Novak "Real Deal" Djokovic def. Robin "Not Quite There Yet" Haase 62 61 63 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak "Real Deal" Djokovic def. Robin "Not Quite There Yet" Haase 62 61 63

l_mac
08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Yay.

Björki
08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Nole :dance:

Robin :hug:

stebs
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Djokovic played pretty phenomenal considering it's a 1st round match.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Nole please come out the closet, jay kay...good win for Djoko...I hope he can make it through the toughest part of the draw.

Frederick16
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Frederick "when will people stop with the stupid qoutes between name and surname" Lindstedt dont care about this result ;)

GustavoM_Fan
08-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Haase doesn`t want to play :shrug:

cobalt60
08-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Nole :hearts: ;)

Purple Rainbow
Haase got schooled.
No doubt this was a good experience for him. Now he can spend the entire fall collecting ranking points.

Best of luck to Djoko!

sykotique
Excellent play by Djokovic and Haase looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, other than catching this beatdown. Saw him miss the entire ball on a rather simple smash he could have made if he had thought to time his jump properly.

Oh well, at least he shouldn't have to qualify for Slams anymore, or hope to get the lucky loser spot.

l_mac
Frederick "when will people stop with the stupid qoutes between name and surname" Lindstedt dont care about this result ;)

:haha: It's the new "outguns"

l_mac
08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Djokovic played pretty phenomenal considering it's a 1st round match.

Let's hope he's peaking too soon :)

sykotique
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM

I have a hunch...now don't kill me for it...I can't be sure but...I'm guessing you don't like Djokovic?

l_mac
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I have a hunch...now don't kill me for it...I can't be sure but...I'm guessing you don't like Djokovic?

What gave it away? Was it my signature?

sykotique
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM

Not sure. Could have been. I have a knack for these things, really. Clairvoyance?

stebs
08-28-2007, 08:59 PM

That's certainly a good clue. :lol:

Frederick16
08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
:haha: It's the new "outguns"

:D

DrJules
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

He will need to in the 4th round if he plays Hewitt.

stebs
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
He will need to in the 4th round if he plays Hewitt.

If he plays like this Hewitt isn't beating him. It's not that Hewitt isn't good and from what I've heard he started pretty well against Delic but Djokovic was so consistently good in attack and that is the play that Hewitt has no answer to, it takes top players to give those performances but Djoko is certainly capable.

l_mac
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
If he plays like this Hewitt isn't beating him. It's not that Hewitt isn't good and from what I've heard he started pretty well against Delic but Djokovic was so consistently good in attack and that is the play that Hewitt has no answer to, it takes top players to give those performances but Djoko is certainly capable.

Hewitt isn't Haase, it won't be the same match. I thought Hewitt would beat Djokovic at Wimbledon but I was proved wrong. :( Anyway, the 4th round is a long way off. Maybe neither will even get there!

ezekiel
08-28-2007, 09:44 PM
too good

UDACHi
08-28-2007, 10:18 PM
novak. :worship: beatdown!
keep building your form up round by round. your draw requires it.

Sleepwalker64
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
The number of haters is growing. That's a good sign. Ajmo Nole!!

Scotso
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Nole :rocker2:

keep kicking ass.

Halba
08-28-2007, 11:06 PM

novak just has more weapons than hewitt off the ground. bigger FH, Serve and Backhand, and even movement/hands. Djoko is a more advanced version of hewitt.

jonny84
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Great great start for Novak's US Open campaign.

Hope he keeps going.

Andi-M
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
The number of haters is growing. That's a good sign. Ajmo Nole!!

:lol: It is :p

Congrats Nole :kiss:

l_mac
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
The number of haters is not growing. I think there are only about 6 of us.

ivanban
08-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Superb opening from Nole :worship:

Sunset of Age
08-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Haase didn't bother too much, he knew right away that he'd get schooled by Nole. He was lucky to enter the MD in the first place, and fully aware of that.

Great job, Nole, good start of the tournament!

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I was there :dance: It was a good solid first round match :D

Highlight of the match was the kids rushing down to the court 2 points or so early to get ready for Novak's autograph and the chair had to tell them like.. "Hey be quiet, you're too early" and Haase tells the kids, "Just one more minute" :rolls:

Hopefully he'll keep rolling along :dance:

griffin_230
08-29-2007, 02:12 AM
I thought Haase would give a tougher test than he did because he recently beat Berdych, but he had no answer to Djoko. The commentators on eurosport were saying that Haase actually played quite well and wasn't there to just lie down; that people just looking at the scoreline wouldn't actually realise this.

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 02:27 AM
I thought Haase would give a tougher test than he did because he recently beat Berdych, but he had no answer to Djoko. The commentators on eurosport were saying that Haase actually played quite well and wasn't there to just lie down; that people just looking at the scoreline wouldn't actually realise this.

This is true. :)

ReturnWinner
08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
wow what a really difficult draw he got

Magenta
08-29-2007, 04:04 AM

Highlight of the match was the kids rushing down to the court 2 points or so early to get ready for Novak's autograph and the chair had to tell them like.. "Hey be quiet, you're too early" and Haase tells the kids, "Just one more minute" :rolls:

:haha: :haha:

That's just gold

nikita13
08-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Yay.
Please, calm down. It's only the first round. :D

Excellent play by Djokovic and Haase looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, other than catching this beatdown. Saw him miss the entire ball on a rather simple smash he could have made if he had thought to time his jump properly.

Oh well, at least he shouldn't have to qualify for Slams anymore, or hope to get the lucky loser spot.:lol: its unfortunate but he gained some points and hopefully no more LL.

ce2
08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
:woohoo:

Deivid23
08-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Impressive from Nole, I had doubts about him overcoming this draw but it´s tough to see him losing if he plays like this. Keep it up son

HNCS
08-29-2007, 09:49 AM

That's like the cutest thing ever!! :hug:

and a big :yeah: to Novak.

Deivid23
08-29-2007, 09:49 AM
wow what a really difficult draw he got

STFU u tool :retard:

ReturnWinner
08-29-2007, 01:27 PM
wow Gilipollas boy posting his -every day bullshit- posts

this is the clown who said Verdasco is one of the top three most talented players in the world and the best returner of Roddick Serve

hahaha :retard:
STFU u tool :retard:

Sunset of Age
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
In some Dutch newspapers today it was reported that Haase actually thanked Nole for the tennis lesson at the post-match handshake... :lol:

vincayou
08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Impressive from Nole, I had doubts about him overcoming this draw but it´s tough to see him losing if he plays like this. Keep it up son

You had doubts he would beat the lucky loser? :confused:

Haase is more of a future prospect.

tangerine_dream
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Nole please come out the closet, jay kay...
Heh. Here's more proof that Novak is waygay. From ESPN blog:
Actress/model/singer Grace Jones greeted Novak Djokovic in the Players' Lounge with a kiss on each cheek, as the two chatted only 30 minutes before his first-round match against Robin Haas.
;)

Personally I could care less if he's gay or straight, but I am happy to see that he's a hit with the fans as well as the press just as I knew he would be. :)

Fan Favorite Djokovic Wins at US Open
Novak Djokovic has discovered that beating Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer at the same tournament can go a long, long way.

A bona fide talent with an infectious personality, Djokovic beat Robin Haase of the Netherlands 6-2, 6-1, 6-3 Tuesday on a crowded Louis Armstrong Stadium court that seats over 10,000 fans.

"I honestly didn't expect so many people to watch my match," Djokovic said after his first-round win at the U.S. Open. "I made a big breakthrough this year, so everybody's really interested in the way I play."
As I've been saying, it's pretty easy to get the USO crowd eating out of your hand: just show some fun personality, interact with the crowd, and you'll own the place in no time, it doesn't matter if you're not a homeboy American.

I like crowd psychology and it's interesting to me how some players just have that special spark that easily attracts people to them. I'm seeing articles in the press such as "Djokovic piles up fans" and "Djokovic stealing the show." Meanwhile, four years after Roger started his world domination, I'm still reading stuff like "Can Federer win US fans' respect?" Roger definitely has his fans here in the states but the crowds as a whole have not really embraced him.

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Tangy doesn't miss an opportunity to bash Roger...... Get a life you fat ass !