Djokovic "triple and out 7s" Stepanek 6-7, 7-6, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (2) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic "triple and out 7s" Stepanek 6-7, 7-6, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6 (2)

Pages : [1] 2

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 07:55 PM
:) . . ....... :D

GREAT last tie-break Djokovic.

guapogreg08
08-31-2007, 07:55 PM
wow

LocoPorElTenis
08-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Never in doubt. Great match for both :hatoff: . Sexy too much of a tool at times, but whatever.

l_mac
Good on Djoko for gutsing that out.

ReturnWinner
great match played by both by the experience and better quality was decisive for Fakevic in the last set

Andre♥
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I've seen a lot of Grand Slam finals way worse than this one.

scarecrows
. Sexy too much of a tool at times, but whatever.

what do you mean?

sawan66278
Amazing...Djokovic, the man who was bouncing the tennis ball 24 times before each serve, is the most "amazing" actor on the ATP tour. He takes THREE injury timeouts, but somehow has the ability to leap in the air, pumping his fist after winning a critical point in the fourth set.

I am SO, SO tired of his apologists defending his actions. The man is a cheater. Plain and simple. And deserves to go to the WTA tour as dispensation for his truly wearisome tactics.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Novak, if you can't win without cheating, GO HOME!!!!

alias
Congrats Nole:worship:

Good job Radek:cool:

Dexter_1986
Great match! :worship: Well done, Nole!
Too bad I won't get to watch Ana now... :sad:

ReturnWinner
his celebrations are funny not bad, better that than than faking injuries or bouncing the ball 24343423 times
Never in doubt. Great match for both :hatoff: . Sexy too much of a tool at times, but whatever.

*Jean*
WOW! What was that? That kind of match does exist? :eek: WOW!

feuselino
08-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Great. First step towards retirement against Nadal in the semis... ;)

Apemant
Amazing...Djokovic, the man who was bouncing the tennis ball 24 times before each serve, is the most "amazing" actor on the ATP tour. He takes THREE injury timeouts, but somehow has the ability to leap in the air, pumping his fist after winning a critical point in the fourth set.

Umm, you ever heard of something called 'adrenaline'? Guess not... :devil:

RogiRafaFan86
He bugs the snot out of me, but I like him better than Stepanek, so I guess I'm glad he won. Played some really good points (and some really bad ones, which is the only reason why Stepanek could have won in the first place).

Tom Paulman
08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
What a shitty draw. As I said in the livescoring thread, this should've been at least 4th round match :( Congrats Djoko and great fight Radek

SloKid
Great match and great reaction by both in the end. :worship:

Drimal
Great thriller! :worship:

The best match from US Open 2007 so far.

rofe
Damn 5th set tie-break completely undermines what the 5th set is all about. Stupid USTA.

DrJules
A number of thoughts came to mind during the match:

Djokovic must have bounced the ball waiting to serve over 1,000 times in the match.

If Ivan Lendl had the volley of Stepanek he would have been the greatest player of all time.

Both Djokovic and Stepanek make remarkable physically recoveries after injury breaks.

Kworb
They should make a rule against bouncing the ball that often :mad:

LocoPorElTenis
what do you mean?

Poor play at clutch times, playing too defensively and letting Djoko take control of the rally, even when Sexy was serving

CassL
08-31-2007, 08:00 PM

I am SO, SO tired of his apologists defending his actions. The man is a cheater. Plain and simple. And deserves to go to the WTA tour as dispensation for his truly wearisome tactics.:mad: :mad: :mad:

here comes againn..

Stepanek took injury timeouts too, but of course..you're not gonna mention that, are you? pathetic

MattJon
That was epic. I feel sorry for Stepanek now :hug:

AndyUK
Amazing match, it was almost as close as it can possibly be all the way. Djokovic proved his superior quality in the end though.

selyoink
Some unbelievable rallies that match.

Frufru
Djoko became a braker expert. I think since february he's got the best tie-braker record of 21-3 of all players.

CyBorg
Djokovic is so composed. Aside from that one cramp he looked in control. I was almost never worried.

So it must be said - never in doubt.

cmurray
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Damn 5th set tie-break completely undermines what the 5th set is all about. Stupid USTA.

Agreed.

Tomy
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Guys... you're way too fast! The match ended 5 minutes ago, and you already made over 15 replies!!!!
Anyways, I looooooved this match! Incredible 5th set. It was nice to watch the hug Stepanek gave to Djokovic after the match... he was soooo tired that he almost fell over Nole!

Shahar26
08-31-2007, 08:02 PM
What a great game!!!

Whats up with people bashing the US Open this year, the really good matches always start at the later rounds.....

I need him to make the semis so I could see him live :worship:

Beforehand
If only they wouldn't seed 32 players, we could have some decent matches in the first couple rounds. :rolleyes:

Anyway, not much to be said. I can't think of a better match I've seen this year.

Duleml

i'm sure you wanted to say Tipsarevic!

Billabong
Outstanding battle, unbelievable mental strength by Novak in the end, well done man:D!!! Just an extremely entertaining match, Novak was tight on the return but showed some great composure in the tiebreak:worship: Now please recover in time for your next match, you deserve to go much further man:D!!!

mangoes
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Congrats to both guys...... Entertaining to say the least, and a lovely on court interview from Djokovic.

MatchFederer
Yep.. this was a great match with some STELLAR rallies, HOWEVER...

Both players were often far too passive, is Djokovic wants to keep progressing then he needs to revert back to his more aggressive self. Anyway, he got the job done in the end despite the fact that he had no ability to pull off passing shots for about the 1st 3 sets.

DrJules

Djokovic is about success and winning at all costs. Fair play and being liked are never going to be associated with Djokovic. You will just have to accept it.

Fed Express
INCREDIBLE match from both players...!!! But at least we now that Djokovic is not going to win the title...

scarecrows
Poor play at clutch times, playing too defensively and letting Djoko take control of the rally, even when Sexy was serving

ah OK, i thought it was for his cheering after points coz both players were doing more or less the same

sawan66278
Umm, you ever heard of something called 'adrenaline'? Guess not...

Um...right...

And as far as Stepanek is concerned, just because he took "injury" timeouts does not mean that Djokovic is justified in his abuse and cheating. Plain and simple: the man will do whatever it takes to win...and that includes phantom injuries, bouncing of the ball to offset the timing of opponents, etc.

And then he plays like a good sport when he wins...Listen, the man is a fraud...Yes, a mental giant...yes, a clutch player...yes, an impressive talent...but case closed: a cheater who will abuse rules act like the second coming of Maria Sharapova to win matches...

No wonder Roger can't stand him...Roger appreciates class...and Novak, when it comes to fair play, has NONE

darnyelb
jesus, that was long, and they were both playing great deep into that match. I'm puzzled why Stepanek was so pumped up for the 5th set TB but ended up playing mediocre.

cellophane
08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I felt tired watching the match. I enjoyed Fabrice-James a lot more yesterday.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Taking timeouts again? :rolleyes: That's why I can't be his fan,I like his game though.

Better luck next time,Radek! :awww: I only found his so-called antics very funny,but never annoying. :lol:

krystlel
08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
What a match! :worship: Best match of the tournament so far for me. Fifth set tie-breakers suck though, poor way to finish the match.

It was an intriguing battle with Stepanek throwing in a lot of off-pace shots, slices and mixing it up. From the fourth set onwards, I felt Stepanek tightened up a bit whenever he had a half-opportunity. Djokovic played a flawless tie-breaker though.

DrJules
They should make a rule against bouncing the ball that often :mad:

Bounceovic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bremen
Um...right...

And as far as Stepanek is concerned, just because he took "injury" timeouts does not mean that Djokovic is justified in his abuse and cheating. Plain and simple: the man will do whatever it takes to win...and that includes phantom injuries, bouncing of the ball to offset the timing of opponents, etc.

And then he plays like a good sport when he wins...Listen, the man is a fraud...Yes, a mental giant...yes, a clutch player...yes, an impressive talent...but case closed: a cheater who will abuse rules act like the second coming of Maria Sharapova to win matches...

