Your Round Robin group is a Wonderland (TMC Thread, no we're not joking he's there) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your Round Robin group is a Wonderland (TMC Thread, no we're not joking he's there)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Fumus
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Check your pulse it's proof that you're not listening to
The call your life's been issuing you
The rhythm of a line of idle days

He's playing in Bangkok in two weeks...then Madrid, Lyon, Paris...and the Cup.

Did I miss anything?

Let's pickup a Master's shield Andy.

<>-------------------------------------------------------<>

Andy's The "Great indoors" tentative schedule.

Bangkok - SEPT 22nd
Hanging out doing events in the US...Not even going to Vienna/Toyko(probably)- OCTOBER 7th
Madrdid AMS - OCTOBER 15th
Lyon - OCTOBER 22nd
Paris AMS - OCTOBER 28th
Shanghai TMC- NOVEMBER 11th

MisterQ
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
He's bigger than his body now. :rocker2: :worship:

Fumus
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
He's bigger than his body now. :rocker2: :worship:

Waiting on the world [number 1] to change? :devil:

Jade Fox
09-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Waiting on the world [number 1] to change? :devil:

Nah, he's just Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.;) :p

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 08:43 PM
John Mayer :worship:

He thinks Roger's body is a wonderland :aplot:

kaylee
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
ugh really???

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Nah, he's just Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.;) :p

:spit:

Something's Missing (like another title) :awww:

Duh. ;)

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Duh. ;)

Andy just wants to be Comfortable with Roger. :awww:

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 09:47 PM

But Roger Doesn't Trust Himself with Loving Andy :awww:

Jade Fox
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM

But Roger's Doesn't Trust Himself with Loving Andy :awww:

Andy won't stand for that. He wants Fed to Come Back to Bed.;)

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM
:awww:

That's why Andy is always asking him to Come Back to Bed then :awww:

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Great minds. Oh wow.

:haha:

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 09:53 PM
:haha: Awesome.

Roger needs some Clarity. Andy is obviously his Only Heart.

Jade Fox
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Great minds. Oh wow.

Seriously.:worship: :lol:

But with the way Roger's manwhoring, Andy might be Dreaming With a Broken Heart.:awww:

We have completely hijacked this thread! Whoo hoo! :rocker2:

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 09:58 PM
:ras: Andy's Gonna Find Another Roger.

I know, totally derailed on the first page. And by slash. :lol:

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 09:58 PM
:haha: Awesome.

Roger needs some Clarity. Andy is obviously his Only Heart.

Poor Andrew. :awww:

Seriously.:worship: :lol:

But with the way Roger's manwhoring, Andy might be Dreaming With a Broken Heart.:awww:

We have completely hijacked this thread! Whoo hoo! :rocker2:

:rocker2:

Jade Fox
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
:ras: Andy's Gonna Find Another Roger.

But those other Rogers can be Vultures.:eek:

Of course Andy might have Belief that the real Roger's worth fighting for.:p

Okay I'll stop now.:D

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't! :haha:

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Andy and Roger belong together, they want Daughters :sobbing:

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
:spit: :haha:

They have a City Love :hearts:

Jade Fox
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
And they'll discover there's No Such Thing as the real world, just a lie they got to rise above.

There, I'm done! I mean it!:p

meenyminymo
09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
But... but... Good Love is On the Way :awww:

Yeah that's right, I've moved onto John Mayer Trio. Suck on that.

Tytta!.
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
But... but... Good Love is On the Way :awww:

Yeah that's right, I've moved onto John Mayer Trio. Suck on that.

John Mayer Trio :tape:

John Mayer :hearts:

snaillyyy
09-12-2007, 01:02 AM
John:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Tytta!.
09-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Jooooohn :hearts:

snaillyyy
09-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I am quite Comfortable when I talk Back to You about my Belief in City Love:p

Tytta!.
09-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Carole's inspired tonight. Must be Whoreland.

Vamos Andrew :rocker2:

kaylee
09-12-2007, 02:05 AM
OMG *thud*

meenyminymo
09-12-2007, 02:41 AM
John is the best :inlove: :inlove:

Fumus
09-12-2007, 03:34 AM
I love you guys!!!

Wow John Mayer fans woot!!

I think Andy wants stop this train of consecutive losses to Roger, and ask the tennis world...who did you think I was?

blosson
09-12-2007, 07:24 AM
French and Spanish dads, watch out your DAUGHTERS, Andy is coming!

merce
09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I think Andy is In Repair,
he's not together but he's getting there :sobbing:

MissFairy
09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow, i have never seen so many John Mayer references in my life :rolls: I knew Re would like the title as soon as i saw it d:

Tytta!.
09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
John is the best :inlove: :inlove:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

I love you guys!!!

I think Andy wants stop this train of consecutive losses to Roger, and ask the tennis world...who did you think I was?

Thanks for the amazing thread title :kiss: :kiss:

Wow, i have never seen so many John Mayer references in my life :rolls: I knew Re would like the title as soon as i saw it d:

You know me so well. :kiss:

Fumus
09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Thanks for the amazing thread title :kiss: :kiss:

You know me so well. :kiss:

Well, actually years ago MisterQ made reference to Andy and "The Great indoors" I just decided to come up with the thread name before someone else made a thread for the season. So all due credit the funniest man at MTF...misterQ.

But I'm glad everyone is as excited as I am...for the indoor season.

Tytta!.
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Q is the best :worship: :crazy: :)

And yeah, I am looking forward to that :)

meenyminymo
09-12-2007, 05:55 PM
The fact that Andy likes John Mayer makes him awesome no matter how many times he loses :sobbing:

I can do this much better with another Andy favorite, The Killers:

Roger told Andy: "Andy, You're a Star. When You Were Young you were On Top but For Reason's Unknown you're not so great anymore. But you're still on My List."
Andy told Roger: "Believe me Natalie (I'm not sure why Andy called Roger Natalie :sobbing:) All These Things That I've Done are catching up to me, my Bones are tired, and Somebody Told Me you don't love me anymore. But I think Everything Will Be Alright."
Roger: "Andy you're always Mr. Brightside. I want that Home Life with you, I'm Not Myself without you around. Oh look, Vultures."

I'm so off my rocker :sobbing:. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it I was listening to the Killers. Then I went right back to John Mayer.
Oh and yes, I'm excited for the indoor season :o

Tytta!.
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Fumus
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Where did the killers come from?

Somebody told me, the Australian open will be Andy's.

jeahhh!
09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
The fact that Andy likes John Mayer makes him awesome no matter how many times he loses :sobbing:

Roger told Andy: "Andy, You're a Star. When You Were Young you were On Top but For Reason's Unknown you're not so great anymore. But you're still on My List."
Andy told Roger: "Believe me Natalie (I'm not sure why Andy called Roger Natalie :sobbing:) All These Things That I've Done are catching up to me, my Bones are tired, and Somebody Told Me you don't love me anymore. But I think Everything Will Be Alright."
Roger: "Andy you're always Mr. Brightside. I want that Home Life with you, I'm Not Myself without you around. Oh look, Vultures."

