RIDICULOUS opening night schedule on Ashe [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RIDICULOUS opening night schedule on Ashe

Pages : [1] 2

sawan66278
08-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Um...there are TWO singles tourneys going at Flushing this week. Why in the heck did they simply put Venus AND Serena as the opening matches on Ashe Monday night? NO MEN'S MATCH ON ASHE ON OPENING NIGHT!!!!!!

What a travesty!!! I thought Roger would play Jenkins there...give the crowd a "taste" of the Fed genius...but no, let's pump up the Williams sisters...and have everyone out of the stadium by 9:30. Give me a break...the USTA is awful...case closed.

And if it rains a lot over these two weeks...we can thank the USTA for putting all these women's singles matches on in the beginning...:mad: :mad: :mad:

jonny84
08-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Its because they are having a tribute night to tennis legend Althea Gibson - 50 years after she won the US Open.Serena and Venus are playing there as part of her tribute night.

416_Life
08-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Um...there are TWO singles tourneys going at Flushing this week. Why in the heck did they simply put Venus AND Serena as the opening matches on Ashe Monday night? NO MEN'S MATCH ON ASHE ON OPENING NIGHT!!!!!!

What a travesty!!! I thought Roger would play Jenkins there...give the crowd a "taste" of the Fed genius...but no, let's pump up the Williams sisters...and have everyone out of the stadium by 9:30. Give me a break...the USTA is awful...case closed.

And if it rains a lot over these two weeks...we can thank the USTA for putting all these women's singles matches on in the beginning...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ignorant. Plus, Serena and Venus have been struggling/injured/dead lately so despite playing n00bs these matches could last long.

Serena's grunt is mouth watering.

nobama
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM

And if it rains a lot over these two weeks...we can thank the USTA for putting all these women's singles matches on in the beginning...:mad: :mad: :mad:They did this because of the Gibson tribute. Since Fed is playing Monday during the day he'll probably play R2 Wednesday night.

Andre♥
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Night session will last one hour.

30 minutes for each Williams sister and it will be over...

BlakeorHenman
08-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Its because they are having a tribute night to tennis legend Althea Gibson - 50 years after she won the US Open.Serena and Venus are playing there as part of her tribute night.

I think that seems appropriate.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I think putting the Williams sisters out back to back after a fitting tribute to Althea Gibson, 50 years after winning Wimbledon and the US Open, is a very nice thing to do and I couldn't care less it means there's no mens matches on that night :shrug:

Burrow
08-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Night session will last one hour.

30 minutes for each Williams sister and it will be over

Probably

Loftra
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Having 4 women's matches and only 1 men's match on Ashe is the most stunning fact for me.

mr_burns
08-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Having 4 women's matches and only 1 men's match on Ashe is the most stunning fact for me.
Yeah thats right it shows that the mens game has not so many big names for the stadium anymore

only fed nadal blake and roddick will have a AA appearance for sure

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 04:10 PM
How about you do a little research before shooting your mouth off, idiot. The Althea Gibson trubute fits very well with Venus and Serena's matches.

As for 4 womens matches on Ashe, who gives a shit? :retard: Its not as if the mens matches wont even be played

barbadosan
08-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Seems the significance of the tribute, and of the accomplishment, is lost on you. Sad.

ServeAlready81
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Put a sock in it, Federer is catered to way too much IMO anyway. It's a nice thing for them to have Venus and Serena on opening night considering their tributing Althea Gibson.

Forehander
08-26-2007, 04:46 PM
some rubbish tribute

Rogiman
08-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Tribute shmibute. And if you dare say it's silly in your opinion be ready for 102302945 posters who grew up on the idea that political correctedness is the highest value coming at you.
I think putting the Williams sisters out back to back after a fitting tribute to Althea Gibson, 50 years after winning Wimbledon and the US Open, is a very nice thing to do and I couldn't care less it means there's no mens matches on that night :shrug:That's because you'd rather watch women's tennis anyway.

Andi-M
08-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I think its reallly nice :)

Goo Serena!!!!!

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd have to agree with the article that said it would have been nice to not just put the Williams sisters on, though, showing that Althea Gibson's win was important to more than just black women.

MCL
08-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I think putting the Williams sisters out back to back after a fitting tribute to Althea Gibson, 50 years after winning Wimbledon and the US Open, is a very nice thing to do

Exactly :yeah:
---
For those :crying2: about the tribute

Tennis tournaments commemorate lots of milestones/events. So, why not commemorate this one?:scratch: Concern with the timing of the tribute is a different issue.

Also, the tribute might generate even more publicity for the event and add a new twist to advertising campaigns. There's more money to be made and professional tennis is a business.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Tribute shmibute. And if you dare say it's silly in your opinion be ready for 102302945 posters who grew up on the idea that political correctedness is the highest value coming at you.
That's because you'd rather watch women's tennis anyway.
No, actually I wouldn't.

I do, however, think it has some value and can be entertaining at times. I also appreciate

a) the history of the sport, and
b) the history of the civil rights movement.

This is an anniversary for both, and I think a tribute and then matches featuring two modern players who in many ways are natural successors to Althea Gibson, are a very nice, and fitting idea for the opening night.

I'm sorry some people can't see wider than their own prejudices and see a bigger picture, but that's nothing to do with me.

Svetlana.
08-26-2007, 05:45 PM
I wish one day all sporting activities would be free of the political agenda...

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Frankly I'm all in favour of the cancellation of the women's tour in entirety.

But it will always exist for the same reason it has existed for decades. Consumerist greed. No one really thinks that it's good tennis or that it has aesthetic value. It's boobs, tits and filler (eg. the ugly chicks).

Needless to say I won't be watching when the mutant twins are playing.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Frankly I'm all in favour of the cancellation of the women's tour in entirety.

But it will always exist for the same reason it has existed for decades. Consumerist greed. No one really thinks that it's good tennis or that it has aesthetic value. It's boobs, tits and filler (eg. the ugly chicks).

Needless to say I won't be watching when the mutant twins are playing.
It's so nice to be told my opinion on the subject of womens tennis :rolleyes:

Since I'm gay and therefore fairly immune to appeal of the tits and ass variety, and since I find some womens tennis watchable even if a lot of it is dross, your opinion is obviously just another pointless generalisation.

