PREDICTIONS FOR GUILLE'S MATCHES [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

PREDICTIONS FOR GUILLE'S MATCHES

willie
05-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Round three is against Ancic, what are the predictions???
mine is:
coria def. ancic 6-3 6-4 6-3. :cool:

alita
05-27-2004, 03:45 AM
It's hard to say, but I'm sure guille will win in third set!;)

mitalidas
05-27-2004, 03:48 AM
I'm not as confident.... Ancic almost took Agassi out last year. finally lost it (after being 2 sets to love up) in 5
Okay, so maybe that's the operative word "lost it", but he took out a fairly serious clay courter today --zabaleta-- so this could go the distance

alita
05-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Maybe he is a tough opponent,defeated Zabaleta 3-1, in the court everyone has a chance to beat their rival, no one is unbeatable. But whatever, I'm so confident in Guille:)
I can't wait to see that match……:bounce::bounce:

Guille's Girl
05-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok, Mario is dangerous no doubt. Took out Zabaleta IN 4 SETS. Not 3! See thats an opening. Guille will take advantage of any mistakes Mario will make. I'm gonna be all pessimistic and stuff and say Guille over Ancic in 4 sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2, 6-1.

willie
05-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Ok, Mario is dangerous no doubt. Took out Zabaleta IN 4 SETS. Not 3! See thats an opening. Guille will take advantage of any mistakes Mario will make. I'm gonna be all pessimistic and stuff and say Guille over Ancic in 4 sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2, 6-1.

thats true!!!, the fact that zabaleta won him a set is an opening, zabaleta wasnt playing really good on clay(the only eception was rome) and he won ancic a set, coria is playing a great tennis, thats why i give a 3 sets victory to coria.

Carito_90
05-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Yah Coria's playin an excellent tennis. Definetely Coria in straight sets.

Guille's Girl
05-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Pessimism is a virtue. I'll let him surprise me.

I hope ESPN shows at least...2 games of this match!!! GOD HELP ME!!!! I've never seen Guille play on clay ya know. :sad: YEAH I KNOW!!! HIS BEST DAMN SURFACE AND I AIN'T SEEN HIM PLAY ON IT!!! only hardcourts....Llodra is kicking ass now. I know ESPN is gonna show Davenport first, since that's the next match on Lenglen court. Then Guille and Mario. But if it's anything like YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! (After Venus was through, Ferrero was next on the same court BUT ESPN showed a taped match of Capriati then cut transmission), there's a slim to nada chance they won't show it. Fuck, I don't even know if I'm gonna be here sunday! There's no interjection in the English vocabulary to express my feelings...

willie
05-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Next match is with clay french player Escude.
My prediction is Billy/willie/king/guille/mago/harry potter will win escude in 3 sets, 7-6 6-4 6-3. :D

Guille's Girl
05-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Ok since we've got a blistering crowd ya, I'll say Guille Mago Sebas Billy Ruckus Scrappy Rubberband Man Coria in....hell if I know! VAMOS GUILLE!!! I hate predicting stuff! As you can tell, I suck at it :lol:

willie
05-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Ok since we've got a blistering crowd ya, I'll say Guille Mago Sebas Billy Ruckus Scrappy Rubberband Man Coria in....hell if I know! VAMOS GUILLE!!! I hate predicting stuff! As you can tell, I suck at it :lol:

jajajaja :D , ok i predict and you invent nicks, these has given as good luck!

Guille's Girl
05-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Good luck is right! Look what happened! :eek:

willie
05-30-2004, 11:24 PM
YEP!!!!, but i am a little worried with the match against moya :confused: ...ill predict a
6-4 3-6 7-6 6-4 for coria :D .

Guille's Girl
05-31-2004, 02:30 AM
Hmm, so it'll be his first lost set and his first tiebreak all in the same match ya? Ok new nickname...VAMOS GIVEMO'!!!!!!!!!! that's what me and my bro call him all the time so yeah. I'll come up with something else later :p

willie
05-31-2004, 02:57 AM
Hmm, so it'll be his first lost set and his first tiebreak all in the same match ya? Ok new nickname...VAMOS GIVEMO'!!!!!!!!!! that's what me and my bro call him all the time so yeah. I'll come up with something else later :p

yes, i think it will be guillermos most difficult match at rg, after this it will be simple again..
so finish, we have my prediction and guilles girls new nickname this has to bring as good luck again. :)

Guille's Girl
06-03-2004, 03:21 PM
WILLIE!!! Where for art thou? Where's the prediction eh? :p Ok first some important stuff:

Tim did NOT "destroy" Chela, contrary to some of the other threads around. He won the first set 6-2 ok. BUT he won the last 2 sets by 1 break each. 1 break? Ok y'all got it. 6-4, 6-4. 1 break is OBVIOUSLY not enough to beat Guille. We all saw dat against Moya. JI fought in some tough deuce games as well. He didn't get punked.

JI came to net 87 times. What the hell was he thinking? He only won 32% of his net points :rolleyes: I guess he had no choice since he let Tim control the whole match mostly. Anyway, that's probably what allowed Tim to have 42 WINNERS. Come to the net, Tim hits a passing shot. I didn't see the match so I'm just guessing *shrug* But Guille's not dumb people.

JI had 5 bp opportunities and only converted 1. Guille was 7-10 in break point conversions against Moya :yeah:

Tim's first serve percentage was 60%, Guille's was 73%. owwies. ahem...did I mention Moya's first serve percentage (vs Mago) was 47%?? :eek: Can't blame THAT on the court...

Mago had 26 ue's vs Moya :rolleyes:, Tim had 28 vs JI. NOW, that's not a big difference ya. Uh, I think Tim is gonna have a lot more than 28 against Mago cuz well y'all know...

Oh yeah let me straighten some stuff up about "the conditions" and rehtoric. The Lenglen court was slow YEAH so that "helped" Guille a bit. But are folks trying to say that if it had seen faster, Moya would won? A slow court doesn't make you serve bad. Maybe if he had gotten some first serves IN, he would've had some results. Ok, Mago vs Ancic on the same court, Lenglen. In the post-match interview the folks asked Guille if the the quicker surface made it kinda difficult for him. Of course he said no.

Q. Why was the ball quick, and do you think that was a disadvantage for you?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, it wasn't really a disadvantage for me, but it was difficult to stand on the court because you see a lot of the cement which you don't see in many of the other courts. Perhaps last year the court was the slowest. This year, it's the quickest.

In the beginning, it was difficult for me perhaps, and then I was able to adjust to it and I was able to move freely on the court.

So I think that it went well. I'm happy because I felt well. I adjusted quickly.

C'mon people, he's just gonna kick ass regardless of the situation. Heh, and Mario had just beaten Zabaleta. A clay courter from Argentina ya? :devil:

Here's some of what Tim said:
"Players who like to play on clay are used to playing a certain way and if I play well I can make life very difficult for them, and that's exactly what I did against Chela and it's exactly what I intend to do against Coria on Friday."

Hmm, a stereo type? From Henessey? I'm heart broken :haha: