Gasquet: DY is a future Top 10 player [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet: DY is a future Top 10 player

Tennis Fool
08-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Q. What do you know about your next opponent?
RICHARD GASQUET: He progress incredible. I saw him last year. This year, he's not the same guy for sure. Last year he was really young. This year he's young too, for sure, but he plays really, really good. I think he will be in three or four years in the top 10 for sure. If he's patient, he will be great for sure. He plays like a little Rios. He has the same game like him. No, he has a lot of talent. It's great for American tennis.

Nice words. Wish I could see the match :ras:

El Legenda
08-28-2007, 01:57 AM
gasquet just covering himself in case he goes down :lol:

Mariana_lcf
08-28-2007, 01:58 AM

lol probably :haha:

Viken01
08-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Young just won his first match in a slam and he is a future top 10 player ? Is it not a little premature ? :haha:

Tennis Fool
08-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Young just won his first match in a slam and he is a future top 10 player ? Is it not a little premature ? :haha:

Well, top 20 players like Davydenko and Gasquet seem to think so :shrug: You don't know what's in store for the future, who the competition will be or how your body will hold up, but I guess based just squarely on talent.

case
08-28-2007, 02:13 AM
gasquet says about the same thing about all the players. the 20th ranked guy 0r the 60th. "Great player, have to play my best, etc."
He just wont (or his english wont let him) insult another player

I think his english is limited!

Viken01
08-28-2007, 02:23 AM
gasquet says about the same thing about all the players. the 20th ranked guy 0r the 60th. "Great player, have to play my best, etc."

Yeah I heard him speaking english it's not that great... but he will improve it ... I guess :D

Viken01
08-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Last year he was really young. This year he's young too

Of course his name is still Young :D

Well, top 20 players like Davydenko and Gasquet seem to think so :shrug: You don't know what's in store for the future, who the competition will be or how your body will hold up, but I guess based just squarely on talent.

Yes in term of talent maybe they are right :)

Andi-M
08-28-2007, 02:28 AM

:haha: :haha:

Good one!

NYCtennisfan
08-28-2007, 02:48 AM

He does, but it's usualy generic stuff like you said. He doesn't usually talk about players going into the top 10 and what not to my knowledge.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-28-2007, 07:33 AM
the new Rios? i want to see play this DY...

last year i saw him playing against Nole but he was very young to tell something about him

Clara Bow
08-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Interesting comments from Richie.

I actually think that DY- from the limited amount that I have seen- plays a more flair as opposed to power type game that is more typical of young US guys now and he actually reminds me more of some of the French players.

I hope that DY does continue to mature, etc.- because I find his game a nice variation from a lot of the other US players.

Since Richie has such a pretty, flair-filled game- I imagine that he may like DY's game a lot more than say a Sam Querry or Isner. I am not saying Donald is akin to Gasquet- just that I imagine that his game would appeal to Richie more.

Rumour
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Last year he was really young. This year he's young too, for sure...

Of course his name is still Young :D
:rolls:
...but he plays really, really good. I think he will be in three or four years in the top 10 for sure. If he's patient, he will be great for sure. He plays like a little Rios. He has the same game like him. No, he has a lot of talent. It's great for American tennis.
English proficiancy aside, those are words of high praise indeed... Still haven't seen enough of Young myself to judge - not that my personal evaluation means much in itself as I still consider myself a tennis novice despite watching the sport for many years - so I'll take Gasquet's word for it that the American at least seems to have the ability to be a top player.

nhissan
08-28-2007, 12:06 PM

So you gonna troll every threads about Donald Young? :rolleyes:

Viken01
08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
So you gonna troll every threads about Donald Young? :rolleyes:

I'm not trolling at all I was just giving my opinion. I don't see what I did wrong :)

Forehander
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Maybe but i don't know

the graduate
08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Yesterday was my first time to see him play and was greatly impressed.Thank goodness he is not a ball basher,I think he is better than all the american youngsters.I was not impressed by Isner,after the big serve there is nothing just another Karlovic.Donald is the future of American tennis and is way talented than Roddick and Blake.

Voo de Mar
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Gasquet's statement was too early. He might say it after loss to Young in straight sets.

Fedex
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes, I am going to put a lot of stock in what Gasquet says given his vast experience as a top ten player.

jcempire
08-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Interesting comments from Richie.

I actually think that DY- from the limited amount that I have seen- plays a more flair as opposed to power type game that is more typical of young US guys now and he actually reminds me more of some of the French players.

I hope that DY does continue to mature, etc.- because I find his game a nice variation from a lot of the other US players.

Since Richie has such a pretty, flair-filled game- I imagine that he may like DY's game a lot more than say a Sam Querry or Isner. I am not saying Donald is akin to Gasquet- just that I imagine that his game would appeal to Richie more.

Absolute Agree

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, I am going to put a lot of stock in what Gasquet says given his vast experience as a top ten player.

At least some Fed fans show some level of sanity.

Gasquet is a fool and a clown.

Mistaflava
08-28-2007, 03:28 PM

not it means they know talent when they see it. he also won some junior slam events and im pretty sure you have to be good to do that.

alfonsojose
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Isner is just a first serve :tape:

guy in sf
08-29-2007, 12:32 AM

He says that about all of his opponents. He always has nice words to say about them almost as if he's below them. I don't know if it's modesty or not but he never says anything bad or even neutral about his opponents.

guy in sf
08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
At least some Fed fans show some level of sanity.

Gasquet is a fool and a clown.

It's a total joke to me everytime I read anything you write about Gasquet, I have to cringe every single time. What did Gasquet ever do to you dude?

mrserenawilliams
08-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Nice words from Rich :yeah:

*Viva Chile*
08-29-2007, 01:17 AM
a little Rios??? :retard:
what kind of :smoke: are you smoking Richie??? :o

The Freak
08-29-2007, 02:12 AM
The biggest praise you can get is from your peers. Davydenko last week and then Gasquet now.
I'm glad Donald has shown so much improvement. :worship:

Schu
08-29-2007, 04:30 AM
It's a total joke to me everytime I read anything you write about Gasquet, I have to cringe every single time. What did Gasquet ever do to you dude?

Not even worth wasting your time responding to such a "fool and a clown" to quote the REAL fool and clown.

jonny84
08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I can see him being the American #1 for sure, and being a fixture in the Top10.

Byrd
08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
If he grew a little taller his prospects would look real promising.

Tennis Fool
08-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Bump :)

jcempire
08-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Q. What do you know about your next opponent?
RICHARD GASQUET: He progress incredible. I saw him last year. This year, he's not the same guy for sure. Last year he was really young. This year he's young too, for sure, but he plays really, really good. I think he will be in three or four years in the top 10 for sure. If he's patient, he will be great for sure. He plays like a little Rios. He has the same game like him. No, he has a lot of talent. It's great for American tennis.

Nice words. Wish I could see the match :ras:

I said, He could win a GS at least before 20 yrs