How can tennis fans who are not Fedtards enjoy the last Slam of 07? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How can tennis fans who are not Fedtards enjoy the last Slam of 07?

jaybee
08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
How about some tips as to how to enjoy the US Open when we all know what the inevitable result will be?

I am not a fedtard but I am resigned to the fact that he will win. It just totally ruins the tournament for me.

sykotique
08-28-2007, 05:45 AM
You can enjoy it by actually being a tennis fan...

ExpectedWinner
08-28-2007, 05:48 AM
How about some tips as to how to enjoy the US Open when we all know what the inevitable result will be?

I am not a fedtard but I am resigned to the fact that he will win. It just totally ruins the tournament for me.

Watch all available matches, excluding 7 Fed's matches (if he plays that much). :shrug:

Action Jackson
08-28-2007, 05:50 AM
If I lived out my dreams through my favourite player results, then the only way they would make to the first Wednesday is by a rain delay.

bokehlicious
08-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Another pathetic thread by a pathetic Rafatard........ :zzz: :zzz:

bokehlicious
08-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Did the OP get bored by RG times ? Just wondering... :scratch: :retard:

Jogy
08-29-2007, 11:13 AM
If I lived out my dreams through my favourite player results, then the only way they would make to the first Wednesday is by a rain delay.
When I would do this there would only be two Argentina players in it, all dopers who did something in past would stay out and Federer would need to qualify in best of seven matches with the most bad OOP you can imagine, Ljubicic to serve underhand serves, Djokovic disallowing the 20 times ball bounce before the serve and many more

Action Jackson
08-29-2007, 11:14 AM
When I would do this there would only be two Argentina players in it, all dopers who did something in past would stay out and Federer would need to qualify in best of seven matches with the most bad OOP you can imagine, Ljubicic to serve underhand serves, Djokovic disallowing the 20 times ball bounce before the serve and many more

:haha: :haha:

Jogy style justice there.

Rogiman
08-29-2007, 11:16 AM
When I would do this there would only be two Argentina players in it, all dopers who did something in past would stay out and Federer would need to qualify in best of seven matches with the most bad OOP you can imagine, Ljubicic to serve underhand serves, Djokovic disallowing the 20 times ball bounce before the serve and many more:scared:
Nazi troll is back

ranaldo
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Actually some 'Fedtards' including myself think he's crap this year and won't win the USO. His 2004, 2005 form was better.

cobalt60
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Best to be a fan of tennis I guess rather than just one player;) Don't know what you enjoy watching ie: slugfests( who would enjoy that;) ) or players actually using their brains and skills out there? I find if there is a match on tv that's the former or the players are playing stupidly then I turn the tv off and go find something else. Matches are exciting when there is an actual contest out there. And if players have brains that's even better;)

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah this Federer is definitely shitty, he will get lucky not to get bagelled by Capdeville...

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Did the OP get bored by RG times ? Just wondering... :scratch: :retard:

Pardon, but didn't you say the EXACT same thing during the claycourt season? Does that make you a :retard: too? :scratch:

bokehlicious
08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Pardon, but didn't you say the EXACT same thing during the claycourt season? Does that make you a :retard: too? :scratch:

No, I was confident Roger would actually have balls and finally spank Piggy's famous arse :sad: :D

cmurray
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
No, I was confident Roger would actually have balls and finally spank Piggy's famous arse :sad: :D

:sobbing: Roger Federer the ball-less wonder. That poor, poor man. Sniff.

:lol:

BlueSwan
08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Unforntunately Roger won't win this year. No one escapes the Bud Collins curse.

Beforehand
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
You can enjoy it by actually being a tennis fan...

Thread over.

RogiFan88
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
just don't watch it... go to Disneyland instead and have some fun...

Naranoc
08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Watch it all except for his matches and the final? :shrug:
Great play should be appreciated, regardless of what you think about some individual players.

tennisgal_001
08-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Watch some WTA :rolleyes:

jaybee
08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Watch it all except for his matches and the final? :shrug:
Great play should be appreciated, regardless of what you think about some individual players.

I didn't say that I can't appreciate great plays and good matches between the other players. I can and I do. My point is this: There's a reason why the tournament proceeds in such a way that there's a champion in the end of it (it's not a collection of matches, it's one entire tournament) and there's a reason why people keep track of who's moving to the next round (just look at sports news).

roger is so good he'll definitely get the trophy. For me, it's like watching a movie the ending of which I already know.

