Agassi & Sampras`@@`: trash talking each other [95].*worth a watch! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi & Sampras`@@`: trash talking each other [95].*worth a watch!

CmonAussie
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
:cool:
wow this is pretty good stuff:D
Andre & Pete trash talking each other, love it how Andre thinks he`s owed an FO title & was pissed @ Bolleteri for hanging around Courier after the 1991 final.
Also you could see Sampras was trying to bite his lip when they were talking about who was better on hardcourt. Pete obviously knew he had the edge but pretending to be humble:eek:

Agassi`s the laundrymate mat:devil:
Sampras`s the club sandwhich man:p

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2N5I8xSFpM
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2EOWnbIyTs
part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkIUgqOA5Y
part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIgEKtQvdz0

MisterQ
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Just started watching... thanks for these... really interesting to see them chatting like this.

CmonAussie
10-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Just started watching... thanks for these... really interesting to see them chatting like this.

you`re welcome mate:cool:

yeah there`s a bit of fluff like Nike promotion [Andre complaining about mixing colours @ the laundrymat], but if you took the highlights there`s around 5 minutes of top notch insight into Pete & Andre`s personality/mentality at the time:cool:

Andre`s matured a lot since then, but it`s still funny to hear him in his image conscious days:devil:

CmonAussie
10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
the funniest part is when Agassi says to Pete [refering to the hardcourt matchup]:
"...me with my exciting brand of tennis and you with your boring game"

ironic that just a few weeks after this was filmed [August 1995]~~ Pete would end up defeating Andre in the USO final again! maybe Sampras was given an extra incentive to take out Agassi there, rememberng AA`s foolish attempts at trash talking in this interview~~???

RagingLamb
10-29-2007, 07:57 PM
never seen those before.

Agassi has definitely changed a lot (thank god). But his comment about Pete's boring game was meant as a joke I think.

edit: threat title is misleading by the way. there was no trash talking whatsoever from what I saw

CmonAussie
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
never seen those before.

Agassi has definitely changed a lot (thank god). But his comment about Pete's boring game was meant as a joke I think.

edit: threat title is misleading by the way. there was no trash talking whatsoever from what I saw

:wavey:
didn`t you see Agassi trash talking Sampras`s clay game when they spoke about the 1995 FO:p
Agassi said something like:"...man you really played crap at the FO, where was your game plan?.. you weren`t constructing points properly":devil:

Sampras had some comebacks of his own;)
Sampras said to Agassi [referring to 1995 Wimby SF]:
"...how could you lose to Becker after leading 2-sets-to-1 & a break in the fourth.. nobody loses leads like that on grass"!:devil:

K90
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
theres no trash talking here, theyre just havin fun. nice stuff tho

RagingLamb
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
didn`t you see Agassi trash talking Sampras`s clay game when they spoke about the 1995 FO:p
Agassi said something like:"...man you really played crap at the FO, where was your game plan?.. you weren`t constructing points properly":devil:

"...how could you lose to Becker after leading 2-sets-to-1 & a break in the fourth.. nobody loses leads like that on grass"!:devil:

that's not trash talking

cmorais24
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM

Well...I still think it's trash talking. Those two are closed friends and are known for doing things like this just for joke (or comercial purposes). The truth is Agassi led 6-2, 4-1 (two breaks) against Becker in Wimby'95 SF, but in 2000 he was down 5-2 (two breaks) in the fifth set against Martin and he managed to win;)! With Agassi, you never know what to expect in grass, because his and his opponent's serve are not so "effective". Anyway, most of what they said it's true...and funny!lol

Haile Selassie
11-01-2007, 02:20 PM
There is no trash talking at this videos. Anyway thanks for sharing because i have never seen this video on youtube.
Both player are having fun at there.