Time for another survey [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Time for another survey

Farenhajt
10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Djokohaters are riding hard again (no wonder, since he's doing good in Madrid).

So, fellow fans, WHY do they hate Novak? I.e. why do they specifically hate Novak like no other player?

Regular hater will tell you Novak's a bloody cheater, and that, with variations, pretty much exhausts the list. What's also popular is that he's "a bloody Serb" (which for some people is the second worst possible label after "he's Osama's seed").

But let's consider them intelligent and not so shallow for a moment. (That means we'll dismiss the reasons such as "he has a peanut-shaped head", "he's ugly", "his computer bag is ridiculous" etc. etc.) Do you really think those could be legitimate reasons? No comparable hate spills can be traced against many substance abusing players, who truly ARE cheaters. No comparable nationalist hatred is targeted towards other Serbian players. Therefore, something specific must lie behind it.

These are my two cents: a) The haters were oh-so-happy with "mythical" rivalry at the very top, which is about to be brought off balance with the entrance of the third person; b) but that third person would even be welcome IF that were someone else - Murray, Gasquet, peut-etre Monfils, or some declining star whose miraculous rejuvenation is being prayed for - that is, whoever our haters bet on: Novak came almost out of nowhere and stormed the position. Now other contenders have three guys to beat, which makes the task more difficult and the chances slimmer. And it's pretty much natural to hate the one who f*cks up your agenda, isn't it?

Please, do tell what do you think. And even prettier please: just ignore the likes of GlennM, sawan and others who are more than likely to try and ruin this thread.

Rogiman
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I have no problems with Djoko (although I would have loved the new up and coming top player to be someone with a unique game with some trademark shots rather than a robotic-like game with no weaknesses but nothing spectacular either), it's his fans (not the ones that have been here since forever, save for the Eztroll) that almost make me hope he loses every time he steps on court.

Other than that he seems to be an OK guy to me.

HarryMan
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I like his game ,and I am a fan of Him ,Just like I am fan of Murray,Gasquet,Gulbis and many more youngsters.

What I like about his game is His lack of any major weakness like many of these other youngsters have which kind a seperates him from the pack today and maybe even for the future.

But I am definitely not a person who is going to hate any talent just because of his 'fans' or some other stupid reason that the concerned player has no control over ...

horseman
10-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Excuse me Farenheit, but if someone don't like some player's game or his style, that doesn't mean he's hater. You can't be everyones fan, no?
We are using word hater and -tard nicknames to frequently for this kind of forum.

:wavey:

NikolaBGD
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Farenhajt, good post!

Love and hate are irrational thing, you can't expect some logic explanation...

Nole is hero in Serbia, and has a lot of fans all over the world, he has no problem with haters!

But this forum ought to be place where tennis fans talk about the game and players, but some people try to ruin that, I can't imagine someone who watch every Nole's match, look for some minor thing and then come here full of hate...obviously mental disorder!

ezekiel
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Excuse me Farenheit, but if someone don't like some player's game or his style, that doesn't mean he's hater. You can't be everyones fan, no?
We are using word hater and -tard nicknames to frequently for this kind of forum.

:wavey:

I don't like his style is a euphemism for I hate him but I don't know why

Bascule
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't like his style is a euphemism for I hate him but I don't know why

Guys, have you seen what happened tonight on thread: Djokovic def. Ancic?
Also go to see in non tennis forum for title Balkan history or something. Sawan said for all serbs that we are "bloodthirsty cowards' and lot of other trash. Please go and see! They didn't post our messages after that (mine, Alemoih & BalkanBoy's). We can ask them to ban him, but nobody still done that. What to do?

Sherry Duan
10-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I really like Nole.He is handsome,and he plays quite well,and he is very humourous isn't he? Well he has so many merits .I cannot find out a reason to hate him!I cannot hope everyone to like,but I really hate people who denigrate him.