Fee
08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Monday might be the last time the women get so much attention at this tournament, so suck it up. Besides, the majority of the people going to the tennis center DON'T watch matches on AA, so lucky for them the high quality matches are on the outer courts.

hilluis
08-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Agree with scoobsuk. By far one of the most sensible and lucid posters on this forum. Cyborg, "ugly chicks" guy,you're joking, right?

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:09 PM
It's so nice to be told my opinion on the subject of womens tennis :rolleyes:

Since I'm gay and therefore fairly immune to appeal of the tits and ass variety, and since I find some womens tennis watchable even if a lot of it is dross, your opinion is obviously just another pointless generalisation.

You find aesthetic value in women's tennis?

DMNRS22
08-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I think that it is a fitting tribute to honor Gibson. all you cry babies: just suck it up!

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Agree with scoobsuk. By far one of the most sensible and lucid posters on this forum. Cyborg, "ugly chicks" guy,you're joking, right?

I am a little bit, of course. The point in general is that women's tennis is butchery. As to why people actually watch it - this doesn't matter. People watch Uwe Boll's films. The Hollywood box office is filled with pointless garbage. People will watch anything.

mangoes
08-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Obviously, you haven't taken the time to understand the importance of the night before posting your very silly thoughts. This is suppose to be an honor to Althea Gibson. I think you can survive one night of no men's tennis:rolleyes: on AA, but lots of men's matches on the outer courts.:o

On a funny note, cute of you to throw in Roger's name when you don't care to see him play either.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 06:12 PM
You find aesthetic value in women's tennis?
Some of it. By no means all of it. Then again, that's true of mens tennis also - depending on the players and surfaces some mens matches can be the absolute pits.

I find less enjoyable about womens tennis than I do in mens, in general - less good players who play good technical tennis technically, less good matchups, but there are still some players I like to watch and follow.

416_Life
08-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I am a little bit, of course. The point in general is that women's tennis is butchery. As to why people actually watch it - this doesn't matter. People watch Uwe Boll's films. The Hollywood box office is filled with pointless garbage. People will watch anything.

Dead. Kgrazieciao.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Some of it. By no means all of it. Then again, that's true of mens tennis also - depending on the players and surfaces some mens matches can be the absolute pits.

I find less enjoyable about womens tennis than I do in mens, in general - less good players who play good technical tennis technically, less good matchups, but there are still some players I like to watch and follow.

So... you sort of like it? Eg. when there's nothing better to watch-kind of "like it"?

Bremen
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
I can find aesthetic value in Justine Henin's backhand....

scoobs
08-26-2007, 06:19 PM
So... you sort of like it? Eg. when there's nothing better to watch-kind of "like it"?
No.

I watch less womens tennis than I do mens - this is a reflection of the fact that I can get less coverage of womens tennis and what coverage I do get tends to only be later rounds.

It's also a reflection of the fact that there are less players on the womens tour that I am interested in watching due to their being less techical variety of styles on the womens tour, so while I might sit down and watch a match between two top 50 players on the ATP side - Kohlschreiber vs Mathieu for instances, I generally can't be bothered to sit and watch a match involving Martina Muller vs Alona Bondarenko, for instance.

But I do tend to watch the major players in action in the latter stages of events, especially the slams, and find it good to watch certain players who I think play the game well. I follow the WTA on a weekly basis, just not as closely as the ATP

hilluis
08-26-2007, 06:28 PM

NOt sure that butchery is the right word! but it can be painful at times to watch and it is true that you rarely, ie, never get quality matches with WTA players who are ranked lower than say 30.... which is not true of the men's game. Never seen an Uwe Boll movie.... but I take it they lack creativity and imagination? It is the stories and the personalities which also make tennis appealing, not just the actual game/match... hence there is appeal in the women's game for a lot of viewers.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
I can find aesthetic value in Justine Henin's backhand....

It is a nice backhand. She should have been born a boy.

sawan66278
08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree with those who think it is ridiculous. The U.S. Open is a tournament where people travel from ALL over the world...and buy their tickets well in advance of the schedule. For example, I have a friend who loves men's tennis, but doesn't care for the women's game. She has tickets for Monday night. Yes, the tribute is thoughtful AND WELL DESERVED.

However, when purchasing the tickets for night matches on Ashe Stadium, she purchased them with the idea that men's and women's matches would be played (or scheduled to be played) that night. And the USTA advertised as such. I understand and respect the idea behind having both sisters play that night. But I'm sorry: have a men's singles match that night as well. So, the schedule might run past midnight. Big deal. Whenever there are tributes or half times shows, etc. with other events, they DO NOT cut into or shorten the actual event.

I am a minority in the U.S., and truly respect the struggles and tribulations Ms. Gibson overcame. This is not the issue. The issue is that, in order to meet some arcane scheduling desire, no men's matches have been scheduled. AND besides, wouldn't be even MORE appropriate to have Roger play at night against Scoville Jenkins, an African American male. If the purpose is to celebrate the efforts and accomplishments of Ms. Gibson with respect to minorities, why limit it to just the women's game?

Narrow-minded...and, for me, another indication of the USTA acting as if they truly care about minorities in the tennis world. In my opinion, they don't give a hoot.

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
You present a good argument to be fair...

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Narrow-minded...and, for me, another indication of the USTA acting as if they truly care about minorities in the tennis world. In my opinion, they don't give a hoot.

It's all a show. The US Open has always been a high handed, masturbatory, self-important orgy of political corectness. The 'US' part kind of gives it away - this is the country where pres GW Bush doles out cheap speeches with little brown children behind him all in a row, all the while the black community is in shambles.

Enjoy the shitty women's tennis.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I take the point being made, but I would argue that you buy tickets well in advance and you have no idea of or control over what will be scheduled on that session you paid to go and see - this is always true.

Sometimes you may get lucky, sometimes you may find yourself disappointed by what you get - thems the breaks. If I were your friend I'd pop out and wander around - there's bound to still be some matches going on outside in the early evening at least.

Cyborg: Would you rather the US Open be a high handed, masturbatory, self-important orgy of political incorrectness, then?

hilluis
08-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Can see Sawan66278's point. Also, Cyborg, despite your snide "enjoy the shitty women's tennis", I think there is truth in the your comment that it is all a show - it is tv ratings which count, not a fan of all the entertainment hoopla that goes on at the US Open, but I do think this tribute is relevant.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Can see Sawan66278's point. Also, Cyborg, despite your snide "enjoy the shitty women's tennis", I think there is truth in the your comment that it is all a show - it is tv ratings which count, not a fan of all the entertainment hoopla that goes on at the US Open, but I do think this tribute is relevant.

Yeah, there's truth to it. Sorry, I couldn't help the snide part. Comes naturally.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Cyborg: Would you rather the US Open be a high handed, masturbatory, self-important orgy of political incorrectness, then?

I don't think the masses could masturbate to political incorectness. They would more likely consult their bibles for why and how what they're watching is wrong and harmful to their children.

SerenaFederer
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
it's amazing that people here don't like women's tennis but some of the players you follow like it and even make comments on it.... :o shame on some of you for being egoistic and sexist :o

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
It's not like they couldn't have put James Blake on, being an African-American, and it's not like they couldn't have put another player on, and pointed out that equality doesn't just go towards blacks.

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 06:53 PM
It's not like they couldn't have put James Blake on, being an African-American, and it's not like they couldn't have put another player on, and pointed out that equality doesn't just go towards blacks.

The day after he won New Haven? I daresay not :angel:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Two days. :p

Anyway, the whole thing just seems a little "Black woman wins. Now, black women can play."

Or, like the OP says...Scoville or D. Young or...SOMETHING.

njnetswill
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I really don't care what stadium which players are on, it's the result that matters.

MCL
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM

I agree. They should include a wider variety (in race and gender) of persons participating in the tribute.

On the other hand, Gibson's breakthrough has long been overshadowed (in the media) by that of Ashe because he is a man. Thus, women are the dominant faces of the tribute.

tennisgal_001
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Scheduling the night session for the Williams to commomerate Althea Gibson is a nice gesture on the USTA's part, despite the "real" motives behind it (we all know the USTA couldn't care less about it, it's all money-driven). My problem actually is that IF we're going to be treated to a night of women's tennis (because that's what it is in the end), WHY schedule only ONE men's singles match FOR THE DAY on AA? Most TV networks broadcast the matches on AA, and while I enjoy watching SOME of the women's matches, their first rounds are more like a practice session with a below-average hitting partner. And since most women's first round matches take about an hour to finish, and we all know Jenkins isn't pushing Federer anywhere besides the 2nd round, a fourth match on AA seems only fitting.
VERY poor scheduling in my opinion.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with those who think it is ridiculous. The U.S. Open is a tournament where people travel from ALL over the world...and buy their tickets well in advance of the schedule. For example, I have a friend who loves men's tennis, but doesn't care for the women's game. She has tickets for Monday night. Yes, the tribute is thoughtful AND WELL DESERVED.

However, when purchasing the tickets for night matches on Ashe Stadium, she purchased them with the idea that men's and women's matches would be played (or scheduled to be played) that night. And the USTA advertised as such. I understand and respect the idea behind having both sisters play that night. But I'm sorry: have a men's singles match that night as well. So, the schedule might run past midnight. Big deal. Whenever there are tributes or half times shows, etc. with other events, they DO NOT cut into or shorten the actual event.

I am a minority in the U.S., and truly respect the struggles and tribulations Ms. Gibson overcame. This is not the issue. The issue is that, in order to meet some arcane scheduling desire, no men's matches have been scheduled. AND besides, wouldn't be even MORE appropriate to have Roger play at night against Scoville Jenkins, an African American male. If the purpose is to celebrate the efforts and accomplishments of Ms. Gibson with respect to minorities, why limit it to just the women's game?

That's not a bad idea actually, but it goes to prove your second point. Money, money, and more money. That's what it's all about.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Ultimately it's about ratings - clearly they expect both Williams sisters to be ratings winners on day 1.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Needless to say the Williams sisters matches will be a triumph of black will and erase poverty across the continent.

Mission accomplished, organizers.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Needless to say the Williams sisters matches will be a triumph of black will and erase poverty across the continent.

Don't be so facetious.

Nobody is pretending that is going to happen, or that that is the point of all this.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Don't be so facetious.

Nobody is pretending that is going to happen, or that that is the point of all this.

Oh, come on. The implied point clearly is racial diversty and world peace. Stuff their heads with empty messages, pacify them, get them fat and chunky on sha-la-la.

And as we all know racial equality demands special priviledges. Isn't that right, folks?

Fee
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
No, the point of this is that a Black woman will be honored on a stadium named after a Black man, followed by two matches featuring Black women, and then Tuesday, someone in the USTA community grants office will DENY a funding grant to a predominantly Black inner city tennis program in order to give that same grant to yet another tennis club in Pacific Palisades.

The USTA is just superawesomecool that way.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh, come on. The implied point clearly is racial diversty and world peace. Stuff their heads with empty messages, pacify them, get them fat and chunky on sha-la-la.

And as we all know racial equality demands special priviledges. Isn't that right, folks?
There's nothing wrong with racial diversity and world peace is there? Are they not laudable goals? Am I missing something here?

Nobody is denying there are still social problems in America with the poor, which are lopsidedly (but by no means totally) black communities. But you know, in this world, if we waited until every single problem everywhere was solved before we commemorated something - if doing so was invalidated by the fact there are still issues - then nothing anywhere would ever get commemorated ever.

hilluis
08-26-2007, 07:13 PM

No, it is tennis, it is tv ratings.... and tomorrow maybe you will have a few men's matches to discuss/moan about and then you will be happy and wont have to bother your head about the dreadful opening tribute night with all its political connotations...

Rogiman
08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I can find aesthetic value in Justine Henin's backhand....I find aesthetic value in every part of her game, I love watching her period.
I'm sorry some people can't see wider than their own prejudices and see a bigger picture, but that's nothing to do with me.How expected.

You're either 100% politically correct or you're prejudiced.
I've always thought it's the things you do that matter, not the things you say, but obviously large portions of the world's population thinks differently.

I stand by my words: this tribute is silly (IMO).
Unless people stop stressing the race issue on every opportunity racism won't fade away.

FedFan_2007
08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
I hate this leftist political shit infesting my beloved tennis. Fuck it. Also Henin should have been born a man.

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
it's amazing that people here don't like women's tennis but some of the players you follow like it and even make comments on it.... :o shame on some of you for being egoistic and sexist :o

There are probably more people than you think he really don't have the time for womens tennis. I am definitely not sexist but I find it pretty hard to get into a womans match unless it is towards the latter stages of Slams.. I don't follow the WTA tour, I am just not that interested. There are fewer good match-ups in the womens game... there is a whole tour for the men and I would almost always choose to watch the mens game over the womens. I think about 10% maximum of the tennis I watch is womens, maybe less!

