Did players ignore the Off. Schedule of Play... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Did players ignore the Off. Schedule of Play...

Stensland
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
...and make their own "arrangements" in new york? like, agreeing upon different dates, courts etc.? why else would the uso officials come up with a more or less explicit warning on today's schedule?

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Day 4: Thursday, 30 August
Attention Players: All Players Must Refer to the Official Order of Play

am i missing something here or is that news to you too?

basil333
08-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I think its basically telling players that they have to check here if they get court-changed - and that no-one is going to tell them otherwise...

There is always another statement on other Order of Plays... saying matches will only be called from Locker Room or Players Lounges...

I agree that its a bit of an odd place to put a statement but hey I am not US Open Organiser :)

ae wowww
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
The USOpen.org is probably one of the main sources for players to check draws, schedules, results etc - and so the organisers are warning them there that it is not necessarily 100% reliable, and they should check with the official order. Matches can be changed at short notice, and that may not be reflected on the website - it is their responsibility to find out.

barbadosan
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that statement has been at the bottom of all the shechules since the opening of the tournament

Fee
08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes, it has been on each day's schedule. There is a seperate site for the players to check directly with the handbook and other information on it. I think they put that on the website version of the schedule to remind the players to keep an eye on the Referee's updated version for court changes, etc, just as AE stated above. :)