Who's going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's going?

alex.2812
09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm living Göteborg and I would like to go to the tournament on Friday, October 12th.

Where does the tournament take place ?

Is it in the city center ? I think I would stay in Stockholm only 1 day so perhaps the morning I would like to visit a little and in the afternoon, watching matches.

Is the train station far from the city center and the tournament's place ?

It would be nice to meet some people of this forum who go there !!

Just let me know any useful tips you can think of !

Tack sa mycket !

Alexis.

:wavey:

Nathaliia
09-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey, train station is just at the city center and the tennis courts are around 30-40 minutes of walk from there (depends on how fast you walk :p) - it's at the city's tennis hall. But you can go by subway (subway station few steps from railway station), it's like 3 stops :scratch: and then you walk smth like 7 minutes to the courts.

I reply cos I saw you have just started this topic so I wanted to give you a general idea, but I'll send a link to this thread to the person who big time helped me last year and surely he'll help you when he's online.

:wavey:

Nathaliia
09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh, here is the map I was using last year. You need to go with red subway line and your destinantion stop is "Gardet"

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/a/af/600px-Stockholm_metro_map.png

alex.2812
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Thank you very much ! Is there much to see in the city center ?

And in case I would like to stay one night, what is the cheapest place to sleep ?

Sommarsverige
09-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Thank you very much ! Is there much to see in the city center ?

And in case I would like to stay one night, what is the cheapest place to sleep ?

Stockholm is a very beautiful city and depending on what you are interested in, there are many sights in the city center. Just to name a few, there is the outdoor museum Skansen with many animals, the royal palace, the viking boat "Wasa" which was restored and is a museum now, the old town "Gamla Stan", "Stadshuset" from where you have a wonderful view over the city.

To see all the beauties of Stockholm you surely need longer, but I would say these are some of the nicest places :)

There are lots of hostels and backpackers in Stockholm, so I think for one night this would be the cheapest possibility.
Here is a link to a site where you can find lots of information about the hostels:
http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/Accomodation.aspx?id=7136&&epslanguage=EN