:cool:

Rogiman
08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Imagine if one of the sisters loses tomorrow... :rolls:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I find aesthetic value in every part of her game, I love watching her period.
How expected.

You're either 100% politically correct or you're prejudiced.
I've always thought it's the things you do that matter, not the things you say, but obviously large portions of the world's population thinks differently.

Unless people stop stressing the race issue on every opportunity racism won't fade away.
You know, I really don't see people stressing the race issue all the time, so that really is bullshit.

They don't spend all their time talking about "Serena Williams the black tennis player" or "James Blake the black tennis player" they just talk about them as tennis players.

But on an appropriate anniversary they are using the occasion to make a tribute to a wider struggle and honor what people went through in the past. You talk about the race issue - ignoring it won't make it go away either, and I tend to think overexposure out of well-meaningness is better than under-exposure anyway. I don't think this is even overexposure.

But you know, whatever - if you don't want to have to think about something a bit bigger then just don't bother watching - regular service will resume on Tuesday.

MCL
08-26-2007, 07:25 PM

It's just a tribute - nothing more and nothing less. You can consider it silly without being a racist/prejudiced person.

Racism won't fade away. Very few major issues fade away.

Neely
08-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I've really never ever seen before people whining about the schedule, OOP or how bad the USTA and the WTA is :angel:

:baby:

hilluis
08-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Well, I guess the test is - what tournaments would you pay to go and see? I enjoy watching both women's( from 1/4 on) and men's matches on tv but given the chance, would prefer to attend a men's tournament as there is so much more depth. Ideally, a Slam is best cos you get the choice. Still think it's kind of odd that if you are a tennis fan, you ignore the women's game completely.

sawan66278
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
No, the point of this is that a Black woman will be honored on a stadium named after a Black man, followed by two matches featuring Black women, and then Tuesday, someone in the USTA community grants office will DENY a funding grant to a predominantly Black inner city tennis program in order to give that same grant to yet another tennis club in Pacific Palisades.

EXACTLY.

The more cynical part of me believes that maybe they scheduled Scoville "1st Round Roadkill" Jenkins during the day to avoid his possibly being annihilated 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 before the huge night crowd.

mangoes
08-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Rogiman, the issue of race isn't so "simple" in America. Also, you may find the tribute silly, but there are many that feel the opposite way.

As for those complaining about having tickets to the event, the wonderful thing about the US Open is that the very best matches will be in progress on the outer courts while the ceremony is in progress, so there's an option.

EXACTLY.

The more cynical part of me believes that maybe they scheduled Scoville "1st Round Roadkill" Jenkins during the day to avoid his possibly being annihilated 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 before the huge night crowd.

I can assure you that there will be more people that want to see Serena and Venus versus Jenkins. Furthermore, the night is about honoring a black woman by putting the two biggest female black tennis stars on, back to back, that night. To put on Jenkins and Roger, the focus will not be on Jenkins, but on Roger, so consider that fact before going on and on and on about Jenkins.

Great point Fee:D

Bilbo
08-26-2007, 08:11 PM
the sheduling at the US Open always was the worst

sammy01
08-26-2007, 08:13 PM
i think the people who think having 4 womens matches on AA on the opening DAY is stupid need to look at the womens draw! 5 of the 6 contenders for the title are in the top half (imagine federer, nadal, djokovic, roddick, daveydenko all in the same half and to play on the same day!) the bottom half of the womens is alot weaker so exspect to see alot of womens matches on outside courts on tuesday as theres only realy sharapova that is likely to get on AA (maybe kuznetsova or chakvetadze could also sneak onto AA).

tennisace
08-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm just glad I don't have tkts for opening night session. Bleugh.

adee-gee
08-26-2007, 08:18 PM

Serena has won all 4 slams. Serena > Roger.

And how long do you expect Federer-Jenkins to last? :lol:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Besides, given how bloody awful both Venus and Serena can be in the early rounds of slams, assuming everyone will be home and in bed by 10 is a little ambitious - it could go past midnight if they both end up in 3 set nerve-fests...

Jaap
08-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Women tennis sucks and both the Williams sisters are slags....and who the fuck cares about some cow that won the Us open half a century ago? :zzz:

Hopefully both lose and have to retire from tennis in utter embarassment.

Loftra
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I wish one day all sporting activities would be free of the political agenda...

:worship:

Loftra
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Besides, given how bloody awful both Venus and Serena can be in the early rounds of slams, assuming everyone will be home and in bed by 10 is a little ambitious - it could go past midnight if they both end up in 3 set nerve-fests...

Europeans are lucky this will be in the middle of the night for them, so they (we) won't be missing anything while sleeping.

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Women tennis sucks and both the Williams sisters are slags....and who the fuck cares about some cow that won the Us open half a century ago? :zzz:

Hopefully both lose and have to retire from tennis in utter embarassment.

Talk about a classy post :yeah: :retard:

tennisgal_001
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Serena has won all 4 slams. Serena > Roger.

And how long do you expect Federer-Jenkins to last? :lol:

As long as the Williams matches...combined!

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 08:42 PM
There's nothing wrong with racial diversity and world peace is there? Are they not laudable goals? Am I missing something here?

Yes, you certainly are if you don't realize that United States corporations are milking your utopian ideals to make millions.

Nobody is denying there are still social problems in America with the poor, which are lopsidedly (but by no means totally) black communities. But you know, in this world, if we waited until every single problem everywhere was solved before we commemorated something - if doing so was invalidated by the fact there are still issues - then nothing anywhere would ever get commemorated ever.

Americans can comemorate all they want. But instead of drawing a pretty picture, they should establish dialogue. But pretty pictures charm the crowd.

Rogiman
08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
The crowd is guaranteed an Error-Festival and loads of brainless ballbashing.

I guess this will be the one night at the Open when the outer-courts tickets will be running out faster than the AA tickets (giving the americans the benefit of the doubt).

guga2120
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
That does suck, i bet the people that got night tickets are pissed b/c they don't get to see Roger.

Jaap
08-26-2007, 08:52 PM
The Civil rights movement is so 1900s. :zzz:

They got what they want, now they can move on and remove the chip off their shoulders. :rolleyes:

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
The Civil rights movement is so 1900s. :zzz:

They got what they want, now they can move on and remove the chip off their shoulders. :rolleyes:

No, no. You're thinking of the French. Or maybe the Aussies. We all know how tempermental they are. Those mates should remove the chip at once.

MCL
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Now I can move on and remove the chip off my shoulders.

:yeah: sounds like a plan to me

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
:yeah: sounds like a plan to me

If Mardy Fish ever opens a restaurant & bar he should call it Mardy's Fish & Chips.

Tennis Fool
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
This is not like the first time they've scheduled all women on AA. I went to AA stadium for the first time in 2003 (made worse by the AA stadium wind tunnel design), a cold and windy Saturday night, nosebleed seats and had to sit through Hingis & Capriati beatdowns, and then a Spice Girl match. These were not intriguing matches and I felt that at $70, I'd been kinda ripped off.

Never bought AA stadium tix again.

CyBorg
08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
:topic:

:secret: It sounds like a mob front for an underground gambling/strip club. Who doesn't like Fish with chips? :angel: :p

In that case, let's just go with Mardy's Titties & Beer.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
But when is it not? With people spouting racist/homophobic shit at sporting events and on sports messages boards, with fans of different nations/regions/factions getting into fights with each other, and with politics influencing everything from which players get marketed better to which players fans prefer?

If it's "PC" to acknowledge and give tribute to a woman who achieved something at a time when political/societal forces were such that it was very unlikely she do so, then so be it, I'll support something PC. :shrug: As anyone who knows me well knows I'm not a fan of the Williams, but so what? Nice tribute, end of story. It'll be nice if they have a large representation of American players there - white, and non-white, including people of color who aren't Afraican-American, like Kevin Kim and Vania King.

Everything about sports is political - even the message that it's perfectly acceptable to turn off your brain for a while, stop caring about injustices in the world, and waste your time staring at a sporting event. People only seem to cry "PC!" or "political!" when they don't agree with the message in question - for example, it's not political to air commercials urging you to consume products, but it is political to urge you to boycott a specific product on the market, and so on.
Hear fucking hear.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 09:27 PM
That's because you'd rather watch women's tennis anyway.

No surprise from a WTAlover/top player bandwagoner.

Make a tribute to someone who played tennis, not that sub-par version of tennis played by women.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
No surprise from a WTAlover/top player bandwagoner.

Make a tribute to someone who played tennis, not that sub-par version of tennis played by women.
I'm surprised it took nearly 90 posts for you to stick your predictable, tedious oar in...

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm surprised it took nearly 90 posts for you to stick your predictable, tedious oar in...

Contrary to you I have a life, so I couldn't login before.

I, on the other hand, am not surprised you and your top-player bandwagoners/WTAcrap-lovers started with the usual agenda in every post regarding WTA in MTF.

Tennis Fool
08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Scoobs and Blaze, I have no clue why you reply to some of these posters. A good five of them in this thread I have on ignore.

I have to say that when I went to the US Open last year, I saw some very high-quality women's matches in the 3rd round, so I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

Regarding PC--it's such a sad thing that the original meaning of this word has become lost and now means "anything not pertaining to a WASP straight man's interest."

Beforehand
That's what I thought when I first saw he had the newest post. :o

Jaap

Exactly.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Scoobs and Blaze, I have no clue why you reply to some of these posters. A good five of them in this thread I have on ignore.

I have to say that when I went to the US Open last year, I saw some very high-quality women's matches in the 3rd round, so I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

Regarding PC--it's such a sad thing that the original meaning of this word has become lost and now means "anything not pertaining to a WASP straight man's interest."
Can't spell correctness without "correct"! :yeah:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Exactly.
To save me from reading your other posts in this forum, are you a gimmick poster, because I kind of get that from you?

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Women's tennis is second rate and hopeless in quality. I'm glad Sky are only contracted to show the men.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM

Oh it keeps them happy to throw the odd bone from time to time.

I don't let them worry me, though.

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Exactly.

Which match did Gabashvilii fix?

Jaap
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM
To save me from reading your other posts in this forum, are you a gimmick poster, because I kind of get that from you?

What is a gimmick poster? :confused:

Jaap
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Which match did Gabashvilii fix?

Vs Montanes in New Haven.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh it keeps them happy to throw the odd bone from time to time.

I don't let them worry me, though.

Yeah right, that's why you take Djokovic out of your signature right after I make the call on your bandwagoning of top players. :haha:

MCL
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
In that case, let's just go with Mardy's :ignore: & Beer.

:tape:

ReturnWinner
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Do Women play tennis? :sad: :confused:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
What is a gimmick poster? :confused:
Nevermind. You've just confirmed my worst fears.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah right, that's why you take Djokovic out of your signature right after I make the call on your bandwagoning of top players. :haha:
What would it really matter if he just decided right now that his favorites are, in this order: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Davydenko, Roddick, and Blake?

t0x
08-26-2007, 09:45 PM
A nice idea for a tribute.

However the tennis itself is almost certainly going to suck.

But it's a nice thought at least...

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Do Women play tennis? :sad: :confused:

:haha: .. That is bad but .. Oh MAN..

:rolls:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
It was causing formatting problems - thanks for the concern though :angel:

Frank will be so pleased that you jumped on his bandwagon he's gained you as a supporter :)

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM

Frank will be so pleased that you jumped on his bandwagon he's gained you as a supporter :)
I guess for fairness' sake:

What would it matter if his favorite players were Darcis, Dancevic, and Isner, as of right now?

EDIT: STOP REFORMMATING THAT POST! :mad:

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I guess for fairness' sake:

What would it matter if his favorite players were Darcis, Dancevic, and Isner, as of right now?

EDIT: STOP REFORMMATING THAT POST! :mad:

A Glenn|Scoobs mediator?? :eek:

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
What would it really matter if he just decided right now that his favorites are, in this order: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Davydenko, Roddick, and Blake?

None of these players have anything in common tennis-wise. If you like them all you're either a fanboy or a bandwagoner. :)

Definitely, I bandwagoned him since he lost to Mello here in the Davis Cup. I'm so ashamed!!! :o :o :o :o

DrJules
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM

Are only black spectators going to be allowed to buy tickets.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beforehand
My choice were this or suicide.

Tough decision, but...

:p. I'm only doing it because :hearts: Chris and :hearts: Gustavo. I'm like the girl in school who starts crying when other people fight.

Beforehand
None of these players have anything in common tennis-wise. If you like them all you're either a fanboy or a bandwagoner. :)
OK, so what?

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Are only black spectators going to be allowed to buy tickets.:lol: :lol: :lol:
The tickets are black, with black writing.

I'm thinking of just taking a piece of construction paper.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
OK, so what?

I therefore have the right to make the call on the top-player bandwagoning, as calling a WTA-lover fanboy won't make any effect, that's probably a compliment for someone like that.

Jaap
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
The tickets are black, with black writing.

I'm thinking of just taking a piece of construction paper.

Will we be able to see anything if everything is black, with this being a night session? :confused:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I guess I just don't see why it matter if someone IS a bandwagoner, but that's probably just because I'm a Federer fan LOL #1.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM

Maybe some people can appreciate a variety of styles and personalities and judge and appreciate them on their own respective merits.

I mean, if I were a bandwagoner I would have removed Gonzalez by now since he stalled ages ago, as did Olivier Rochus, and I wouldn't have continued to support Murray through out his injury-plagued spring and summer.

But, hey, whatever. I'm not as narrow-minded or stuck in fixed ideas as you are. I'm open to new things. You should try it sometime, though you might find the vista a little scary.

Tutu
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
The crowd is guaranteed an Error-Festival and loads of brainless ballbashing.

I guess this will be the one night at the Open when the outer-courts tickets will be running out faster than the AA tickets (giving the americans the benefit of the doubt).

:o :rolleyes:

Women's tennis is second rate and hopeless in quality. I'm glad Sky are only contracted to show the men.

no, eurosport is better.

Whats with all the womens tennis hatred over here? Yes they are only doing this for better ratings but tough. If the top mens tennis players were getting as many ratings as the williams sisters, then it would be the men playing tomorrow night. Tough. Until mens tennis shows the world some personality instead of becoming a borefest after 2 sets, you're just going to have to live with the fact that the williams sisters and sharapova will always draw a bigger crowd than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic (:yawn:) Sure the tennis on the mens side is better (mostly due to the fact that everyone hits with heavy spin and women just don't have the bodies to do that) but the womens matches are always entertaining and all the top players are putting on a show. Some of you are in denial and it's painful to watch :help::wavey:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM

no, eurosport is better.

Whats with all the womens tennis hatred over here? Yes they are only doing this for better ratings but tough. If the top mens tennis players were getting as many ratings as the williams sisters, then it would be the men playing tomorrow night. Tough. Until mens tennis shows the world some personality instead of becoming a borefest after 2 sets, you're just going to have to live with the fact that the williams sisters and sharapova will always draw a bigger crowd than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic (:yawn:) Sure the tennis on the mens side is better (mostly due to the fact that everyone hits with heavy spin and women just don't have the bodies to do that) but the womens matches are always entertaining and all the top players are putting on a show. Some of you are in denial and it's painful to watch :help::wavey:
Some of them are pure mysogynists - don't worry about it.

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Scoobsuk is well and truly fighting now. Glenns ability to plant tantalising bate is VERY impressive.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Scoobsuk is well and truly fighting now. Glenns ability to plant tantalising bate is VERY impressive.

Go on, now. Shoo!

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Fighting? This? Oh dear me, no. I don't want to shame him, after all.

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM

no, eurosport is better.

This is an OPINION... and fair enough.

I disagree, like I stated earlier, I find it hard to get into womens matches until the latter stages of a Slam. :) I have nothing against women, I admire very many and get on with a fair few... :p

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:04 PM

How merciful of you... :speakles:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
How merciful of you... :speakles:
I know - I'm too magnanimous sometimes.

He is kinda hot, though, in spite of his dinosaur ideas :)

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
If you're impressed by trolls.
The three billy goats gruff were. :angel:

Jaap
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM

) but the womens matches are always entertaining and all the top players are putting on a show.

:spit:

Henry Chinaski
08-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I find aesthetic value in every part of her game, I love watching her period.

yeah Justine's game is nice to watch and all but that's just fucking sick dude

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
If you're impressed by trolls.

A Trolls success is defined by the responses they get! They lure even the most intelligent posters in.. of course this doesn't mean they have WON necessarily. :D

Scoobs.. your response to my previous post was hilarious! :rolls:

cobalt60
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Somedays I just adore the Y chromosome :hearts:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
A Trolls success is defined by the responses they get! They lure even the most intelligent posters in.. of course this doesn't mean they have WON necessarily. :D

Scoobs.. your response to my previous post was hilarious! :rolls:
Sometimes it's funny to spend a bit of time in the playground with the little kids, you know, play on the swings for a bit - don't forget that :angel:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:12 PM

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe some people can appreciate a variety of styles and personalities and judge and appreciate them on their own respective merits.

I mean, if I were a bandwagoner I would have removed Gonzalez by now since he stalled ages ago, as did Olivier Rochus, and I wouldn't have continued to support Murray through out his injury-plagued spring and summer.

But, hey, whatever. I'm not as narrow-minded or stuck in fixed ideas as you are. I'm open to new things. You should try it sometime, though you might find the vista a little scary.

:rolleyes: you throw in 2-3 examples and expect anyone to buy it?
First, do you think someone buys this "I can appreciate personalities" stuff? Following this awesome logic, you should like ALL players. I guess you do, in fact. As long as they break the top 20. :haha:

Denial is thinking women play tennis nowadays. lol:

Funny a man calling someone mysogynist. :lol:

Shame me? :haha:

I know - I'm too magnanimous sometimes.

He is kinda hot, though, in spite of his dinosaur ideas :)

You have quite a superiority complex. I don't think hiding behind your pose is gonna make anyone believe a WTA-lover is actually someone intelligent. :)

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Rubbish. Ok I'm misogynist towards a certain age group of women, but it's a British thing.

The bottom line is the only good tennis in WTA slams is in the later rounds when Hingis plays Henin or two shotmakers play, or a Williams plays Hingis/Henin. I must admit I quite like Alize Cornet though :)

Screamapova is the worst, she is a ballbashing doll with a dickhead father and poor all round gamesmanship, I wouldn't feel sorry for a cow like her if she got injured, though I wouldn't laugh.

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Screamapova is the worst, she is a ballbashing doll with a dickhead father and poor all round gamesmanship, I wouldn't feel sorry for a cow like her if she got injured, though I wouldn't laugh.

YEEEEEES :worship:

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:15 PM

:kiss: ;)

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Funny a man calling someone mysogynist. :lol:

You have quite a superiority complex. I don't think hiding behind your pose is gonna make anyone believe a WTA-lover is actually someone intelligent. :)

1. Men can call people misogynist. It's not something only women have a radar for.

2. He called you hot, man! You've got to learn when to take the the victories you get.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Rubbish. Ok I'm misogynist towards a certain age group of women, but it's a British thing.

The bottom line is the only good tennis in WTA slams is in the later rounds when Hingis plays Henin or two shotmakers play, or a Williams plays Hingis/Henin. I must admit I quite like Alize Cornet though :)

I'm British but I'm not mysogynistic to any age group of women so that first statement is bollocks for a start.

As for your assessment of womens tennis, I mostly agree with that - certain players are worth watching but generally it's the later rounds of slams that provide the best entertainment. I don't dismiss it out of hand though.

Tennis Fool
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
A Trolls success is defined by the responses they get!
Which is why the IGNORE function is genius. You stop reading garbage and the intelligence of MTF suddenly rises by bounds.

scoobs
:rolleyes: you throw in 2-3 examples and expect anyone to buy it?

I don't consider you judge and jury so what you think doesn't really worry me any.

You have quite a superiority complex.

Over you it wouldn't be difficult.

rocketassist
I'm British but I'm not mysogynistic to any age group of women so that first statement is bollocks for a start.

As for your assessment of womens tennis, I mostly agree with that - certain players are worth watching but generally it's the later rounds of slams that provide the best entertainment. I don't dismiss it out of hand though.

No I mean misogynist towards a certain age group of BRITISH women, not that British men were generally misogynists.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
1. Men can call people misogynist. It's not something only women have a radar for.

2. He called you hot, man! You've got to learn when to take the the victories you get.

No. I don't accept men calling me misogynist. If a woman's gonna tell me that, based on something credible, I'll see what's going on.

Sorry, but it's not like I'm not used to that. ;)

cobalt60
08-26-2007, 10:20 PM

:kiss: ;)

But I am so glad that I am all X. Carry on gentleman:p

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
No I mean misogynist towards a certain age group of BRITISH women
Nope, still not following this...

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
No. I don't accept men calling me misogynist. If a woman's gonna tell me that, based on something credible, I'll see what's going on.

Nobody cares whether you accept who and what people call you or not :)

You are hot though - I hate that. :angel:

cobalt60
No I mean misogynist towards a certain age group of BRITISH women, not that British men were generally misogynists.

Huh? Why would anyone want to be a misogynist?

Johnny Groove
But I am so glad that I am all X. Carry on gentleman:p

Doc Sue wished she had a Y chromosome, if only for a day, to see what its like ;)

GlennMirnyi
Over you it wouldn't be difficult.

I doubt someone who believes in a "tennis trilogy" can actually be taken seriously. :haha:

Why don't you go on, mr. superior? Show me what you've got.

I can give you an idea: do like Tennis Fool. Add me on messenger and then threaten me there. :D :D :D

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Nope, still not following this...

I dislike a certain age group of women because of general attitude, lack of maturity, arrogance etc. However this is only for BRITISH women, because foreign women are friendlier, more mature, humble and sweet compared to the drunken, loutish, arrogant slapper scum we have here (16-19 year olds)

get it, panda bear?

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Doc Sue wished she had a Y chromosome, if only for a day, to see what its like ;)

You mean an Y, right?

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Frankly, some of Ys on this board could use a case of Turner's syndrome. :o

It's not anyone wanna become you.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM

:rolls: I guess I can't argue with just blatantly refusing to accept something.

That's what I hear. Whenever I get unlazy, I plan to go see what all of the fuss is about.

rocketassist
I doubt someone who believes in a "tennis trilogy" can actually be taken seriously. :haha:

I can give you an idea: do like Tennis Fool. Add me on messenger and then threaten me there. :D :D :D

Tennis Fool has me on ignore just because I said Safin truba should retire :haha:

cobalt60
I would rather treat myself :o No joking. I am what I am;)

LMFAO and that's not nice you :p

scoobs

Threaten you? With what? There's nothing I can do for you, unfortunately - I only wish there was...

And the word is TRINITY. T-R-I-N-I-T-Y. Close...

I imagine you doubt a lot of things - again, it's really not my concern.

You can't handle what I got...be thankful all I do with you is play nice for a bit of distraction. :)

Johnny Groove
You mean an Y, right?

Yeah, i screwed up, but i edited quickly

Beforehand
Well, aren't you friendly?

Fee
08-26-2007, 10:26 PM

So does that mean only women can use the term 'bitch' and only men can call each other 'dick'. Only murders can accuse other murderers? Only ass clowns can vote in the ass clown tournament? Only Rafatards can call each other Rafatards? Only fanboys can call each other fanboys?

Where will it end?

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I would rather treat myself :o No joking. I am what I am;)

:p :kiss:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
So does that mean only women can use the term 'bitch' and only men can call each other 'dick'. Only murders can accuse other murderers? Only ass clowns can vote in the ass clown tournament? Only Rafatards can call each other Rafatards? Only fanboys can call each other fanboys?

Where will it end?
Wherever he wants it to - he thinks its clever to try and define the rules by which people may insult him. It's an interesting ploy but it has more holes than a sieve.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Gustavo is CATTY!

scoobs
It's not anyone wanna become you.
I wanna be him - he has great skin and lots of sex with hot Americans :)

rocketassist
The Y's in here are talking sense and no XX's disagree that women's tennis is crud.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:30 PM
:rolls: I guess I can't argue with just blatantly refusing to accept something.

That's what I hear. Whenever I get unlazy, I plan to go see what all of the fuss is about.

There are stuff you simply can't tolerate.

Tennis Fool has me on ignore just because I said Safin truba should retire :haha:

No surprise there. :lol:

Threaten you? With what? There's nothing I can do for you, unfortunately - I only wish there was...

And the word is TRINITY. T-R-I-N-I-T-Y. Close...

I imagine you doubt a lot of things - again, it's really not my concern.

