speak it, He has a stress fracture in his right hand which means he will be out of the tour for at least 2 months:mad:

This is so fuc..ing unfair, he did great this season and now he can't enjoy it.

For the Davis Cup Semifinal, Chela or Zabaleta will play in his place.

Get well soon Guillermo:wavey:

TennisHack
08-22-2002, 04:39 AM
GOOD GRIEF!! When will the withdrawals end?!?!?!

Talk about a decimated draw :o

(but whew for Russia in the DC semifinal!)

Scotso
08-22-2002, 04:40 AM
Aww :(

wow the draw is sure to change now.

Dissident
08-22-2002, 04:42 AM
DAMN! This is shit!
:mad:

Oh well, good luck to him in the recovery.

jirobkk
08-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Translation !!

Canas will lose the U.S. Open and the semifinal of Davis
------------------------------------------------
The best Argentine tennis player of the present time underwent " a fracture by stress in the right hand " and will be inactive at least two months.

Guillermo Canes, the best Argentine tennis player of the present time, underwent " a fracture by stress in the right hand " that he will prevent him to comprise of the national equipment that will dispute less in of a month the semifinal of the Glass Davis before Russia.

The news generated indisimulable restlessness within the Argentine equipment, since the Cane loss diminishes the Argentine possibilities to accede to the end of the match.

" Canes will have to use a platico plaster or a special bandage during four weeks, and later more rehabilitation has - like minimum three weeks ", according to the medical diagnosis.

Before the gravity of the situation, in the Association Argentina de Tenis one will offer, tomorrow to 14, a press conference to approach the problem.

As opposed to the forced Cane absence, they appear Mariano Zabaleta and Juan Ignacio Chela like those of chance to replace it and to be united more to already confirmed Gastón Gaudio, David Nalbandian and Lucas Arnold.

Besides to lose the semifinal that will be disputed in Moscow, Russia, between Friday 20 and Sunday 22 of September, Canes will not be able to take part of the Open one of the United States, that the next Monday begins.

Before crowning itself in recent the Open one of Toronto, Canada, after eliminating four players who are located between the ten first of the world-wide ranking, Canes had to appeal to a stock market with ice to alleviate pains in the right wrist.

It was presumed that it suffered a tendinitis, but - after the rigor controls that to him the deportólogo doctor ordered Walter Sight, before the increase of its ailment detected that it was one more a more serious pathology: " Fracture by stress in the right hand "

Get well soon :sad: :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
08-22-2002, 09:01 AM
two months is basically the end of the year for him

he might be back for Paris Bercy

Glad we won't have to face him in Davis Cup, PHEW

MAURO
08-22-2002, 02:21 PM
I HOPE HE RECOVERES SOON

tennischick
08-24-2002, 01:03 AM
turns out he won Toronto with a fractured wrist. it only got diagnosed afterwards and he had to have immediate surgery. i hope his recovery is smooth and he is back before too long.

Argentina will still win Davis Cup. there's a lot of talent to choose from...;) ;) ;)

TennisHack
08-24-2002, 10:00 PM
WOW! I thought PMac was just wishfully thinking when he said Cañas's wrist was hurt.

When I saw this, I couldn't help to breathe a sigh of relief for Russia & the Davis Cup :) But it sucks that so many players have pulled out of the Open.