which racquets do the pros use? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

which racquets do the pros use?

çarlistonbiber
09-19-2007, 06:30 AM
which racquets do the pros use?
i read the comments below

actually roger uses a custom original prostaff 6.0 its a bit heavier and stable than the stock. its the same racket hes used through all his career, the only thing that changes is the paint job.

Most pros rackets are customized. Federers racket has the K factor paint job, but its way different from what you buy at a tennis shop.

he doesnt actually use it, none of the pros actually use the rackets they say they do...its just painted to look like it

so its true??? i just got k factor and when i learn that this is true i will be very dpressed:(

Peoples
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
For some players (Safin etc) it's true but in this case it's a rumor and not likely to be true. He was more involved with the design process of the K factor than any player before, to ensure it's perfect (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/03/21/stfede21.xml ). Why waste this effort if he isn't gonna use it.

jazar
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Why waste this effort if he isn't gonna use it.

because his name sells and some players are on contracts where they earn bonuses from the sale of their signature rackets

Peoples
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
because his name sells and some players are on contracts where they earn bonuses from the sale of their signature rackets
If he wants to max sales figures he might as well leave everything to the company. But he spent a lot of time with the engineers making sure it fits his personal needs.

jazar
09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
If he wants to max sales figures he might as well leave everything to the company. But he spent a lot of time with the engineers making sure it fits his personal needs.

he doesnt want to maximise sales, but because the racket bears his name, he receives bonuses depending on its sales. plus he does use the 85 square inch head and has done for years

trixtah
09-20-2007, 06:25 AM
A lot of pros use a custom paintjob but even if they do use the racket that they're advertising, it's highly customized and would not feel even close to what you could purchase stock. Djokovic for instance makes me laugh--my Wilson rep tells me the nBlade has been flying off the shelves--in reality, he does use an "nBlade" (mold) with custom drilled holes to simulate the feel of his previous Head racket.

What is true however is that the new kfactor racket closely imitates the stats more than the ncode one, but even that isn't saying much (for Roger's).