Nadal gets screwed by OOP-again [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal gets screwed by OOP-again

case
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
What have the Slams got against NADAL?:rolleyes:

He should have played today. so now he plays two matches in two days?
They are starting doubles. If i was Nadal I'd be :mad:
Shades of Wimpy Wimbledon

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
The ATP will cheat as much as required to help Federer win. He will get his tainted 15th slam some day the way everyone cheats for him.

ReturnWinner
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
well so do Nalbandian,Ferrer and all players inside his fourth round section

ReturnWinner
08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Nadal is very fit so why u whine that much??? he should be more than ok :rolleyes:

Castafiore
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Nalbandian plays today, doesn't he?
So, does Malisse.
(haven't really checked out the others in his quarter but quite a few of them will have to follow the same schedule)

Fumus
The US Open is the only slam that splits the first round up into three days.

The first day...only half of the top half plays. The second day, half of the top and half of the bottom plays, and then on third day only the bottom half plays. You see...no one is getting screwed and Nadal will have as much time to rest as anyone else will.

Stensland
why would they hate nadal? it's pretty much up to the tv stations and i don't see them having any advantages by an early rafa-departure.

Apemant
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
why would they hate nadal? it's pretty much up to the tv stations and i don't see them having any advantages by an early rafa-departure.

You know.. its the 'I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me' - thing. :devil:

bokehlicious
08-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Typical Rafatarded paranoia... :zzz: :zzz:

case
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM

The first day...only half of the top half plays. The second day, half of the top and half of the bottom plays, and then on third day only the bottom half plays. You see...no one is getting screwed and Nadal will have as much time to rest as anyone else will.

Oh come on- they played the ENTIRE first half of the draw in one day. so Nadal's half plays pretty much whenever? that just isnt fair.

Why didnt they split the first half too?
The doubles are the ones that should have started later.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Typical Fedtard endorsement of cheating and rigging.
Enjoy another qualifier in the second round Fed.

scoobs
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Getting the excuses in nice and early I see.

Puschkin
08-28-2007, 03:50 PM

:eek: Spartans (whatever that is in tennis :rolleyes: ) needing excuses? Only wusses do so. :p

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Typical Fedtard endorsement of cheating and rigging.
Enjoy another qualifier in the second round Fed.

So how do you rate Nadals chances of winning this years US Open as a percentage RFK?

oz_boz
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
The ATP will cheat as much as required to help Federer win. He will get his tainted 15th slam some day the way everyone cheats for him.

That makes a lot of sense, particularly considering the exciting Nadal is more marketable than boring Fed :lol:

You know.. its the 'I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me' - thing. :devil:

Beat me to it :yeah:

mashamaniac
08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
that's funny how they are working against rafa!! that's pure cheating IMO...ridiculous

Rogiman
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
:sobbing:

Winston's Human
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh come on- they played the ENTIRE first half of the draw in one day. so Nadal's half plays pretty much whenever? that just isnt fair.

They did split the top half. Roddick and Blake (who are in the top half) play today.

nobama
This happens every year. In 2005 Nadal played his R1 match on Monday and R2 on Wednesday night. Last year it was Roddick.

MatchFederer
that's funny how they are working against rafa!! that's pure cheating IMO...ridiculous

..And how do you rate Nadals chance of winning this years US Open as a percentage?

l_mac
Jeebus. Is it to late to change my vote in the Most Annoying Fanbase poll?

GlennMirnyi
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
There's a Nadal forum, stupid idiot.

mashamaniac
08-28-2007, 04:04 PM
i rate rafa's chances as high as fed's!:worship: no one is favoring rafa as a real contender but it'll be proved wrong sooner or later,we'll see...:)

ReturnWinner
08-28-2007, 04:04 PM
uy my bad sorry , yeah he and ferrer play today, i jsut checked an argentine newspaper -clarin- says he has to play tomorrow,wrong mistake by that newspaper :p

anyway Nadal schuedule is ok, he plays against Jones,not Blake hehe plus on this surface he has not as much "works" as on clay he does
Nalbandian plays today, doesn't he?
So, does Malisse.
(haven't really checked out the others in his quarter but quite a few of them will have to follow the same schedule)

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
i rate rafa's chances as high as fed's!:worship: no one is favoring rafa as a real contender but it'll be proved wrong sooner or later,we'll see...:)

So even with their respective current draws/OOP that you are lambasting, you see Rafa has having an equal chance to win the US Open... They both got relatively kind draws, sit back and enjoy the show.

