BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France - 10/28/07-11/04/07 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

BNP Paribas Masters - Paris, France - 10/28/07-11/04/07

10-26-2007, 07:05 AM
I will do a better thread title after we find out if Tommy is indeed going to play in Paris.

TommyB.
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
No withdrawal yet...but with Tommy you never know.

It seems his (small) chances for Shanghai are still alive before Paris. :unsure:

Tommy fan
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Tommy is in the draw.. In nadal's quater...:help: He's the 9th seed
1) R. Federer v. bye
F. Verdasco v. I. Karlovic
N. Almagro v. D. Nalbandian
bye v. 14) C. Moya

12) T. Berdych v. bye
P-H. Mathieu v. M. Ancic
D. Tursunov v. Fish
bye v. 5) D. Ferrer

3) N. Djokovic v. bye
F. Santoro v. A. Montanes
J. Nieminen v. J. Monaco
bye v. 15) A. Murray

10) R. Gasquet v. bye
WC) J-W. Tsonga v. WC) S. Grosjean
Q) v. WC) N. Mahut
bye v. 6) J. Blake

7) T. Robredo v. bye
P. Starace v. G. Simon
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 11) G. Canas

13) I. Ljubicic v. bye
J.C. Ferrero v. M. Baghdatis
Q) v. F. Lopez
bye v. 4) N. Davydenko

8) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

16) J.I. Chela v. bye
S. Wawrinka v. N. Kiefer
J. Melzer v. F. Volandri
bye v. 2) R. Nadal

TommyB.
10-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Paris homepage replaced Robredo with Gonzo. :(

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

Tommy is still #8 in the race of Shanghai after this week. :scared:

Tommy fan
10-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Paris homepage replaced Robredo with Gonzo. :(

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

Tommy is still #8 in the race of Shanghai after this week. :scared:

If Murray wins St.Petesburg, than he is the no.8 in the race..:sad:
And that's pretty likely now that Davydenko is out..

10-26-2007, 10:21 PM
With Murray you never can tell. At times he tends to beat himself and other times he seems unbeatable by almost anyone :rolleyes:

10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Tommy is in the draw.. In nadal's quater...:help: He's the 9th seed
1) R. Federer v. bye
F. Verdasco v. I. Karlovic
N. Almagro v. D. Nalbandian
bye v. 14) C. Moya

12) T. Berdych v. bye
P-H. Mathieu v. M. Ancic
D. Tursunov v. Fish
bye v. 5) D. Ferrer

3) N. Djokovic v. bye
F. Santoro v. A. Montanes
J. Nieminen v. J. Monaco
bye v. 15) A. Murray

10) R. Gasquet v. bye
WC) J-W. Tsonga v. WC) S. Grosjean
Q) v. WC) N. Mahut
bye v. 6) J. Blake

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
P. Starace v. G. Simon
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 11) G. Canas

13) I. Ljubicic v. bye
J.C. Ferrero v. M. Baghdatis
Q) v. F. Lopez
bye v. 4) N. Davydenko

8) T. Robredo v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

16) J.I. Chela v. bye
S. Wawrinka v. N. Kiefer
J. Melzer v. F. Volandri
bye v. 2) R. Nadal

Tommy was in the draw in Lyon and he still pulled out :sad:

Tommy fan
10-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Tommy was in the draw in Lyon and he still pulled out :sad:

Your'e right... :sad:
But that's for now.. Will he relly play? We'll have to wait and see..

TommyB.
10-27-2007, 08:53 AM

Tommy has 329 points, if Murray wins in St. Petersburg he moves to #11 with 326 points. Murray can't gain 50 points with the title...only 45.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/race_bubble.asp

Tommy fan
10-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Tommy has 329 points, if Murray wins in St. Petersburg he moves to #11 with 326 points. Murray can't gain 50 points with the title...only 45.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/race_bubble.asp

Ho thats good!
Sorry than.. But I tought it's true.. Someone on GM wrote it.. I guess he was wrong..:)

Tommy fan
10-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I edited the draw

TommyB.
10-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Ho thats good!
Sorry than.. But I tought it's true.. Someone on GM wrote it.. I guess he was wrong..:)

No problem ;) , this race stuff isn't easy to understand sometimes.

The first draw was better imo...Robredo instead of Gonzo.

Neely
10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I didn't look at the ranking points too closely, but I know that many positions behind Tommy is very very close. He should make sure to get the best result of all these closely behind him, but it's sgoing to be that difficult :unsure:

Tommy fan
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
No problem ;) , this race stuff isn't easy to understand sometimes.

The first draw was better imo...Robredo instead of Gonzo.

:)

The first daw really was easier. But with Gonzo, and actually with Tommy too, we can never know.. I just hope for the best there and please, that he'll quallify!

10-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know if Tommy is actually healthy right now?

10-27-2007, 08:37 PM
I didn't look at the ranking points too closely, but I know that many positions behind Tommy is very very close. He should make sure to get the best result of all these closely behind him, but it's sgoing to be that difficult :unsure:
Especially if he is sick and not playing or not playing well :sad: Tommy gets so close, but something always seems to stop him--his own play or his health :crying2:

Tommy fan
10-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Tommy playes tommorow against Tipseravic (Who beat spadea 7:6(9) 7:6(2) )
Tommy will play on court 1 (WTF??), 3rd match and the first match starts on 11:00 am local time.

Maybe ESPN will show it. Today they showed Seppi's match which was on court 1..

Good luck Tommy!!!

10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Auf geht's Tommy :D But I'm still waiting for him to play that first Match before I change the thread title :p

TommyB.
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
He's healthy but you never know. :unsure:

Allez Tommy!

Yappa
10-30-2007, 12:02 AM
He better make up for Kiwi's loss and qualify for Shanghai. :D

10-30-2007, 04:44 AM
He's healthy but you never know. :unsure:

Allez Tommy!
Are you sure he is healthy? And isn't "Allez" French :confused:

TommyB.
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Are you sure he is healthy? And isn't "Allez" French :confused:

Yes Tommy is healthy according to the german press. "Allez" should be French. ;)

TommyB.
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Haas def. Tipsarevic 6-3 6-7 6-3 :yeah: :scared:

Janko led *3-2 in the final set but Tommy showed fighting spirit with winning 4 games in a row. ;)

Tommy fan
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Well done Tommy! :dance:
And great fighting Spirit!!
Good luck next round (Auf geht's means good luck?)

Yappa
10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
"Auf geht's" means "Let's go" or "Allez" as TommyB. said.

Tipsarevic basically handed him the rebreak in the 3rd set with a DF and a couple of UEs. Not that I'll complain. ;)

I am not too sure who I'd prefer, Gonzalez or Youzhny. Gonzalez can self destruct, as shown against Kiefer in Madrid.

TommyB.
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
It is Youzhny, another contender with TMC hopes.

Very important match again...

10-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Haas def. Tipsarevic 6-3 6-7 6-3 :yeah: :scared:

Janko led *3-2 in the final set but Tommy showed fighting spirit with winning 4 games in a row. ;)
As promised a thread title change :) And a win for Tommy :D Janko is another one of those players who can be very good or just fall apart. It sounds like he fell apart which was a good thing for Tommy. But Tommy's draw was a hard one :sad: And I don't like this 3Rd match coming up at all :scared: At least this time since Tommy had a first Rd BYE and won his 2nd Rd Match he gets all the points ;)

Tommy fan
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
So 3rd round against youzhny...
He played pretty good today against Gonzalez :scared:
But ESPN showed Tommy in the crowd! So I guess he works on some tactics and maybe it's a sign he is motivated,But, who knows..?

Tommy fan
10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
"Auf geht's" means "Let's go" or "Allez" as TommyB. said.

Tipsarevic basically handed him the rebreak in the 3rd set with a DF and a couple of UEs. Not that I'll complain. ;)

I am not too sure who I'd prefer, Gonzalez or Youzhny. Gonzalez can self destruct, as shown against Kiefer in Madrid.

Thannk you :)

And how was the match? Did Tommy play well or Tipseravic made too many UE'S?

10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
So 3rd round against youzhny...
He played pretty good today against Gonzalez :scared:
But ESPN showed Tommy in the crowd! So I guess he works on some tactics and maybe it's a sign he is motivated,But, who knows..?
It is good Gonzo is out. He was ahead of Tommy in the Race anyway, but now he won't be adding any more points on :) But Youzhny has given lots of players trouble in the past including Tommy I believe :unsure: So I hope Tommy picked up on some things by watching that Match ;)

TommyB.
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Gonzo is almost qualified for Shanghai. He has much more points than Tommy and Co. The players behind him should lose. ;)

Tommy fan
10-30-2007, 09:47 PM
It is good Gonzo is out. He was ahead of Tommy in the Race anyway, but now he won't be adding any more points on :) But Youzhny has given lots of players trouble in the past including Tommy I believe :unsure: So I hope Tommy picked up on some things by watching that Match ;)

I heard Tommy was shaky today. I hope it's because it was hes first match since Madrid (Where he had only one match..).
Hopefully he knows what to do against Youzhny now :)

BTW, he said to the press that he wasn't that motivated and it wasn't an imprtant win (Tired for shanghai [if he qualifies]).. WTF?.. I don't know if he was sirious or he just wanted to make himself feel less presure about it..

Jogy
10-30-2007, 09:48 PM
needed win to start tournament!

I hope he brushes Youzhny out of the way easy! :D

come on Tommy :banana:

supertommyhaas
10-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Tommy has a good chance to qualify if he can sneak into the quarters!! Because then as long as the semi Final lineup is Federer V Djokovic and Nadal v Davydenko he is safe..

Currently Younzny or Canas would have to make the final to overtake Tommy - Won't happen
Ljubicic or Moya would have to make the semis- Very Unlikely
Murray would have to beat Djokovic- Unlikely
Gasquet and Blake will probably play 3rd rd, Winner will probaly lose to Djokovic in quarters.
Berdych won't get past quarters coz fed is thier..and Boredo will prbs lose to canas 3rd rd or at least Davydenko Quarters.
So Tommy will probably Qualify If he beats Youzhny But will need a fair bit of luck if he dosen't.

supertommyhaas
10-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Tommy has a good chance to qualify if he can sneak into the quarters!! Because then as long as the semi Final lineup is Federer V Djokovic and Nadal v Davydenko he is safe..

Currently Younzny or Canas would have to make the final to overtake Tommy - Won't happen
Gasquet and Blake will probably play 3rd rd, Winner will probaly lose to Djokovic in quarters.
Berdych won't get past quarters coz fed is thier..and Boredo will prbs lose to canas 3rd rd or at least Davydenko Quarters.
So Tommy will probably Qualify If he beats Youzhny But will need a fair bit of luck if he dosen't.

10-31-2007, 03:27 AM
Well I had wanted Simon to take out Robredo today, but he couldn't do it :( I like Robredo and normally would be happy with a win from him. But he is too close to our Tommy in the Race points :eek: I'm afraid our Tommy may need a fair amount of luck to beat Youzhny :scared: And I don't know why Tommy would say his win wasn't important :confused: May be he just doesn't want to set himself up for a disappointment, if he loses out on the Race at the very end of the year :unsure:

supertommyhaas
10-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Well I had wanted Simon to take out Robredo today, but he couldn't do it :( I like Robredo and normally would be happy with a win from him. But he is too close to our Tommy in the Race points :eek: I'm afraid our Tommy may need a fair amount of luck to beat Youzhny :scared: And I don't know why Tommy would say his win wasn't important :confused: May be he just doesn't want to set himself up for a disappointment, if he loses out on the Race at the very end of the year :unsure:

Yeh I don't know why he would say that either, Because i am very nervous! I can't beleive how close it Is. I think Tommy desrerves it because he has been so unlucky with just Missing out throughout his career. Im with you he will have to raise his level to beat Youznhy.. I wish Tommy could rediscover the form he had from January-March;)

leng jai
10-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Hes also got SF points to defend...

Yappa
10-31-2007, 11:35 AM
That doesn't matter for the race though.

TommyB.
10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't like the today's results. Murray won and Djokovic lost against Santoro.

I guess a win over Youzhny is not enough...at least semifinals.

Tommy fan
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't like the today's results. Murray won and Djokovic lost against Santoro.

I guess a win over Youzhny is not enough...at least semifinals.

:sad: And yesterday as we know Robredo and Berdych won..
I hope the second half of this day will be better and Ljubicic, Gasquet and Blake will lose their matches (Although I like Gasquet, but I want Tommy to qualify so bad..)

