Berdych def. Bolelli 7-5, 6-3, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Berdych def. Bolelli 7-5, 6-3, 6-3

Sjengster
08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
He looked solid out there, very tidy on serve and with his UE count. It was the first time I saw Bolelli play and he was impressive, has flashy strokes off both sides, a stylish one-handed backhand and a pretty big serve for someone of his height; however, he clearly got down on himself after losing the close opening set.

scarecrows
08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
didnt watch the match but I have the feeling that Bolelli is not yet in a situation where he can make impact in important tournament. hopefully next year he can do some damage coz the potential clearly is there

Merton
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Good win, actually I was afraid of this match but getting the 1st set proved decisive for Tomas.

Deivid23
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
It was the first time I saw Bolelli play and he was impressive, has flashy strokes off both sides, a stylish one-handed backhand and a pretty big serve for someone of his height; however, he clearly got down on himself after losing the close opening set.

His fh is one of the best in the game imo, it´s really impressive the angles he can hit and the pace he can get on it with ease, his bh needs a lot of work to be done though, I think he´s slowly improving it but it´s still far from not being a weakness

LilyRoseAva
08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
congrats tomas :-)

jonny84
08-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Great win for Berdych.

I seriously think he can beat Roddick in the fourth round (if they both reach it)

Burrow
08-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I was surprised to see the quality of Bolleli's strokes, somebody said he had a very weak backhand, but it certainly wasnt "very weak". Can produce a hefty serve for a shorter guy, he had a chance to push Berdych here, but fell away as the match progrssed unfortunately. He could be a solid top 30 player with experience on the bigger stage.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
08-31-2007, 06:33 AM
34 winners and only 6 ue, a Top 9 job :yeah: hmmm... I fear the lefty Verdasco in R3 :scared: it will be a tricky match for Berdych.

VolandriFan
08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
When Simone gets his head together and matures as a player, he's going to go deep in draws. He's already one of the best at generating his own pace of the forehand side. This was a missed opportunity for a first big scalp though.

Deea
08-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Tomas looked very solid and didn't let Bolleli take his chances. Serve worked very well also. Congrats Tomas and good luck against Verdasco! :yeah: I'm expecting a much tougher match :scared: