How far will A.Murray go in the USO? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How far will A.Murray go in the USO?

Andi-M
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
If Muzza isn't too tired from this match and with Canas out he has a great chance for 4R.

Where he play Davydenko...if Murray at 90% or better should beat Davydenko. Then Blake in the 1/4's a match that could go either way. He could make the semi's!!

Im not getting carried away...honest :tape:

jonny84
08-30-2007, 11:01 PM
He should win against Lee. He has a 1-0 Head2Head with him on hardcourts (San Jose this year).

He also has the edge this year over Davydenko, having beaten him twice on hardcourts but was beaten by him twice (once last year at the US Open).

4th round - might pull a surprise against Nikolay and then reach the QF!

Jaap
08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Will struggle to get past Lee.

NYCtennisfan
08-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Lee might be a struggle and I highly doubt he can beat Davy unless he is 100% ready physically since Davy is hitting the ball so well right now.

scoobs
08-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I think he can get past Lee and then be stopped again by probably Davydenko.

I'd love for him to surprise me with better but I'm already satisfied with his tournament - he's playing better, more confident, the forehand is coming back very nicely and I think he's in much better shape for Davis Cup and the back end of the season than he was 2 weeks ago.

I think matching his R4 of last year, given the way the bottom fell out of this season, would be a very laudable achievement.

NYCtennisfan
08-30-2007, 11:11 PM

I'd love for him to surprise me with better but I'm already satisfied with his tournament - he's playing better, more confident, the forehand is coming back very nicely and I think he's in much better shape for Davis Cup and the back end of the season than he was 2 weeks ago.

I think matching his R4 of last year, given the way the bottom fell out of this season, would be a very laudable achievement.

Yup. If he can get back to 100% by the beginning of next season, he will have a great shot at a top 5 maybe top 4 ranking as well as having a strong presence in the slams.

adee-gee
08-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Yep I'd hope he could get past Lee, anything after that is a bonus. Davydenko would be hugely tough.

Lullaby
08-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Right now I am just willing him on round by round expecting the run to end at any point but hoping he can win each round lol

If he hits the ball as well as at certain points today consistently I think he could go all the way to fed - Unfortunately I do not see the consistency yet and think he looked exhausted at the end which will take its toll at some point!

Merton
08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Lee is a winnable match, after that it depends. I don't know if its me, but Davydenko-Almagro does not look that obvious, sure Davydenko is the favourite but Almagro has chances.

Burrow
08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Idon't want him to get to quarters, I want to see how long he will go without making the quarters of a slam.

Andi-M
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm also satisfied with Muzza's performance thus far. I thought he was gonna withdraw from this tournament after his poor play and low confidence throught AMS's but him Brad and sports pyschologists have done really well to get to this stage :)

I am taking it round by round as well but there is a possible chance of him doing well if he's not too fatigued.

cmurray
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I think he'll get by Lee. I'm not counting on him beating kolya, though I'd be THRILLED if he did.

Andi-M
08-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I should of made this poll public...who said Muzza will win?

Lol I hope your right!!! :banana: