Stockholm [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stockholm

higherlaw
10-06-2007, 08:49 PM
arnaud has never played this torunament.

here is his section the of draw (finally, a qualifier in the first round!)

(7) Ivo Karlovic (CRO) - Nicolas Massu (CHI)
Carlos Berlocq (ARG) - (WC) Joachim Johansson (SWE)
Arnaud Clement (FRA) - Qualifier
(WC) Michael Ryderstedt - David Ferrer (ESP)

Via
10-07-2007, 11:20 PM
that's one round to be hopeful for, lol :p

i hope we'll hear from irina soon.

ps. arnaud/mika have also entered the doubles. go champs!

kukka
10-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Arnaud's first round opponent is lucky loser Max Mirnyi... Not the easiest opponent...

Elina

Hangdog
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
that's one round to be hopeful for, lol :p

i hope we'll hear from irina soon.

ps. arnaud/mika have also entered the doubles. go champs!

:wavey:
Sorry to say that but I didn't happen to meet Arnaud in Stockholm. I was leaving in Monday evening and Arnaud and Micka were coming in the late Monday evening, so no chance. But at least they won a title in Metz. And I have finally got enough time to enjoy the city! :)

Looks like today they won their first round in doubles beating Butorac and Sa (he is such a cutie!!!) 3/6 6/3 11/9

I saw the qualifying match of Mirnyi which he lost and a lot of Max in general, I think Arnaud shouldn't get a lot of troubles playing against him in singles.

Well, just hope the Frenchies will have a good time in Stockholm.

Via
10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
:wavey: great to hear back from you! looks like everything is going to plan for you, that's fantastic. too bad about not seeing arnaud and mika, we didn't anticipate it's the doubles that was holding them up.

who else did you see, did you work that camera hard? ;)

higherlaw
10-10-2007, 01:18 AM
:wavey:
Sorry to say that but I didn't happen to meet Arnaud in Stockholm. I was leaving in Monday evening and Arnaud and Micka were coming in the late Monday evening, so no chance. But at least they won a title in Metz. And I have finally got enough time to enjoy the city! :)

Looks like today they won their first round in doubles beating Butorac and Sa (he is such a cutie!!!) 3/6 6/3 11/9

I saw the qualifying match of Mirnyi which he lost and a lot of Max in general, I think Arnaud shouldn't get a lot of troubles playing against him in singles.

Well, just hope the Frenchies will have a good time in Stockholm.

:wavey: Thanks for the report. Should I rename this thread "Stockholm: Under Hangdog's control"? lol

I hope you're having the great time you expected. Look forward to your postings!

Hangdog
10-10-2007, 08:11 PM
As it was predicted, 6/3 6/2 against Mirnyi and Arnaud is moving to the next round to face there a Swedish WC called Ryderstedt. Seems I saw this guy practising on Monday but then I thought he was someone's sparring partner :o Arnaud just should not lose his concentration and everything will be alright.
:wavey: great to hear back from you! looks like everything is going to plan for you, that's fantastic. too bad about not seeing arnaud and mika, we didn't anticipate it's the doubles that was holding them up.

who else did you see, did you work that camera hard? ;)
Well, you remember I mentioned before leaving I wouldn't be surprised if Arnaud goes for a title in Metz. I relaxed a bit when I saw the singles draw but anyway there still were doubles... So not everything went so according to my plan, you know, but the main thing is that I got back at home after all. Some friends of mine have got great doubts I'll be back to Russia after a trip like this lol

As for who else, in fact I saw almost all seed players and a number of other guys. But I cared mostly about getting some info about Metz rather than taking pictures so my camera was quite relaxed. Though today I've had a look at the photos, somehow there is a few not bad.
:wavey: Thanks for the report. Should I rename this thread "Stockholm: Under Hangdog's control"? lol

I hope you're having the great time you expected. Look forward to your postings!
lol Unfortunately, in my case it's more a kind of "out-of-control" since I could catch no Frenchies. So at the best I can only provide you with some info about Arnaud's rivals...

Via
10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
yes lucky for him, ferrer has gone missing and he should get an easy 2nd round.

i suppose it isn't bad experience at a tourney to be able to see most of the guys... but it's quality not quantity that matters, isn't it. there was a time when i would be pretty down not finding arnaud at a tournament that i had planned a long time for! anyway, good to hear you're still alive and well :hug:

higherlaw
10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Arnaud had to work hard to win against local boy Ryderstedt 76(2) 36 63. Hope Irina was there :) .

He'll have to play either Karlovic or PimPim...

Later tonight Arnaud and Mika play doubles vs Paukku/Prpic.

higherlaw
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, it will be Karlovic for the 4th time this year. PimPim pulled out with an illness.

kiwi10is
10-12-2007, 04:30 PM
He lost in Stockholm today but he reached the maindraw in Madrid because Roddick and Hewitt withdrew

higherlaw
10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Arnaud had to work hard to win against local boy Ryderstedt 76(2) 36 63. Hope Irina was there :) .

irina I just re-read your post and see that you had already left...sorry for you.

He lost in Stockholm today but he reached the maindraw in Madrid because Roddick and Hewitt withdrew

[7] I Karlovic (CRO) d A Clement (FRA) 76(1) 36 76(7)

Thanks for the good news on Madrid!:cool:

Via
10-12-2007, 10:47 PM
:bounce: also in the doubles semis

kukka
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Arnaud & Mika are through to the doubles final in Stockholm! :D

Anne-Claire
10-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Great! Good luck guys :)

kukka
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Final: Jonas Björkman & Max Mirnyi def. Arnaud Clément & Michaël Llodra 6-4, 6-4 :sad:

Elina

Marine
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Definitly a s.... week-end :bigcry:
They were not inspired.

Via
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
well, mirnyi gets his revenge, and bjorkman delights his home crowd. btw they may also be aiming for shanghai, being #10 in the doubles race last week.

also karlovic takes out the singles title, so perhaps arnaud can take heart in their close match.