10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
On To The Next Title !!!

Xristos
10-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Finally!!

Eden
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Rafas preview interview

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/TournamentInterview/0,,11444~1134425,00.html

Xristos
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
So Roger plays on Wednesday..

2 more days!

Xristos
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Wait, this thread is for Rafa not Roger!

MariaV
10-14-2007, 08:42 PM
:lol: X, Rafa will probably play on Tuesday then. :) VAMOS! :banana: :yippee: :bigclap:

sonia
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
:woohoo: Rafa's going to play again!!! :yeah: VAMOS! :biclap:

natinhall
10-15-2007, 03:09 AM
The draw is so difficult. Everybody is picking Nole to the final against Federer. I hope Nadal can surprise all (I think he can surprise).

VAMOS!!! :yippee: :bigclap:

Xristos
10-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Stuff Djoke, Rafa is the man. Im soo stick of Nole this Nole that.

Vamoooos Rafa show them your better then Nole.

linus
10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Rafa, welcome back on court :rocker:

Xristos
10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
1 more day!

yana
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Interesting draw. C'mon Rafa, it's time for another title!

MariaV
10-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Rafa and Feli Lopez lost the doubles 1st rd today 7-6 (8) 3-6 9-11 to Fernando Gonzales and Andre Sa. :( :(
I hope he is not too disappointed and is feeling OK. :hug: :hug:

Xristos
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Bad luck :sad:

RogiRafaFan86
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
The match wasn't really about winning anyway. They played very well, all things considered. Sa & Gonzalez are great doubles players. Rafa got to play a match before his singles match, which is what he wanted. Feli got to work on some things before he faces Ferrer. It's all good. I hope they had a good time.

MariaV
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
The first match of the evening session as expected.

PISTA CENTRAL
Not Before 8:00 PM
Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)

MariaV
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
While I'm posting tonight...
Gonzalez & Sa Dismiss Lopez & Nadal in First Round

Oct. 16, 2007 - The Chilean-Brazilian duo of Fernando Gonzalez and Andre Sa made their partnership debut with a 6-7(6), 6-3, 11-9 (Match TB) victory over Spaniards Feliciano Lopez and Rafael Nadal on Tuesday at the Mutua Madrilena Masters Madrid.

Gonzalez and Sa saved all four break point chances faced in the first set and denied the Spaniard any further opportunities, dropping just three points on serve in the second set. They pulled through in the Match Tie-break to close out the win in one hour and 38 minutes.

Lopez and Nadal, playing in their 13th tournament together, fall to a 10-11 record as a duo. They made their debut with a first round loss in 2003 at Barcelona, and two years later at the same event reached their team's only doubles final (l. to Paes-Zimonjic). The Spaniards were looking for their first win of 2007 after teaming up to opening round losses at Indian Wells and Queen's Club.

Gonzalez and Sa next face fourth seeds Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi, who are coming off of the title win in Stockholm. Bjorkman and Mirnyi reached the Madrid semifinals last year.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/doubles/

GRANDE_MILAN
10-19-2007, 06:11 AM
What a marvelous match between Nadal and Murray was played yesterday! :bigclap: Persistent rivalry, beautiful attacks, selfless play in defence. The most part of the match, it seemed that scot played better, but Nadal every time took out games thanks to his first-rate class and furious mood. Final result - 7:6, 6:4 in favour of spaniard.

P.S. From Real's players only Serhio Ramos with his girlfriend was at the stand.

Xristos
10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Pics of Ramos' gf?

Foxy
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Something interesting.
Our commentator in Bulgaria started to cry after one of the points. Obviously he couldn't stop his tears of the beauty of the game.

Great match!

Cat123
10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
It was pretty great wasn't it? I felt kinda bad for being unpatriotic though. I usually want Andy to win, unless he's playing Rafa! It was one of those matches you don't want either to lose.

MariaV
10-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah, that was some great tennis. :D

Btw Sergio Ramos sat through both Rafa and Feli matches. I guess they're pretty good mates. :lol:

cc2monac
10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
rafa lost to nalby in a poor match 1/6 2/6...congrats to nalby and for rafa...:hug:
we all know he wasn't at his best...at least he defended his point from last year
I hope he will be in a better form at paris (if he plays)

natinhall
10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Im scared. Nadal was awful. Nalby played good, but nothing extraordinary. Just Rafa played so bad. Unfortunately Nole will be n.2 soon, he is playing very well in all courts.And Nadal is so bad. Every year in the second half he plays bad, and has insignificant results, except 2005. Im sad, not because he lost, because he didnt have determination and desire to win.Seems he was not worried, was indifferent and inattentive. He was very strange. I was so happy and trustful after de match against Murray. Now Im sad and dispirited. I hope he will better in Paris. I want he better in hard courts.

BTW, the problem is not Nole be n. 2 but Rafa continues playing bad, especially in hard courts.

hra87
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I had so much hope after that murray match...
This is awful, it doesn't even help that I'm a Nalbandian fan.

natinhall
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
And I think he needs other coach. Toni helped Rafa a lot, but he needs other coach that can teach him to play in hard courts. Or just help him improve. I like Toni, but I think he can't help Rafa in hard.

Sunset of Age
10-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi people :wavey:

Indeed, Rafa got blown off court today, but I think we should all realize that Nalby was playing his absolute A++-level - I can't remember having him seen playing THIS level ever before (yes, that includes that match in Shanghai 2005 where he beat Fed).

There was not much Raf could do about it, and apparently, he took his loss quite lightly, at least in his post-match presser.
Hope we'll see him back in Paris real soon.

hra87
10-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Do you have a link to the interview?

Hopefully Fat Dave will take it all. "I dislike Djokovic" doesn't say enough.

World Beater
10-20-2007, 05:28 AM
i dont usually come here. But i wanted to tip my hat to nadal. I have been very impressed with rafa over the last two years. Guy is becoming a huge legend. Good luck to him and hope he can maintain his health.

l_mac
10-21-2007, 12:01 AM
From the sublime to the ridiculous with Rafa this week.

natinhall
10-21-2007, 12:58 AM

Yeah..Last match was sad and revolting. Ridiculous is the word to describe the game. Really sad. And he said in the press conference he didn't know what to do in court, he didnt have tatics to the match against Nalby. I don't and i can't understand this. :confused:

Anyone knows if Rafa will play MS Paris yet?

Sunset of Age
10-21-2007, 01:09 AM

Yeah..Last match was sad and revolting. Ridiculous is the word to describe the game. Really sad. And he said in the press conference he didn't know what to do in court, he didnt have tatics to the match against Nalby. I don't and i can't understand this. :confused:

Both of you are a little bit too harsh on Rafa I think - and show a little too less respect for Dave's awesome playing (mind you, if he plays like that tomorrow in the finals, don't be too surprise if he... surprises you!).

Of course, Raf wasn't playing all too well (understatement here), but fact is, he NEVER ever played Dave before, and as such isn't accustomed to his style of playing. He simply got confronted with an opponent he never played before AND that did exactly the right things to destruct his own game.

This is not an uncommon phenomenon in tennis: players often need some experience in playing certain players before they 'figure out' that opponent's game (Federer is an excellent example of this: he used to lose from opponents who are now considered his 'pigeons').

As this was Raf's first ever confrontation with Nalby, I trust him to be able to compete with him a lot better when he plays him more often, and as such will be able to figure out Nalby's playing style. :yeah:

l_mac
10-21-2007, 01:39 AM
^^ I agree that Nalby played fantastically well - I loooove David and have no problem giving him props, he utterly deserved that win and would have likely won even if Rafa was playing near his best because his game suits the surface far better. However, Rafa played like crap. Really, really horribly. But it happens, and it was too bad for him that he played like crap against a player of Nalby's quality on one if his increasingly rare "on" days.

