Why doesn't Federer like Djokovic? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why doesn't Federer like Djokovic?

Fumus
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Novak is a really cool guy, well liked and admired on and off the court by many players. So why is it that Fed doesn't give him any credit? :confused: :confused:

He seems to love Nadal now, however.

DrJules
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Novak is a really cool guy, well liked and admired on and off the court by many players. So why is it that Fed doesn't give him any credit? :confused: :confused:

Really.

I think many players feel that Djokovic is a highly skilled exponent of gamesmanship and user of timeouts/bathroom breaks. Djokovic makes Federer, Nadal and Roddick etc look like icons of fair play.

Stensland
08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
this has been discussed over and over again. fed doesn't dislike djoko as a person, he just doesn't like his overall game on court. it's just not as flashy as he fed likes it to be. he prefers guys like gasquet to compete with. djoko's alright, but his shots, groundstrokes etc. just seem a little mediocre to fed, a little too uninspired, like a machine rather than a genius.

l_mac
08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Novak is a really cool guy,

I think he comes across as a desperate wannabe, try hard show off.

well liked and admired on and off the court by many players.

Is he? Bizarre.

So why is it that Fed doesn't give him any credit? :confused: :confused:

Credit for what? He says he's a very good player. 3rd best in the world after himself and Nadal. What more is there to say?

A man of taste. Apart from in accessories. Everyone seen his new man bag? :)

Thanks for this thread. It's been about 36 hours since the last Fed/Djoko-fest.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Really.

I think many players feel that Djokovic is a highly skilled exponent of gamesmanship and user of timeouts/bathroom breaks. Djokovic makes Federer, Nadal and Roddick etc look like icons of fair play.

Yea, but...he's good friends with alot of the players...so dunno...

Yea and btw, that's the reason he is so good...is his gamesmanship...lolz, are u serious? You don't think his ball striking and serving have anything to do with it? Jules sometimes I really agree with what you are saying and sometimes...:confused: :confused:

bokehlicious
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

lina_seta
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
WHY IS THERE LIKE 100000000 THREADS ABOUT THIS TOPIC, SOMEONE FUSE THIS THREAD WITH THE OTHER 10000000s (the one started maybe 2 days ago named "Federer should give djoko more respect"...)

PPL U R SO BORING, FED DOESNT LIKE DJOKO GET OVER IT.... its not like U LIKE EVERYONE that is liked by others. BE AN NDIVIDUAL $@#%!... jesus

stebs
08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Yea and btw, that's the reason he is so good...is his gamesmanship...lolz, are serious? You don't think his ball striking and serving have anything to do with it? Jules sometimes I really agree with what you are saying and sometimes...:confused: :confused:

DrJules said absolutely NOTHING about that being the reason he is so good. It's just one possible reason that some players aren't so friendly toward him. I hate it when people put words in other people's mouths.

sykotique
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I bet they send each other hate mail.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:08 PM
I bet they send each other hate mail.

TO:RogFed@goat.com

Subject: Flaming Bag...

Dear Fed,

Nice bag.

Love,
Djoko

TO:Joker@Serb.com

Subject: RE:Flaming Bag...

It's me the greatest player ever, nice hair cut.

cmurray
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh good Lord. Where is it written that Roger MUST like every person he comes in contact with. Do YOU like everyone you work with? I sure as hell don't.

DrJules
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Yea, but...he's good friends with alot of the players...so dunno...

Yea and btw, that's the reason he is so good...is his gamesmanship...lolz, are u serious? You don't think his ball striking and serving have anything to do with it? Jules sometimes I really agree with what you are saying and sometimes...:confused: :confused:

I think it has harmed his popularity.

From another thread:

I think there are too many incidents stacked up on the debit side for Federer to respect Djokovic as a person and a player...as yet.
2006 QF RG v Nadal he retired half way through, though stating later that he was really in control of the match even when losing.
Final Umag retired with breathing problems so Wawrinka got the win.
DC the "infamous" misuse of injury timeouts v Wawrinka and Federer.
AO 2007 "he is going down" comment.
Interview "people are tired of Federer winning everything".
Wb SF retires again v Nadal.
Montreal takes a bathroom break after losing the 2nd set and "Don't be angry with him, he can't win everything" as if HE needed to defend Federer!!

There are probably others for giving him a reputation for "injury/fatigue gamesmanship", but for me, he presents as a patronising, disrespectful, insincere individual. Even his effusive handshake and congratulations to Moya after losing to him1st Rd Cincy smacked of "Well done for beating ME". Yes, he is genuinely ambitious and states his goals clearly but....a lot of what he does grates on me.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108689&page=4

l_mac
08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
TO:RogFed@goat.com

Subject: Flaming Bag...

Dear Fed,

Nice bag.

Love,
Djoko

TO:Joker@Serb.com

Subject: RE:Flaming Bag...

It's me the greatest player ever, nice hair cut.