I'm so off my rocker :sobbing:. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it I was listening to the Killers. Then I went right back to John Mayer.
:spit: :haha: Mon,I love you :hearts:

Andy likes them

meenyminymo
09-12-2007, 06:49 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:spit: :haha: Mon,I love you :hearts:

:hug:

Aimee, I love you :inlove:

I don't know. I'm worried about my sanity :sobbing:

blosson
09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
As far as I know they The Killers are American from Las Vegas like Agassi. :p

Jade Fox
09-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Monica, I love your insanity. Fuck rational!:worship:

snaillyyy
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Mon :haha::worship::haha::worship: excellent :kiss:

TwistedDesire.
09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Woo I hope he plays well and wins a title etc etc.
He better pick up where he left off.
And for the DC too of course.

If not, well, we'll be bitches because we can. :)

Deboogle!.
09-13-2007, 12:17 AM
LOL, this thread! my first thought was "OMG Renata must have freaked out!"

meenyminymo
09-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Monica, I love your insanity. Fuck rational!:worship:

Mon :haha::worship::haha::worship: excellent :kiss:

:hug: :hug: I'm in a hugging mood today. I'm glad people like me when I'm my natural state of crazy :lol:.

Jade Fox
09-13-2007, 12:35 AM
:hug: :hug: I'm in a hugging mood today. I'm glad people like me when I'm my natural state of crazy :lol:.

Sanity is for losers. Long live the crazy!:rocker2: :banana:

jeahhh!
09-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Can I steal this quote for my crazy thread? because that would make a great motto.:o

snaillyyy
09-13-2007, 01:15 AM

:haha: :spit: I so agree and love it :banana: :banana: it has to go in my siggy:o

Tytta!.
09-13-2007, 01:41 AM
You know me too well, Deb. :kiss:

laure xxx
09-13-2007, 08:12 AM

Somebody told me, the Australian open will be Andy's.

The Killers were at the Australian Open last year. :hearts: Watching Andy. (Actually I think it was the SFs :o)

Jimnik
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Did I miss anything?

He's also on the entry list for Tokyo but you probably haven't missed anything. He was on it last year too but went straight to Vienna.

With Andy anything is possible. He will definitely not want to miss the Davis Cup final (IF they get past Sweden) so if there's even a hint of an injury he won't hesitate to withdraw from such unimportant events as Tokyo, Madrid, Paris and the TMC.

Fumus
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
He's also on the entry list for Tokyo but you probably haven't missed anything. He was on it last year too but went straight to Vienna.

With Andy anything is possible. He will definitely not want to miss the Davis Cup final (IF they get past Sweden) so if there's even a hint of an injury he won't hesitate to withdraw from such unimportant events as Tokyo, Madrid, Paris and the TMC.

Right Vienna...I forgot that one...

no no, I think he'll play the last 3 masters of the year...no matter what. :cool:

Fumus
09-13-2007, 05:01 PM
*UPDATED* the schedule in the first post

Winston's Human
09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I hope Andy plays Tokyo. A mid-tier hard court tournament like Tokyo might be Andy's best shot at Federer.

tangerine_dream
09-13-2007, 05:30 PM
If I had to choose between the two I'd rather Andy win DC this year than pick up a shield. He wants DC more than anything these days and I think if he won DC that would go a long way towards healing his damaged psyche.

Deboogle!.
09-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I agree. DC is top priority (especially since beating Sweden at home will be tough and that is what he has next anyway) for this year.

Fumus
09-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Did I miss anything?

<>-------------------------------------------------------<>

Andy's The "Great indoors" tentative schedule.

Bangkok - SEPT 22nd
Vienna - OCTOBER 7th
Madrdid AMS - OCTOBER 15th
Lyon - OCTOBER 22nd
Paris AMS - OCTOBER 28th
Shanghai TMC- NOVEMBER 11th

I agree. DC is top priority (especially since beating Sweden at home will be tough and that is what he has next anyway) for this year.

Andy always brushes off the indoor season but I find that the players who do well during the indoor season always post solid results at Australian Open the following year. I'd rather see Andy beat Roger during this season at some indoor event and pickup a shield than win DC, I think that would do more for his confidence and his career than a DC title for the US.

Deboogle!.
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
no i mean, don't get me wrong, it'd be great if he could have a good indoor season. he just doesn't seem to give it his full effort. of course, i think he would've won paris 2 years ago had he not hurt his back but whatever. I just think DC is a bigger priority. I mean, he should always want to do well and the indoor season is good for his game. I think winning DC would mean more to him than a masters shield or beating roger. and quite frankly, i think it's a more realistic goal at this point :shrug:

Fumus
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
no i mean, don't get me wrong, it'd be great if he could have a good indoor season. he just doesn't seem to give it his full effort. of course, i think he would've won paris 2 years ago had he not hurt his back but whatever. I just think DC is a bigger priority. I mean, he should always want to do well and the indoor season is good for his game. I think winning DC would mean more to him than a masters shield or beating roger. and quite frankly, i think it's a more realistic goal at this point :shrug:

More realistic?! It's very realistic that he could beat Roger on a fast surface like the indoors. Also with draws like last years Paris AMS had...pshhhh...he's had harder draws at tier 2 events.

Winning DC would be great, but it's more for his pride and helping tennis in the US...than it is for his career. Although I suppose Andy might feel a bit more accomplished after it. Even South Africa won a DC title...:p

Jade Fox
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Can I steal this quote for my crazy thread? because that would make a great motto.:o

Of course. Borrow away. It should be a motto for everyone.

:haha: :spit: I so agree and love it :banana: :banana: it has to go in my siggy:o

I'm in a siggy!:woohoo:

Deboogle!.
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
More realistic?! It's very realistic that he could beat Roger on a fast surface like the indoors. Also with draws like last years Paris AMS had...pshhhh...he's had harder draws at tier 2 events.

Winning DC would be great, but it's more for his pride and helping tennis in the US...than it is for his career. Although I suppose Andy might feel a bit more accomplished after it. Even South Africa won a DC title...:pIt's important because it's important to him. And that in itself would be pretty huge. Besides winning wimbledon, winning DC is like the major goal left in his career. I think if you'd ask Andy, he'd say he wouldn't care about beating roger or winning an indoor masters title, he wants to win DC, and I want to see him win it :D

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Right Vienna...I forgot that one...

no no, I think he'll play the last 3 masters of the year...no matter what. :cool:
No no, I just meant that he did that last year. He's not on the entry list for Vienna this year which to me does indeed show more ambition to play both Madrid and Paris. He'll almost certainly try to play Lyon too.

I hope Andy plays Tokyo. A mid-tier hard court tournament like Tokyo might be Andy's best shot at Federer.
Agreed, and it's a great opportunity to gain ranking points even after losing to Federer. If it was up to me, he'd skip Bangkok and go straight to Japan. I just hope he doesn't try to play both.