I liked the handshake and hug at the end. I love that they're pals :)

Rafa is still in Madrid training, hopefully he will play Paris this year and get a few more matches in before Shangahi.

natinhall
10-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Both of you are a little bit too harsh on Rafa

^^ I agree that Nalby played fantastically well - I loooove David and have no problem giving him props, he utterly deserved that win and would have likely won even if Rafa was playing near his best because his game suits the surface far better. However, Rafa played like crap. Really, really horribly. But it happens, and it was too bad for him that he played like crap against a player of Nalby's quality on one if his increasingly rare "on" days.

I agree I_mac.

I love Nalby and he played very well. I just think Rafa could play better. Ok, he never played agaisnt Nalby before. Cuz this, he should stay focused all the time, because Nalby is a very hard opponent. And Rafa was completely inattentive. He could lost, but fighting. He was very strange. I think this was his worst game.

Rafa is still in Madrid training, hopefully he will play Paris this year and get a few more matches in before Shangahi.

Thanks. :) . I hope he stay better to play in Paris, he must play well in Paris, he needs confidence to Shangai.

Foxy
10-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I agree with all of you but...
Rafa did play Nalby a few times. He said so. It is true it was not in a tournament but it is something. I remember a clay match 76 64 for Rafa this season if I am not mistaken(friendly match). So the excuse that it was the first time they play together is not reasonable enough. Moreover, by the same logic Nalby also play Rafa for the first time in a tournament.

Anyway. Good luck to Rafa for the rest of the season.

Castafiore
10-21-2007, 11:05 AM

I agree with you as well, l_mac.

and I like the fact that they're friends as well. I've always been a bit of a supporter of Nalby. One of my favorite Nalby matches was when he beat Murray in a 5-setter in front of Murray's home crowd in Wimbledon. I loved that. That public was so loud and "in your face" but Nalby just clenched his teeth and worked himself towards a victory.

Foxy
10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Congrats to Nalby. He beat in a row Rafa, Nole, Rogelio.
I am so impressed. Great job!

l_mac
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
i dont usually come here. But i wanted to tip my hat to nadal. I have been very impressed with rafa over the last two years. Guy is becoming a huge legend. Good luck to him and hope he can maintain his health.

Hmm! Contrast this with what I read in the Fed forum :

and it takes a psycho OCD ridden moonballer to beat federer on clay.

:haha:

Rafa practised again today in Madrid.

MariaV
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm glad that World Beater doesn't have any OCD. :D :bigwave:
He/she's a hata btw. ;)

Some GREAT tennis from Fit Dave! :hatoff: :worship: :bowdown:
I liked people calling so this now in GM. :lol:
I'm really glad he's doing well again and I could watch this final without being nervous or anything, just enjoy some great tennis. :D
Better luck in Paris for Rafa. :hug: :hug:

Castafiore
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
You have a funny way of showing that elsewhere on MTF.

natinhall
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Did Rafa play MS Paris before? How did he play there?

cmurray
10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Did Rafa play MS Paris before? How did he play there?

only once.

hra87
10-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I have a feeling Rafa will play Paris this year, he'll be well rested, I don't think his knees are bothering him, and he'll probably want some matches before Shanghai. I expect Roger won't, of course, that would be 4 straight weeks of tennis. Djokovic probably will. And then all of the masters cup contenders. Should be really intersting this year.

Rafa's #1 hopes aren't looking too good though. Assuming Roger wins Basel, he'd need a win at Paris (without Roger competing) and Shanghai and then AO (assuming Roger goes to semis in Shanghai and Final in AO). Oh well, I've mostly stopped caring about #1.

