Edberg, Larsson, Gustafsson, Apell played tennis on the roof of Scandinavium Arena! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Edberg, Larsson, Gustafsson, Apell played tennis on the roof of Scandinavium Arena!

STE...fans
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi, this is an article from Davis Cup.org (http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14240). That must have been a great event!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Swedish high hopes

GOTHENBURGH. The pre-match hype for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal tie between USA and Sweden is already in full flow. Old Swedish Davis Cup legends literally took to the roof of the Scandinavium arena in Gothenburg, where the semifinal is due to take place.

“We have invited some of Sweden’s old Davis Cup-heroes to play tennis at a high level. This is our way of underlining the fact that it will be tennis of absolute world class standard here in the Scandinavium arena in Gothenburg, on the 21-23 September,” said Leif Nilsson, vice CEO of Göteborg & Co, the city’s official marketing and destination company.

The players that took part in the ‘top’ tennis spectacle were Stefan Edberg, Magnus Larsson, Jan Apell and Magnus Gustafsson, all of whom had a successful and decorated Davis Cup history. Also there were Carl-Axel Hageskog, the old Davis Cup-team captain and the current and assistant captain, Jocke Nyström. Edberg and Larsson beat, Gustafsson and Apell in two tiebreaks, 11-9, 9-7 in a highly competitive match.

“It was a unique experience to play on this roof and I think it went tremendously well”, said Stefan Edberg. He went on to talk about Sweden’s chances in the semifinal against the strong US line up. “The US-team is indeed very good, but Sweden has shown its capacity in previous games, defeating American teams before in the Scandinavium,” Edberg commented.

There is sure to be a lot of local support for the Swedish team with tickets for the first day's play almost sold out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch all the pictures on my site (http://stefanstennis.free.fr)

Kolya
10-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice and thanks for the pics.

I think I've seen a lot of your Edberg clips on YouTube.