Federer vs Capdeville - HIGHLIGHT *impressive* [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer vs Capdeville - HIGHLIGHT *impressive*

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALRMWnUgzLo&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hqwom3BFI

Ok... so maybe this belongs in the Federer forum BUT this is a great display of TENNIS first and foremost, which I think is worth viewing as it WAS a fine display. I hope you enjoy and I one doesn't need to be a fan of either of these players to enjoy these highlights, just a fan of tennis. :D

Samprassian Smash in the 2nd part of the highlights. :)

Big thank you to Mark who is the guy who made these highlight reels.. I WONDER if he posts here?

Enjoy.

RagingLamb
08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
that was a good smash, indeed. better than a lot of his smashes that I've seen before.

Bremen
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALRMWnUgzLo&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hqwom3BFI

Ok... so maybe this belongs in the Federer forum BUT this is a great display of TENNIS first and foremost, which I think is worth viewing as it WAS a fine display. I hope you enjoy and I one doesn't need to be a fan of either of these players to enjoy these highlights, just a fan of tennis. :D

Samprassian Smash in the 2nd part of the highlights. :)

Big thank you to Mark who is the guy who made these highlight reels.. I WONDER if he posts here?

Enjoy.

Thanks!!! Roger in black is a vision.

sodman12
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Man that was nice thank you

jasmin
08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow, haven't seen Fed look that good since the Australian Open. Thank you for the links. Fed's looking nice in that all black.

alexbayen
08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Just made me realize again why I enjoy his game so much. That was a fun display. Is anyone else even close to this guy?

Bremen
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
This may sound silly but one of the things that stands out about him is his facial expression when he hits the ball. Everyone else looks like they're in pain, or angry, but Federer looks like he's dreaming. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but to me it's interesting.

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
GREAT signature Bremen!

Yes, it has been mentioned before but still, interesting point I agree, he looks quite serene when striking the ball.

What do you guys reckon to Capdevilles' game after seeing these highlights? I reckon he mixes it up quite well... plays a reasonably accomplished all-court game.

Bremen
08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
GREAT signature Bremen!

Yes, it has been mentioned before but still, interesting point I agree, he looks quite serene when striking the ball.

What do you guys reckon to Capdevilles' game after seeing these highlights? I reckon he mixes it up quite well... plays a reasonably accomplished all-court game.

Well to win that many games against a fed playing so well is pretty impressive. He was making some very strange grunts during the match, trying to throw fed off? I don't know....

Forehander
08-31-2007, 08:56 PM
wow federer sure looks like an idiot in that black costume. please stop it lol

Fed Express
08-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Does anybody know where i can get these highlights in High Quality?

MatchFederer
08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
You could search for Mewug83 on Youtube.com and ask him, he might be able to help. Mewug 83 is the guy who made the highlight reels.

BlueSwan
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks. This is great stuff. Fed really looks top motivated in those clips. His movement looks to be back, whereas in the warm-up tournaments he often looked lazy on court.

Jogy
08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
if you're watching this Federer point you need no more sleeping pill :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Bremen
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
if you're watching this Federer point you need no more sleeping pill :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

That smash was sleep inducing for sure...:rolleyes:

G4.
08-31-2007, 09:50 PM
why do you pay attention to what some vain and insecure brat says

Bremen
08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
why do you pay attention to what some vain and insecure brat says

Why did you care enough to mention it? LOL

Seriously though I get irritated easily.:o

RonE
08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Very nice thanks for posting the highlights.

jasmin
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow hating someone is messed up. People just seem to like to hate some people.

Nadal's style isn't for me but I think he's a nice guy and I can't see myself hating him. Obviously Fed feels the same and still likes Nadal.

Apemant
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
This may sound silly but one of the things that stands out about him is his facial expression when he hits the ball. Everyone else looks like they're in pain, or angry, but Federer looks like he's dreaming. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but to me it's interesting.

Doesn't sound silly at all... often I'd come upon some images that looked almost as if he was intentionally posing for camera; only after taking a second glance you'd realize it is a shot from an actual match, just after he's executed a shot. But his expression is completely calm, as if he feels no strain at all. Simply amazing.

musefanatic
09-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Great smash, made me smile :p :)

Bremen
09-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Doesn't sound silly at all... often I'd come upon some images that looked almost as if he was intentionally posing for camera; only after taking a second glance you'd realize it is a shot from an actual match, just after he's executed a shot. But his expression is completely calm, as if he feels no strain at all. Simply amazing.

Yeah, it's unusual for sure. Sure all other aspects of his game are special but his composure is totally unique. It needs to be studied. LOL

User ID 29337
09-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Stunning point made by the stunning man in black. Dang he looks hot!

*Viva Chile*
09-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Well to win that many games against a fed playing so well is pretty impressive. He was making some very strange grunts during the match, trying to throw fed off? I don't know....