Tommy fan
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Well Djokovic lost.. Murray draw opened, that changes everything

10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I could hardly believe Santoro defeated Nole :lol: Sorry, but I don't care for Nole. And in another Tournament this year Santoro defeated Roddick.
I guess he still has some magic, but at his age can't keep it going over a whole Tournament. Richie has already won today as has Nadal. Nalbandian is a set up on Moya. Tommy just put himself in a bad situation because he has to count on what other people do instead of only what he has to do :sad:

Tommy fan
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I could hardly believe Santoro defeated Nole :lol: Sorry, but I don't care for Nole. And in another Tournament this year Santoro defeated Roddick.
I guess he still has some magic, but at his age can't keep it going over a whole Tournament. Richie has already won today as has Nadal. Nalbandian is a set up on Moya. Tommy just put himself in a bad situation because he has to count on what other people do instead of only what he has to do :sad:

I don't care for him that much either, but Murray will be on the 3rd round against Santoro instead against Djokovic..
Tommy also relies on his own results, it's just that everything is sooo tight and every thing van happend.. If he'll do well than the others, he'll probably qualify, but if he isn't..:sad:

I just hope he's healthy and he much more motivated for tommorow match than yesterday's match..:angel:

BTW, is he coaching himself?

supertommyhaas
10-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Bloddy Djokovic... Now Haas will have to make the SF and that would probably mean beating Youzhny and Nadal:mad: Go Tommy

11-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Bloddy Djokovic... Now Haas will have to make the SF and that would probably mean beating Youzhny and Nadal:mad: Go Tommy
Posters in the Santoro Forum thought Nole tanked the Match :eek: I didn't see all the Match when it first took place, but later the Tennis Channel repeated some of the Match. Santoro has a problem with his leg and even with what looked like some elastic brace he could not move well at all :sad: Nole gave out two stories 1) he had his wisdom teeth removed after he finished his play in Madrid then 2) he said he had had surgery on his foot. I heard nothing about any foot surgery. And wisdom teeth removed after he went out in Madrid shouldn't have been any problem at all now :rolleyes: I had thought may be Mahut could have taken out Blake. And he might have except Mahut was injuried early in that Match :sad: Actually on a hard court Youzhny scares me more than Nadal :scared: Auf geht's Tommy :D

11-01-2007, 03:32 AM
I just had to look :rolleyes: The five players just behind Tommy in the Race are still in the Tournament :sad: This is just not looking good at all :crying2:

supertommyhaas
11-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Posters in the Santoro Forum thought Nole tanked the Match :eek: I didn't see all the Match when it first took place, but later the Tennis Channel repeated some of the Match. Santoro has a problem with his leg and even with what looked like some elastic brace he could not move well at all :sad: Nole gave out two stories 1) he had his wisdom teeth removed after he finished his play in Madrid then 2) he said he had had surgery on his foot. I heard nothing about any foot surgery. And wisdom teeth removed after he went out in Madrid shouldn't have been any problem at all now :rolleyes: I had thought may be Mahut could have taken out Blake. And he might have except Mahut was injuried early in that Match :sad: Actually on a hard court Youzhny scares me more than Nadal :scared: Auf geht's Tommy :D

Yeh i Can understand why you say that. But Tommy has beaten Youzhny twice on hard courts before ( Im no confident about this one though) Were as with Nadal he lost to him in staights in both cincinati and Madrid masters last year.. I don't think Nadal is a good match up for Tommy. Probably won't matter though because as I said not confident about Youzhny. All we can do is hope Auf ghets Tommy

Tommy fan
11-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Tommy vs Youzhny is last match today
(So I won't be able to see it :sad:)
Auf ghet's Tommy!!! :D

Sean.J.S.
11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Auf gehts Tommyyyyy!!111one11!!!!11one11!!!! :crazy:

I wanna see you in Shanghai. :cool:

11-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeh i Can understand why you say that. But Tommy has beaten Youzhny twice on hard courts before ( Im no confident about this one though) Were as with Nadal he lost to him in staights in both cincinati and Madrid masters last year.. I don't think Nadal is a good match up for Tommy. Probably won't matter though because as I said not confident about Youzhny. All we can do is hope Auf ghets Tommy
Well now Nadal has knee problems so that can help. (I like Nadal and hate he has knee problems, but Tommy needs all the help he can get!) Of course, it won't matter if he can't get by Youzhny. Richie did help out the cause by defeating Blake. Blake was closer to Tommy in the Race than Richie is, but Richie is not far behind himself. And he really played well today. And Canas didn't help out any by losing to Robredo :rolleyes: Robredo is right behind Tommy in the race :eek:

Tommy fan
11-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I fed-Nalbandian will be a three stter *death*
I want to sleep today too, but I want to know about Tommy's match too!

Cat123
11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Nalby beat Fed for the 2nd time in a row. Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent!

I'm meant to be cracking on with my dissertation for uni but now that Tommy's due on court and I have live score open I'm not going to get anything done... :rolleyes:

Tommy fan
11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Nalby beat Fed for the 2nd time in a row. Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent!

I'm meant to be cracking on with my dissertation for uni but now that Tommy's due on court and I have live score open I'm not going to get anything done... :rolleyes:

That's what I wanted to do too (Watch the live-score window) but it's getting late and I'm tired...
I hope I'll find god score tommorow morning. Auf Ghet's Tommy!!! Good night! :)

supertommyhaas
11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Lost the 1st set 6-4 and let Youzhny win 71% of points on his second serve

11-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Came back strong in the 2nd Set 6-1 and then got defeated in the 3rd Set 6-3 :o :o :o :o :o :o He doesn't have a coach. He was just there with a trainer. I thought I caught a glimpse of Sara Foster, but I was watching the Tennis Channel and they don't zero in on g/fs like ESPN does. So I'm not even sure she was there. Bye Bye Race :bigcry: Tommy has really looked and played poorly the last of the year. I don't know if it was the injuries, illnesses, lack of a coach or all of the above :unsure: But he needs to get his act together before next year :rolleyes: And as sad as I am for Tommy :sad: it thrills me to no end that Nalbandian beat Federer again :woohoo:

11-02-2007, 05:37 AM
After telling all of you about the mess of the Match I have to tell you something I thought was funny :) When they did the coin toss for the Match Tommy was standing out on court and he tied the strings of his tennis shorts :lol: It kind of made me wonder what he was doing before the Match that those strings weren't already tied :aplot:

TommyB.
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
He had his chances...TMC looks like an illusion every year.

Time to recover and I hope he'll find a new coach. This is important for the next season.

Sean.J.S.
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Sooooooo disappointing. I only watched about 5 minutes of it, because I had to go to school, and the Youzhny was injured, and Tommy couldn't take advantage. :sad:

So is Tommy definitely out of contention for Shanghai?

Tommy fan
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Tommy :sad:
Damn... I wanted him so much in Shanghai and I tought this year might be the year. He should have beaten Youzhny yesterday and I just keep thinking what would have happened if he would hold his serve in the 10 minutes openning game of the match :sad:
BTW, how was the match?
For 2008 he must have a coach and please start it when ge's healthy!

Tommy fan
11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
After telling all of you about the mess of the Match I have to tell you something I thought was funny :) When they did the coin toss for the Match Tommy was standing out on court and he tied the strings of his tennis shorts :lol: It kind of made me wonder what he was doing before the Match that those strings weren't already tied :aplot:

At least that :)

TommyB.
11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
BTW, how was the match?

Poor match with lots of ups and downs on both sides. Tommy had so many breakpoints in set three...but couldn't convert any. :(

11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Poor match with lots of ups and downs on both sides. Tommy had so many breakpoints in set three...but couldn't convert any. :(
I think the Russian knew as we say here in the U.S. how to "push Tommy's buttons". At the beginning of the 3rd Set after Tommy had done so well in the 2nd Set the Russian went off to have what the commentators called a "comfort break". That is the nicest way I have ever heard to say someone is going to the bathroom :lol: However, it left Tommy standing on his end of the Court for a long time and his play was never the same as it was in the 2nd Set after that :sad:

Tommy fan
11-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I think the Russian knew as we say here in the U.S. how to "push Tommy's buttons". At the beginning of the 3rd Set after Tommy had done so well in the 2nd Set the Russian went off to have what the commentators called a "comfort break". That is the nicest way I have ever heard to say someone is going to the bathroom :lol: However, it left Tommy standing on his end of the Court for a long time and his play was never the same as it was in the 2nd Set after that :sad:

:sad: :sad:
I hate those tricks for changing the momentom :mad:
I wish he would try harder :sad:

Denise
11-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Tommy lost :sad::sad:
He won't play in Shanghai :sad:

11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Tommy lost :sad::sad:
He won't play in Shangai :sad:
No he won't :sad: But I haven't seen you here in a while so it is nice to have you stop by :)

Denise
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Hello Mae :hug:
How are you? It's very nice to be back. I was a bit off 'cause of my studies but now I'm back, I missed here. Yeah, Tommy won't go to Shanghai but at least he tried ;) Hope next time he'll be there.
See you.