If I had to choose between the two I'd rather Andy win DC this year than pick up a shield. He wants DC more than anything these days and I think if he won DC that would go a long way towards healing his damaged psyche.

Well I'm sure if there was a choice he'd pick DC but off course it doesn't work that way. He could well easily win or lose both.

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Officially this is Andy's schedule right now:

Davis Cup SF
Bangkok
Tokyo
Madrid
Lyon
Paris
TMC

There's no way he'll play all those events. I think it's mostly just in case he loses early in one or two of them then he has a chance to redeem himself the following week. If it was up to me he would reduce it to this:

Davis Cup SF
Tokyo
Madrid
Paris
TMC

But knowing Andy it will probably be more like this:

Davis Cup SF
Bangkok *get injured* :tape: :rolleyes:
*go home and chill out for a few weeks*
TMC (maybe)

And then hopefully:

Davis Cup Final *fingers crossed*

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 12:52 AM
oh god nick you are right :sobbing:

I don't know why he ever signed up for Bangkok again, seriously. Didn't he learn anything from a couple years ago?!? I wish he'd just pull out. And why play Tokyo? It's outdoors, totally useless. Whatever, I tried to stop understanding his scheduling decisions a long time ago LOL

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 01:00 AM
oh god nick you are right :sobbing:

I don't know why he ever signed up for Bangkok again, seriously. Didn't he learn anything from a couple years ago?!? I wish he'd just pull out. And why play Tokyo? It's outdoors, totally useless. Whatever, I tried to stop understanding his scheduling decisions a long time ago LOL
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm guessing. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 01:02 AM
I know but.. it's odd for him to be messing with his schedule and packing this ridiculously busy fall season like he never has before. he's gotten hurt each of the last 3 falls. It's stupid and he doesn't need the money. I just don't understand why, he's generally been pretty good about putting his body first and not playing schedules like that especially in the fall at the end of the tough season. it's just bizarre to change it up now :scratch:

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Well, like I said, it's probably just in case he loses early in one of them, or something. In the unlikely event that the Davis Cup is decided in two days, he can get to Bangkok a day early and it won't be a problem. Off course if he loses in the first or second round there he'll have no problems playing Tokyo too.

I don't think he really believes that he'll play all of them.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Well then I don't understand why he signed up. That's pissy of him and I hate when players do that :p

meenyminymo
09-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Well then I don't understand why he signed up. That's pissy of him and I hate when players do that :p

I agree it bugs me. All I can think is that he was either terribly indecisive or he knew he'd just get injured and pull out of 3 or so tourneys. Or maybe he was high on something and thought he could do it...? :shrug: :p

He should play Paris, that's where everyone craps out he's got a real shot :o

I agree that Davis Cup is and should be priority, it's something he has been wanting for so long and it would do wonders for his mentality going into next year.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 02:06 AM
what really surprises me the most is that Jimmy allowed it :lol:

laure xxx
09-14-2007, 06:46 AM
He should play Paris, that's where everyone craps out he's got a real shot :o

Unfortunately, Andy is always one of those people who craps out in Paris (no matter what surface) :tape:

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
aw, not ALWAYS. He had a couple good runs there and some close matches, it's just at the end of the season and he seems to have gotten banged up the past few years just like most of the top guys really.

of course, he's going back to the US in the middle of all this (http://www.andyroddick.com/3538/join-andy-in-san-antonio/) so who the heck knows :rolleyes:

wait, that event is on Oct 3. Tokyo starts Oct 1. He also has events in the US on Oct. 9, 10, and 14. So there's no WAY he's playing Tokyo. what the hell??? And he's not even on the Vienna entry list so I'm not sure why you put that up there Ryan. And he has his charity event the night before Madrid starts on Oct 15. oh andy. you will never cease to amaze us :)

So his schedule will be: Bangkok (maybe)..... bunch of charity events in the US :o... Madrid (maybe), Lyon, Paris, Shanghai (maybe)

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he skipped Madrid and played only Lyon and Paris. He's never done well in Madrid and he probably thinks that Paris will have its usual weak field.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 10:37 AM
well that would be a very poor lame thing for him to do :o I mean his charity work is great but if he keeps putting it ahead of his CAREER no one will CARE about his charity stuff anymore :shrug:

Jimnik
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
It's annoying but like I said he's never done well in Madrid. In fact looking at his results there he has a 2-4 win-loss ratio. Maybe the altitude bothers him. :shrug: :o

Certainly it would be much worse to get injured and skip Paris and/or the TMC.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I know, it's just annoying that he doesn't even give it his full effort. :mad:

Fumus
09-14-2007, 03:07 PM
It's important because it's important to him. And that in itself would be pretty huge. Besides winning wimbledon, winning DC is like the major goal left in his career. I think if you'd ask Andy, he'd say he wouldn't care about beating roger or winning an indoor masters title, he wants to win DC, and I want to see him win it :D

Hmm...I concede. I guess I agree. I just think his year is definitly lacking a big result, I know you agree on that. If he doesn't win DC, a masters title would be a nice alternative to give Andy some momentum into next year, plus give this year some validation.

I put Vienna on the list because I am :retard:

Btw, Deb the reason why Andy is playing all this tournies is because Jimmy likes him to...Jimmy likes Andy to play alot of tennis. Although every time he does he ends up getting hurt.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Playing a lot of tennis is fine when it's smart. But he KNOWS what happens when he goes from Davis Cup to Bangkok!! I don't think Jimmy would advise smelling salts to stay awake on court LOL And then he's obviously not playing Tokyo so he has 2 weeks off after that so it's not as much tennis as it looks obviously. I just don't see Jimmy advocating stupidity :lol:

Fumus
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Playing a lot of tennis is fine when it's smart. But he KNOWS what happens when he goes from Davis Cup to Bangkok!! I don't think Jimmy would advise smelling salts to stay awake on court LOL And then he's obviously not playing Tokyo so he has 2 weeks off after that so it's not as much tennis as it looks obviously. I just don't see Jimmy advocating stupidity :lol:

Haha, smelling salts? Did I miss something?

Yea, I don't think Andy is the type of player that needs to play alot of matches or tournies to find his form. He's not a shotmaker, he's a big hitter. If his serve is hot and he's hitting through his forehand that's all he needs...imo

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
3 years ago when Andy went from Charleston to Bangkok he had to have smelling salts during his first round match. Obviously coming from Sweden is not as far and not as big a time change, but still. The year before, he was entered into Bangkok and pulled out after DC.

As for the rest, I pretty much agree. Add court positioning to serve and FH and that's a winning combo for him almost all of the time.

Fumus
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
3 years ago when Andy went from Charleston to Bangkok he had to have smelling salts during his first round match. Obviously coming from Sweden is not as far and not as big a time change, but still. The year before, he was entered into Bangkok and pulled out after DC.

