Sopot ATP owner to be arrested [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sopot ATP owner to be arrested

Nathaliia
08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Surprisingly, this has nothing to do with fixing matches, but it's just another step in a fight with political opponents by current power party. I am just upset with the way they fight against people who sponsor tennis in Poland - sponsors of WTA Warsaw were also arrested or smth, they were also digging big time in Pekao (national bank) sponsor of Szczecin challenger and KGHM (national cupric company) sponsor of Wrocław challenger.

Wtf.

Stensland
08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
i'm not trying to offend you, but judging from what kinda "trickles thhrough" to the german media, you guys have some serious issues with criminals in high positions in poland. am i wrong about that? gierzych, kaczmarek, lepper, now this guy...

correct me if i'm wrong of course.

Jogy
08-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Why wtf? it is still known procedure that such thing happen in our country, not enough control power of indenpendent associations.

Nathaliia
08-30-2007, 03:19 PM
i'm not trying to offend you, but judging from what kinda "trickles thhrough" to the german media, you guys have some serious issues with criminals in high positions in poland. am i wrong about that? gierzych, kaczmarek, lepper, now this guy...

Being a mental doesn't make you a criminalist. Giertych isn't the case, so I must say this despite not being his fan definitely.

Lepper is a phenomene, he should have been arrested so long ago and so many times, though not for the recent actions, that seem too much of a political provocation against him, but for disturbing the country's pace years ago with road blocades.

Kaczmarek - we don't know yet what has happened there and calling someone a criminal only because of Minister of Justice did it, makes kinda no sense, especially if the spoken minister is hugely mental case himself. This with the tape recording of everyone from own structures and opposition, same as bugs on the phone (things that Lepper and Kaczmarek talk lately about) actually ARE true, just for a plain example, my mom works at public prosecuting, she called me today to tell me what had happened, and we only heard the "hrrr hrrr... disconnect". Anytime during the exam session (I'm a law student) I have bug on my mobile (big echo and hrr hrr) which hasn't really changed from the times when my parents were studying law and calling their parents, in the times of communism. Same methods.

Of course I don't even know what Krauze (the Sopot guy) did, actually this thread was meant to be sarcastic that everyone involved in tennis is caught. I don't say if they're criminal or not, just awful coincidences. Of course Lew Rywin, arrested few yeas ago, was the boss of Polish Tennis Association :help: :spit:

dijus
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
fuck it
terrible news

Adler
08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
terrible? This guy is like a typical tycoon like those from Russia or Ukraine, so I'm not really surprised. They want to arrest him - who knows, maybe they have more than a shred of evidence that Richard Krauze (Sopot ATP owner). But saying that it's a political fight... great, now we'll hear more "shocking" news about Poland, where actually nothing is worse with the police and secret service than it was for the last 18 years
Glad to hear someone is asking questions instead of talking about another Haider or something Lepper was sentenced to some years in prison but in suspension
Giertych isn't oficially a criminal, although there are some accusation concerning a particular bank. It's about some illegal privatisation, dunno exactly
Kaczmarek is accused, but wasn't sentenced (yet?)

Stensland
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM
well, don't feel too bad about that. when it comes to tennis, we got our share as well. steffi graf's dad was sentenced to a couple of years for tax evasion, becker just managed to get out of quite a hassle for the same thing (taxes) etc...

and that's just tennis-wise talking... :D

Rusty Rock
08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Poland is the most suspicious country for tennis, lots of backhanders and illegal things are always happening in these Polish tournaments.

dijus
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
According to this news: http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/1652770,11,item.html
Public prosecutor's office just withdrew warrant of arrest ;)

Adler
12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Never in doubt

Stensland
12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Never in doubt

:lol: :yeah:

would that have had any implications for the tournament anyways? would the tournament have been cancelled or postponed or something?

Henry Chinaski
12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
the whole tour would've collapsed without Sopot. surprised this crisis received so little coverage. people obviously weren't aware of the bigger issues at stake.

Yashin71
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Kolya was framed. The truth will always surface.

Marek.
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Why wtf? it is still known procedure that such thing happen in our country, not enough control power of indenpendent associations.

You need to update your sig. :p

Corey Feldman
12-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Why wtf? it is still known procedure that such thing happen in our country, not enough control power of indenpendent associations.They need to put you in charge Jogy

then things would really be better

:lol:

Fee
12-05-2007, 12:43 AM
So how does mtw feel about all of this?

CyBorg
12-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Sopot is cooler than Las Vegas. There should be a new TV show called CSI: Sopot. That's how cool it is.

Loremaster
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Surprisingly, this has nothing to do with fixing matches, but it's just another step in a fight with political opponents by current power party. I am just upset with the way they fight against people who sponsor tennis in Poland - sponsors of WTA Warsaw were also arrested or smth, they were also digging big time in Pekao (national bank) sponsor of Szczecin challenger and KGHM (national cupric company) sponsor of Wrocław challenger.

Wtf.

WTF?? Do You think that making tennis tournamnets and promoting sport is enough to be unreachable ?? Those persons were responsible for
1) corrpution
2) having way to big impact on goverment because of their money
3) contributed in "selling" for funny money Polish national inudstries etc so they de facto also stole Yoour money

makinh tournemtnts doesn't make them better when law is concerned , so aressting Lew Rywnin should also be "fight with political opponents" but why?? that guy had such a great impact on filmography.

and not arrestting those guys now is clear massage than illegall buisness got a green light from current goverment

Adler
12-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Come on, the guy is way too rich to be in jail

Action Jackson
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Fixed.

Adler
12-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Fixed.
Never in doubt also :)

dijus
12-05-2007, 11:50 AM
from tennis fans point of view it's a good news IMO

Adler
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyway, this whole tournament thing is a farse because of its placement in ATP calendar. But maybe we shouldn't complain as Poland, to be fair, isn't great in mens tennis ;)

dijus
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyway, this whole tournament thing is a farse because of its placement in ATP calendar. But maybe we shouldn't complain as Poland, to be fair, isn't great in mens tennis ;)

it's better than nothing, isn't it?
btw have u ever been to Sopot? :p

Nathaliia
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Okay, I was kinda trolling in here :p.

So, any news on updates of the calendar for 2009? Is next year the last year of Sopot?

gulzhan
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
i know it's no comparison, but the owner of 3 challengers in kazakstan, the very first and long waiting ones, was arrested back in august.... still in jail :sad: nothing related to tennis, a political case, but same as nathii, it feels so bad when the very few sponsors of tennis are being attacked by state :sad:

dijus
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Okay, I was kinda trolling in here :p.

So, any news on updates of the calendar for 2009? Is next year the last year of Sopot?

hopefully 2008 won't be last year of Sopot, but I can't find any info about that too. Labamba maybe u can help us?