And FYI JMPower, I don't think nor hope Rafa will win USO 07. I only wish some other player will be a genuine competition for roger in the finals so at least I can say, here's a match that can go either way.

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
And FYI JMPower, I don't think nor hope Rafa will win USO 07. I only wish some other player will be a genuine competition for roger in the finals so at least I can say, here's a match that can go either way.

I'm sure, on the other hand, that you feel just fine when the clay season starts... :o it is sure a lot more competitive... :rolleyes: :zzz:

Ferrero Forever
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Well Ferrero and Gonzo are out. If Tommy loses then my interest will be greatly reduced, but here we get coverage from the quarters, and provided that matches are of excellent quality then it will be easy to enjoy the US open.

jaybee
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Hamburg 2007.

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Hamburg 2007.

IW & Miami 2007 :o

shonami slam
08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
ha! now there is a thread i can reply to -

introduce yourself to women's tennis.
no one knows who will win, and there are some really juicy QF match-ups, not to mention already we get 3rd round clashes that seem intresting on paper.

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM

no one knows who will win, and there are some really juicy QF match-ups, not to mention already we get 3rd round clashes that seem intresting on paper.

www.wtaworld.com

:zzz: :zzz:

Action Jackson
08-30-2007, 10:28 AM

Wow, lets just watch brainless ball bashing for the majority of time.

jaybee
08-30-2007, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the tip.

WTA or Roger vs. others

What choices.

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip.

WTA or Roger vs. others

What choices.

Eurosport airs some English bowling sometimes... ;)

madmanfool
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
watch the other 121 matches

RonE
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM

Yes the shrieking contest between Sharapova and the Williams sisters to see who has the loudest grunt is really edge-of-your-seat stuff :yeah:

dorkino
08-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I guess sooner or later someone 'll say that if you fail to be a Fed fan then u're not a real tennis fan for his talent,power,etc,etc,....

Don't believe such thing BTW. Everyone has the right to like or don't like any player even if he's the number one in the game. i experienced such feeling more than once.

speaking of me, Fed. is and guess'll be one of my all time favorites but actually i stopped rooting for him on every occasion a while ago for many reasons,but mostly because i also love other players/players' game /sympathize with them and want to see them win more. Honestly i don't think it's a crime. Come on now shoot me :D

The solution is that :Just try to enjoy tennis no matter what the results are :) there'll be other players and guess other awaited matches other than the final. ofcourse things 'll be worse if you don't like many players especially those favorites on HC. And though the final result seems inevitable but after all who has a crystal ball? :)

Posted by GWH /ADR
:lol: great you still love the game.

HybridTheory
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
WTA isn't bad, some players are yes, but that counts also for ATP.
I'm tired of those threads of making fun of womens tennis everytime someone makes a comment about ATP being boring.
If you don't like WTA, don't watch it. Whatever.

OT: I'm not particularly a Federer fan, although I enjoy watching his matches.
Obviously Fed is the big favourite for the title, but that doesn't mean it will be a boring tournament. For sure there will be some good matches.

martine2
08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
In every tournament there are interesting matches.
If my fav players are out early, I'm pissed but in that case there are other good matches to watch and I enjoy this just as much (well, maybe "almost" as much to be honest :angel: )

CmonAussie
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
By witnessing the Rocky Llegs rennaissance~~ 2001 USO champ back in the swing with the 2007 trophy<:)

Action Jackson
08-30-2007, 11:15 AM
:lol: great you still love the game.

Yes, I do the love the game for the most part.

stebs
08-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes, I do the love the game for the most part.

Of course you do but let's be honest, you're a fanboy as well. I mean if Roddick wasn't playing you wouldn't watch tennis would you? Ducktard supremo is our GWH. :p

Andre'sNo1Fan
08-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Just ignore Federer's matches, after all you should be used to him winning everything and boring us all by now....concentrate on other matches. I know what you mean though, it does ruin the tournament, we need some unpredictability otherwise its just a bore.

scarecrows
08-30-2007, 11:41 AM

I'd rather stick a fork in my thigh

stebs
08-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Just ignore Federer's matches, after all you should be used to him winning everything and boring us all by now....concentrate on other matches. I know what you mean though, it does ruin the tournament, we need some unpredictability otherwise its just a bore.