As for the rest, I pretty much agree. Add court positioning to serve and FH and that's a winning combo for him almost all of the time.

haha, man and I thought I knew most everything that was Andy.

Well I hope Andy can win DC cuz it's nice to have a positive Deb around.

But yea so you agree though, that I mean he doesn't exactly need to play tons of tournies to find his best form. I mean, usually he plays his best when he's just focused on hitting out and being agressive, imo.

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 04:56 PM
oh definitely not, he's not someone who really needs to play himself into form. He starts well at the AO and doesn't seem to have problems when he has to take breaks b/c of injuries or whatever. That's why it's so curious to me when he needlessly packs his schedule with optionals all over the place :scratch:

Fumus
09-14-2007, 08:15 PM
oh definitely not, he's not someone who really needs to play himself into form. He starts well at the AO and doesn't seem to have problems when he has to take breaks b/c of injuries or whatever. That's why it's so curious to me when he needlessly packs his schedule with optionals all over the place :scratch:

Yea very good point Deb. Kudos! Kudos!

Yea, I think it's Jimmy. Jimmy said something about it how he wants him to just play and play and play sorta like Connors himself did and just sorta build confidence. Andy is a confidence player as much as any tennis player is but he's a big hitter and not shot maker really he's gotta have that energy, ya know, and I think the way he hits and the way he moves he's more prone to injury, dunno, so something for that camp to consider. As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Andy win 5 or 6 titles a year.

MisterQ
09-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Anyone know to what extent Andy and Jimmy are into studying tapes of past matches?

meenyminymo
09-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I feel like a similar debate happened within Andy's camp, and clearly whoever decided to load up the schedule won :lol:. I just don't see why he'd schedule tournies around all those charity events knowing he couldn't make it to them. Oy. I've gone cross-eyed trying to figure out Andy's mind :retard:

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Anyone know to what extent Andy and Jimmy are into studying tapes of past matches?I don't know why I say this, but I would guess very little. I find it hard to believe that if someone showed him a tape of a match from 2003 or 2004 when he was blasting the shit out of his forehand he wouldn't sit there and say "wow, maybe I should try doing that again, it worked!" but honestly, i need to stop trying to figure out what goes on in his head. Really. :lol:

I feel like a similar debate happened within Andy's camp, and clearly whoever decided to load up the schedule won :lol:. I just don't see why he'd schedule tournies around all those charity events knowing he couldn't make it to them. Oy. I've gone cross-eyed trying to figure out Andy's mind :retard:Exactly. And he does it every fall. it's just particularly nonsensical this year. But really, there is good news. At least he's not in Nepal for 40 days climbing a huge mountain? :sobbing:

MisterQ
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't know why I say this, but I would guess very little. I find it hard to believe that if someone showed him a tape of a match from 2003 or 2004 when he was blasting the shit out of his forehand he wouldn't sit there and say "wow, maybe I should try doing that again, it worked!" but honestly, i need to stop trying to figure out what goes on in his head. Really. :lol:

Exactly. And he does it every fall. it's just particularly nonsensical this year. But really, there is good news. At least he's not in Nepal for 40 days climbing a huge mountain? :sobbing:

Thanks. I asked because, you know, Andy played amazingly against Roger at this USO. But on crucial points, in the tiebreaks for instance, you could see an occasional repeat of tactical mistakes he has made countless times in the past. It was like having a rerun of a bad movie. :lol: Really, it wasn't often, but in a tiebreak, you only have to mess up once! For example, the weak approach shot to Roger's forehand, that Andy moves in behind, covering the forehand down the line. Doh! Roger has not feet, but YARDS of space to aim his topspinny forehand crosscourt pass into. He doesn't miss that shot unless he's pressured by something really aggressive.

On one point, even commentator Andre said something like: "don't move in behind that" -- but it was too late. :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I mean, I think it would be great if he would watch a match like that an analyze it, especially with what you describe. He seems to be the type who wants to move on immediately, which is good in some ways but not good if you don't learn from what happened. I remember last year at some point he said in a press conference that he had this revelation and that he and John started watching tapes (this was pre-Jimmy). We were all so excited, but then he kept playing even worse, hit rock bottom, and Jimmy came along and we never heard about that again. I feel like he was asked about it again at some point this year, and said no, but I don't know if I have the patience to look for that right now :lol:

I would hope that at very least, Jimmy would take a match like this and go over the positives and also address these little things at the tight points. Wait, I'll adjust, I'm SURE Jimmy does. It's how much Andy actually applies that I'm not always so sure about :sobbing: But, we shall see and hope for the best :)

kaylee
09-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Wow some great analytical points!!!

meenyminymo
09-15-2007, 05:39 AM
But really, there is good news. At least he's not in Nepal for 40 days climbing a huge mountain? :sobbing:

That's true. Lets hope he's actually practicing in Florida instead.

I had a funny mental image just now of someone asking Andy to climb a massive mountain with them. I'm pretty sure his reaction would be to ask them if they were out of their fucking mind. :lol:

Of course, that was sort of my reaction when I heard Marat was doing it, so... :o

Fumus
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I mean, I think it would be great if he would watch a match like that an analyze it, especially with what you describe. He seems to be the type who wants to move on immediately, which is good in some ways but not good if you don't learn from what happened. I remember last year at some point he said in a press conference that he had this revelation and that he and John started watching tapes (this was pre-Jimmy). We were all so excited, but then he kept playing even worse, hit rock bottom, and Jimmy came along and we never heard about that again. I feel like he was asked about it again at some point this year, and said no, but I don't know if I have the patience to look for that right now :lol:

I would hope that at very least, Jimmy would take a match like this and go over the positives and also address these little things at the tight points. Wait, I'll adjust, I'm SURE Jimmy does. It's how much Andy actually applies that I'm not always so sure about :sobbing: But, we shall see and hope for the best :)

It's certainly interesting. When people see Andy play that power style(that we all know he can) they act shocked...like as if to say, "wow I didn't know Roddick was actually talented"...

I don't think Andy needs to study tapes of the way he used to play, he just has to be disciplined enough to continue to go for his shots.

MissFairy
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks. I asked because, you know, Andy played amazingly against Roger at this USO. But on crucial points, in the tiebreaks for instance, you could see an occasional repeat of tactical mistakes he has made countless times in the past. It was like having a rerun of a bad movie. :lol: Really, it wasn't often, but in a tiebreak, you only have to mess up once! For example, the weak approach shot to Roger's forehand, that Andy moves in behind, covering the forehand down the line. Doh! Roger has not feet, but YARDS of space to aim his topspinny forehand crosscourt pass into. He doesn't miss that shot unless he's pressured by something really aggressive.