MariaV
10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't think getting to the No. 1 spot is all that important for Rafa at the moment. He needs to take care of the knees, finish the season on a positive note and get a good preparation for the AO. :D
And yes I'm sure he'll play Paris, hopefully he'll get a nice draw there. :)

natinhall
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately, now I think Rafa needs to worry with Djokovic. The No. 1 spot is so far for the time being. Nole is close. And, until AO, all the tournaments are great to Nole, not much to Rafa. Nole doesn't have many points to defend until AO. Probably after Shanghai, Djoko will be too much close to Rafa.

l_mac
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, now I think Rafa needs to worry with Djokovic. The No. 1 spot is so far for the time being. Nole is close. And, until AO, all the tournaments are great to Nole, not much to Rafa. Nole doesn't have many points to defend until AO. Probably after Shanghai, Djoko will be too much close to Rafa.

If Roger wins Basel I believe that he has the #1 mathematically safe. Rafa doesn't have many points apart from the 200 from last years MC to defend till the AO. Djokovic won one of the AO warm ups this year.

natinhall
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
If Roger wins Basel I believe that he has the #1 mathematically safe. Rafa doesn't have many points apart from the 200 from last years MC to defend till the AO. Djokovic won one of the AO warm ups this year.

But, adding AO, Rafa has 525 pts to defend ( MC:200, Chennai:75, AO:250), and Djoko defends just 325 pts (Adelaide:175, AO:150). Probably, Djoko will earn many points in Shanghai,AO and Paris (I think more than Rafa)and will be much close.

Rafa will need to improve a lot in hard courts, cuz next year will be extremely hard and complicated to secure the n. 2 spot.:sad:

I hope he can make great tournaments in Paris and Shanghai. Will be needed.

hra87
10-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't mind if Murray or Gasquet suddenly improved and became #2. Or I guess now, Nalbandian. But not Djokovic. Ugh...

Sunset of Age
10-23-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't mind the ranking positions at all when it concerns my favourites (yes, that's plural :p) as long as they manage to maintain their health and be active on the tour as long as possible.

hra87
10-23-2007, 01:44 AM
I wouldn't want Nadal to end up playing like Safin is nowadays. I don't like looking at him, I like watching him play, and the Safin of 2007 is not the Safin I enjoy watching play. If Rafa plays solid tennis for a long career, great. I'm not a fan of Roger, but I definitely don't want to see him like that either.

natinhall
10-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Of course, my favourites will be always my favourites, independent of ranking positions.But just because this I want them in the top of ranking. I prefer them in the top than any position. Like hra87, I love Safin, and I dont like to watch him playing so bad. And obvious, I prefer Rafa in #2 spot than #3.

MariaV
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh I agree with you both. I don't want to see Roger lose, I'm just not used to it any more. :lol: :o :o But I'm sure he'll have a few more excellent years at the top. And I hope Rafa will be fine physically and of course stay at No 2. Djoker is the only top player I'm not too fond of.
I guess Safin will give it the last try next year if his knees and wrist will be OK but he surely won't just hang around like that much longer, he's said that and he's not that kind of guy.

World Beater
10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Hmm! Contrast this with what I read in the Fed forum :

Rafa practised again today in Madrid.

i meant it as a compliment. Rafa has unbelievable concentration. Thats where it comes from. Honestly i was not terribly impressed in 05 but he has really impressed since 06. OCD comes from his bottle arranging and his psycho like concentration.

dont worry. i like to rib federer quite a bit too but you guys would never search for those posts. Sometimes im not serious. I call david nalbandian "fat dave" and djokovic "fakervic" but i do it for fun. David imo is in great physical shape and i dont think he is fat at all. djokovic "faking" is blown out of proportion. He's done it a few times but not all the time.

i will call nadal a moonballer and make fun of his ass once in a while but you wont see me dismiss his amazing abilities. bottomline is that i like seeing quality tennis and nadal is one of those who provides it.

hopefully you guys can spot the difference between when im not serious versus when i am. If you cant, its your loss not mine.:)

btw some posts are designed as troll bait for posters like RFK. Just dont bite!