No wonder Roger can't stand him...Roger appreciates class...and Novak, when it comes to fair play, has NONE

His first time out came right after he got broken for the first time...he wasn't cramping then...I don't know how one can defend that.

ezekiel
I wanted him to say : Am I playing tomorrow because I am ready for another 5th setter :p

cmurray
08-31-2007, 08:07 PM
J-Mac was also "amazed" at the recovery time of Nole. :lol:

THIS is the reason Federer dislikes Djokovic, people. In case you were wondering.

MatchFederer
Djokovic bounces the ball a lot but does he have a tendancy to go over the "supposed alloted time" that is allowed between points.. which is what, 25 seconds at a Slam?

ezekiel
Jim Courier was bashing Nole early and he "challenged" him to prove that he is a top player if he can win it and when he did he was quiet like a mute . What a disappointment from him :o

Angle Queen
:)

Now that's what tennis is all about. Terrific, entertaining match. Pick it (and the players) apart all you want...it was still :yeah: .

NikolaBGD
08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
sawan, stop with that shit!

You only can hate Novak...

nikita13
Superb play, Radek
Nole :D :D :D

sykotique
Steppa, Steppa, Steppa, you had chances to end this in 4, maybe 3. Oh well, you gave the #3 player in the world a run for his money.

It must be said that Djokovic is fast replacing Nadal as the player being regarded as the mentally toughest on tour. His record in 5 setters and tie breaks for his age is impressive and the ability to counterpunch throughout a set, then play aggressively and go for the throat on the big points is something he makes very good use of. Stepanek bricked some volleys he would have otherwise made had it not been the pressure, but Djokovic "stole" this match from right under him, just by keeping his cool. I say, congrats.

shotgun
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Very nice match from what I saw. It should have been a semifinal, not a second round match. It seemed to had it all: nice rallies, some great shots, a lot of drama and even sneaky gamesmanship from both players.

DrJules
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Djokovic bounces the ball a lot but does he have a tendancy to go over the "supposed alloted time" that is allowed between points.. which is what, 25 seconds at a Slam?

I think the time allowed is 30 bounces in Serbo time.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DrJules
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Very nice match from what I saw. It should have been a semifinal, not a second round match. It seemed to had it all: nice rallies, some great shots, a lot of drama and even sneaky gamesmanship from both players.

Agreed.

vamosnadal
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I think that match was just too damn good to ruin by having a dig at either player. Brilliant match, well played by both men. Such a shame it had to end on a tiebreak though...

sawan66278
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
His first time out came right after he got broken for the first time...he wasn't cramping then...I don't know how one can defend that.

He can't: plain and simple. This match was simply a sequel or continuation of his match against Monfils a few years ago. When the going gets tough, take an injury timeout, regroup, stop your opponent's momentum, and start again.

This is why players like Courier (and Roger) are reluctant to give the man credit. Until he can prove that he can win without resorting to cheating, he CANNOT be considered a player who should be respected. Players are aware that he is #3 in the world, but how he uses tactics like these AGAIN and AGAIN to get there shameful.

The only ones who justify his actions: Novak apologists, Serbian fans, and players not known for class on the court, like Johnny Mac.

Forehander
08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
wtf man change the number of bounces you can do on the friggin court and cease the time-out injury shit too. Fking cheater.

BlueSwan
08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Djokovic is a mental giant. At this moment I'd probably pick him as the winner of a deciding set tiebreak, even if the opponent is Federer or Nadal.

muniu
08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Congrats Nole ;) What a drama :eek: but first set was awful , Nole was too passive...
Good luck against JMDP :unsure:

Apemant
The only ones who justify his actions: Novak apologists, Serbian fans, and players not known for class on the court, like Johnny Mac.

There is no need to justify anything. In time he will have to learn that injury timeouts aren't there for breaking his opponent's momentum or for having a relaxing massage - but right now, he's still a kid, as far as I'm concerned.

And I think cheating is still too harsh a term for that. In many sports such things are considered 'normal tactics'. Handball, basketball, football, anything. It's not that it wins him points he didn't deserve.

Take it easy, man.

Voo de Mar
Great match with two showmans on the court :bigclap: D'Joke has proved he's one of the strongest mental player in the recent history of tennis. I'm not sure but the last time five sets went to 7-5 or 7-6 at Wimbledon 1994 when Becker beat Medvedev 6-7(5) 7-5 7-6(3) 6-7(3) 7-5.

dorkino
Great match. I am far from being a fan of Djokovic but he succeeded at hanging on till the end while i guess he wasn't "in form" for the first 2 sets at least. And he was the one with solid legs and mentality when it really mattered.

This guy is really getting good at vital tie breaks !! bravo and don't know if i am the only one feeling it, but i think he'll recover from whatever was wrong with his fitness today together with an extra confidence boost that i guess he doesn't need.:o

Stepanek :hatoff::rocker: :banghead: :cuckoo: :mad: what a show, man .. Still,too bad he threw 4:34 hrs behind his back with that last tie break.

posted by Feuselino

Great. First step towards retirement against Nadal in the semis...

U're so optimistic about Nadal and pessimistic about Djokovic. I don't think it'll happen this time. I don't see Nadal passing for that far for a start.

guga2120
08-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Great win for Novak, he is very fun watch, looking foward to see him play Lleyton if it happens.

DrJules
08-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Djokovic is a mental giant. At this moment I'd probably pick him as the winner of a deciding set tiebreak, even if the opponent is Federer or Nadal.

Certainly.

He does not have the tennis talent to win on skill alone.

justClaudia
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
what a match!

congrats to both players, was quite entertaining.

bk4ever
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
All you haters eat shit because Nole is in the locker room the winner :D

Leopold Stotch
08-31-2007, 08:21 PM
After 4 hours on court when cramp can come at any time taking preventative measures is an absolute necessary. Infact you would have to be a complete idiot not to use the time outs.

Apemant
Certainly.

He's reasonably talented but has the nerves of steel. Sort of Harry Potter thing. Gryffindor with a touch of Slytherin in him. :devil:

DrJules
There is no need to justify anything. In time he will have to learn that injury timeouts aren't there for breaking his opponent's momentum or for having a relaxing massage - but right now, he's still a kid, as far as I'm concerned.

And I think cheating is still too harsh a term for that. In many sports such things are considered 'normal tactics'. Handball, basketball, football, anything. It's not that it wins him points he didn't deserve.

Take it easy, man.

It would be incorrect to call Djokovic a cheat. He is just bending the rules to the limit.

l_mac
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
All you haters eat shit because Nole is in the locker room the winner :D

Lovely :lol:

cmurray
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Certainly.

:haha::haha::haha:

Apemant
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
It would be incorrect to call Djokovic a cheat. He is just bending the rules to the limit.

Whatever you call it, it doesn't win him points. He still has to earn them, right? That's why I love tennis; in handball, for example, the judges can pretty much direct the match as they see fit. Disgusting.

scarecrows
08-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Great match with two showmans on the court :bigclap: D'Joke has proved he's one of the strongest mental player in the recent history of tennis. I'm not sure but the last time five sets went to 7-5 or 7-6 at Wimbledon 1994 when Becker beat Medvedev 6-7(5) 7-5 7-6(3) 6-7(3) 7-5.

:eek:

loss of a myth

DrJules
08-31-2007, 08:25 PM
He's reasonably talented but has the nerves of steel. Sort of Harry Potter thing. Gryffindor with a touch of Slytherin in him. :devil:

Agreed.

But there are probably 5-10 more talented tennis players on the tour than Djokovic, but mentally cannot handle the situation.

ce2
08-31-2007, 08:30 PM
:woohoo:

Jogy
08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
glad that Stepa and his stupid shit he is doing is out, sometimes funny or entertaining, but I can't stand it other times

Frufru
08-31-2007, 08:34 PM
I still think he's got toughest draw in grand slam for a long time. Now its gonna be JMDP, then LLeyton and (if he gets over Lleyton) then Youzhny and for semi-final Nadal. I think he will need quite a lot of injury breaks to handle them all. I dont like his chances to win this tournament, put it simply.

brent-o
08-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Honestly, I don't believe in gamesmanship. Djoko can use all the time he wants in the world and I wouldn't care. Sure, it's annoying and not very sportsmanlike but you have to remember that it is also not the reason the other guy lost. And if that IS the sole reason, I pity the weak-minded on the ATP tour. The fact is both guys played great tennis.

Fed Express
08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
There is no way now that Djokovic is going to win the title.. Not that he was going to even if he was fit.

dorkino
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Posted by Shotgun
It should have been a semifinal, not a second round match. It seemed to had it all: nice rallies, some great shots, a lot of drama and even sneaky gamesmanship from both players.

Total agreement.

Jelena_78
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM

Are you really 36 ??!!:haha: :haha:

What a match! Nole,you're a hero! :worship:

Some people have Stepanek in the second round,while other play 3 rounds vs. quallies and a WC:rolleyes: :drink:

Bremen
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
He can't: plain and simple. This match was simply a sequel or continuation of his match against Monfils a few years ago. When the going gets tough, take an injury timeout, regroup, stop your opponent's momentum, and start again.

This is why players like Courier (and Roger) are reluctant to give the man credit. Until he can prove that he can win without resorting to cheating, he CANNOT be considered a player who should be respected. Players are aware that he is #3 in the world, but how he uses tactics like these AGAIN and AGAIN to get there shameful.

Exactly. McEnroe is a huge fan and approves of such tactics.

Take it easy, man.

I don't care how young he is...he's been on the tour a while now, the world's number one player called him on this shit and he's still doing it. His youth is no longer an excuse. Yes he's good looking, nice smile, crowd pleaser. If he looked like Stepanek he wouldn't get away with it as easily from the crowd.

Jelena_78
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM

You mean against Tipsy...;)

2moretogo
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
This match had it all including a 5th set tie breaker. Kind of don't know why Radek was kind of like molesting Djoko during the hug at the end. Djoko was like, "Dude thanks, but get the f'k off of me."

RonE
Amazing...Djokovic, the man who was bouncing the tennis ball 24 times before each serve

Now I've seen it all. A Rafatard complaining about bouncing the ball and taking too much time before serving :lol:

Good stuff McNoleo :yeah:

Keep on keeping on :)

jcempire
Amazing Match for Djok

cmurray
08-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Now I've seen it all. A Rafatard complaining about bouncing the ball and taking too much time before serving :lol:

:lol: I thought the same thing. He still takes less time than Raf does.

Apemant
08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't care how young he is...he's been on the tour a while now, the world's number one player called him on this shit and he's still doing it. His youth is no longer an excuse. Yes he's good looking, nice smile, crowd pleaser. If he looked like Stepanek he wouldn't get away with it as easily from the crowd.

One word: Agassi. ;)

Novak will mature in time, just the same.

RonE
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
:lol: I thought the same thing. He still takes less time than Raf does.

:wavey: Sheryl

By the way, are you in New York at the Open?

Blondie1985
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
No wonder Federer can't stand Djokovic. This match was a prime example
of his fakery. Took numerous injury timeouts only to stage a miraculous
recovery when he really needed to.

RonE
08-31-2007, 08:54 PM

Difference is, Novak has more genuineness in his left pinky than Andre Mr. Media Marketing Guru Image Is Everything Agassi ever had.

Adler
08-31-2007, 08:55 PM
chapeau-bas for both gentlemen. This was truly a tennis feast. With all emotions, changes, breaking points, turning points and so on every fan is watinig for. Another brick in Djokovic's mental wall and a very needed one concernig that he used to be irritating in the past when something had been going wrong

Kudos to Thunderlips and congrats to Nole. Get well before the next match

Bremen
08-31-2007, 08:55 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Apemant
08-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Difference is, Novak has more genuineness in his left pinky than Andre Mr. Media Marketing Guru Image Is Everything Agassi ever had.

I don't know any more. The entire world is so friggin' PC right now that I have a really hard time telling the difference between genuine honesty and manufactured public image.

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
:wavey: Sheryl

By the way, are you in New York at the Open?

Not this year, sadly. I was going to buy tickets a couple weeks ago...and there were none to be had. :lol: its getting quite popular, this US Open. ;)

Besides that, I'm still convinced that I work as a jinx to Nadal. I'm sure if I'd had tickets for tonight's session, he'd have lost on Wednesday. Its happened twice to me now. :rolleyes: :lol:

RonE
08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't know any more. The entire world is so friggin' PC right now that I have a really hard time telling the difference between genuine honesty and manufactured public image.

True. But at least Djoko doesn't pretend to be some saintly incarnation put on earth for the good of mankind and then call linespeople 'faggot' when things don't go his way in a match.

RonE
08-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Not this year, sadly. I was going to buy tickets a couple weeks ago...and there were none to be had. :lol: its getting quite popular, this US Open. ;)

Besides that, I'm still convinced that I work as a jinx to Nadal. I'm sure if I'd had tickets for tonight's session, he'd have lost on Wednesday. Its happened twice to me now. :rolleyes: :lol:

:awww:

What would it convince you to take some time off next May and have yourself a nice weekend in Paris? :devil:

CooCooCachoo
08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Nole :worship:

Good game Radek :yeah:

Merton
08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Great match, Nole was clutch in the 5th set tiebreak.

Apemant
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Great match, Nole was clutch in the 5th set tiebreak.

As expected... I mean, if he can hold his nerve playing Federer in a deciding tiebreaker, small wonder he can fend off Stepanek as well. He just pulled something extra from his feet, and Stepanek froze a bit. That's about it.

cmurray
08-31-2007, 09:06 PM
:awww:

What would it convince you to take some time off next May and have yourself a nice weekend in Paris? :devil:

:ras: Keep dreaming.

:sobbing: poor Rafa. He suffers from Cheryl-itis. Sniff.

freesbee
08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Amazing match, I really enjoyed it. As for all the people calling Novak a cheat... You can say what you want, but he's playing it by the rules :shrug: Medical time-outs are allowed as far as I know. Besides, in a match of this length and intensity, it's only natural that players are going to use time-outs.

Novak :worship: :yeah:
Too bad for Stepanek, he played well :)

ReturnWinner
08-31-2007, 09:12 PM
True. But at least Djoko doesn't pretend to be some saintly incarnation put on earth for the good of mankind and then call linespeople 'faggot' when things don't go his way in a match.

Fakevic pretends to play the nice boy role too

Bremen
08-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Amazing match, I really enjoyed it. As for all the people calling Novak a cheat... You can say what you want, but he's playing it by the rules :shrug: Medical time-outs are allowed as far as I know. Besides, in a match of this length and intensity, it's only natural that players are going to use time-outs.

Novak :worship: :yeah:
Too bad for Stepanek, he played well :)

I never said he broke the rules, oh and by the way if you watched the match you'd know that novak took a break very early on right after he got broken...explain that. Sure Stepanek took one too but way at the end.

NYCtennisfan
08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
I was at this match today and the atmosphere was electric. Standing room only, people trying to get in during he 3rd, 4th and 5th sets, cheering for both sides...it was incredible.

Radek used his wonderful all-court game and great tactics to get the better of Djoko who has the better ground game and it frustrated Djoko. Radek's little antics were also getting under Djoko's skin as Djoko was whining a lot, doing that thing where he puts his hands on his hips as if asking, "Did I hit that?", throwing the racquet, and being quite impatient and rude with the ballkids. Radek was Radek--annoying.

Radek had Djoko on the ropes in the 4th set when he had two BP's at 15-40 at 2-2 I think and hit some weak shots hoping for Djoko to make mistakes; Djoko didn't and from that point, I knew Djoko would pull it out. Incredible mental toughness from him and great all-around play from Stepanek. I wanted to see THE WORM at the end of this, but oh well.

NikolaBGD
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
I can't understand some people....you watched this briliant match, and after that you write about cheating, fake injuries...

You have some problems in your life....

NikolaBGD
08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
"We played an amazing match. The match was unforgettable," Djokovic said. "I really don't know what to say. I'm really exhausted. I have no energy. I smell my shoes. They are so stinky."

:)

*snowflake*
08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yea it was a great match but i prefere the ones where i don't have to sit on the edge of the chair for 5 hours losing my god damn mind

euroka1
08-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I was at this match today and the atmosphere was electric. Standing room only, people trying to get in during he 3rd, 4th and 5th sets, cheering for both sides...it was incredible.

Radek used his wonderful all-court game and great tactics to get the better of Djoko who has the better ground game and it frustrated Djoko. Radek's little antics were also getting under Djoko's skin as Djoko was whining a lot, doing that thing where he puts his hands on his hips as if asking, "Did I hit that?", throwing the racquet, and being quite impatient and rude with the ballkids. Radek was Radek--annoying.

Radek had Djoko on the ropes in the 4th set when he had two BP's at 15-40 at 2-2 I think and hit some weak shots hoping for Djoko to make mistakes; Djoko didn't and from that point, I knew Djoko would pull it out. Incredible mental toughness from him and great all-around play from Stepanek. I wanted to see THE WORM at the end of this, but oh well.

Thanks for the report. I'm on another continent and am still catching up. Stepanek can be very very good when in form. In Washington, he came as close as anyone to taking Roddick apart but he was not at his best then. Volleys into the net, etc.

I hope he'll be around for a while.

aeronatasha
08-31-2007, 10:33 PM
I loved the match. I knew it would be difficult, but not this heavy.
I'd like to see anyone go through 4:44h without taking time-outs.
Novak wasn't trying to annoy Radek by any means, he was simply trying to rest a bit.
And Novak would never steal a point, nor did I ever see him trying to mock his opponents. And he also respects what others do well.
I don't remember seeing Fed or Rafa ever applauding other players after a good point on their part.

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 10:36 PM
The match was 4:44h?

In that case, Djokovic triple 7's Sexy in triple 4.

aeronatasha
08-31-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd also like to say hi to everyone, since I'm a newbee.:)

sawan66278
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM

Taking injury timeouts because of fatigue, lack of fitness, and/or trying to change momentum is cheating. Case closed. Cheater with a 1000 watt smile...

If the Emperor from Star Wars existed in our world, he would say to Djokovic, "You will be known as...Darth Cheater."

Marek.
08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't think I would be saying this but I agree with sawan to a certain extent. It's no coincidence that he's always injured in these epics that he ends up winning. One of the reasons that I can't be a fan of him.

Bremen
08-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I didn't think I would be saying this but I agree with sawan to a certain extent. It's no coincidence that he's always injured in these epics that he ends up winning. One of the reasons that I can't be a fan of him.

he'll be fine for his next match.

Caio_Brasil
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Epic.

smitty8
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Entertaining match. It was difficult for me to work while trying to keep up with it, but I managed. ;)

rocketassist
08-31-2007, 11:11 PM
:worship: :worship: to both players, Nole for fighting to the death and MC Steppa for proving that serve-volley is far from dead yet.

Voo de Mar
08-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Djokovic & Stepanek have equaled the record of the most games in US Open - 63.
1979: J.Lloyd def. P.McNamee 5-7 6-7 7-5 7-6 7-6

musefanatic
08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
It was an amazing match, and i loved every second of it :D Found new respect for Stepanek, even if that thing he did with his tongue nearly made me sick :lol: But yeah, both men deserved to win and Nole just managed to get it done in the end. Well done Nole, very well done, true battling qualities shown by both. They really were awesome, Stepanek's a really tricky player. Now Novak just needs a good rest and good luck to him for the next round :)

Jovan76
08-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I think the time allowed is 30 bounces in Serbo time.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are full of shit. That is all

Andi-M
08-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I cant believe people have the nerve to say Djoko was faking....He was cramping it was a long match even at the beginning of the 4th set they'd been playing for over 3 hours so whats your problem.

Ya'll are just pissed that Nole won :nerner:

I love Nole reason no1 he just REFUSES to lose!

Andi-M
08-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh and btw What a match best match of the tournament by far.

And Radek played amazing and showed great heart!

Both players deserved the standing ovation they received!!

aeronatasha
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
What a match for a R2. Felt like semis really.
Loved the display from both of them.
Nole went a bit too wide on the sides, but still.
Very well done.
Wish him best of luck, cause his draw is probably the toughest one.

Alex999
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Wow, that was just amazing. Nole is tough.

cmorais24
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
I cant believe people have the nerve to say Djoko was faking....He was cramping it was a long match even at the beginning of the 4th set they'd been playing for over 3 hours so whats your problem.

Yeah, they just don't know what is playing for over 4 and a half hours! It's obvious he wasn't faking...but for those who don't like Djokovic is easy to say that. One advice: open your eyes and think with your mind and not with your heart!

hyperp
08-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Amazing game, this should have been at least quarter-finals match. To this people bashing Djokovic, I mean... are you crazy? I'm glad that he won AND made you cry and whine, like what you are, a no-point haters :) .

To sort some things... Djokovic is only 20 years old, he had break-through year and he isn't used to playing this much, so of course he runs out of gass sometimes and gets problems with soreness or injuries. Of course he is gonna ask for timeout in this situations, you want to win, you are playing Grand Slam, he used the rules and took a massage from trainer, wow big deal. Also... are you blind... Stepanek did the same... they were playing ALMOST 5 HOURS, its easy to sit in your chair and talk shit like you know something, 5 HOURS running and playing is SICK and tiresome to ANYBODY.
Also, he didn't use 3 timeouts, only 1... these 2 other times, "doctor" came for quick sessions when they had breaks between 2 games. Anyway, I'm glad he won, incredible game, incredible mental strenght, he is just amazing and im also glad that he made you haters cry and whine again, hehe... (even thou your arguments for hating are totally off).

Bremen
09-01-2007, 12:02 AM

Yeah, they just don't know what is playing for over 4 and a half hours! It's obvious he wasn't faking...but for those who don't like Djokovic is easy to say that. One advice: open your eyes and think with your mind and not with your heart!

Amazing game, this should have been at least quarter-finals match. To this people bashing Djokovic, I mean... are you crazy? I'm glad that he won AND made you cry and whine, like what you are, a no-point haters :) .

To sort some things... Djokovic is only 20 years old, he had break-through year and he isn't used to playing this much, so of course he runs out of gass sometimes and gets problems with soreness or injuries. Of course he is gonna ask for timeout in this situations, you want to win, you are playing Grand Slam, he used the rules and took a massage from trainer, wow big deal. Also... are you blind... Stepanek did the same... they were playing ALMOST 5 HOURS, its easy to sit in your chair and talk shit like you know something, 5 HOURS running and playing is SICK and tiresome to ANYBODY.
Also, he didn't use 3 timeouts, only 1... these 2 other times, "doctor" came for quick sessions when they had breaks between 2 games. Anyway, I'm glad he won, incredible game, incredible mental strenght, he is just amazing and im also glad that he made you haters cry and whine again, hehe... (even thou your arguments for hating are totally off).

Ok...did you read my posts?? He got broken early on in the match. There was no cramping. He called for the trainer. These are facts. Check the live scores thread if you don't believe me.

CassL
09-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Ok...did you read my posts?? He got broken early on in the match. There was no cramping. He called for the trainer. These are facts. Check the live scores thread if you don't believe me.

He got broken in the third set..after two and half hours already. And people have observed that he was cramping around that time so obviously the injury timeout was legit.

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Novak was broken in the third set, after playing 28 games.
Check the stats.

Bremen
09-01-2007, 12:10 AM
He got broken in the third set..after two and half hours already. And people have observed that he was cramping around that time so obviously the injury timeout was legit.

Whatever. I watched the match and followed the live scores. The cramping didn't happen until later.

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 12:12 AM
I watched the match too. And it was tough to watch, let alone play.
Give him a break.

Bremen
09-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I watched the match too. And it was tough to watch, let alone play.
Give him a break.

Look, I like him for the most part. But I just can't get over these tactics...but if you're a fan you're going to view these actions through rose coloured glasses.

I think he's developed some bad habits and like Nadal reverts to them when he's in a tough situation.

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I really don't want to influence your opinion in any way.
If that's how you feel, that he's faking, fine.
I met the guy, and watched quite a bit of his matches and he's known here for his honesty, not posing.
Of course I like him, but just because I'm Serbian, doesn't mean I'll lose all perspective.
I think he tries really hard and ends up feeling too out of breath.
I also think he'll improve. :)

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 12:26 AM
And hopefully won't annoy you so much.

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I cant believe people have the nerve to say Djoko was faking....

No one is doubting the fact that in the fourth and fifth sets, he may have been fatiguing and cramping. However, as was stated previously, he was clearly NOT injured at the BEGINNING of the third. He cheated to switch the momentum.

And for all of those who claim he has a "right" to the timeout because of cramping, injury timeouts are not allowed to be used because of "lack of fitness"....which is part of the game. Darth Cheater is not fit enough to last in these matches PLUS he cheats to break a player's momentum.