On one point, even commentator Andre said something like: "don't move in behind that" -- but it was too late. :lol:
I think that would be so good if he watched those two tiebreaks back. They were winnable most definitely, so i think he could really pinpoint exactly where he went wrong. Rushing the net with badly executed approach shots would be one way. But i just have a feeling that Andy isn't one of those players that will sit and watch reruns of himself losing in an effort to better his game. I don't really know why i think this? Maybe its his incredible lack of patience. :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
now we know why Andy entered the Thailand tourney (http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/09/18/sport/sport_30049311.php)

MissFairy
09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
now we know why Andy entered the Thailand tourney (http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/09/18/sport/sport_30049311.php)
He's a perv, i knew it. He's a pervert and a jerk. He's a perverk.

Fumus
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM

That or the free beer and pizza...ya know either or. ;)

Deboogle!.
09-17-2007, 07:50 PM
He's a perv, i knew it. He's a pervert and a jerk. He's a perverk.:haha: :haha:
That or the free beer and pizza...ya know either or. ;)If that were the case you'd think he'd go to Italy ;)

tangerine_dream
09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow some great analytical points!!!
I agree. Somebody post a HQ photo of Andy's ass before it gets out of control.

Tytta!.
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Oh.

Thanks captain. :)

MissFairy
09-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks captain. :)
:lol: Anytime, my dear, anytime.

blosson
09-17-2007, 08:31 PM
That or the free beer and pizza...ya know either or. ;)

Do you mean fried rice and prawn crackers?

Tytta!.
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
:lol: Anytime, my dear, anytime.

:)

meenyminymo
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM

He wants to recreate that one special night with a Thai prostitute? :awww:

Awesome word. It should go in the dictionary under 'Andy'. Sweet :worship:

snaillyyy
09-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Please folks, try not to laugh too hard;):haha: :spit:

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/2007/warriors.asp

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/photogallery/

partygirl
09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
I agree. Somebody post a HQ photo of Andy's ass before it gets out of control.Don't test me.:(
you know it speaks to me.:o

He's a perv, i knew it.You know, someone else told me that too.:tape::dance:

partygirl
09-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Please folks, try not to laugh too hard;):haha: :spit:
Awwww, Andy looks already like a just out of bed statue sitting for his casting.:hearts:

i wonder what the hell they are going to do with those thangs.

Jade Fox
09-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Course Andy's a perv. It all makes sense now.

Andy is a perverk who eats babies. What's not to love?:hearts:

jole
09-18-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm going to see Andy in an Atlantan Great Indoors exhibition. I'll post some pix. :p

Anyone going?

Deboogle!.
09-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Joel, have fun!

MissFairy
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Andy is a perverk who eats babies. What's not to love?:hearts:
Well, in that sentence? Quite a lot :p

blosson
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Have they already selected the players for the masters cup? I thought the final cut is always done around the Paris masters.

I see they are having trouble measuring Roger's nose.

Deboogle!.
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Roger, Rafa, and Novak have already qualified. The 5 remaining spots aren't a mathematical certainty. Whenever a player gets the amount of points that would make qualifying a mathematical certainty, they say they have qualified. Sometimes all the players are qualified before Paris, sometimes not, but that's the last tourney to gain points

Fumus
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Roger, Rafa, and Novak have already qualified. The 5 remaining spots aren't a mathematical certainty. Whenever a player gets the amount of points that would make qualifying a mathematical certainty, they say they have qualified. Sometimes all the players are qualified before Paris, sometimes not, but that's the last tourney to gain points

That thread in the GM says Andy has already qualified...:D Why:confused:

Deboogle!.
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
The person who started the thread in GM doesn't know what they're talking about? :lol:

Fumus
09-20-2007, 02:41 PM
The person who started the thread in GM doesn't know what they're talking about? :lol:

Deb, I want you to think about what you saying for a second! *gasp*

Deboogle!.
09-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I thought about it, I thought about it long and hard :lol:

Fumus
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I thought about it, I thought about it long and hard :lol:

You got some brass ones making a comment like that, that's just how you roll I guess.

On a potentially serious note, I would say Andy's a lock for the top 8 unless he poops out of every event and a bunch of other guys have a breakout indoor season. Wouldn't you say?

Deboogle!.
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Yes, I would say.

Fumus
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
hahaha

Are you mocking me?! ;)

Deboogle!.
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
nope

Ciao2
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I think it's stupid not to go Tokyo.
I read it from players that Tokyo's surface is the fastest. Isn't it really advantage for him?
Having said that, I recently heard from many Japanese that Japanese tennis assosiation once fined Andy not coming there, and they don't offer many perks for top players not like other small tournaments do. Anyway, i think it's shame he goes to "events" during season, not off-seasons like other players do.

Winston's Human
09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
That thread in the GM says Andy has already qualified...:D Why:confused:

The GM thread is jumping the gun.

TMC/ATP will not declare someone qualified until there exists no possibility for them not to qualify. The GM thread's declaration is based on the fact there is only a slim mathematical chance that Andy and Kolya will not qualify.

We saw this difference with Novak earlier this summer. After his performances in IW, Miami, Paris and Wimbledon, it was all but certain that he would qualify for the TMC. However, it was not until Canada or maybe the US Open that it reached mathematical impossibility.

Fumus
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I think it's stupid not to go Tokyo.
I read it from players that Tokyo's surface is the fastest. Isn't it really advantage for him?
Having said that, I recently heard from many Japanese that Japanese tennis assosiation once fined Andy not coming there, and they don't offer many perks for top players not like other small tournaments do. Anyway, i think it's shame he goes to "events" during season, not off-seasons like other players do.

Not necessarily, Andy plays his best tennis on medium to fast paced hard court. Andy historically has not done as well on the slicker indoor carpets as he has on decoturf(or hardcourts). This is primarily because of where Andy likes to hit the ball and his court positioning...on the carpet the ball tends to stay very flat and low. Flat hitters like Davydenko, Safin, Berdych, and Hrbaty love the stuff for that reason. Also, Andy's second serve is a giant weapon because of the spin generated on it(for some players it's as hard to return as the first), but on the indoor carpet it doesn't take the spin like the more granular decoturf does. That being said, opponents get a better look at Andy's second serve.

Ciao, you should read back though the rest of this thread. We discussed why Andy doesn't play more small events towards the end of the season, and why he doesn't need to play a lot of tournaments at all.

MissFairy
09-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Well said, Fumus (:

Jennay
09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I wrote an entire paper on why John Mayer is the greatest American of all time ;)

favorite song by him :hearts:

Go Andy :p

Deboogle!.
09-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I hope you got an A :p

laure xxx
09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
I wrote an entire paper on why John Mayer is the greatest American of all time ;)

I write that very same paper in my mind most days.
Except I don't receive a mark for it. :sobbing:

merce
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I write that very same paper in my mind most days.
Except I don't receive a mark for it. :sobbing:i'd give you an A++ just for thinking about it :lol:

Tytta!.
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM

!!!!!!!!!

Miss you.

I hope you got an A :p

Duh.

Fumus
09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Back to Tennis!

This week Andy Roddick is in Bangkok...it's a tourny that Andy has always performed well at, but never won. This year Andy faces some tough opposition with Tursonov, Haas, Berdych, and Djokovic...all UP in that draw!! Will this be the year Andy plays bigger than his body in bangkok?