Blondie1985
08-28-2007, 04:07 PM
There are 3 little words that one can say here- WTF?

Jimnik
08-28-2007, 04:07 PM

RG plays first round over three days: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. :p

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 04:10 PM
PWNED!!!

--feels ashamed-

Beforehand
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm actually struggling to come up with something to say besides "Wrong."

The_Nadal_effect
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM

I favour Rafa's chances but not as blatantly as you do. It will be a Spartan thing. Bruises, swords, whipping, chopping, injuries...but freedom in the end!:devil:

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Are you saying you favour Rafa over Roger despite their respective earlier successes at this tournament?? Are you insane?

El Legenda
08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Nadal fans have a low IQ :)

GlennMirnyi
08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Nadal fans have a low IQ :)

http://markramsey.com/wp-content/captain.obvious.jpg

The_Nadal_effect
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Are you saying you favour Rafa over Roger despite their respective earlier successes at this tournament?? Are you insane?

When did Rafa ever succeed in this tournament? By far the toughest for his style, no?

Sunset of Age
08-28-2007, 04:33 PM
This happens every year. In 2005 Nadal played his R1 match on Monday and R2 on Wednesday night. Last year it was Roddick.

True as true can be. As some other poster already said, the USO is the only slam that divides the 1st round matches over three days - Monday to Wednesday. As Rafa is the #2 seed, and as such, on top in the second half of the bottom draw, he'll always end up playing his 1# round match on Wednesday.

Or in other words: this whole thread is a load of crap.

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 04:36 PM
When did Rafa ever succeed in this tournament? By far the toughest for his style, no?

EXACTLY what i was getting at. So then it would be INSANE to favour Nadal over Federer in this years US Open, which is why I asked if I understood you correctly.

The_Nadal_effect
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
EXACTLY what i was getting at. So then it would be INSANE to favour Nadal over Federer in this years US Open, which is why I asked if I understood you correctly.

Oh...I was into Spartan mode. Not 'logic' mode.:D

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh...I was into Spartan mode. Not 'logic' mode.:D

:silly: .. I SHOULD have realised this .. :silly:

Please put your logic cap on... :o

:p

Burrow
08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
So how do you rate Nadals chances of winning this years US Open as a percentage RFK?

6%

MatchFederer
08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
:rolls:

That is probably accurate.

Sunset of Age
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Let's all just wait and see what will happen... ;)

Castafiore
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Talking about stupid threads...

Didn't you start a very, very similar thread about two years ago when Roger was scheduled on Wednesday evening?
I could be wrong but I do remember a big fuss over one of your threads.

The_Nadal_effect
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM
:silly: .. I SHOULD have realised this .. :silly:
Please put your logic cap on... :o

Sorry. Not in the USO. Logic won't help him on fast courts. Actually, I expect logic to work against him here. So the conquest will have to be truly Spartan:

The time has come to hold your breath
For now will rise the fist of death
At the hour of nought The One will rise
and make the Persians pay their price
Heads that rose with pride will roll
and rid the meadows off the troll
So savour that static moment's pause
Then break into a wild applause...

Donny
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
LOL, this thread is the funniest thing I've ready today. (And that's saying a lot, since I've just read the latest Redneck Britney news.)

Skyward
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
As Rafa is the #2 seed, and as such, on top in the second half of the bottom draw, he'll always end up playing his 1# round match on Wednesday.

I think Federer played on Wed last year. It's not always No 2 who ends up playing on Wed.

nobama
08-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Talking about stupid threads...

Didn't you start a very, very similar thread about two years ago when Roger was scheduled on Wednesday evening?
I could be wrong but I do remember a big fuss over one of your threads.
Sorry I don't remember if it was my thread. I don't think I'd ever complain about him playing at night match at USO. :lol: I know I bitched about them sticking him out on court at 11am when the stadium wasn't even half full.

nobama
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
True as true can be. As some other poster already said, the USO is the only slam that divides the 1st round matches over three days - Monday to Wednesday. As Rafa is the #2 seed, and as such, on top in the second half of the bottom draw, he'll always end up playing his 1# round match on Wednesday.

Or in other words: this whole thread is a load of crap.Last year Fed played R1 on Wednesday. I think Nadal did too, but I know rain played a part in scheduling last year. The question I have is why they choose to play R1 over 3 days. RG does too, but at least they start a day earlier.

Sunset of Age
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Federer played on Wed last year. It's not always No 2 who ends up playing on Wed.

I might well be mistaken here, so thanks for the correction - but as far as I know, it's always been the fact that the 1st round matches get spread over three days at the USO, so, nothing new.

That's why they end up with playing both SFs on Saturday, and there have been a few threads about the (un)fairness of that as well, if I remember correctly.
Anyway, I don't think it's much a big deal.

l_mac
08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
The question I have is why they choose to play R1 over 3 days. RG does too, but at least they start a day earlier.

I have the same question, actually. Super Saturday is another "Why?"

Winston's Human
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I have the same question, actually. Super Saturday is another "Why?"

The answer is CBS.

Stensland
08-28-2007, 05:49 PM
btw does anyone find that the uso website is so full of stuff that it slows down your computer? i feel like my pc's got lots to work on while i'm on that site.

l_mac
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
The answer is CBS.

:lol: Yeah, I should have said that I actually know the answer, although it doesn't explain the 3 day 1st round. That's just asking for the weather to create havoc. Sort of like Wimbledon's "no middle Sunday" tradition.

Greenday
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
What have the Slams got against NADAL?:rolleyes:

He should have played today. so now he plays two matches in two days?
They are starting doubles. If i was Nadal I'd be :mad:
Shades of Wimpy Wimbledon

GOD!....First round matches are played across 3 days....as second seed nadal is in the last quarter.....so he or the first seed quarter will end up playing on the third day...Fed palyed on wednesday last year....this has been pretty much the situation with the second seed or first seed in USO......How come people start complaining without even knowing the stuff...ridiculous

l_mac
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
GOD!....First round matches are played across 3 days....as second seed nadal is in the last quarter.....so he or the first seed quarter will end up playing on the third day...Fed palyed on wednesday last year....this has been pretty much the situation with the second seed in USO......How come people start complaining without even knowing the stuff...ridiculous

No offense, but you seem to know as little about it as the OP.

nobama
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I might well be mistaken here, so thanks for the correction - but as far as I know, it's always been the fact that the 1st round matches get spread over three days at the USO, so, nothing new.

That's why they end up with playing both SFs on Saturday, and there have been a few threads about the (un)fairness of that as well, if I remember correctly.
Anyway, I don't think it's much a big deal.CBS has to have their stupid "Super Saturday". Just like NBC has to have the rights to show matches tape-delayed so nobody misses a minute of the Today Show. :rolleyes:

Greenday
08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
No offense, but you seem to know as little about it as the OP.

Oh yeah, can you point out wat was so ridiculous in my post??...I hav been visiting the Open for the last 6 yrs.....I dont think there was anything so bizzare in my post...if you think so..feel free to point it out...

Fee
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Or in other words: this whole thread is a load of crap.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner.

Barring rain, Nadal won't have to play two days in a row unless he plays in the semi and the final, so....

Veronique
08-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner.

Barring rain, Nadal won't have to play two days in a row unless he plays in the semi and the final, so....

But if it rains, then he's screwed like he was at Wimbledon. I don't see him surviving 3 days in a row on the hardcourts of Flushing Meadows.

cmurray
08-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh for pity's sake. :rolleyes:

Yes. Let's complain just in case it rains and just in case Nadal has to play a 5 set match over 5 days that he SHOULD have closed out in 3.

scarecrows
08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
same story after 1 year, just replace Nadal withe Federer and case with mirkaland as thread starter

Sunset of Age
08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh for pity's sake. :rolleyes:

Yes. Let's complain just in case it rains and just in case Nadal has to play a 5 set match over 5 days that he SHOULD have closed out in 3.

