Will Mr. Disney be unemployed in 2008? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Mr. Disney be unemployed in 2008?

Fee
09-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I think it's time to just put this question out there. I think I know what would happen if the members of this forum could vote on it, but what about all of the varied interests of the ATP Tour? Will they get together and oust EDV or is the opposition too unorganized to do anything?

fanfare
09-01-2007, 12:09 AM
who the hell is Mr. Disney? I am so pissed of people at MTF all using nicknames... Nole, PMac, Chucho, Pi..something(nickname of that younger johansonn) and many others;/ most of the time I have no idea who the conversation is about

Fee
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
EDV - Etienne De Villers, the head of the ATP Tour (formerly an executive at EuroDisney).

Marek.
09-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Hopefully but probably not. :sad:

fanfare
09-01-2007, 12:16 AM
EDV - Etienne De Villers, the head of the ATP Tour (formerly an executive at EuroDisney).

thank you:)

FedFan_2007
09-01-2007, 12:18 AM
This idiot has got to go, nobody likes his changes. He probably has dinner with the same idiots who introduced the FedEx Cup on the PGA Tour.

CyBorg
09-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Oh God I hope so.

Saumon
who the hell is Mr. Disney? I am so pissed of people at MTF all using nicknames... Nole, PMac, Chucho, Pi..something(nickname of that younger johansonn) and many others;/ most of the time I have no idea who the conversation is about
Chucho and Nole are nicknames used by the players in question themselves ;)

Fee, why do you want my old penpall do be unemployed? :awww: :sad:

CyBorg
Oh and...

Dumb all Over
A Little Ugly on the Side

Sing it
Dumb all Over
A Little Ugly on the Side

Lee
09-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I certainly hope so.

Naranoc
09-01-2007, 12:25 AM

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108483

:wavey:

(It's Pim Pim :p )

Sunset of Age
09-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I like the 'eaten by a pack of dingos'-option, but sadly I think he's gonna hang around a little longer and indeed mess up even more.

Can't wait for the players to go on strike to save the ATP.

Tennis Fool
09-01-2007, 12:38 AM
This thread needs be deleted. Similar thread already posted and it lacks content.

Burrow
09-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Serious question: Why do you all insist on calling Ettiene De Villers, an idiot, Mr Disney, when Walt Disney was a very popular and respected man?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Marek.
09-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Serious question: Why do you all insist on calling Ettiene De Villers, an idiot, Mr Disney, when Walt Disney was a very popular and respected man?

He was the president of different departments at Disney before this job.

World Beater
09-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Mr.disney's wants to make every tournament Micky Mouse.

he might as well as named them

tier 1: micky mouse
tier 2: donald duck
tier 3: minnie mouse.

Burrow
09-01-2007, 01:06 AM
He was the president of different departments at Disney before this job.

I see.

jitterbug
09-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Vamos dingos :rocker:

El Legenda
09-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I think it's time to just put this question out there. I think I know what would happen if the members of this forum could vote on it, but what about all of the varied interests of the ATP Tour? Will they get together and oust EDV or is the opposition too unorganized to do anything?

:aplot: i know where he will be in 2008 :D

Mount Goddess
09-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Mr.disney's wants to make every tournament Micky Mouse.

he might as well as named them

tier 1: micky mouse
tier 2: donald duck
tier 3: minnie mouse.

So sad but true!!

Action Jackson
09-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Dingoes have class and wouldn't want to eat Mr.Disney.

Fee
09-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Now you tell me. It was the only thing I could think of at that particular moment. Perhaps he'll be run over by the USO Series bus or Andy's backwards driving Lexus?

Action Jackson
09-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Now you tell me. It was the only thing I could think of at that particular moment. Perhaps he'll be run over by the USO Series bus or Andy's backwards driving Lexus?

It would be good, but if James was driving the Lexus it would have more significance.

Honestly, they need to get rid of this clown and send him back to the circus. I don't care how they do it.

Fedex
09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
One can only hope so.

Rumour
09-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Anyone who follows the NHL knows what its current leader, commissioner Gary Bettman, has done for that league since he took over almost 15 years ago, both on and off the ice. Believe it or not, that man has made worse business/marketing/labour/PR blunders and is even more despised by fans than Etienne de Villiers, yet he's still securely employed :shrug: Think that's enough of a hint as to how I voted in the poll, although I may have considered the dingo option more seriously if the word 'happily' was substituted for 'sadly'...

Doggy
09-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Walt Disney is respectable? :lol: Pssssh, he is racist. He hates blacks and Jews. There's your REAL Mr. Walt Disney. Respectable, my ASS!

Fee
09-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Anyone who follows the NHL knows what its current leader, commissioner Gary Bettman, has done for that league since he took over almost 15 years ago, both on and off the ice. Believe it or not, that man has made worse business/marketing/labour/PR blunders and is even more despised by fans than Etienne de Villiers, yet he's still securely employed :shrug: Think that's enough of a hint as to how I voted in the poll, although I may have considered the dingo option more seriously if the word 'happily' was substituted for 'sadly'...

Does it help if I say I meant 'sadly, before he can be fired, he will be eaten by a pack of dingos'?

ChinoRios4Ever
09-01-2007, 06:36 PM
We hope so... but...

kinglear
09-01-2007, 06:52 PM

Preach! I think the nicknames are kind of cute, but at least but the nicknames in between the players' real names. PLease? :)

Lee
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM

Well, Gary Bettman is not hired by NHLPA but by NHL. Gary Bettman only needs to answer to the owners of NHL francises and not to NHL players.

Rumour
09-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, Gary Bettman is not hired by NHLPA but by NHL. Gary Bettman only needs to answer to the owners of NHL francises and not to NHL players.
That's true but the situation is comparable in that both men cater to the business side side first and seem to favour certain owners or tournaments' interests over those of some in 'less desirable' locations, while almost sidelining the players who provide the product to begin with. Admittedly I'm not very familiar with exactly how the ATP operates, although I gather it's a 'partnership' between event/tour organizers and tennis professionals.

Still, it doesn't seem like the players' council or whatever it's called has the clout to counter de Villiers before critical decisions are made and only revolt after the fact when things go really bad e.g. the round-robin fiasco. They may have the power to remove him but not the organization and resolve, at least for the next year or two IMO. Otherwise why would they have put up with the same old grievances, especially schedule-related, for so long?