Wallace Cañas def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-3 4-6 7-5 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wallace Cañas def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-3 4-6 7-5 6-3

Tomy
08-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Though he didn't play his best tennis, he is still giving his all on every single point he plays... Willy's attitude is just :worship:
Keep on fighting, Willy!!!

+alonso
08-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Pretty intense match!

Cañas of course had to pull a mini choke wihle being 6-3 4-1*, and let RRH win 8 games in a row before coming back! RRH also choked, He played an awful game at 4-2 in the 3rd and let Cañas back in the match, maybe because He got nervous!

Cañas will have to play better in the next round.

Ruben put a nice effort in the 2nd and 3rd set anyway! :)

martine2
08-28-2007, 03:33 AM
:eek: :eek: Didn't expect it would be that difficult for Willy... but he won :banana:

Action Jackson
08-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Good training for Willy this match.

Neely
08-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Pretty bad and not-so-nice-to-watch match, Canas recovered just in time it seemed, losing to RRH would just not fit him even if he didn't have too much success lately. Canas kept on running and fighting for the shots, but he had many poor shots or questionable shot decisions.

I had to :rolls: when Canas was upset about the overrule which happened on a shot on the far side, was it a funny discussion if you understood more Spanish than I do? Of course you can understand him, it was a double fault which gave RRH the break, on the other hand fans and players complain the chairs don't have the guts to overrule a shot which is not directly in front of their noses. Hard to say for sure whether it was right, to me the overrule seemed rather correct than wrong.

martine2
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Pretty bad and not-so-nice-to-watch match,

Did Eurosport show the match? Would be nice because I couldn't watch and I'd like to see it :)

Neely
08-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Did Eurosport show the match? Would be nice because I couldn't watch and I'd like to see it :)
Not completely. Eurosport showed Athletics later, but showed a bigger part of the 2nd set and a few games here and there, their main watch was the women's night session. Later I could only follow it on a stream, but I was juggling between Athletics and his match.

Rumour
08-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Cañas hasn't been too convincing on hard courts of late, has he :confused: Just don't see him going past one more round at this rate, especially if Haas can fully get his act together...

jonny84
08-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Still a win is a win. Longer match than I expected.

Jaap
08-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Murray will beat him in round 3......thats if Lee doesn't finish him in round 2.

Viken01
08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Vamos willy !!

*snowflake*
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Guille :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I don't think i ever hated Eurosport more than last night when they cut to :rolleyes: Venus and the Hungarian broad :mad:

I had to :rolls: when Canas was upset about the overrule which happened on a shot on the far side, was it a funny discussion if you understood more Spanish than I do? Of course you can understand him, it was a double fault which gave RRH the break, on the other hand fans and players complain the chairs don't have the guts to overrule a shot which is not directly in front of their noses. Hard to say for sure whether it was right, to me the overrule seemed rather correct than wrong.
It was hella funny cause the ref kept speaking in Spanish and Guille for some reason kept going at him in English. The ball looked very in to me, but what you gon do when you play on the court 11. He should be used to getting fucked by the line judges by now...

Rumour
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Murray will beat him in round 3......thats if Lee doesn't finish him in round 2.
That's right, I was looking at the wrong section and thought he'd be facing the German instead... Same difference really as Cañas doesn't seem to be in top form while Murray finally looks to be regaining it after the wrist problem, and even the Korean could be a tough customer :shrug:

VolandriFan
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Glad Willy pulled it together eventually. :D

Lee is tough on fast surfaces, and likes playing baseline retrievers, so Willy had better come prepared for his next match. :)

stebs
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Willy's serve which was phenomenal earlier in the year is really weak right now. If he plays Murray in R3 it will get jumped on every time the first serve doesn't go in.

Burrow
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Phew..Break up in the second and lost every game left in the set.

Jaap
08-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Willy's serve which was phenomenal earlier in the year is really weak right now. If he plays Murray in R3 it will get jumped on every time the first serve doesn't go in.

Drugs have worn off.

User ID 29337
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
:rocker:

jcempire
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Canas win it very easy

Tomy
08-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, you should take into account the fact that Willy hasn't rested in a whole year... I mean, while all the players were sunbathing waiting for the Australian Open to knock their doors, Willy was playing (and winning) as many challengers as he could. He needs some time off, but we know him... he'll keep on running untill his legs burst all over the court.