I wonder when we'll start seeing his obnoxious coach in the stands telling him to eat four bananas and not three:rolleyes:

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 12:51 AM
We disagree.

Tobi
09-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Well done Novak,great effort by both.

Though it is amazing how Novak geting these "time out"s and then running and geting impossible shots back and then jumping with joy here and there :lol:

Same routine at every close match :lol:

Andi-M
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
No one is doubting the fact that in the fourth and fifth sets, he may have been fatiguing and cramping. However, as was stated previously, he was clearly NOT injured at the BEGINNING of the third. He cheated to switch the momentum.

And for all of those who claim he has a "right" to the timeout because of cramping, injury timeouts are not allowed to be used because of "lack of fitness"....which is part of the game. Darth Cheater is not fit enough to last in these matches PLUS he cheats to break a player's momentum.

I wonder when we'll start seeing his obnoxious coach in the stands telling him to eat four bananas and not three:rolleyes:

And you know the in's and outs of Nole's body ad how he feels at any one time :rolleyes:

It was hot, humid conditions even playing 28 games could cause cramping the match was still 2 hours old st this point. Your acting like he took it after 20 minutes.

Btw; He is entitiled to the timeout why not take it even if its something small. He uses the rules that are there he's not cheating anybody and if players are distrated by a few minutes delay then they are WEAK!

and as it happens Stepanek wasn't and went on to win the 3rd set!
So your point is...

dj_mercury
09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Cramping do not last for 5 minutes and they suddenly disappear, although you play other 2 hours. If you get cramp in a middle of the match you are almost busted.

aeronatasha
09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
He was quite pissed off at some points.
It is possible to be able to jump out of sheer adrenaline.
At the start of the 5th set, Radek seemed to be full of life, and as things started to become difficult for him, he somehow looked deflated.
I think both of them were really, really tired at the end.
They're actually good friends off court.

Alex999
09-01-2007, 01:07 AM

You are too harsh. It was an amazing match. Novak is so young. His body is still developing. I think he is going to be a great champion.
Tennis needs more players like Djokovic.

Voo de Mar
09-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Two more winnning tie-breaks for Nole here and his tie-break record is still incredibly good: 52-18 -> 0.742 :yeah:

Alex999
09-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Voo de Mar, I just love your nick. Sounds so cool :)

Farenhajt
09-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Nole haters, just go lick Nole's smelly shoe :) (you're allowed to take a digestive-system-injury break after that)

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-01-2007, 03:19 AM
The Mental Superiority of Nole and Rafa is amazing.

I love how they destroy the idiots on the ATP tour.

Spartans :worship:

Kolya
09-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Stepanek choke?

Bremen
09-01-2007, 03:24 AM
And hopefully won't annoy you so much.

:wavey: :wavey:

Interesting that I as a so called "hater" am in the minority. If this was a year ago novak would be getting a lot more shit...his bandwagon has really filled up fast. LOL

I guess if 1000 people scream something that isn't true it becomes true...

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Let's just pray that Darth Cheater used up all of his dark side powers in this round.

For a world #3 to cheat in this manner, in the words of MTF, "pathetic".

Alex999
09-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Let's just pray that Darth Cheater used up all of his dark side powers in this round.

oh, just go fuck yourself loser

my0118
09-01-2007, 03:40 AM

Actually bouncing a ball 300 times before serving a lot annoys me if it is counted than him gettin massages.

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 03:42 AM

Ah...a comment truly indicative of the class shown by followers of Darth Cheater himself.

ChinoRios4Ever
09-01-2007, 03:48 AM
amazing match :worship:

GlennMirnyi
09-01-2007, 03:51 AM
his celebrations are funny not bad, better that than than faking injuries or bouncing the ball 24343423 times

So true.

Um...right...

Funny a Rafa-retard saying that, but it's all true. Can't disagree. A disgrace for the sport. At first it was like "ah, okay, he's still a kid". Now he's the freaking #3 and keeps doing that.

Great win for Novak, he is very fun watch, looking foward to see him play Lleyton if it happens.

He's boring as hell - PMH.

True.

Hey newbie, if it wasn't enough for you to come here making stupid posts in the wrong forums you think you can simply dish out your shit around?

cmurray
09-01-2007, 03:59 AM
I don't "hate" Djokovic, but I was pulling for Steps here. Its nice to see him playing great again (be gone Hingis curse).

I don't know what to say about Nole and his injury massages. I like to give players the benefit of the doubt, but it gets increasingly difficult with Djoko.

Alex999
09-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Djoko will win this shit, love you all

Jovan76
09-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Ah...a comment truly indicative of the class shown by followers of Darth Cheater himself.

my0118
09-01-2007, 04:08 AM
I don't "hate" Djokovic, but I was pulling for Steps here. Its nice to see him playing great again (be gone Hingis curse).

I don't know what to say about Nole and his injury massages. I like to give players the benefit of the doubt, but it gets increasingly difficult with Djoko.

Exactly. Bouncing the ball many times can be taken just as his habit I'm irritated by, but taking the medical timeout for getting a massage especially when he's losing is just not fair.

Alex999
09-01-2007, 04:17 AM
So true.

Funny a Rafa-retard saying that, but it's all true. Can't disagree. A disgrace for the sport. At first it was like "ah, okay, he's still a kid". Now he's the freaking #3 and keeps doing that.

He's boring as hell - PMH.

True.

Hey newbie, if it wasn't enough for you to come here making stupid posts in the wrong forums you think you can simply dish out your shit around?
I/m 40 yo. I know what I'm talking about. I admired Borg long time a go.
So go fuck yourself loser.

GlennMirnyi
09-01-2007, 04:18 AM

The only thing you probably know is about Viagra old man.

l_mac
09-01-2007, 04:20 AM

I was just thinking that MTF really needed another aggressive, super defensive fanboy who curses a lot.

Welcome :)

Jovan76
09-01-2007, 04:20 AM
but taking the medical timeout for getting a massage especially when he's losing is just not fair.

Cry me a river. You're a moron btw. It doesn't stop Stepanek beating him if he could. Nor is it cheating or unfair because its within the rules. And yes, you're a moron.

GlennMirnyi
09-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Mods, double account alert!

my0118
09-01-2007, 04:27 AM
Cry me a river. You're a moron btw. It doesn't stop Stepanek beating him if he could. Nor is it cheating or unfair because its within the rules. And yes, you're a moron.

A member who only posted 4 times saying loser and moron incessantly is definitely someone who has a duplicate account. :lol: :retard:
Get a life jerk.

buddyholly
09-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Nole nearly lost this match because his ball bouncing was way off form today. It was very erratic, with no rhythm. Usually it is the most consistent and reliable part of his game. He has the best ball bounce in the business when things are going well. He really needs to practice his ball bouncing before his next match.

buddyholly
09-01-2007, 04:48 AM

Viagra definitely levels the playing field.

buddyholly
09-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Taking injury timeouts because of fatigue, lack of fitness, and/or trying to change momentum is cheating. Case closed. Cheater with a 1000 watt smile...

What is the matter with the present crop of umpires? All this cheating going on right under their noses and they just sit there in their high chairs and do nothing about it. Disgraceful!!!

Scotso
09-01-2007, 05:03 AM
Nole :yeah:

HarryMan
09-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Well the lesson I learnt from this match is never bet against Djokovic even if he is two sets to one down ,and a break down in the fourth set ....

Mentally I guess he could be very well the strongest player at the moment, even ahead of both Nadal and Federer ...

the_natural
09-01-2007, 05:22 AM

Yes, I like him also

Bremen
09-01-2007, 05:28 AM
What is the matter with the present crop of umpires? All this cheating going on right under their noses and they just sit there in their high chairs and do nothing about it. Disgraceful!!!

They don't enforce the rules properly. Especially about challenges, they allow way too much time for the player to decide.

Alex999
09-01-2007, 05:39 AM
I was just thinking that MTF really needed another aggressive, super defensive fanboy who curses a lot.

Welcome :)
lol. thank you :)

star
09-01-2007, 05:55 AM
I just finally finished watching the match. Well, actually, I only watched from the middle of the third set onward.

I loved to see Djokovic's spirit throughout the match. He was able to smile and laugh during the match plus play some great tennis. I really like this young man.

Action Jackson
09-01-2007, 05:58 AM
The battle of the gamesmanship, good old Scott Draper called it very early hahaha.

Loved Thunder Lips's orange shorts and not a bad match, too bad the 5th set tiebreaker disease had to decide it.

Canas Betmaster
09-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Well,
you can hate Djokovic but he will be No.1 so thats all you can do about it.

I can understand that someone likes him and someone not,but to call him a cheater
just because he use his rights on court is unfair.

Are you actually watch the match ? Stepanek was tired too and he take one pause to recover his energy but no one call him a cheater.

Ball tipping ? Is that a joke ? Henman and Nadal needs a LOT more time between two points but that doesent bother you.

Federer play his worst tennis in past few years and he hate Djokovic because he
recognise him as a player who will be next No.1.Thats very clear.Fuckin robot.

Action Jackson
09-01-2007, 06:48 AM

Well said man.

vincayou
09-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Good match, but Novak is really getting on my nerves with his 30 times ball bouncing on important points. And I'd like to see him win a close match in a slam once without an injury timeout. Just once.

Radek was so Radek it was funny.

Bart.
09-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Damn Radek, so close :mad:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Good match, but Novak is really getting on my nerves with his 30 times ball bouncing on important points. And I'd like to see him win a close match in a slam once without an injury timeout. Just once.

You'll be waiting an awful long time before Novak does such a thing, probably the length of his career.

Beat
09-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Djokovic, the man who was bouncing the tennis ball 24 times before each serve
yeah, it's really starting to get on my nerves, unfortunately.

ivanban
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Well done Nole on pulling this one off :worship:
And Hewitt going out to Calleri :haha: Draw is getting better and better :)

Halba
09-01-2007, 09:05 AM
if wimbledon was any guide, nole has once again expended too much energy and his grand slam participation is 1 or 2 rounds to being over

JMDP will eat him up next round for his first breakthrough victory.

scarecrows
09-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Federer play his worst tennis in past few years and he hate Djokovic because he
recognise him as a player who will be next No.1.Thats very clear.Fuckin robot.

:eek:

:retard:

scarecrows
09-01-2007, 09:11 AM

40 and all you say is 'go fuck yourself'

congrats :yeah:

scoobs
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Great match.

This does, however, highlight how Djokovic's lack of a huge weapon really hurts him against certain styles of players - he really gets embroiled in these incredibly long and drawn-out matches because he has nothing huge to finish a point with, and a lack of willingness to get forward often enough to finish it there. The result is these WW1 style trench warfare matches where it takes a long time before any quarter is given. He needs to develop strategies to shorten these matches.

HarryMan
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
if wimbledon was any guide, nole has once again expended too much energy and his grand slam participation is 1 or 2 rounds to being over

Well the situation is not exactly the same .There he was required to play 4 matches in 4 days(Kiefer,Hewitt,Baggy and Nadal in back to back days) which also includes 9 hrs of tennis in two straight days .

Here he gets the day off between matches which is really important and could do him a world of good as compared to what happened at Wimbledon.

And besides he had a really long hard match with Patience at the French open this year but that didn't stop him from reaching the Semi's there .

JustDoIt
09-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Match of the tournament, so far.

Mateya
09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
:eek: :eek:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Unbeliveable match.

Snowwy
09-01-2007, 02:50 PM

JMDP haha, he is a joke, there is no way that m,atch will be close. Did anyone get an easier early round draw than him?

40 and all you say is 'go fuck yourself'

congrats :yeah:

Hes a real biiiiig guy eh :rolleyes:

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
:haha: :haha: Good one, Glenn.

Darth Cheater reminds of Agassi during his early, punk years. He would applaud for his opponents, play to the crowd, and act like he was a "good ol' boy"...much like Isiah Thomas back in the day. In reality, he was, simply, a spoiled, arrogant, ass.

Andre changed, and became the epitomy of class and dignity. I believe that, with his clone army of enablers and apologists, he will remain what he is today: a cheater who embodies the style and class of another "real winner": Vlade Divac.

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 03:16 PM
By the way, how many NBA titles did Vlade win? Hmmm...:tape: :tape:

Alex999
09-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Darth Cheater reminds of Agassi during his early, punk years. He would applaud for his opponents, play to the crowd, and act like he was a "good ol' boy"...much like Isiah Thomas back in the day. In reality, he was, simply, a spoiled, arrogant, ass.

Andre changed, and became the epitomy of class and dignity. I believe that, with his clone army of enablers and apologists, he will remain what he is today: a cheater who embodies the style and class of another "real winner": Vlade Divac.

Sorry I called you a loser. I had too many glasses of wine last night and you were pissing me off :)

NikolaBGD
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
sawan, go to the doctor, you need a rest..

Like a Star Wars fan, you reminds me on some imperor soldier, ugly but weak...your way of talk belongs "The dark side of the forse"...

Maybe Joda can help you;)

p.s Nole is Han Solo;)

Magenta
09-01-2007, 04:07 PM

And there it is right there... the missing link, Saw I now completely understand the root of your issue with Djokovic. :)

Magenta
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Sorry I called you a loser. I had too many glasses of wine last night and you were pissing me off :)

He uses star wars metaphors, no need for the apology ;)

Merton
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
The battle of the gamesmanship, good old Scott Draper called it very early hahaha.

Loved Thunder Lips's orange shorts and not a bad match, too bad the 5th set tiebreaker disease had to decide it.

The funny thing is that the effect may be marginal, it is not as if that back massage in the 4th set was the decisive factor in Nole getting the W here. His performances against GGL and Nieminen were trully artistic, yesterday was nothing compared to those.

I hope Nole will realize that he doesn't need those acts, he is too good already to prevail without them.

Sleepwalker64
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM

I guess 36 is your IQ number
Somebody left the madhouse unlocked

Bremen
09-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I guess 36 is your IQ number
Somebody left the madhouse unlocked

Do serbs have any cred here when it comes to objectivity??? Give me a break.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Do serbs have any cred here when it comes to objectivity???

When it comes to pulling for one of their own: the answer appears to be "no".

As far as my i.q. is concerned (and the Star Wars metaphors), trying to make headway in discussing matters with Serbian fans of Darth Cheater is like waiting for Godot.

Sleepwalker64
09-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Objectivity?

Who are you Joseph Goebbels?:confused:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Objectivity?

:confused:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Objectivity?

You must think I'm German because my username is a german city. Is that it?

Even if I was german what would that have to do with anything??

Sleepwalker64
09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
You must think I'm German because my username is a german city. Is that it?

Even if I was german what would that have to do with anything??

You missed the point. No, it doesn't have anything with germans, but with Goebbels PR methods.
You don't know who Goebbels was?
If I repeat a lie 1000 times, it becomes truth?

Bremen
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
You missed the point. No, it doesn't have anything with germans, but with Goebbels PR methods.
You don't know who Goebbels was?
If I repeat a lie 1000 times, it becomes truth?

Silly me, yes I know Goebbels. Using my own quote against me, very clever.

My mistake notwithstanding I was talking about Serbs and objectivity. I don't think you have an unbiased opinion.

NikolaBGD
09-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Stop argue with that losers...

Bremen
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Stop argue with that losers...

Basically we aren't going to agree...you don't think Novak uses these time outs on purpose, I think he does so we're never going to get anywhere.
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: bye bye

Sleepwalker64
09-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Actually, I wasn't talking to you...it was for this american LA Lakers clown, but you interfered.

It's competition. Anything is allowed to win the match. It's hundred times worse in any other sports. I really don't get it why is that such a big deal. If u are Rafa or Fed fan, I would understand your comments. I think that that match was incredible in every meaning of the word. And to ruin this thread with such non important things it's a...I don't know...annoying? Both players played brilliant match and I felt privileged just by watching it, and the way they ended that marathon showed me that they have mutual respect and love if u want, for each other.

I don't like his injury breaks nothing more than you, but I have nothing against his bouncing. That's his way of concentration, and he have a nerves of steel. Until someone forbid that part of his preparation...everything is legal. Everything that is not strictly forbidden - it's allowed. It's simply ...tactic.
Novak is 20 years old. His body is still developing, and everybody knows that stamina is his biggest problem, but I'll repeat once more...he didn't break any rule. I don't mind if u hate him for this, or whatever...but I do mind when somebody ruins this kind of threads by repeating "obvious truth" that he saw 10 times.

And yes, my opinion is biased, for sure. But I'm trying to be unbiased, I'm trying very hard.

RonE
09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
p.s Nole is Han Solo;)

Good comparison.

I guess Fat Dave is Jabba the Hut then?

Bremen
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Actually, I wasn't talking to you...it was for this american LA Lakers clown, but you interfered.

It's competition. Anything is allowed to win the match. It's hundred times worse in any other sports. I really don't get it why is that such a big deal. If u are Rafa or Fed fan, I would understand your comments. I think that that match was incredible in every meaning of the word. And to ruin this thread with such non important things it's a...I don't know...annoying? Both players played brilliant match and I felt privileged just by watching it, and the way they ended that marathon showed me that they have mutual respect and love if u want, for each other.

I don't like his injury breaks nothing more than you, but I have nothing against his bouncing. That's his way of concentration, and he have a nerves of steel. Until someone forbid that part of his preparation...everything is legal. Everything that is not strictly forbidden - it's allowed. It's simply ...tactic.
Novak is 20 years old. His body is still developing, and everybody knows that stamina is his biggest problem, but I'll repeat once more...he didn't break any rule. I don't mind if u hate him for this, or whatever...but I do mind when somebody ruins this kind of threads by repeating "obvious truth" that he saw 10 times.

And yes, my opinion is biased, for sure. But I'm trying to be unbiased, I'm trying very hard.

Alright, you seem to me like a very nice intelligent person. So I'm glad we agree his injury breaks are not needed. As for not responding to me, you quoted me in your comment about Goebbels...

I know it's not against the rules, that's what is so frustrating to me because he will always get away with it. Same thing on the WTA tour with all the fake injury pullouts. Nobody's going to question it. I think Novak is good enough to win without this scheming.

And ruining a thread??? This is a thread to discuss the match, not Novak's board. So if you want only one opinion, please go there.

It's hard to be unbiased for sure, I mean I voted for dancevic to beat safin.

DrJules
09-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Watching Federer vs. Isner I realise how much one should appreciate the tennis played by Djokovic and Stepanek.

Bremen
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Watching Federer vs. Isner I realise how much one should appreciate the tennis played by Djokovic and Stepanek.

Federer/ Isner is painful to watch. I'm glad they kept with the Lopez match as long as they did.

Alex999
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM

Funny thing, I was just about to make the same statment, lol

Lee
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Alright, you seem to me like a very nice intelligent person. So I'm glad we agree his injury breaks are not needed. As for not responding to me, you quoted me in your comment about Goebbels...

I know it's not against the rules, that's what is so frustrating to me because he will always get away with it. Same thing on the WTA tour with all the fake injury pullouts. Nobody's going to question it. I think Novak is good enough to win without this scheming.

And ruining a thread??? This is a thread to discuss the match, not Novak's board. So if you want only one opinion, please go there.

It's hard to be unbiased for sure, I mean I voted for dancevic to beat safin.

I agree with the highlighted part. He didn't need any injury timeout vs Roddick, Nadal and Federer in Canada and still won those matches, so why he had to "fake" injury?

His first timeout was 3rd set after broken. I was watching the match and I could see he's very tight. As Jim Courier said, there is tons of expectation on him coming into USO so the pressure is great. As a fan of him, my stomach was rolling just watching the match. So would it be possible that the nerve gets to him and he started cramping, especially when he's down a break? This happens to many players before so why couldn't this happen to him? Also, it's already 2 1/2 hours into play with high humidity and lots of hittings for each point.

For the remaining timeouts, even Novak's #1 hater on this board agreed those were not fake. So I rest my case here.

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM

you will always find something to whine about and whining it is. If you don't like him don't come into his threads or just retire from tennis posting . Your posts are too repetitive and none too informative.

Great match.

This does, however, highlight how Djokovic's lack of a huge weapon really hurts him against certain styles of players - he really gets embroiled in these incredibly long and drawn-out matches because he has nothing huge to finish a point with, and a lack of willingness to get forward often enough to finish it there. The result is these WW1 style trench warfare matches where it takes a long time before any quarter is given. He needs to develop strategies to shorten these matches.

Yours too, just stick to Murray. Hating on Nole by spreading uncertainty and doubt doesn't make Murray any better.

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 09:39 PM

I don't think you are real . You are seeking attention on msg board, is that it :confused: :wavey:

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree with the highlighted part. He didn't need any injury timeout vs Roddick, Nadal and Federer in Canada and still won those matches, so why he had to "fake" injury?

His first timeout was 3rd set after broken. I was watching the match and I could see he's very tight. As Jim Courier said, there is tons of expectation on him coming into USO so the pressure is great. As a fan of him, my stomach was rolling just watching the match. So would it be possible that the nerve gets to him and he started cramping, especially when he's down a break? This happens to many players before so why couldn't this happen to him? Also, it's already 2 1/2 hours into play with high humidity and lots of hittings for each point.

For the remaining timeouts, even Novak's #1 hater on this board agreed those were not fake. So I rest my case here.

you are assuming too much , what's the point of taking a break after being broken?

None whatsoever, I watched a recording and it was a typical hard match with heat and humidity and it's expected that there will be some breaks in a 5 hour match and that's why it was a high quality match

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM

that's ironic as you didn't seem to appreciate it yesterday choosing only to whine about the time outs :rolleyes: :o :wavey:

Jaap
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
You're boring, Ezekiel.

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
you may be right since I am giving unecessary attention to those who desperatelly seek it and take them way too seriously , including you . Mea Culpa

I usually enjoy critics and even "haters" but some just lack proper imagination and knowledge to do it and make it just a pity

DrJules
09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
that's ironic as you didn't seem to appreciate it yesterday choosing only to whine about the time outs :rolleyes: :o :wavey:

The injury breaks and excessive balls bouncing remain an irritation even if was a great match.

Ma. Estefania
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
This has been the only match, in which, I have secretly cheered for Radek....

Bremen
09-01-2007, 10:19 PM
The injury breaks and excessive balls bouncing remain an irritation even if was a great match.

Ditto.

Ezekiel, are you not seeking attention as well? Why else post here??

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 10:30 PM

Not to me but because of those things the match was very entertaining and very rewarding for Nole and his fans in the end. Were you irritated with the final result also :hug: :silly: :hysteric:

DrJules
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Not to me but because of those things the match was very entertaining and very rewarding for Nole and his fans in the end. Were you irritated with the final result also :hug: :silly: :hysteric:

Still looking forward to the Nadal vs. Djokovic semi-final on stupid Saturday.

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Ditto.

Ezekiel, are you not seeking attention as well? Why else post here??

So you admit to seeking attention :topic:

I want to talk only about tennis here good or bad and no I don't want attention especially by insulting ethnic groups like you did . Now we are finished :wavey:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 10:54 PM
So you admit to seeking attention :topic:

I want to talk only about tennis here good or bad and no I don't want attention especially by insulting ethnic groups like you did . Now we are finished :wavey:

Of course I admit to it....you seek the same attention as anyone else on this board yourself so don't be so high and mighty.

I never insulted an ethnic group. There was nothing racist in my comments if you read them properly. It's a fact that generally people from a certain player's country will support them. I feel the same way about Dancevic as a Canadian myself. I know I'm biased.

You're way out of line.

ezekiel
09-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Still looking forward to the Nadal vs. Djokovic semi-final on stupid Saturday.

I am looking forward to it, I am not sure why you would though :rolleyes:

buddyholly
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

time out time out time out time out time out time out time out time out time out time oput time out time out time out time out time out time out time out time out

ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass pick sock pull ass poick sock pull..............................

Thankfully the Rugby World Cup will be underway by the time that snoozer rolls around.

sawan66278
09-01-2007, 11:42 PM
It's competition. Anything is allowed to win the match.

This comment shows the sad, sorry state of Darth Cheater's Serbian fans. Anything goes. Um sorry, but that is not true. If that were the case, than let's just open up the labs in all the tennis nations and produce "super soldier" formulas so players can serve 250 m.p.h. serves...and die by age 35...with shrunken private parts as par for the course. There ARE limits...in sports. There are even rules of engagement in warfare (see the Geneva Conventions). Check yourself, my friend...and leave your tribal favoritism at the door.

Now, to be objective, I think Rafa's excessive delaying and pulling at shorts, etc. should also be curtailed. It annoys me...and I believe it is WRONG. Case closed. Sorry, but I beleive in the Ivan Lendl school of delaying tactics. But then again, I believe if you cannot win without cheating, you might as well not win at all.

buddyholly
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Case closed.

Just like your mind.

ezekiel
09-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Of course I admit to it....you seek the same attention as anyone else on this board yourself so don't be so high and mighty.

I never insulted an ethnic group. There was nothing racist in my comments if you read them properly. It's a fact that generally people from a certain player's country will support them. I feel the same way about Dancevic as a Canadian myself. I know I'm biased.

You're way out of line.

Why would I seek attention here :rolleyes: and I will likely never meet 99.9% of the people here so that's another wrong assumption. I come here just to talk tennis but occasionally stuff happens and we talk about non sense like this .

Look back 3-4 pages and it's obvious you were looking to provoke and you really said nothing substantial to even warrant a response until you dropped your bomb about Serbs. Well as a Serbian Canadian I am slightly insulted but then I don't know you so I am not dwelling on it anymore. You say , you have bias, well that's ok as we all have bias but somehow most of us try to get over it to keep ourselves open minded. You say you cheer for Dancevic which is cool but it's easy to cheer for him when he is a journeyman with no haters who only recently made a name for himself

Alex999
09-02-2007, 12:27 AM
You guys are blowing this out of proportions. Breaks, bouncing balls. Who cares. The better player won. Big deal.

Bremen
09-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Why would I seek attention here :rolleyes: and I will likely never meet 99.9% of the people here so that's another wrong assumption. I come here just to talk tennis but occasionally stuff happens and we talk about non sense like this .

Look back 3-4 pages and it's obvious you were looking to provoke and you really said nothing substantial to even warrant a response until you dropped your bomb about Serbs. Well as a Serbian Canadian I am slightly insulted but then I don't know you so I am not dwelling on it anymore. You say , you have bias, well that's ok as we all have bias but somehow most of us try to get over it to keep ourselves open minded. You say you cheer for Dancevic which is cool but it's easy to cheer for him when he is a journeyman with no haters who only recently made a name for himself

It's easier to cheer for someone who is ranked 70 something places below the number 3 player in the world??? Right....

What I mean by attention is you care enough to respond to me. I'm not trying to show off, that's not my style. I too come to talk about tennis, I didn't expect to be called a racist by a fellow Canadian.

My so called bomb was something like "Objectivity is not something the serbs on this board have when it comes to Novak."

But the same thing can be applied to any super fan...I've made excuses for Federer. Do I call his "haters" racists??? But I guess you're not dwelling on it anymore so it's all ok.

Sleepwalker64
09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
This comment shows the sad, sorry state of Darth Cheater's Serbian fans. Anything goes. Um sorry, but that is not true. If that were the case, than let's just open up the labs in all the tennis nations and produce "super soldier" formulas so players can serve 250 m.p.h. serves...and die by age 35...with shrunken private parts as par for the course. There ARE limits...in sports. There are even rules of engagement in warfare (see the Geneva Conventions). Check yourself, my friend...and leave your tribal favoritism at the door.

Now, to be objective, I think Rafa's excessive delaying and pulling at shorts, etc. should also be curtailed. It annoys me...and I believe it is WRONG. Case closed. Sorry, but I beleive in the Ivan Lendl school of delaying tactics. But then again, I believe if you cannot win without cheating, you might as well not win at all.

I said that..everything that is not strictly forbidden - is allowed. It's called tactic.
And please continue...I would like to hear something about Geneva Conventions from mighty American. What's that for you? Comic book?
Yeah, I love my tribe...Do you know which is yours?
and...yeah, try upgrading to "Lord of the flies", it will do miracles for your brain. Maybe you find out the meaning of the word objectivity

sawan66278
09-02-2007, 01:41 AM
I said that..everything that is not strictly forbidden - is allowed. It's called tactic.
And please continue...I would like to hear something about Geneva Conventions from mighty American. What's that for you? Comic book?
Yeah, I love my tribe...Do you know which is yours?

I will temper my responses, but what can I say? I guess that attitude is what led to the formation of your nation. I hope not, because I don't believe share your views on sport or life.

groundstroke
09-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Woh...... that was awesome to watch.

NYCtennisfan
09-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Ezekiel :lol:

ezekiel
09-02-2007, 02:10 AM
NYCtennisfan save your words of wisdom for next sunday .

l_mac
09-02-2007, 02:12 AM
That's you told, NYCTennisfan.

Sleepwalker64
09-02-2007, 02:25 AM
I will temper my responses, but what can I say? I guess that attitude is what led to the formation of your nation. I hope not, because I don't believe share your views on sport or life.

You are too kind...you worry too much about other nations. Please, don't worry about my tribe. I don't wear a price tag on my "attitude".

Canas Betmaster
09-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Something is obvious wrong with the guy who compare medical timeout with:

"produce "super soldier" formulas so players can serve 250 m.p.h. serves...and die by age 35"

And talk about objectivity of other people? :rolleyes:

Man,you need help.

Action Jackson
09-02-2007, 07:05 AM
The funny thing is that the effect may be marginal, it is not as if that back massage in the 4th set was the decisive factor in Nole getting the W here. His performances against GGL and Nieminen were trully artistic, yesterday was nothing compared to those.

I hope Nole will realize that he doesn't need those acts, he is too good already to prevail without them.

He doesn't need them at all, but see Disney thinks that shaking up the game is by renaming the TMS event some 1000 bullshit and not look at the rules of the timeout which need to be shaken up.

Those were quality performances, but with Thunder Lips as the opponent, a bit of antics had to be expected, but my main problem is not the shenanigans, they can change, but the 5th set breaker.

Merton
09-02-2007, 07:18 AM
He doesn't need them at all, but see Disney thinks that shaking up the game is by renaming the TMS event some 1000 bullshit and not look at the rules of the timeout which need to be shaken up.

Those were quality performances, but with Thunder Lips as the opponent, a bit of antics had to be expected, but my main problem is not the shenanigans, they can change, but the 5th set breaker.

Ideally a medical timeout should be used only for an injury that occured during the match but that would be tough to enforce, I don't know but I suspect the ATP is afraid from bad publicity coming from severe cramping and no timeout, and we know that Mr. Disney cares a lot for the type of "fans" that would walk away from the game if such an incident happened. However they must do something, offering back or leg massages as part of an "injury" timeout is a joke.

The 5th set breaker rule is a joke, in this match Nole was the mentally tougher player but he was cramping, the natural end of the match would be to let it play out and see who would prevail, the timeout end clearly favoured Nole. The same goes for Lalo-Andreev, I just knew that Igor was toast at that point.

DrJules
09-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I am looking forward to it, I am not sure why you would though :rolleyes:

Because Djokovic vs. Nadal should be a great semi-final; possibly another 5 set marathon. Time wise it should be a long match!!!

Farenhajt
09-02-2007, 07:54 AM
...and a lack of willingness to get forward...

I agree on this. It still is possibly the only great issue in Nole's game, but since he's obviously and significantly improved his net play since... let's say the beginning of the year - it can be expected he's going to do ever better there. Stay tuned for the next season.

Farenhajt
09-02-2007, 07:58 AM
...of another "real winner": Vlade Divac.

Oh now it's clear. This savannah boy is just another plain Serb hater. Poor chap :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
09-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Ideally a medical timeout should be used only for an injury that occured during the match but that would be tough to enforce, I don't know but I suspect the ATP is afraid from bad publicity coming from severe cramping and no timeout, and we know that Mr. Disney cares a lot for the type of "fans" that would walk away from the game if such an incident happened. However they must do something, offering back or leg massages as part of an "injury" timeout is a joke.

The 5th set breaker rule is a joke, in this match Nole was the mentally tougher player but he was cramping, the natural end of the match would be to let it play out and see who would prevail, the timeout end clearly favoured Nole. The same goes for Lalo-Andreev, I just knew that Igor was toast at that point.

Basically cause of Matsuoka this whole shit started, but hey we all know they talk a lot, but don't do anything as usual. I mean Nole winning was better for the event, cause Stepanek isn't someone with a great GS record and some times the long term view is more important,