Don't use your own opinion and assume that others agree. In fact, I should say you are in the very slim minority of tennis fans judging by the fact you ridiculously thought that 90% of people could acheive what Federer has if they had his talent.

rocketassist
08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Don't use your own opinion and assume that others agree. In fact, I should say you are in the very slim minority of tennis fans judging by the fact you ridiculously thought that 90% of people could acheive what Federer has if they had his talent.

I agree with him. Federer has it nailed on, and it's boring. How can any glory hunter tards seriously enjoy this? Only his fans from 2000 onwards will.

Andre'sNo1Fan
08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I know others don't agree, there are many Fedtards on this forum :rolleyes:

Erm Federer has the most talent ever given to a tennis player, thats by popular consensus, so I'm not sure what you're on about. No, I'm not claiming tennis is all about talent, but it is a big part.

MatchFederer
08-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I am guessing with some certainty that Stebs is referring to Federer's mental strength and resilience... which many people with the same talent would not have been able to display.

bokehlicious
Andre#1whore brilliance strikes again... :rolleyes: :zzz:

Tutu
WTA isn't bad, some players are yes, but that counts also for ATP.
I'm tired of those threads of making fun of womens tennis everytime someone makes a comment about ATP being boring.
If you don't like WTA, don't watch it. Whatever.

OT: I'm not particularly a Federer fan, although I enjoy watching his matches.
Obviously Fed is the big favourite for the title, but that doesn't mean it will be a boring tournament. For sure there will be some good matches.

agreed.:worship:

Andre'sNo1Fan
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Andre#1whore brilliance strikes again... :rolleyes: :zzz:
Nice to see you too ;)

MatchFederer
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
You are both whores aren't you? :bolt:

Andre'sNo1Fan
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Speak for yourself.

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 12:39 PM

I am a proud one indeed :cool: :wavey:

stebs
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I know others don't agree, there are many Fedtards on this forum :rolleyes:

Erm Federer has the most talent ever given to a tennis player, thats by popular consensus, so I'm not sure what you're on about. No, I'm not claiming tennis is all about talent, but it is a big part.

You will find that there are a great deal of fans (more than half I'd say) who don't support Federer but don't find him boring.

Anyway, it is good for tennis for sure that Federer appears to be getting a new challenger in Djokovic and it shows how stupid and clownish posters on here are that post Montreal the USO was Djoko's to lose and now Federer has won it before R3 gets underway.

As for Federer's talent it is undeniable that he has it in spades but I guess for every 100 players who have the talent to reach the top 30 about 99 of those will never make the top 200. Most top tennis players there is little to choose between them technically and yes Federer is a special case but if you gave 100 random guys his talent I doubt any of them would come close to doing what he's done.

MatchFederer
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Speak for yourself.

I am a proud one indeed :cool: :wavey:

It is true that I am also a whore... but you two are in a different league! I don't do badly but both of you, especially JMPower, are spectacular whores! :worship: :p

I'll put in some winter training and come back better for the Olympic Games in Beijing.

Burrow
08-30-2007, 01:52 PM
:sobbing: Roger Federer the ball-less wonder. That poor, poor man. Sniff.

Not done bad for a "ball-less" wonder then, has he?

Funny how a "ball-less" wonder is ahead of piggy in the rankings.

marcRD
08-30-2007, 02:01 PM
If Federer is so boring how come he makes a whole stadium deliht with oooooohs and wows like last night against Capdeville? I have never heard any other player hypnothise the audiance like Federer does when he is playing his best tennis (Santoro comes close).

bokehlicious
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
If Federer is so boring how come he makes a whole stadium deliht with oooooohs and wows like last night against Capdeville?

The world is full of pathetic Fedtards who need to get a life... :shrug:

MatchFederer
08-30-2007, 02:19 PM
:shrug: .. A lot of people are pissed off that Roger wins so much and are therefore blind to his brilliance. *sticks on shit stirring hat* I guess some people would rather watch guys like Andy Roddick produce nothing but mediocrity as soon as there racket strikes the tennis ball (If in a rally).

cellophane
08-31-2007, 05:03 AM
Watch women's tennis... er I mean sorry, that's beneath the posters here. :o Edit - Oh, I guess someone already said that. :lol:

Sjengster
08-31-2007, 05:06 AM
(Santoro comes close).

A little more than close after tonight's match.