Tournament Threads? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tournament Threads?

10-18-2007, 05:17 AM
I know you don't like threads for each Tournament especially when Kris is playing poorly :sad: I like Tournament Threads myself while I know others don't. But I think we need to make some break in the thread and just not let one thread run on and on. I hope if more people can tell where Kris is playing it might help the Forum. Like now we could do a thread for the indoor season. What do you think?

Nymeria
10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
you know that I don't like tournament threads when they only get few posts ;)

10-19-2007, 04:47 AM
you know that I don't like tournament threads when they only get few posts ;)
Let me try to explain what I mean. For example back in 2005 there was an American player that was having a good year so we were doing Tournament threads for each Tournament. Well we thought his good play would continue in 2006 so we stayed with Tournament threads, however, his year wasn't good so we got pretty much what you posted about--a Tournament thread with only a few posts. Sadly his play didn't pick up this year either.
So what was done in his Forum was a thread for the time of the tennis season like "grass court season" or like right now he is playing in Europe so the thread has his name and the words "in Europe". It just breaks things up a bit instead of just one long thread. I'm trying to come up with something for Kris' Forum that will draw people into it and if they do want to post it will be clearer to them where they should post. Of course Kris could help us out greatly if he would win more, but we have no control over that :sad: Let me know what you think? May be you have some better ideas that will help the Forum? Sorry I didn't mean to write a book :o

Nymeria
10-19-2007, 01:05 PM
atm I don't think anything would help, except for maybe a thread saying "readers would you like to post? And how can we help to make it more attractive for you" :lol: but even then I doubt it helps :p

Oh that would be fine for me, having threads for parts of the season, indoor, american hardcourt, clay, grass... as long as it's more tournies together so a thread gets at least over the 40 posts. :shrug: would like to see more peoples opinion, but sadly there are no other posters :p

Nymeria
10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
btw. whole books posts are good for the forum, sadly not for your wrist so be careful :p

10-20-2007, 06:05 AM
atm I don't think anything would help, except for maybe a thread saying "readers would you like to post? And how can we help to make it more attractive for you" :lol: but even then I doubt it helps :p

Oh that would be fine for me, having threads for parts of the season, indoor, american hardcourt, clay, grass... as long as it's more tournies together so a thread gets at least over the 40 posts. :shrug: would like to see more peoples opinion, but sadly there are no other posters :p
Actually may be it is better this way because there are only two of us that has to agree on the way things are done here :lol: There have been fights in Forums because people couldn't agree :boxing: Since we both agree on threads for parts of the season let's start doing that--not that there is much season left now anyway :sad: Kris we need you to start playing better. Because nothing helps a Forum more than wins :)

10-20-2007, 06:11 AM
btw. whole books posts are good for the forum, sadly not for your wrist so be careful :p
Right you are there :) But sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough and I just start going on and on :rolleyes: While you said exactly what I was trying to say in a much, much shorter post :bowdown:

Nymeria
10-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Actually may be it is better this way because there are only two of us that has to agree on the way things are done here :lol: There have been fights in Forums because people couldn't agree :boxing: Since we both agree on threads for parts of the season let's start doing that--not that there is much season left now anyway :sad: Kris we need you to start playing better. Because nothing helps a Forum more than wins :)

We'll continue with that thread for the rest of the season now and then we start a new one in january for the start of the season and we'll jus see when we start another one :yeah:

Nymeria
10-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Right you are there :) But sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough and I just start going on and on :rolleyes: While you said exactly what I was trying to say in a much, much shorter post :bowdown:

I know exactly what you say there, I often have the same problem. Esp. in English. :p

10-21-2007, 03:22 AM
I know exactly what you say there, I often have the same problem. Esp. in English. :p
Your English is great :) In fact if I just read a post of your's and knew nothing about you I would think you were from a country where English was the main language :worship:

10-21-2007, 03:24 AM
We'll continue with that thread for the rest of the season now and then we start a new one in january for the start of the season and we'll jus see when we start another one :yeah:
Good idea :yeah: And let's just hope Kris plays better in 2008 :angel:

Nymeria
10-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Your English is great :) In fact if I just read a post of your's and knew nothing about you I would think you were from a country where English was the main language :worship:

That's sweet of you to say that :)

Would you believe that I had lots of problems passing my English exams at highschool? At the end I only passed the subject with a 5.6 (lowest grade to pass is a 5,5 the highest a 10... ) :p

Nymeria
10-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Good idea :yeah: And let's just hope Kris plays better in 2008 :angel:

Yep :bounce: I am sure better times will come :)

10-22-2007, 03:02 AM
That's sweet of you to say that :)

Would you believe that I had lots of problems passing my English exams at highschool? At the end I only passed the subject with a 5.6 (lowest grade to pass is a 5,5 the highest a 10... ) :p
I never would have believed that at all :eek: Something happened because you are great with English now :D

10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Yep :bounce: I am sure better times will come :)
Kom op Kristof :) Finish this year strong and have a great 2008 ;)

Nymeria
10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I never would have believed that at all :eek: Something happened because you are great with English now :D

I finished school in summer 2002, a few months later I joined mtf... that's what happened :p

10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I finished school in summer 2002, a few months later I joined mtf... that's what happened :p
You improved your English that much by posting here :eek:

Nymeria
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
You improved your English that much by posting here :eek:

yep... if you compare my English now with the English in those first posts of mine... it's a big difference, and sometimes I wonder how I could make such unlogical sentences :lol:

10-26-2007, 07:20 AM
yep... if you compare my English now with the English in those first posts of mine... it's a big difference, and sometimes I wonder how I could make such unlogical sentences :lol:
May be I should go back and see if I can find those first posts :aplot: :p

10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I did this post and it shows up in the thread, but it never did show up as the last post :confused: I don't know what is going on :rolleyes: So I thought I would post again to see if it will work now?

Nymeria
10-28-2007, 08:42 AM

That's fine... should I make it easier to tell you where they are? :p

I did this post and it shows up in the thread, but it never did show up as the last post :confused: I don't know what is going on :rolleyes: So I thought I would post again to see if it will work now?
That's reallys trange, but seems it's just in the thread... but good you did repost it, otherwise I prolly wouldn't have seen you had posted

10-30-2007, 04:50 AM
That's fine... should I make it easier to tell you where they are? :p

That's reallys trange, but seems it's just in the thread... but good you did repost it, otherwise I prolly wouldn't have seen you had posted
That's why I did the repost so you would know I had been here :) Because I had posted that, but since it didn't show up you didn't know I had posted here :sad: Actually I have had trouble with MTF in general and then I had that one problem just in this forum. I don't know what is going on :confused: I think I can find your early posts, but the way you talk about them I might not want to see them :p

Nymeria
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I wouldn't care about people reading my bad English... first of all because English is not my first language and I should already be proud that I am able to have convo's in this language. Then of course I don't mind they see them, because those people can also see how much my English improved in the years :p

I was wondering... now the atp season is over (ah well there are still some smaller oturnies of course, but I've no idea if Kris will take part there)... should we start an offseason-thread? That the forums is still a bit active when there is no play? :)