Never too early to start a thread like this... ;)

RonE
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

Castafiore
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
same story after 1 year, just replace Nadal withe Federer and case with mirkaland as thread starter
I knew it! I knew that such a thread by mirkaland existed.

cmurray
08-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Oh yes. She started a thread JUST like this one last year. And got suitably flamed for it, just as Case has been.

Fumus
08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

Words? You mean shit? Cuz that's what you are full of.

Fee
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM

It's not rocket science, it's very easy to find all of someone's threads (put your mouse over their username, click on profile, then click on 'Find all threads started by this user' ).

Ta da: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84671

cmurray
08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
It's not rocket science, it's very easy to find all of someone's threads (put your mouse over their username, click on profile, then click on 'Find all threads started by this user' ).

:lol: Fee :hug:

nobama
08-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I knew it! I knew that such a thread by mirkaland existed.So what? Have I complained about or said anything negative towards the OP? :shrug:

cmurray
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
So what? Have I complained about or said anything negative towards the OP? :shrug:

Well...no. But you did make it seem as though it is silly to comment on it since it "happens every year".

nobama
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Well...no. But you did make it seem as though it is silly to comment on it since it "happens every year".
OK well shoot me because I didn't remember a thread I started a year ago and smart ass Castafiore did (and who only posted in this thread to point that out). :rolleyes:

t0x
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Of course Fed's getting his matches first, he's in Roddick's section of the draw!

Last year Fed played Wednesday and still won the tournament. This year it's Rafa's turn to get the shitty deal - but bear in mind it didn't stop Fed winning the entire thing last year.

Johnny Groove
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Jesus tapdancing Christ, stop bitching :rolleyes:

So Nadal plays Wednesday, big fucking deal :retard:

Magus13
08-28-2007, 09:00 PM

The lower portion of the top half is playing tonight. That includes Roddick. No player will play 2 days in a row except for Semi- Finals and Finals or weather related issues. Relax. If your boy plays well and is healthy he should do fine, if not he'll lose. It's on him not the schedule.

case
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh yes. She started a thread JUST like this one last year. And got suitably flamed for it, just as Case has been.

Oh . Sorry;) (not really!) that there has been a thread like this last year. Just goes to show that nothing ever changes:p

I still think they need to change. BTW,I am not a big Nadal fan...

l_mac
08-28-2007, 09:45 PM
BTW,I am not a big Nadal fan...

Pfft. Why?

Who is your favourite player? Don't say Federer. Or Djokovic. We have enough of them.

tangerine_dream
08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Nadal should take it as a compliment that USO is giving him Wednesday all to himself. That means he's a big fat superstar in the USA which roughly translates to big $$$. He's so popular that he doesn't need to share the stage with anybody else. First night is William$ $i$ter$, Second night is $harapova/Ro$$ick, Third night is Na$al Famoo$e A$$. Why would USO squander all that money to be made by making Nadal play the same day as Roddick/Sharapova? Tonight's session was sold out yesterday.

Rafa will survive playing two matches in a row. If he can survive the Wimbledon nightmare he can survive anything. :dance:

case
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Pfft. Why?

Who is your favourite player? Don't say Federer. Or Djokovic. We have enough of them.

I would NEVER say fed or Djokovic. Cant really stand them-heard too much about how great fed is and Djoker seems full of himself.

I like Gasquet-I have taste! Actually i kind of like Nadal;)

Blondie1985
08-28-2007, 11:22 PM

then Nadal must pay a shit load for all his favorable draws, only
faces 3 top 10 players in slam this year and last year only 1 top 10
in slams and that was Ljubicic on clay. Nadal wimbledon draw had non
on his way to the final the boy is still paying that off.