:lol: :lol:

Oh, if only ....

Rafa is blogging (again, I think he thinks it brings him luck) and answering reader questions in The Times. I might ask him why Fed doesn't love Djokovic. I bet he knows.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I think it has harmed his popularity.

From another thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108689&page=4

I'd say he's still pretty popular except for a few guys.

natashha
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Thanks for this thread. It's been about 36 hours since the last Fed/Djoko-fest.

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

bokehlicious
08-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Why doesn't Fumus like Federer ?

Roger is a really cool guy, well liked and admired on and off the court by many players. So why is it that Fumus doesn't give him any credit? :confused: :confused:

He seems to love Djokovic now, however.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Why doesn't Fumus like Federer ?

Roger is a really cool guy, well liked and admired on and off the court by many players. So why is it that Fumus doesn't give him any credit? :confused: :confused:

He seems to love Djokovic now, however.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Probably the funniest thing I have read all day...JMPower, never thought I would do it but I am going to have to good rep you.

lina_seta
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Nop i havent... where can I see it?
Pics anyone? :D

lina_seta
08-28-2007, 09:22 PM
JMPower lol... so true... =)
its just like that... although there are less reasons for not liking fed than nole lol!

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
To answer your question JM, I don't like Federer because I can't relate to him. I don't like Federer because he always wins. I don't like Federer because he's boring and arrogant. I don't like Federer because he's prevented Andy from winning atleast 3 majors...

But we are off track...back to the thread question...

Apemant
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
To answer your question JM, I don't like Federer because I can't relate to him. I don't like Federer because he always wins. I don't like Federer because he's boring and arrogant. I don't like Federer because he's prevented Andy from winning atleast 3 majors...

Hmmmmmm... is it just me, or this little list of yours needs a MAJOR rearrangement? :devil:

l_mac
Nop i havent... where can I see it?
Pics anyone? :D

There's a pic in the Fed forum (clothing thread) I'd post it, but I'd feel mean if everyone started mocking it.

It is very, very shiny.

bokehlicious
To answer your question JM, I don't like Federer because he's prevented Andy from winning atleast 3 majors...

:lol: :lol:

I knew it :hug: :o

Pea
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Just stick to everything rodduck, please fungus.:yawn:

DrJules
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM

Is he any more than Djokovic.:lol: :lol:

Fumus
08-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Heck no, you Federer fan's don't like to admit when there's a legitimate flaw in your favorite player. Basically it's a character flaw that he doesn't give Djoko respect...and that has nothign to do with me...

Sides, why does who i root for have any bearing on my question, I was just wondering and wanted an honest answer. The only think I have gotten is known Fedtards coming in here and telling me first Djoko's a jerk and then that I'm a jerk....:o

Johnny Groove
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Federer doesnt like Djokovic because Nole and Mirka made a hawt sexy night vision sex tape and Roger was pissed that he wasnt invited to the steamy 3some.

The tape can be viewed at chubbies and serbies.com

scarecrows
08-28-2007, 09:37 PM

that should have been on top of the list, shouldnt it?

star
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Andy Murray likes Djokovic. :)

Maybe we should start a thread: Why does Andy like Nole? :)

lina_seta
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
There's a pic in the Fed forum (clothing thread) I'd post it, but I'd feel mean if everyone started mocking it.

It is very, very shiny.

LOL omg... patent leather... priceless ;)
and it is actually priceless... not for production...

ezekiel
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Why doesn't Federer like Djokovic?

He likes him , he just can't admit it out of respect for Mirka :)

star
08-28-2007, 09:54 PM
LOL omg... patent leather... priceless ;)
and it is actually priceless... not for production...

He carries a patent leather bag? :eek:

Does it have a crest on it?

cmurray
08-28-2007, 10:33 PM
He carries a patent leather bag? :eek:

Does it have a crest on it?

Oh, its a real thing of beauty. :haha: He's gonna start wearing nail polish soon, I just know it. :hearts:

RagingLamb
08-28-2007, 10:40 PM
this has been discussed over and over again. fed doesn't dislike djoko as a person, he just doesn't like his overall game on court. it's just not as flashy as he fed likes it to be. he prefers guys like gasquet to compete with. djoko's alright, but his shots, groundstrokes etc. just seem a little mediocre to fed, a little too uninspired, like a machine rather than a genius.

I don't know if that's the reason Roger doesn't like him much or not (in fact I don't know if Roger even has a problem with Djokovic or not).

But about Djoko's way of playing, sure, even he says that he doesn't have a major weapon in terms of shots, and no he's not the "artist" other players might be.

But I think this highlights his great intelligence when it comes to playing. A player who doesn't possess anything special but is capable of taking out Nadal and Federer back to back in less than 24 hours must possess something, and that in my opinion is uncanny smarts when it comes to playing tennis.

