Santoro's exclusion from Davis Cup Team [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Santoro's exclusion from Davis Cup Team

BaselineSmash
05-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Why did all the players of the French Davis Cup squad request that Santoro be removed from the team?

Jim Jones
05-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure if all players requested that he leave the team. Certainly not Llodra who is his doubles partner. Maybe problem was only with Forget who wants every player to train very hard. Since Santoro is in his 30s and is playing well in doubles he does not want to risk injury.

irishface
05-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey BaselineSmash! Where did you get that Saltire? Last time I looked I could only get a sodding Union Jack! And from Glasgow too? It's a small world. :)

I think Snoo wasn't in the *ahem* French Musketeer spirit, and since DC is all about the team, the guys didn't like that. I recall (please anyone correct me if I'm making this stuff up) that Snoo and Micha took holidays when the rest of the guys were training (??) They got a bollocking for it and Micha apologised, but Snoo didn't. He expected to be chosen for the team regardless of his level of commitment. I'm no expert on the thoughts of Guy Forget (where is Vale when you need her? ;) ) but I don't think Guy would have excluded him from the team because the other lads asked him to. I think he might have if he thought that the team would have better morale without him. And they did. (IMO)

Via
05-26-2004, 06:07 AM
there was an entire thread devoted to that discussion i recall:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8124

(if you can skip some of the chit-chat stuff that we usually have, lol...)

irishface
05-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Yay! That's what I needed. Thanks Via.

Via
05-27-2004, 12:52 AM
need to file that away on the website? ;)

irishface
05-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna need more webspace if I start filing away all the info every time Arnaud gets grumpy with someone. ;)

Via
05-28-2004, 03:47 AM
well then... ask dear arnaud to donate some towards your site, next time you see him ;)

what a way to give him a warning, lol

irishface
05-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Shhhhhhh! Don't tell him! He's kinda scared of me already. :)

boliviana
09-03-2004, 10:09 PM
I really like to watch Santoro; i thought he played so well in Cincinnati Masters. I know he is better known for his doubles play with LLodra but what is the history with this guy? Is he a jerk? a nice guy? could someone be so kind to give a quick rundown on him . . .

Anne-Claire
09-04-2004, 02:03 PM
It will be difficult to summarize Papy FAb, btw he's very particular guy, that's why i would say, he's sometimes nice and sometimes not, in a nutshell this is a strange and lunatic guy!!

Marine
09-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Hard to explain. Let's say he's quite individualist sometimes, a little bit selfish maybe when he plays in davis cup. It seems (we never knew clearly what happened the last year) he doesn't always accept rules of team life, sometimes weird, and the captain et the other players reproached him that. But in the same time he's a very nice guy, and he's very funny to see playing in real by his untypical game, I already saw him twice in RG and I enjoyed it, it was 2 amazing matches in 5 sets he won. Moreover he likes to share his emotions with the crowd, to joke etc... in short he's not my favorite player but I like him a lot too. He's really a magician on the court ! (Sampras' quote ! :angel: )