Blondie1985
08-28-2007, 11:27 PM
If he can survive the Wimbledon nightmare he can survive anything. :dance:

LOL....
nightmare???

Yeah it's really tough mentally playing injured players especially
when they are winning ! I mean you have the stress of hoping they will retire.
Oh wait ........

l_mac
08-28-2007, 11:32 PM
then Nadal must pay a shit load for all his favorable draws, only
faces 3 top 10 players in slam this year and last year only 1 top 10
in slams and that was Ljubicic on clay. Nadal wimbledon draw had non
on his way to the final the boy is still paying that off.

LOL....
nightmare???

Yeah it's really tough mentally playing injured players especially
when they are winning ! I mean you have the stress of hoping they will retire.
Oh wait ........

http://www.midwestsports.com/images/500/Federer07USOpenBag.jpg

Johnny Groove
08-28-2007, 11:34 PM

that really says it all :worship:

Blondie1985
08-28-2007, 11:40 PM

lol

Funny thing is Nadal is the one with the prison muscles and pedal
pushers, Nadal remind me of gay marine and anybody who pick there ass that often would change their underwear but maybe he like objects
beside Moya up in that just a theory :devil:

Andi-M
08-28-2007, 11:47 PM
MTF always has the ability to make me PMSL :D

cmurray
08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
lol

Funny thing is Nadal is the one with the prison muscles and pedal
pushers, Nadal remind me of gay marine and anybody who pick there ass that often would change their underwear but maybe he like objects
beside Moya up in that just a theory :devil:

Hey. Don't blame Rafa because Federer is one step away from running around in platform shoes, hot pants and a halter top.

Kitty de Sade
08-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey. Don't blame Rafa because Federer is one step away from running around in platform shoes, hot pants and a halter top.

Thanks a lot Cheryl, I just spit a strawberry/mango/starfruit smoothie all over my keyboard. I KNEW I should have waited to open up a thread that had your name on it. Serves me right to be all sticky.

I can't help it- your posts are like so much blow. :sobbing:

guga2120
08-29-2007, 12:10 AM

:haha:

Havok
08-29-2007, 12:13 AM
It pretty much balances out in the end anyways. Plus, generaly speaking, the top seeds usualy have little trouble in the early rounds so it won't kill them to be a tad pressed during the first week. Everyone is equal during the second week, though, which is the more important week as you're bound to play top player after top player after top player.

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks a lot Cheryl, I just spit a strawberry/mango/starfruit smoothie all over my keyboard. I KNEW I should have waited to open up a thread that had your name on it. Serves me right to be all sticky.

Aw, KT. you know I can't help myself. That bag is just too magnificent for words. :hearts:

mmmm...starfruits. Yummy. Send some to Rochester, would you?

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Aw, KT. you know I can't help myself. That bag is just too magnificent for words. :hearts:

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Rogi's been raiding one of Serena's walk-in closets again, I see. Too bad he raided the one reserved for rejected items.

Ohhh.. I hope he steals a pair of her gigantic gold hoop earrings and that pleather outfit from the US Open a few years ago. :drool:

Kitty de Sade
08-29-2007, 12:29 AM

Man, lots o' glare coming off that thingy, no? I need my industrial strength Blu-Blockers to get through it. :)

Anything for you Muz. As soon as you send over the next installment of the (radio protected edit) Chronicles to Chicago, I will deliver the starfruit to your doorstep. :kiss:

mrserenawilliams
08-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Rogi's been raiding one of Serena's walk-in closets again, I see. Too bad he raided the one reserved for rejected items.

Doesn't he know? Maria gets first dibs on Serena rejects :o

Geez Rog :lol:

*still shaking my head @ this one :unsure: *

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Man, lots o' glare coming off that thingy, no? I need my industrial strength Blu-Blockers to get through it. :)

Anything for you Muz. As soon as you send over the next installment of the (radio protected edit) Chronicles to Chicago, I will deliver the starfruit to your doorstep. :kiss:

Oh, just admit it, Kel. You KNOW you want a quilted patent-leather duffel bag (honest to God, I can barely type that without sputtering out a laugh. My kids think I'm nuts).