That's something he deserves a lot of credit for.

star
08-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh, its a real thing of beauty. :haha: He's gonna start wearing nail polish soon, I just know it. :hearts:

"Any pics?"

Saumon
08-28-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.midwestsports.com/images/500/Federer07USOpenBag.jpg

Lee
08-28-2007, 11:02 PM
:tape:

nobama
08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
:tape: is right. And these two women are to blame. :o

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2007-08/29_6058133_1.jpg

Skyward
08-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't like Federer because I can't relate to him. I don't like Federer because he always wins. I don't like Federer because he's boring and arrogant. I don't like Federer because he's prevented Andy from winning atleast 3 majors...

http://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif

Alex999
08-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't know if that's the reason Roger doesn't like him much or not (in fact I don't know if Roger even has a problem with Djokovic or not).

But about Djoko's way of playing, sure, even he says that he doesn't have a major weapon in terms of shots, and no he's not the "artist" other players might be.

But I think this highlights his great intelligence when it comes to playing. A player who doesn't possess anything special but is capable of taking out Nadal and Federer back to back in less than 24 hours must possess something, and that in my opinion is uncanny smarts when it comes to playing tennis.

That's something he deserves a lot of credit for.

100% agree. And who cares what Roger thinks.

*Viva Chile*
08-29-2007, 01:14 AM

when I first saw that pic I thought it was designed for Sharapova :tape:

mangoes
08-29-2007, 02:12 AM

Fumus, I'm sure you'll also find many players who consider Djokovic to be an expert on gamesmanship.

Also, I don't think Nadal is a fan of Djokovic either.....not just Roger.

Beforehand
08-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Who's that in the box with Mirka? Anna?

Farenhajt
08-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Why would Roger or Rafael need to like Nole? That's not an issue (at least not any longer - it might have been a personal issue for younger, less mature and more sensitive Nole, but he's a top cat now and surely can deal with it). As long as they are polite enough to get "triple bageled 6-3 6-3 6-3", as dorks around here like to say, they don't need to like him at all.

What is required of those two is to lose ranking points to Nole's benefit (and if I were in such a place, I admit I probably wouldn't be a great fan of Nole's myself).

cmurray
08-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Who's that in the box with Mirka? Anna?

Yes. The always frightening Ms. Wintour. :scared:

gusman890
08-29-2007, 02:59 AM
who says he has to like him?

Federer can not like someone like you or I.

Forehander
08-29-2007, 03:03 AM
It is quite obvious Federer doesn't like or respect at all the game or personality of the dishonest over-try-hard arrogant attituded prick Novak Djokovic. I believe Nadal is also has a dislike of that loser as well. In fact, im pretty sure whole lot of players on tour find him as a ****head. Some non-deep-observers of people or the same type of personality may like his style and think he's all funny and cool when they keep an innocent mind. But If you are a deeper person you can just see the extremely dorkish asswipe side of him even just judging from the interview and media and the stuff he says - he just can't hide it and it's extremely obvious. He said "Well done for beating me" after he was beaten by Moya, like wtf? Who does he think he's saying it to? CARLOS MOYA, a former world number one and a currently in form player. This just proves how much of a cocky arrogant **** he is and proves he's not liked by many players enough said.

switz
08-29-2007, 03:04 AM
meh i don't know. Roger is annoying me a bit of late :sad: I don't think he's staying as grounded as people like to make out. Maybe his good friend Anna Wintour told him that being too nice was sooooo 2 years ago.

Funny because i hated Djokovic before he had any big results but i've grown to appreciate his personality.

Roger has been my favourite player for sooooo long (like early in junior days) but i'm a bit miffed at him lately. what is with the false bravado as well? i can't believe he said he had the best summer of his life on court - he was playing terribly in Montreal and Cincy.

RogersGirl
08-29-2007, 03:04 AM

wait-- seriously?:cuckoo:

Beforehand
08-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Anna Wintour owns you all. She'd have been an awesome tennis champion.

switz
08-29-2007, 03:06 AM
wait-- seriously?:cuckoo:

please don't tell me Roger is carrying that thing :o :o

Forehander
08-29-2007, 03:12 AM
meh i don't know. Roger is annoying me a bit of late :sad: I don't think he's staying as grounded as people like to make out. Maybe his good friend Anna Wintour told him that being too nice was sooooo 2 years ago.
Funny because i hated Djokovic before he had any big results but i've grown to appreciate his personality.

Roger has been my favourite player for sooooo long (like early in junior days) but i'm a bit miffed at him lately. what is with the false bravado as well? i can't believe he said he had the best summer of his life on court - he was playing terribly in Montreal and Cincy.

that's right. and the arrogant dishonest asswipe prick attitude of Novak Djokovic has been disliked for centuries.

switz
08-29-2007, 03:24 AM
that's right. and the arrogant dishonest asswipe prick attitude of Novak Djokovic has been disliked for centuries.

ok i think everyone gets that you don't like Djokovic already :)

Forehander
08-29-2007, 03:44 AM

YAY! :angel:

sykotique
08-29-2007, 03:50 AM

By all accounts, both in terms of form and results, this is Federer's best summer ever. He's never reached the finals of both Canada and Cincy before and he's always struggled through both of them, even when he wins.

Farenhajt
08-29-2007, 03:57 AM

Which is also absolutely irrelevant, especially from a "moderate" drug abuser.

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Yes. The always frightening Ms. Wintour. :scared:

Fey Sommers :eek:

star
08-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Anna Wintour owns you all. She'd have been an awesome tennis champion.

Yeah. On the minature person circuit.

Allure
08-29-2007, 05:34 AM

First, are you serious? :scratch:

If you are these pts are questionable.

I don't like Federer because he always wins.

How is this his fault exactly? He can't help it he's born with talent. Should he lose on purpose so other people can win?

I don't like Federer because he's boring and arrogant

I can see the boring part but how is he any more arrogant than ''You're going down'' Djokovic and Roddick? :confused: In fact for someone who won 11 GS titles, he's pretty humble.

don't like Federer because he's prevented Andy from winning atleast 3 majors...

Again, how is this Fed's fault? Maybe Andy should take some of the blame for not improving his game like Djoke or Nadal. :shrug:

cellophane
08-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Not enough meat on his bones? :tape:

maqk
08-29-2007, 08:14 AM
i think djoko is good,

have Fed said anything aginst him??!?! about disliking???
Fed is not like that ! think

thesupreme
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
...because Djokovich is the new Ivan Lendl with 100% more charisma...cyborg tennis straight out of the lab...

lol

The Pro
08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
There are so many points worth raising here I don't know where to start...

- Djokovic is cocky, but not the arrogant 'wipe that people say he is. Nor is federer the arrogant knob who dislikes people who don't sho him nuff respec'.

- You really have to question the character of anyone who's mates with Anna Wintour, and who takes her fashion advice seriously. I feel the same way about the whole shebang as that Anne Hathaway girl....

Jogy
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
not surprise cocky Fedhole dislike him

He sees he can lose to Nadal and Djokovic now on big events now

so as much of a dickhead Federer is, he of course can not live with that that Djokovic is somebody who battles him on hardcourt on big events now

Jelena_78
08-29-2007, 11:55 AM

It's ok Fed doesn't like Nole's game,but it's not just that! I don't think it's Nole's groungstrokes,shots,...
You can feel it in the air when they're on the court (and probably off court),that Roger doesn't like him at all (and I mean as a person),and doesn't respect him at all... Fed played against so many players,good and bad,famous and unknown,but never looked down at them...I feel such a disrespect everytime I watch their match...:shrug:
Fed was a god in my eyes,in every way...
He's definitely the best player of all times (I watched Edberg,Becker,Lendl,Sampras,...),but I'm kind a dissappointed...
I still admire him as a player,but...

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
not surprise cocky Fedhole dislike him

He sees he can lose to Nadal and Djokovic now on big events now

so as much of a dickhead Federer is, he of course can not live with that that Djokovic is somebody who battles him on hardcourt on big events now

MS events are MM tourneys for FedGod nowadays... :cool: :p

Rogiman
08-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Jogy's level of hatred towards Federer could make you think the man has ***** his sister or something :lol:

I guess ****** little Tommy 8 times is close enough for him...

Jogy
08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Jogy's level of hatred towards Federer could make you think the man has ***** his sister or something :lol:
I let this to you .I think that such things are more common in the culture region and country you coming from :) :wavey:

The Pro
08-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Well this is all very civilised and logical now......

ReturnWinner
08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I am sure it is by Djokovic gamesmaship,and sometimes kinda like the

Serbian can be a little goofy and annoying by imiting all those

players and doing such strange things he does -but i found funny his imitations of some pros when serving-

decrepitude
08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Well this is all very civilised and logical now......

Civilised? Logical? Don't be daft, this is GM! Both are banned!

Fumus
08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Can't wait for them to play again, if Djoker wins wondering what Fed will say in his post match this time. :o

Or Levy
08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
I let this to you .I think that such things are more common in the culture region and country you coming from :) :wavey:

:eek:

I'm getting the distinct feeling that you are a bit confused, go do some reading and fast.

Honor killings are extremely rare in Israel's Jewish society, when I say rare, I mean never. You do realize that the majority of the people in Israel is of different culture and religion than the rest of the region, right?

Guess not. Middle East 101 is strongly advised. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Can't wait for them to play again, if Djoker wins wondering what Fed will say in his post match this time. :o

He will probably cry like a girl and retire... :shrug:

Allure
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I would like to see your answer to my post. :wavey:

Rogiman
08-29-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm getting the distinct feeling that you are a bit confused, go do some reading and fast.

Honor killings are extremely rare in Israel's Jewish society, when I say rare, I mean never. You do realize that the majority of the people in Israel is of different culture and religion than the rest of the region, right?

Guess not. Middle East 101 is strongly advised. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Of course he does, the guy fries jews for breakfast :lol:

Fumus
08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
He will probably cry like a girl and retire... :shrug:

Like you did when Fed lost to Canas for the second time?:devil:

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM

At least Canas didn't deny Roger from winning 3 Wimby crowns... :o :devil: :hug: :wavey:

Fumus
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
At least Canas didn't deny Roger from winning 3 Wimby crowns... :o :devil: :hug: :wavey:

Touche! ;)

General Suburbia
08-29-2007, 05:31 PM
For a second there, I read the title of the thread as "Why doesn't Federer look like Djokovic?"

Me and my habit of unconsciously adding words.

tangerine_dream
08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Roger spent $800 on a haircut. I wonder what he pays for his manicures? :lol:

Forehander
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM

when the hell was that!?!??!?! 800 bucks!?

lina_seta
08-29-2007, 05:58 PM

wutt
how do u know that?
800$$!!! WTH unless its a permanent haircut u get once and not have to get again in ur life... or for some 3 years

cmurray
08-29-2007, 06:00 PM

$800.00 for a HAIRCUT? For that price, I hope he at least got a blowjob to go with it. Geeze. :rolleyes:

nobama
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Roger spent $800 on a haircut. I wonder what he pays for his manicures? :lol:Where did you read that? I thought only presidential candidates spent that much on a haircut. :o

Fumus
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
$800.00 for a HAIRCUT? For that price, I hope he at least got a blowjob to go with it. Geeze. :rolleyes:

For that price he could have gotten his nose fixed.;)

Kworb
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Roger has a crush on Novak, he's afraid to say anything positive because then it might show.

Fumus
08-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Roger has a crush on Novak, he's afraid to say anything positive because then it might show.

Roger is pretty homosexual that's obvious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2006/06/27/stfede27.jpg

Need I say more.

mangoes
08-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Touche! ;)

You guys are too funny:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex999
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Roger is pretty homosexual that's obvious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2006/06/27/stfede27.jpg

Need I say more.

lol, Mirka is just a cover.

DrJules
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
...because Djokovich is the new Ivan Lendl with 100% more charisma...cyborg tennis straight out of the lab...

lol

Actually he does remind me of Lendl a lot; his seriousness and intensity.

Fumus
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
lol, Mirka is just a cover.

A big cover...ho ho ho I kill myself.

Fumus
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
You guys are too funny:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JM is a funny guy...so it's easy.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Oh, I love your threads... so mischievous.

B/c Novak is reminder to Federer that he's reaching his tennis mid-life crisis

Fumus
08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh, I love your threads... so mischievous.

B/c Novak is reminder to Federer that he's reaching his tennis mid-life crisis

Yep, it's a forum I like to get the people talking....most time they just end up talking about how Rodtarded I am but oh well...

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-29-2007, 08:47 PM
rodtarted.... ahaha, oh God, the puns in this place are scary. And I though Sex in the City puns were the worst

R.Federer
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Good question. It¨s one of those questions without enough good answers. sort of like why does almost all of MTF hate andy roddick :confused:
He seems like a nice guy, I know I like him.

But he is hated wildly amongst the vast vast majority of tennis fans. And not just for his tennis style. Why!!!! :confused:
Usually that kind of venom is reserved for the enormously successful tennis player. But he can't be accused of that even :mad:

:wavey:

Alex999
08-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I think Roger doesn't like Djoko because Djoko has a biger pee pee :-)

Burrow
08-30-2007, 01:04 AM
It's obvious - he see's him as a threat. He is impressed, but chooses to hide it.

Jogy
08-30-2007, 01:29 AM

Guess not. Middle East 101 is strongly advised. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Look at your great compatriot how he attacked me when saying unfounded things with the **** thing. He is a big enough idiot ;)

Of course he does, the guy fries jews for breakfast :lol:
whatever you say, Federer still sucks and when all Israelis are so stupid like you to say such thing about ****** family members only because I don't lick Federer's ass on every thread like you do, I understand why your country has big problems since many years without peace. :wavey:

Forehander
08-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Look at your great compatriot how he attacked me when saying unfounded things with the **** thing. He is a big enough idiot ;)

whatever you say, Federer still sucks and when all Israelis are so stupid like you to say such thing about ****** family members only because I don't lick Federer's ass on every thread like you do, I understand why your country has big problems since many years without peace. :wavey:

wow...

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Jogy's a nazi, nothing new here.......

Rogiman
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
whatever you say, Federer still sucks and when all Israelis are so stupid like you to say such thing about ****** family members only because I don't lick Federer's ass on every thread like you do, I understand why your country has big problems since many years without peace. :wavey::rolls: Zig Heil!

Jogy
08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Sure guys, keep calling me the names like that and then run crying to your Federer biased mods when you can't stand that I hate Federer :)

and Rogiman the Israeli without brain here :retard:
I hate Federer and he thinks I **** my sister :rolls:

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
and Rogiman the Israeli without brain here :retard:
I hate Federer and he thinks I **** my sister :rolls:

Learn how to read first. Rogiman was implying that Roger (and not you :retard: ) ***** your sister for such hatred towards the guy...

The Pro
08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Can't move for arseclowns in this thread....

crude oil
09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
why doesnt robredo, roddick, monfils like djoker?

i guess we can add all of NYC too!!!

SheepleBuster
09-10-2008, 06:56 AM
I wonder what Mommy Novak is doing now that his son has lost to inferior Federer? These old people need to learn that you can't just dis the Fedmeister and get away with it. Since they have said it, Fed is 2-0 against Novak. I wish Uncle tony said the same thing about Fed. Maybe then he would stop his crush with Rafa

Fired Up!
09-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Cause he's the most arrogant person to walk on earth? :):)

Synthesis
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey Folklore - I hope Stan can pick it up the rest of the season. Indoor should be a great surface for him.

Wojtek
09-10-2008, 08:07 AM
because he is normal

Wojtek
09-10-2008, 08:08 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mecir
09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Good question. It¨s one of those questions without enough good answers. sort of like why does almost all of MTF hate andy roddick :confused:
He seems like a nice guy, I know I like him.

But he is hated wildly amongst the vast vast majority of tennis fans. And not just for his tennis style. Why!!!! :confused:
Usually that kind of venom is reserved for the enormously successful tennis player. But he can't be accused of that even :mad:

:wavey:

The best thing that AROD ever did was that ad where he is sitting in the plane and his trophy from the overhead compartment hits him on the head...hilarious

cocrcici
09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
History

MacTheKnife
09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
There are so many reason to choose from, no ??

nobama
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
hehe

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1221023113159940.xml&coll=1
NOTES: Federer revealed he loved Andy Roddick's jokes about Novak Djokovic, claiming he suffered from "bird flu" and the common cold -- a dig at Djokovic's many ailments that led to a small tirade by the Serb on court (and a torrent of boos) after he beat Roddick in the quarterfinals.

"I thought it was quite entertaining myself, being from the outside," Federer said. "I wouldn't love to have been Djokovic, myself. But it's a tough situation. Andy played a great joke on him. You've got to give it up to Andy. It's unbelievable."

FNT
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
What's there to like?

mashamaniac
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah the most arrogant player on earth!

mashamaniac
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
hehe

That's great statement by fed...:worship::worship:

Steelq
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
They both have too big egos,its impossible for them to like each other.But their rivalry is one of mutual respect though.

A_Skywalker
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
They both have too big egos,its impossible for them to like each other.But their rivalry is one of mutual respect though.

you are right. Ego king 1 vs Ego king 2

Kolya
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Djokovic has such charisma and grace on the court :p

Okonsky
09-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Djokovic has such charisma and grace on the court :p

See, it's not hard to be honest.

Btw, Fed likes Novak like he likes everybody else. Don't give a damn. Exept Wawa.

~Jin~
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah the most arrogant player on earth!
agree :worship:

groundstroke
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Federer's ego is justified as he is the best ever human to play the tennis game, but Djokovic is just rude, arrogant when he really shouldn't be and he's a cheater. (injury time outs)

tennis2tennis
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
He's honest people it was funny i couldn't help but laugh..and I don't hate novak!

MisterQ
09-10-2008, 03:59 PM
NOTES: Federer revealed he loved Andy Roddick's jokes about Novak Djokovic, claiming he suffered from "bird flu" and the common cold -- a dig at Djokovic's many ailments that led to a small tirade by the Serb on court (and a torrent of boos) after he beat Roddick in the quarterfinal

Yes, as I recall, Andy is quite familiar with the effects of the bird flu.

rocketassist
09-10-2008, 04:59 PM
This isn't a rivalry at all.

prima donna
09-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Must Djokovic always be at the center of controversy ? How about we just pretend that he doesn't exist until he gives us a reason to do otherwise ? He's neither a villain nor a saint; he's simply unworthy of attention. I'm not quite sure why people are so intrigued by an immature child trying to earn a living as a professional tennis player.

dorkgirl
09-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm guessing he doesn't think Djokovic paid him.. 'proper respect' for being the best in the world until this year. I'm betting Novak's parents various remarks haven't helped either. King is dead, anyone?

Personally, i think it's great. I don't want Fed/Rafa love ins where people just compliment each other all the time, i want the players getting under each other's skins and making the ATP interesting.

Must Djokovic always be at the center of controversy ? How about we just pretend that he doesn't exist until he gives us a reason to do otherwise ? He's neither a villain nor a saint; he's simply unworthy of attention. I'm not quite sure why people are so intrigued by an immature child trying to earn a living as a professional tennis player.