Deboogle!.
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
He's only played it once, Ryan :haha:

kaylee
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
u guys crack me up.

Deboogle!.
09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Tennis player Roddick reaches Bangkok to stem tide of seeded pullouts

Tue 25 Sep, 02:50 PM

BANGKOK (AFP) - Andy Roddick showed up on schedule Tuesday and ready to play at the Thailand Open after the top two seeds withdrew due to injuries.

The now top-seeded American begins play on Wednesday night against Taiwan's Wang Yeu-Tzuoo after arriving from Sweden and a weekend Davis Cup victory which put his nation into the December final at home against holders Russia.

"We're very excited," said the 2004 Bangkok finalist against Roger Federer. "It's our first home final in 15 years.

"It's been a long road for our team. We're really excited to get this opportunity."

Top seed Novak Djokovic withdrew earlier with a back injury, handing the tournament its second blow after world number two Rafael Nadal pulled out at the weekend.

World number three Djokovic failed to arrive in Bangkok after leading Serbia to Davis Cup victory over Australia on the weekend.

ATP officials said the 20-year-old was suffering a back injury, which comes after playing almost nine hours of Davis Cup tennis over three days.

He will be replaced in the draw by Swiss George Bastl.

The loss of the Serb, beaten in the US Open final earlier this month by Federer, comes two days after Nadal was forced to pull out due to continuing tendinitis in his left knee.

Roddick admitted that he will need to recover from the flight from Europe to make an impression on court.

"It's not easy with the time difference. That's one of the things that makes tennis hectic, but it also shows how global it is."

Deboogle!.
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
couple pics from Jirobkk in GM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6061195&postcount=22

andy please just don't hurt yourself :sobbing:

snaillyyy
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
oh god Deb, now I am going to worry :sobbing:

meenyminymo
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Relish in the small victories: He showed up on time! :banana:

He's rocking the zombie Halloween look. I just want to tuck him in and let him sleep until Nov. 29 :sobbing:

Fumus
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
He's only played it once, Ryan :haha:

Crap yea...:o :o :o :o

Well the one time he played...haha...he made the final and messed up his elbow...

Man it had been so long since Deb had blown me up too...

dibs
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
When he played Bangkok in 2004 they needed smelling salts to get him through the first round so perhaps we shouldn't expect too much.

The match was against the Brit Arvind Parmer who said afterwards Andy was fast asleep on the floor in the locker room when they were called and that he should have left him there and got a walkover!!

Deboogle!.
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Crap yea...:o :o :o :o

Well the one time he played...haha...he made the final and messed up his elbow...

Man it had been so long since Deb had blown me up too...You missed it, I know you did ;)

there's a live stream for this tourney at http://www.khonkaenlink.com/tv/ and click the first one CH3. Of course the matches are pretty much middle of the night for the US but for everyone else and those insomniacs :p

Fumus
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
You missed it, I know you did ;)

there's a live stream for this tourney at http://www.khonkaenlink.com/tv/ and click the first one CH3. Of course the matches are pretty much middle of the night for the US but for everyone else and those insomniacs :p

Yea brings back to earth...hello ground...

meenyminymo
09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
The match was against the Brit Arvind Parmer who said afterwards Andy was fast asleep on the floor in the locker room when they were called and that he should have left him there and got a walkover!!

:awww: That is so cute and sad at the same time. Poor bugger. :awww:

laure xxx
09-26-2007, 03:37 AM
So Andy is the big fave to win this thing now.
Unless Hasi decides to be a bitch again :sobbing:

dibs
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Not the fave anymore - he's withdrawn with a foot injury which flared up during his practice earlier today.

partygirl
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Well there is the pay off for a great idea.

snaillyyy
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
hmmmmm Sure Andy:rolleyes:

dibs
09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
I suspect he wanted to play. Good chance to add to his optional points and secure a place in Shanghai which would mean he could almost blow out the European indoor season and concentrate entirely on Masters Cup and DC.

Raina
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
andy withdrew from Thailand Open!:rolleyes:

Kate87
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
OMG Andy the jeans:sobbing:

idefix
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
here is an article about Andy's withdrawn from Bangkok.

Roddick joins Bangkok injury list Posted : Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:34:00 GMT

Bangkok - Andy Roddick, the highest-ranking player left in the injury-hit Thailand Open, pulled the plug on his participation an hour before his first-round match on Wednesday due to a foot injury. Officials said that the American who only landed in Bangkok on Tuesday morning, hurt his left foot during a practise hit on court shortly after his arrival.

He was later said to have aggravated the problem at his hotel on Wednesday before arriving at the site and determining that he would be unable to play.

Roddick, seeded second here and fifth in the world, was due to face Taiwan's Wang Yeu-Tzuoo.

Roddick's pullout was the third for a Top five player at the ill-started tournament after number two Rafael Nadal (knee tendinitis) and US Open finalist Novak.

partygirl
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Sounds fishy.:p

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Andy you look horrendous :o At least it doesn't sound like something major :mad: He needs his freaking fans to plan his schedule for him, WE wouldn't have let him even enter this tourney :banghead:

partygirl
09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Fashion wise those jeans are atrocious, they might as well be cut-offs:sobbing:
...other than that he looks great its just hard to look at anything else.:tape::lol::drool:

Kate87
09-26-2007, 01:32 PM
"I came straight here to practice but I had to stop, I hurt the bottom part of my foot, I spent the rest of yesterday getting treatment," said Roddick, who lost to Roger Federer in the final of the 2004 tournament in Bangkok.

"It felt ok, but I was in my room, something happened and I hurt it again.

"This is part of sport," he added. "It's not fun, no one enjoys it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070926/sp_nm/tennis_men_thailand_roddick_dc_1

Raina
09-26-2007, 01:32 PM
"I came straight here to practice but I had to stop, I hurt the bottom part of my foot, I spent the rest of yesterday getting treatment," said Roddick, who lost to Roger Federer in the final of the 2004 tournament in Bangkok.

"It felt ok, but I was in my room, something happened and I hurt it again.

"This is part of sport," he added. "It's not fun, no one enjoys it."

Stupid! Stupid Andy!!:(

Raina
09-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh Kate we just serve double faults!! :p

idefix
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
he played in tokyo according to the atp site.

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Andy? No, he's already pulled out of Tokyo. THANK GOD.

Kate87
09-26-2007, 01:45 PM
:lol: absolutely yeah

Kate87
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
so as it stands it will be Paris Madrid and Lyon, right?

(I've just heard that the Madrid Masters will be on clay from '09:o but it's date won't change:retard:?!)

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
so as it stands it will be Paris Madrid and Lyon, right?Yep that's right. Too bad he's not entered in Vienna before Madrid but it doesn't really matter. He's never done well at Madrid for some reason. It's got altitude and the ball flies, I wonder if he just has problems when playing in thinner air - he's never done great at Indian Wells either. Anyway. Don't forget all his 108230940 charity events between Oct. 3 and 14 - the NIGHT before Madrid starts :help: :banghead: (I've just heard that the Madrid Masters will be on clay from '09:o but it's date won't change:retard:?!)
Uuuuuuuuuummmmm that would be ridiculous :haha: but no i have no idea :o

Kate87
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I'll ask my friend where this 'madridmastersonclay' info came from

yes these charity events are usually more important than these European tourneys:rolleyes:

Last year I decided that if he comes to Vienna this year, too then I'll go and watch him:dance:...but at the beginning of the season I saw that there'll be a charity weekend:o

Fumus
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
It kind of reminds me of this:

How injury prone is Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer? He broke a foot playing couch potato.

Plummer, 29, confirmed Wednesday he is sidelined until mid-November after fracturing the third metatarsal in his left foot on Monday.

"It was on Monday," recalled Plummer, already nursing a shoulder injury suffered September 14.

"I was fine all day. I got up off the couch and felt a pop in my foot.

"It actually just felt almost like a strain. I thought, 'Well, it's just a strain,' because I still had some bruising in there and it was still tender."

"I'm still shocked," he said. "It's weird how your body works.

"I didn't think there was anything wrong with my foot and, obviously, it was sore from the Kansas City game.

"I was worried after that game for it. But my mind was more on my shoulder, getting that ready. "I stood up and felt a little pop and it started getting worse as the evening went on."

"The doctors say about four weeks," Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos acknowledged. "He probably had some kind of stress reaction that was going on in the area.

"It didn't show up in the initial X-ray and the movement Monday -- getting up, watching TV -- fractured the bone."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2003/10/15/plummer031015.html

tangerine_dream
09-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh wow, Andy pulled out one hour before match time? :eek: Glad it doesn't sound serious. Maybe it's just a strain.

It's so weird how you can punish your body on the court or field and have no problems but try getting up from the couch and suddenly you break a bone. Remember when Andy said he threw his back out laughing at a friends' joke? :lol:

*edit*

Why is Andy standing next to a laundrymat dryer? Is that where he pulled his ripped jeans from?

http://i21.tinypic.com/11viq84.jpg
"I just came to Bangkok to pick up my laundry."

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I've done like where I've just stepped on my foot wrong and my arch kills for a couple days. I wouldn't be able to run around on it but it gets better fast. It's probably something like that. If he thought he was gonna be able to play when he woke up this morning, it doesn't sound serious. So that's good. But geez.

Tytta!.
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Not the fave anymore - he's withdrawn with a foot injury which flared up during his practice earlier today.

Oh.

Andy you look horrendous :o At least it doesn't sound like something major :mad: He needs his freaking fans to plan his schedule for him, WE wouldn't have let him even enter this tourney :banghead:

I vote for Deb.

Sofyaxo
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
When will those jeans just die.

I know he's okay so I'm not caring about the foot.

blosson
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Injury. It had to happen again.

Fumus
09-26-2007, 06:00 PM
So it's on to SPAIN!

Man I hope Andy enjoys his nights of partying and sexcapades back in US. As soon as he gets to Spain it's going to be one or two matches and he's out of that tourney.

meenyminymo
09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Ugh. I got freaked out when I heard it was a foot thing since feet heal the slowest and get reinjured all the time. I tore a ligament in the bottom of my foot years ago and it took 6 months to walk again :o

This doesn't seem too serious.

The jeans will never die. He'll just go buy another pair with the same holes.

blosson
09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
When will those jeans just die.

I know he's okay so I'm not caring about the foot.

I feel like sowing some knee patches on.

tangerine_dream
09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
When did Andy's hair get so red?

*edit*

New pic and larger versions of pics posted earlier. :)

Jade Fox
09-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Bum foot? That sucks. Get well soon Andy.

And I think he probably has more than one pair of those jeans. He wears them to annoy us methinks. Mission accomplished.:ras:

partygirl
09-26-2007, 09:05 PM
When did Andy's hair get so red?Everyone wants to join the brunette family.

blosson
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Big pictures, even bigger holy jeans.

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
My hair does that - it looks redder in certain light. Andy's is probably the same way :)

Chaos Inc.
09-26-2007, 09:50 PM
So it's on to SPAIN!

Man I hope Andy enjoys his nights of partying and sexcapades back in US. As soon as he gets to Spain it's going to be one or two matches and he's out of that tourney.

Yep. His favorite time of the year. You can count on it as much as

the sun rising in the east.......

Deboogle!.
09-26-2007, 10:01 PM
hey look, andy's actually the best-dressed player in this picture :lol: Maybe not all hope is lost quite yet :D :p

Tytta!.
09-26-2007, 10:09 PM
How shocking. Hahaha.

meenyminymo
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
He looks short.

Sofyaxo
09-27-2007, 12:33 AM
When did Andy's hair get so red?

He cut his hair so all the high lights went. Less blond in there to mess with the natural color.

He looks short.

He's standing behind them all.

snaillyyy
09-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Oh Andy, please burn the damn jeans!:rolleyes:

Winston's Human
09-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh Andy, please burn the damn jeans!:rolleyes:

Amen!!

Andy is getting a little old for the holey jeans look.

Deboogle!.
09-27-2007, 05:15 AM
http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/home/video_data/222/222/video/309/309.wmv

Anddy's press conference from when he got to Thailand (right click and download it, about 30MB)

some good stuff :)

Fee
09-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Dear Lacoste
Please give Andy one dozen pair of jeans. Please tell him you will send an angry French man to find him and kick him in the shins every time he is photographed in public wearing crappy, holey jeans like some poorly paid Futures player.

Thank you.

A tennis fan (or several thousand)

Deboogle!.
09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
OMFG :spit:

merce
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
:lol:

merce
09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
He looks short.i didnt know haas was taller than andy

Deboogle!.
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
i didnt know haas was taller than andyhmmm i think they're about the same height :scratch:

kaylee
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Tommy + Andy wow what a vision!!

arodfanpe666o
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Playing no tournaments until Madrid won't help for Shanghai, but...health is the most important thing!

Fumus
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
hey look, andy's actually the best-dressed player in this picture :lol: Maybe not all hope is lost quite yet :D :p

Anyone think Sam Querry looks like a young Mark Hamill...just putting it out there.

Fumus
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Playing no tournaments until Madrid won't help for Shanghai, but...health is the most important thing!

That's right and by health we mean...partying excessively.

:drink: :drink:

(Insert that pic of Andy dancing looking like an ass at some nightclub in Austin here.)

TwistedDesire.
09-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Dear Lacoste
Please give Andy one dozen pair of jeans. Please tell him you will send an angry French man to find him and kick him in the shins every time he is photographed in public wearing crappy, holey jeans like some poorly paid Futures player.

Thank you.