I see how it is. You're blackmailing me. Its smut for starfruits. :haha: We can create our own little scandal

Metis
08-29-2007, 12:58 AM

:spit: :rolls: OMG! Fortunately, unlike Kelli :p , I was not eating/drinking anything while reading your post.

Blondie (new promising star rising in the Fedtard ranks?) was on fire in this thread until your response put her in her place :worship: .

Alistair
08-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Great. Rafa is the final leg of a 6-leg parlay that now won't cash for another day.

Magus13
08-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Fed gets the night match Tomorrow. Guess he must be able to draw at night.

cmurray
08-29-2007, 01:36 AM
:spit: :rolls: OMG! Fortunately, unlike Kelli :p , I was not eating/drinking anything while reading your post.

Blondie (new promising star rising in the Fedtard ranks?) was on fire in this thread until your response put her in her place :worship: .

Just trying to keep a little perspective here.

So...how long do you think it'll be before she starts a "Who is going to take out Rafa at the US Open" thread? We should start laying bait now. Raf could use another GS title, don't you think? :angel:

Blondie1985
08-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Just trying to keep a little perspective here.

lol

Time for some Nadal perspective

It is hard to see Nadal winning more than a couple non-clay slams at
this point in time.

And, he can't change his game because he does not play tennis. He is
nothing but a vacuum cleaner, hence his nickname .... Hoover.

cmurray
08-29-2007, 01:52 AM
lol

Time for some Nadal perspective

It is hard to see Nadal winning more than a couple non-clay slams at
this point in time.

And, he can't change his game because he does not play tennis. He is
nothing but a vacuum cleaner, hence his nickname .... Hoover.

:spit: :haha: :haha: Hey, fedtards - you have another marquis member. Enjoy! :wavey:

Metis
08-29-2007, 03:09 AM
:spit: :haha: :haha: Hey, fedtards - you have another marquis member. Enjoy! :wavey:

A gem in the making, still rough around the edges, but shaping up well :D . On her way to qualify for the ACC 07 and, who knows, make a little run there :yeah:.

I doubt she would dare start a thread like: "Who will roast Rafa at the US Open?". It's out of her league at this point... ;)

Beforehand
08-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Can I veto letting him in our club?

azza
08-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Alun Jones will have to play 2 matches. :sad:

Nadalfanatic
08-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Man screw the US Open for putting Nadal on the third day and Federer first. I'm sick of Federer getting all the advantages.

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm sick of Federer getting all the advantages.

I agree, not fair at all, the entire season should be played on the dirt !

:retard:

Castafiore
08-29-2007, 07:35 AM

I am aware of that search option, thanks, but I just didn't bother actually looking for it.

Marek.
08-29-2007, 07:36 AM

At least we don't have RFK. :D

tennis_fan_2006
08-29-2007, 07:48 AM
What's with all this whinning from rhe Rafatards? Last year Federer played his first round match on Wednesday.

maqk
08-29-2007, 08:02 AM
This guy can play 2 matches in ONE day & can win them BOTH AS WELL :shrug:

so whats the big deal

RonE
08-29-2007, 08:25 AM
The question I have is why they choose to play R1 over 3 days.

This goes back to when the USO was still played in Forrest Hills before it was moved to Flushing Meadows.

The facilities there weren't big enough to hold enough courts and locker rooms to accomodate 128 players over two days and so the first round was spread over a three day period.

When the venue was moved to Flushing Meadows this had already become a tradition and the way things are done even though the facilities now are more than adequate to allow for a two day first round. (See? The English are not the only ones who do stupid things because of "tradition" :lol: ;) )

Rogiman
08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Tradition is overrated.

thesupreme
08-29-2007, 09:52 AM

lol @ the above, Spartans need excuses for future losses on hardcourts now?

Viken01
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
(See? The English are not the only ones who do stupid things because of "tradition" :lol: ;) )

:haha:

groundstroke
08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
hahahahhaahha

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Can I veto letting him in our club?

NO - we have to put up with all that spartan BS from RFK - and I think this little gem might just even things out so to speak.