3R match, who wins? Nole or JMDP? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

3R match, who wins? Nole or JMDP?

LocoPorElTenis
08-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Promises to be an exciting match between a young gun and a younger still gun. I think it'll be close but the mentally stronger player will prevail, and his name is Novak. :wavey:

kobulingam
08-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Djokovic will win first set then tire out (might also take 2nd set).

JMDP will reach the fourth round and get beaten by Hewitt.

Billabong
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
It all depends on Novak's recovery after his unbelievable battle, hopefully he'll be 100% all right:yeah:

TankingTheSet
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Nole had an absolutely marathon second round match including treatment while Del Potro crushed his opponent. Normally Nole would be strong favourite but I am not so sure now.

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Djokovic doesn't seem to recover from these kinds of matches very well. I'm going with Delpo.

Stensland
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
wow, what a match! :D stunner!

DrJules
08-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Djokovic in 3 sets.

He is much stronger and fitter than people realise. Do not not be confused by his injury breaks.

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Djokovic in 4. Potro is an aggressive baseliner who will give Djokovic the run around for stretches of the match, but Djokovic's unrelenting superb depth of groundstrokes will force Del Potro into errors and his clutch play on big points will be the clincher.

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Djokovic in 3 sets.

He is much stronger and fitter than people realise. Do not not be confused by his injury breaks.

His injury breaks don't confuse me in the LEAST...I know precisely their...ahem...purpose.

I'm saying that he seems to have a history of playing poorly after he's played a long match. We shall see, I suppose.

scarecrows
08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Djokovic in 3....timeouts

Jogy
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I hope Djokovic makes minced meat out of overhyped del Potro
I can not hear anymore talk about del Potro and how he is hyped by press without that he did something big so far

scarecrows
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm saying that he seems to have a history of playing poorly after he's played a long match. We shall see, I suppose.

what history

he destroyed Verdasco after almost went out against patience in a very long match

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:25 PM
what history

he destroyed Verdasco after almost went out against patience in a very long match

Wimby this year
Paris last year
Cincy this year
Paris this year

ReturnWinner
08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
hyped by the press? give me the link of espn or cnn sports articles talking about him

i just see argentines talking about him, almost no foreigner
I hope Djokovic makes minced meat out of overhyped del Potro
I can not hear anymore talk about del Potro and how he is hyped by press without that he did something big so far

ReturnWinner
08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Del Potro will be not easy, Fakevic will have to run alot hehehe

scarecrows
08-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Wimby this year
Paris last year
Cincy this year
Paris this year

Paris this year???? what match was the long one and what was the poor one that succeeded?

and didnt he retire injured in Wimby this year and RG last year
he wasnt playing poor at RG last year, he was playing some guy that won the tournament 3 times in a row

i give you only Cincy, which was obviously a tank, like Federer did against Hrbaty 2 years ago

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Paris this year???? what match was the long one and what was the poor one that succeeded?

and didnt he retire injured in Wimby this year and RG last year
he wasnt playing poor at RG last year, he was playing some guy that won the tournament 3 times in a row

i give you only Cincy, which was obviously a tank, like Federer did against Hrbaty 2 years ago

You're right in part - retirement isn't playing poorly...it isn't playing at all. I grant you he was playing Nadal those times, but he still seemed tired to me in those matches. Its just my opinion - it isn't as though I'm advising you to bet money on my hunches. Relax.

selyoink
08-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Djokovic will crush him in three sets. He has a day off unlike at Wimbledon where he played final two sets against Keifer, Hewitt, Baghdatis, and Nadal four straight days.

Apemant
08-31-2007, 10:13 PM
This match has so much potential... can't wait to see it :cool:

Allegretto
08-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Nole in four I reckon. Should be a good match though.

kobulingam
08-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Djokovic will crush him in three sets. He has a day off unlike at Wimbledon where he played final two sets against Keifer, Hewitt, Baghdatis, and Nadal four straight days.

Forget about Wimbledon for a second.

Djokovic started to tire/cramp after the SECOND SET (and he had no reason to be tired coming into the match since he crushed Haase in 1.2 minutes).

What makes you think Djokovic will be okay in his next matcha against JMDP? He will tire after the first set this time.

NYCtennisfan
08-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Djoko in 3, maybe 4.

*snowflake*
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I say Nole in 4 cause i don't want to underestimate Del Potro too much. I just can't see Novak losing this.

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Pink... overload... sinking into my skin... my mind...

heeeeeeeeeeeelllp me.

If you ever posted a long post my eyes would hurt by the end of it.

Clara Bow
08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't think that combined with a serve still and progress and the fact that JMDP still needs to mature into a tougher player mentally that there is much chance he can beat Nole.

*snowflake*
09-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Pink... overload... sinking into my skin... my mind...

heeeeeeeeeeeelllp me.

If you ever posted a long post my eyes would hurt by the end of it.

Oh just get over it already...we established that half of you ppl are allergic to pink and we established that i'm thickheaded enough not to change it...so you can either read it, scroll down or put me on ignore...the choice is yours, knock yourself out

Marek.
09-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Djoko in four. JMDP has had terrible luck with GS draws this year.

VolandriFan
09-01-2007, 02:47 AM
If Novak can't jump all over Juan Martin's serve, then it's JM's for the taking. Novak will of course be very fatigued, but Juan Martin doesn't have the best endurance on tour. If he can just take the first set, I don't see Nole coming back.

Voo de Mar
09-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Nole in 3, maybe one tie-break.

njnetswill
09-01-2007, 03:15 AM
hyped by the press? give me the link of espn or cnn sports articles talking about him

i just see argentines talking about him, almost no foreigner

John McEnroe just said on USA that Del Potro will be top 10 in the near future. :wavey:

Ferrero Forever
09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna say JMDP in 5. I think he's capable of causing an upset. JMDP has gotta make a breakthrough someday, and I think mabye this could be his chance.

Lori42
09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Djokovic will be too tired from his previous match. Del Potro will win in 4

Andi-M
09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Nole in 3....i hope!!!!!!!!!