Paul usually exagerate the grunts, it's typical from him :lol:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Paul usually exagerate the grunts, it's typical from him :lol:

First time I'd seen him play...the commentators thought it was pretty weird too. But he made a good showing for himself...a lot of other players would have been bageled.

Allure
09-01-2007, 05:08 AM

He's thinking of Gasquet's hot ass. :drool:

Bremen
09-01-2007, 05:13 AM
He's thinking of Gasquet's hot ass. :drool:

Too bad they don't get to play this tournament...that could have been some hot action.

Allure
09-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Too bad they don't get to play this tournament...that could have been some hot action.

Federer and Gasquet together? Too much hotness for me. Would need two buckets for when I drool. :drool:

sykotique
09-01-2007, 05:27 AM
I think, to reach the height of one's athletic ability, you must achieve the apex of the Zen of your being. This Zen is a place where you are so fully aware of your abilities that you are neither frustrated by what appear to be simple errors, nor are you amazed by your own feats of fancy. You expect them as they come, because you know exactly what you are capable of. It is, presumably, a completely relaxed state, physically and mentally, which requires more effort than what might be assumed by a mere grunt or a wry grimace.

Or maybe I'm just being far too over analytical and that's just how he is, but I think my explanation is cooler.

Bremen
09-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Federer and Gasquet together? Too much hotness for me. Would need two buckets for when I drool. :drool:

LOL, buy yourself another bucket and indulge!

I think, to reach the height of one's athletic ability, you must achieve the apex of the Zen of your being. This Zen is a place where you are so fully aware of your abilities that you are neither frustrated by what appear to be simple errors, nor are you amazed by your own feats of fancy. You expect them as they come, because you know exactly what you are capable of. It is, presumably, a completely relaxed state, physically and mentally, which requires more effort than what might be assumed by a mere grunt or a wry grimace.

Or maybe I'm just being far too over analytical and that's just how he is, but I think my explanation is cooler.

Your posts are typically analytical, that's why I love you. :hug:

Your suggestion that he actually has to make more of an effort is interesting...by now though I think he is so used to the tennis court that it has become close to effortless.

sykotique
09-01-2007, 05:50 AM
LOL, buy yourself another bucket and indulge!

Your posts are typically analytical, that's why I love you. :hug:

Your suggestion that he actually has to make more of an effort is interesting...by now though I think he is so used to the tennis court that it has become close to effortless.

It feels nice to be appreciated. *smile*

I think the effort he puts in is more off the court than on it. I think, on the court, all we see is the finished product. You realise a lot of players are able to get into a "zone", but not many of them are able to keep it up for long stretches in a match. Federer has, at times, managed to sustain it for an entire tournament.

I generally get the feeling that his emotional and mental preparation for a match is much more intense than his physical preparation.

Bremen
09-01-2007, 06:04 AM
It feels nice to be appreciated. *smile*

I think the effort he puts in is more off the court than on it. I think, on the court, all we see is the finished product. You realise a lot of players are able to get into a "zone", but not many of them are able to keep it up for long stretches in a match. Federer has, at times, managed to sustain it for an entire tournament.

I generally get the feeling that his emotional and mental preparation for a match is much more intense than his physical preparation.

Well he is still one of the fittest players on tour, I remember reading about a practice session before paris where he wore out all his partners...but I do agree with the mental side of it..no one is weak mentally when they have been dominating the tour four straight years.

Fedever
09-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Just made me realize again why I enjoy his game so much. That was a fun display. Is anyone else even close to this guy?

No. Not even remotely.

Great clips! Thanks for sharing! I saw the whole match and this is the best I have seen Federer play since the Australian Open. :wavey:

DDrago2
09-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Black suits Federer the best

Halba
09-01-2007, 10:02 AM
simply ridiculous play from federer. no words can describe this level of play. no one can match him.

scarecrows
09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
glad I saw these highlights, simply amazing

scoobs
09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Definitely his best consistent level since Australia, which is good to see - the boy means business and it's nice to see him coming on strong again as the end of the season approaches - he has a lot of points to defend.

User id 7816
09-01-2007, 01:25 PM

There has be truth in this. Federer is such a special case and one has to see a bit further than what the 'eyes show' to appreciate what he has achieved, and the way he carries the game and himself within the actual matches. Its sad that there's some people who cant appreciate this, but maybe with following the game long enough more of the tennis fans do, I can say I've taken some time.
Its another level of mindset, truly amazing and captivating and all we should do is drop jaws and enjoy. :devil: :D

Thanx for the highlights, it was too late so I just had to fall asleep. It seems Capdeville gave a good match and enjoyed it, it was funny when he entered the court and the crowd cheered him and he gave this "thanx guys I will try" quick smile/wave :lol:

tennisfan78
09-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for sharing these highlights.Just awesome display of skill from the master. He seems to be in superior form just like at last years US Open. Man I wish I can download these clips with better quality.