Hardly, he's one of the best 4 players in the world, and a slam winner. You may not like him, but he's certainly not "unworthy of attention".

Branimir
09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Federer doesn't like anyone.
Why would he like Djokovic? Do you seriously think Federer likes Nadal?

prima donna
09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Give me a break, he hasn't won anything of importance since Rome, since then, he's become the perennial bridesmaid. Nadal has accomplished the incredible feat of winning Roland Garros and Wimbledon back-to-back, as well as winning a gold medal. Roger Federer was in vintage form for about 55% of his match against Andy Murray, he's now a 13-time Grand Slam champion. I'm sorry, but Novak's Australian Open title in January just doesn't register on the scale. He's a non-issue as of late, people are perpetuating this image of him as a villain. He's far too insignificant to be a villain.

l_mac
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I have no idea whether or not they get on, but Roger sure does enjoy taking little swipes at Nole:
Q. Last year in the finals you met with Djokovic. There's a chance you might see him again soon. He's changed over the year, not imitating so much on the court. How is it different now if you were to play him compared to playing him year ago in the finals?

ROGER FEDERER: Only played twice since, Australian Open and Monaco. We haven't played that much really. He gave up in Monaco, which was only one set on clay.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2008-09-04/200809041220571484039.html
Q. On that note, you always seem to speak with tremendous sportsmanship, especially about some of the younger players coming up through the ranking. Is that something maybe as a statesman now you feel a responsibility to do?

ROGER FEDERER: ...

I mean, Rafa I always knew he was going to be a great player from the first moment I played him on. And I think Novak's done a incredible job of improving because I wasn't that impressed from Novak in the first place when I played him in Monaco. But Rafa, from the first moment, I knew he was going to be unbelievable.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2008-09-08/200809081220925546305.html

:lol:

Iván
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
who said he didnt like him?

JoshDragon
09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Because it's impossible to like Djokovic.

The_Nadal_effect
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM

How dare you call a champion like Nole an arrogant person?:eek:

Do you wish to be banned from this forum? Some of our mighty moderators might just do that.

tangerine_dream
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I have no idea whether or not they get on, but Roger sure does enjoy taking little swipes at Nole:

:lol:
*meow!* :cat:

This little tit for tat has been going on for a while between them, lots of tension brewing underneath the surface. :devil:

The Serb, beaten by Federer in last year's U.S. Open final, had no complaints about the New York crowd on a humid day at Flushing Meadows.

"I think they were pretty fair," he said. [b]"It was obvious that they are on his side because he's the ex number one and still the second best player in the world. He's defending champ here four times and people love him. He deserves that support."
:cat: *hiss!*

Okonsky
09-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Give me a break........

Ok people who dislike Novak, it's legitimate, course. Our prima donna is always nervous, in constant yelling mood. Woman, relax a bit.

Lets laugh.

Hey Tangy:wavey:

And yes Prima donna, you're right about third world. Serbs, Macedonians, Montengrians and Bosnians can't be premium or lifetime premium members here.

Matt01
09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Because it's impossible to like Djokovic.

I could have sworn that there are a lot of Djokovic fans here who like him :shrug:

xargon
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I have no idea whether or not they get on, but Roger sure does enjoy taking little swipes at Nole

And Nole takes swipes back. Like the recent one where he says something like....Roger, is a great player, the number 2 player in the world.

MIMIC
09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
And Nole takes swipes back. Like the recent one where he says something like....Roger, is a great player, the number 2 player in the world.

:confused: How is that a swipe?

Fumus
09-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't Roger likes Djokovic because of

"The king is dead. Long live the king"

Wow. Last year this time, I was a Djoko fan, so much has changed in a year...now I hate the guy.

Or Levy
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
:devil::devil::devil:

NOTES: Federer revealed he loved Andy Roddick's jokes about Novak Djokovic, claiming he suffered from "bird flu" and the common cold -- a dig at Djokovic's many ailments that led to a small tirade by the Serb on court (and a torrent of boos) after he beat Roddick in the quarterfinals.

"I thought it was quite entertaining myself, being from the outside," Federer said. "I wouldn't love to have been Djokovic, myself. But it's a tough situation. Andy played a great joke on him. You've got to give it up to Andy. It's unbelievable."

http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ssf/2008/09/us_open_federer_says_he_got_th.html

Ceri
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
:devil::devil::devil:

http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ssf/2008/09/us_open_federer_says_he_got_th.html

Ahahahahhahah - I thought this was a joke post but no! Gotta love it. :D

PiggyGotRoasted
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Maybe Djokovic looked at him funny?

Smash.
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
They are both very very lame :yawn:

Corey Feldman
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
good for the game

i'm actually starting to get uncomfortable with the Fedal love.. and now their families

altho maybe its that old saying of keeping your enemies close ...

Corey Feldman
09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't Roger likes Djokovic because of

"The king is dead. Long live the king"

Wow. Last year this time, I was a Djoko fan, so much has changed in a year...now I hate the guy.
.......... because he told Roddick where to go

Corey Feldman
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Tangy's gif :lol:

jerk American ballboys:rolleyes:

BigJohn
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Because Federer is an intelligent guy and a good judge of character?

xargon
09-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't think he likes or dislikes anyone really. They just exist. I think he is a very self-absorbed creature.

nastoff
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Federer doesn't like Djokovic ever since the faker took one of his usual fake injury timeouts which was way too obvious and Fedmug spotted it and felt insulted by it. He got pissed off big time and after the match made a speech about the rules being there "to be used not abused". Since then he treats Djokochocobovic with the utmost caution and contempt.

Nothing about the way himself is abusing the hawkeye system though.

Sunset of Age
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Nothing about the way himself is abusing the hawkeye system though.

Explain this a little further to me, will you? Abusing it?

He's one of the few players that abides the RULES of the Hawkeye challenge - if you want to made a challenge, do so immediately - not play a return first but immediately STOP the playing. He always does exactly that, not discussing with the umpire before, not returning a ball before he does so, and when in case a return lands out, asking for a challenge on a ball before, as so many other players do...

The fact that his challenges are usually completely :retard: :retard: :retard: is a different matter. He abides the rules, but could well do with a pair of fresh contacts in most of the cases. :cool:

l_mac
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
The fact that his challenges are usually completely :retard: :retard: :retard: is a different matter. He abides the rules, but could well do with a pair of fresh contacts in most of the cases. :cool:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hi Karin, bet you've been having fun these past couple of days :hug:

nastoff
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Explain this a little further to me, will you? Abusing it?

He's one of the few players that abides the RULES of the Hawkeye challenge - if you want to made a challenge, do so immediately. He always does exactly that, not discussing with the umpire before, not returning a ball before he does so, and when in case a return lands out, asking for a challenge on a ball before, as so many other players do...

That was a bit tongue-in-cheek actually.
But one could argue that the Djokovic "fake" injury timeouts are not against the rules either. If one can argue that Djokovic takes those timeouts to disrupt the opponents' rhythm so does Federer - with his retarded hawkeye challenges .
It's just speculation of course, I'm sure both of them are playing fair...possibly.

Sunset of Age
09-10-2008, 11:56 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hi Karin, bet you've been having fun these past couple of days :hug:

You can surely say that. Yes I have. :D

:hug:

dj_mercury
09-10-2008, 11:59 PM
He just spotted immediately what other people needed time to discover.

Sunset of Age
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
That was a bit tongue-in-cheek actually.

Ah, okay - I get your point, no prob! :D

But one could argue that the Djokovic "fake" injury timeouts are not against the rules either. If one can argue that Djokovic takes those timeouts to disrupt the opponents' rhythm so does Federer - with his retarded hawkeye challenges .
It's just speculation of course, I'm sure both of them are playing fair...possibly.

You surely have a point here. I guess a lot of Fed's :help: Hawkeye challenges are made out of frustration, and that might as well be the case with Djoko's whining-and-moaning injury fake-outs as well.

Ah, in the end... all of these guys are just HUMANS. Can't really blame them for it - at least it's the source of Top Comedy at MTF once in a while. :)

HoistDaColors
09-11-2008, 01:53 AM

I think those dumb challenges are really meant for him to see how far he missed the shots so that he can gauge his power/change his techniques accordingly. Whether he succeeds in changing his techniques in mid-match is another matter. :shrug:

Albop
09-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Why somebody likes Djokovic it's a better question.

blisteringpace
09-11-2008, 02:37 AM
I signed up for this forum expressly to vent about how much I DISLIKE Djokovic.

I really liked his style of play when I first saw him...then I heard him in an interview, read about his incredible ego and his womanizing, and that was it. I went from getting ready to get behind him as a player to actively rooting against him.

After watching his interview at the US Open when he beat Andy Roddick I could almost hear sponsor's recoiling in horror. I wonder if Dojkovic even has the slightest clue as to how much money he is costing himself in lost sponsorship dollars because of his attitude?

Not to mention...who in their right mind attacks the crowd at the US Open? That's just insane!

xargon
09-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Not to mention...who in their right mind attacks the crowd at the US Open? That's just insane!

That would be John McEnroe:

I was booed even though I was from NY and even though I had just beat Borg ('80) because I said so many stupid AND ARROGANT things to the crowd.

Forehander
09-11-2008, 06:05 AM
I signed up for this forum expressly to vent about how much I DISLIKE Djokovic.

Rofl dude that's crazy shiat right there :P Calm down man. But I do understand how you feel I'm with ya mate ;)

Forehander
09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Why somebody likes Djokovic it's a better question.

How about we put it another way:

"Why somebody likes Megatron is a better question."