A tennis fan (or several thousand)

Deboogle!.
09-29-2007, 02:29 AM
aw doug :lol:
----------------
Injury Update

Posted By Andyroddick.com Staff On 28th September 2007 @ 13:20 In Spreen Says | Comments Disabled

As you all know Andy withdrew from the tournament in Bangkok on Wednesday. After we arrived in Bangkok he developed some pain in his left foot. It was for sure the right decision for Andy not to go out on court and risk making the foot any worse. We have arrived back in the US and the good news is that Andy’s foot is feeling much better. He has seen some doctors who all agree that this is not a major problem and Andy will recover just fine. Andy will take a few days off as we had originally scheduled and resume training in 4 to 7 days. Wow around the world in 12 days!! I need some sleep!!

Sofyaxo
09-29-2007, 02:34 AM
Doug is adorable. John needs lessons.

Winston's Human
09-29-2007, 03:30 AM
John's posts have a more mysterious quality.

On the surface, they seem quite banal; yet, you are left wondering if there is some deeper subliminal message in his posts.

blosson
09-29-2007, 05:07 PM
John is a man of a few words.

Jade Fox
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
John is a man of a few words.

Indeed. He's the John Wayne of Team Roddick.:p

Fumus
10-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Two more weeks of partying....ert...practice for Andy.

Deboogle!.
10-01-2007, 06:37 PM
well not too much partying! He has charity events on Oct 3, 9, 10, and 14 :p

kaylee
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree I hope he isn't partying!!!

arodfanpe666o
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I think he is partying at these charity events :P

Deboogle!.
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
well at least that partying is for a good cause :p

Fee
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM

Gosh, they scheduled those awfully quickly! Surely he's known since the beginning of the year that he would be off playing tournaments this week, riiiiiight?

(I really wish he wouldn't do this, gives the haters too much fodder).

Deboogle!.
10-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Gosh, they scheduled those awfully quickly! Surely he's known since the beginning of the year that he would be off playing tournaments this week, riiiiiight?

(I really wish he wouldn't do this, gives the haters too much fodder).Oh don't worry, Fee, ar.com was advertising the Oct 3 event BEFORE he withdrew from Tokyo :lol:

merce
10-02-2007, 08:55 AM
i wanna see Andy playing tennis :awww:

tangerine_dream
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I can't get excited about indoors when we are in the Davis Cup final. http://i22.tinypic.com/2gy35hg.gif

Deboogle!.
10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Well the Davis Cup final is gonna be indoors, so there you go! :banana: :lol:

Fumus
10-02-2007, 05:01 PM

Are you kidding me!? lolz, Did you watch that US Open bus tour he did with the Bryans? They had that documentary and in the mornings he always looked hungover as hell...and I know what that looks like because......heneways how bout them Patriots? :bolt:

Fumus
10-02-2007, 05:01 PM

Are you kidding me!? lolz, Did you watch that US Open bus tour he did with the Bryans? They had that documentary and in the mornings he always looked hungover as hell...and I know what that looks like because......heneways how bout them Patriots? :bolt:

Fumus
10-02-2007, 05:03 PM

arodfanpe666o
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
At least these events make him feel positive, that's for sure...

partygirl
10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
:drink:

glomasterg
10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
:smile:

dimahenman
10-04-2007, 04:48 AM
hi deboogle!!!!!!!!!!!!! good to see again lol!!

Deboogle!.
10-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Hiya! you can call me Deb :)

This is the forum I mostly hang out in. If you like Andy too you should come hang out here too (or even if you don't, we are kinda :silly: and :crazy: and fun! :p)

dimahenman
10-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Hiya! you can call me Deb :)

This is the forum I mostly hang out in. If you like Andy too you should come hang out here too (or even if you don't, we are kinda :silly: and :crazy: and fun! :p)

ok deb!! i saw the place where they talk about your name its funny!!!

i like andy! i saw that commercial where his ball get stuck in the clay! and i like him ever since!!!!

Deboogle!.
10-04-2007, 04:56 AM
ok deb!! i saw the place where they talk about your name its funny!!!hahahahaa like i said we are a little bit silly here :p:p
i like andy! i saw that commercial where his ball get stuck in the clay! and i like him ever since!!!!oh yeah that is a funny commercial! Well come around here anytime!

Tytta!.
10-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Thanks captain. :kiss:

kaylee
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Deb is debilicious and cool!

Tytta!.
10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Deb's debsically debsolutely debtastic.

dimahenman
10-05-2007, 12:29 AM
deb is cool!! all of you are also i'm sure!! i just have not recieved a chance to talok to you but im sure i'll like it because everyone here is so nice!!

Tytta!.
10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
We don't bite! :lol:

snaillyyy
10-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Not much anyway;):p
(I miss you guys :awww: )

Tytta!.
10-05-2007, 12:45 AM
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:

You gotta tell them we don't bite :ras: :secret:

snaillyyy
10-05-2007, 12:51 AM
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:
You gotta tell them we don't bite :ras: :secret:

:awww: :hug: :hug: :hug: you tooo!!

We only bite when asked and wanted;):devil:

Tytta!.
10-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Where are you?! :hug: :kiss:

Nooo, we are so nice. :D

snaillyyy
10-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Staying at a friend of my parents, coming home tomorrow I hope :D

Tytta!.
10-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh. Awesome! :)

dimahenman
10-06-2007, 03:02 AM
i wan ted to come say hi to everyone before i went to bed!!!! i hope you guys have a great night wherver and whoever you are!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
10-06-2007, 03:04 AM
Hi Lo :wavey: Goodnight and have a great weekend!

blosson
10-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Does Andy still play tennis?

laure xxx
10-06-2007, 08:23 AM

haha yeah, I mean does he WANT to qualify for the TMC behind Pics Ferrer? :rolleyes:

Tytta!.
10-06-2007, 12:43 PM

He's more worried about eating little kids right now. :)

GollyLou
10-06-2007, 02:31 PM

He does, but only when it's not important to his ranking.

Tytta!.
10-06-2007, 02:41 PM
He does, but only when it's not important to his ranking.

And when it's important to his ranking, he can never win many matches.

:lol:

GollyLou
10-06-2007, 03:06 PM
And when it's important to his ranking, he can never win many matches.

:lol: So Andy only wins matches in DC and exhibitions. Sounds about right.

Tytta!.
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
:lol: So Andy only wins matches in DC and exhibitions. Sounds about right.

Exactly.

merce
10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
:awww: Carole's avatar is a cutie

Tytta!.
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
It is! :awww:

merce
10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Renata :smooch:

where's Andy? :bigcry:

Tytta!.
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Merce! :smooch:

Andy... Hmmm... Eating little kids? :awww:

Fumus
10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
No tennis this week for Andy.

Well unless you count, exhibitions. WTT Smash hits...woot!

merce
10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Merce! :smooch:

Andy... Hmmm... Eating little kids? :awww::bigcry:

Tytta!.
10-10-2007, 02:32 PM
:awww: :hug: :awww: :hug: :awww: :awww: :awww: :awww: :awww:

Kate87
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Andy is out of Madrid:zzz:
what a surprise.

Tytta!.