Henman - Will he be the Champ this year??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman - Will he be the Champ this year???

Lalitha
06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
The last Wimbledon champion from England was in 1936.

I think this is most un-edited sentence for a long long time.

After all the years as semi-finalists and QF's I hope Henman wins this year.

jtipson
06-03-2004, 12:47 PM
If he can keep his playing level and his head, then Henman really does have a reasonable chance.

The draw is probably going to be the most significant factor - he must avoid Lleyton Hewitt. Meeting David Nalbandian could be difficult too, although Tim did put him away in four last year, when he wasn't really playing that great.

Ballbuster
06-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Dude, the weirdest thing happened yesterday. I playing with my bloody strawberries and cream while watching tennis, and then I looked down at my plate and the strawberries spelled out "Henman." I think it's a sign from the grass court gods that Henman will kick ass, and by that I think it means he'll win wimbledon

Lalitha
06-04-2004, 06:00 AM
jtipson, exactly. I hope he gets a good draw. Not like Roger at RG, where he got to meet Kuerten at Round 3.

Darkheart
06-06-2004, 11:05 PM
He has a good chance every year. Usually the pressure gets to him. We'll see.

Corey Feldman
06-07-2004, 12:02 AM
if the pressure got to him he'd lose in the 2nd/3rd round every year..not constant SF AND qf's,

this is tim's year, its his moment, and its coming soon

PinkFeatherBoa
06-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Dude, the weirdest thing happened yesterday. I playing with my bloody strawberries and cream while watching tennis, and then I looked down at my plate and the strawberries spelled out "Henman." I think it's a sign from the grass court gods that Henman will kick ass, and by that I think it means he'll win wimbledon

The strawberries have spoken. :lol: i hope they are right. ;)

SaFed2005
06-07-2004, 01:02 AM
I hope that if Federer loses he wins ;)

budikovac
06-07-2004, 11:35 AM
if the pressure got to him he'd lose in the 2nd/3rd round every year..not constant SF AND qf's!
It's clear for a long time that Henman has a problem with pressure! and he looses in the SF cause the closer you get to win it, the more pressure increases!

the same thing happened at Roland Garros the other day. he came on court against Coria with no pressure cause nobody expected him to beat him, when he got 6/3 4/2 lead he soddenly collapsed, probably because he started thinking about the final. he didn't put one first serve in, he mist the simplest volleys and lost 13 straight games!

claudine140
06-15-2004, 08:18 PM
no way, it is impossible henman wins wimby!!!

Hantuchov
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
I hope he wins it :)

MissPovaFan
06-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Whilst I feel nobody is going to stop a Federer v Roddick final I really really hope Henman can manage it - it would be the best sporting moment for me of all time :D

dubis016
06-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Henman must WIN!

Teemuh
06-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I would like Federer to repeat. But if he can't, I'd like Henman to win it. And if he can't, then Roddick. Fedz needs a rival.

welsh girl
06-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I think he can win ... but it would be great if someone could knock out Roddick, Hewitt and Federer before he has to play them.

Lalitha
06-16-2004, 12:16 PM
He has his chances in 2001, when all the big names were out. He played a SF against Goran which lasted over 3 days. Goran was playing bad and the halt seemed work for him.

But anyways, I think he should win this year. He has a clean sweep record against Federer (If I remeber correctly). Also, reaching the SF's at RG should also be a big boost to him.

Iza
06-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Timmy should finally win. I like him a lot as a player and as a person and despite ppl like John Mac who say he's boring I find him very cool. After tons of QFs and SFs he should at least make a final! Goooooo Timmy :bounce:

gina_
06-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, he'll be somewhere there but I wouldn't expect him to win it. Too much hype, too much pressure.

Jinx
06-24-2004, 11:38 PM
mmm...It would be great for Tim and for all the people cheering for him!! England wants him to win!! (and is always great to win in your country!)...I would say that he does not have a lot of chances to do it..., I think Rogi Federer is someone dificult to beat,..Andy Roddick and his record high speed ball...I guess my answer is: Sadly, NO.