You can't handle what I got...be thankful all I do with you is play nice for a bit of distraction. :)

I care as much about your trinity as I care about that bullshit called WTA - that you love. :D

:haha: funny you keep going on with the pose. Then you go to the perv thread to talk about me for hours and ask your friends to help. :haha:

Fee
:spit: Why, well start Feña to you too.

:spit: :spit: :spit:

:haha:

Grinder
Disliking WTA doesn't make one a misogynist. :lol:

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
This is a great troll fest thread. :D

Not the best, nor one of the best, but suitable.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I care as much about your trinity as I care about that bullshit called WTA - that you love. :D

:haha: funny you keep going on with the pose. Then you go to the perv thread to talk about me for hours and ask your friends to help. :haha:

Yeah I'm really struggling to cope with you that I need assistance. Maybe they just like the chance to take a few lumps out of you while I run a few rings around you :)

Fee
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Blaze, gives us the laws at work here please, just for fun. :lol:

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Blaze, gives us the laws at work here please, just for fun. :lol:

:lol:

Okay, i'll go check :lol:

Beforehand
This is a great troll fest thread. :D

Not the best, nor one of the best, but suitable.

A solid "Meh".

GlennMirnyi

Where will it end?

No, I never said it's a rule. Don't come up with that. I said I don't accept that special case. Men have never gone through a day as women to know what's it about. Funny you can't get that.

Disliking WTA doesn't make one a misogynist. :lol:

Tell that to all the "holier than thou" people here.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah I'm really struggling to cope with you that I need assistance. Maybe they just like the chance to take a few lumps out of you while I run a few rings around you :)

Stop crying at the perv thread. :lol:

You know why I take it easy on you, right? You should be glad you're a friend of her.

Fee
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
No, I never said it's a rule. Don't come up with that. I said I don't accept that special case. Men have never gone through a day as women to know what's it about. Funny you can't get that.

Oh sweetie, I get that. Believe me, I get that. But whether or not a man can understand the truth of my experience as a woman does not detract from that man's ability to identify the misogynistic behavior of another man when he sees it.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:37 PM

How dare you insult post-op transsexuals in such a cavalier way...

All those fellow Brazilians you just upset...

Tell that to all the "holier than thou" people here.

I'm listening - go on, educate me - let's see what you know about women.

Johnny Groove
OK, we've got:

1. Making sense is optional

11. You do not talk about the WTA in a positive light

12. Just because a thread begins as “A” topic, doesn’t mean it cant translate to “B”, “C”, and “D” topic. Also, most topics turn to slash and/or sex after the unimportant things have been discussed. I.E. tennis.

14. If you make a post, expect to be criticized, flamed, and degraded by someone else by use of personal insults. Also, threads based on a quote from an idiot tennis figure head MUST be flamed to no end. Also, going off on off-topic tangents, namecalling, and use of the smily are good ways of showing that you have run out of bullshit to spew, and have lost the argument.

15. EVERYTHING gets blown out of proportion. An example is whenever a player gives an interview or says some little Mickey Mouse controversial comment, expect someone to say something about speaking OUT LOUD. And any quote made by a player disliked by any particular poster can, will and must be taken out of context as a means of bashing the player in question. This will result in pages of arguments where half the posters have actually read or listened to the particular quote and the other half are making assumptions. (Stebs' Addendum)

18. Double standards, stereotypes, and generalizations are a must, as well as fan fickleness.

19. Signatures must contain either a quirky tid bit of wisdom or a laundry list of the players you support. Quotes from random movies, TV shows, or other posters are a plus. Of course 10,000 smilies are firmly required, as is a cheap shot to one or more posters.

20. MTF is a perpetual cyclone of the exact same ideas and thoughts and can be discussed ad nauseum and yet no one ever gets bored or leaves

23. Useless threads, random stupdity, and smily overuse is mandatory

24. Good ways to earn vcash are creating threads that are either a quote from a person calling someone else out, a thread meant for bashing someone, threads proclaiming yourself to be the next federer when in fact, you eat bagels all day, or, more specifically, a thread that calls out Federer's dominance; each of these will elicit tons of posters from both sides of the issue, with flamewars, namecalling, and hilarity to ensue, while the thread creator swims in vriches

30. This forum is not a REAL mens tennis forum without a whole horde of separate threads discussing such earth-shattering topic as who's dick is the biggest, who has the best ass, best bulge, or who is the hooooooooteeetesssstttt! threads. And of course, numerous threads dissolving into slash and perv topics, with the , , , etc. smileys being used.

31. In order for one to be recognized as a troll, at least 50% one's posts must be considered some form of funny. The other 50 can be a combination of brown-nosing, bullshitting, posting pure crap, starting (or attempting to start) flamewars, or basically some other stupid act.

34. Whenever a young player loses they must immediately be deemed as "overhyped." If possible, while deriding said player bring Donald Young into the mix. In addition if anyone is a fan of a young player they are a) bandwagon jumpers b) teenyboppers or c) (if they are over 30) creepy oldster pedophiles. (Clara Bow's law)

13 of 39 Laws :lol:

cobalt60
The Y's in here are talking sense and no XX's disagree that women's tennis is crud.

This XX is smart. She rarely argues. I have no need to hear myself that way:p Generally speaking I don't care to watch women's tennis. It is more "meh" than this thread. But every so often a decent match gets played as one gets to the later rounds. And I find myself entralled watching good tennis. Hell even in the early rounds of the men's I find myself turning the tv off or getting up and out of the stadium.

Fee
:haha: Being in and living near a university helps. :tape:

It's not working for me. My skin looks the same as the day I moved here.

scoobs
Stop crying at the perv thread. :lol:

You know why I take it easy on you, right? You should be glad you're a friend of her.

Stop lurking and say hello, sweets - why pretend you look down on it when you spend all your time poking in to see what people are saying about you? :)

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
All these rules I'm breaking - I'll *never* make Moderator now!!! :sad:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:39 PM

:spit:

Jaap
08-26-2007, 10:40 PM
OK, we've got:

1. Making sense is optional

11. You do not talk about the WTA in a positive light

12. Just because a thread begins as “A” topic, doesn’t mean it cant translate to “B”, “C”, and “D” topic. Also, most topics turn to slash and/or sex after the unimportant things have been discussed. I.E. tennis.

14. If you make a post, expect to be criticized, flamed, and degraded by someone else by use of personal insults. Also, threads based on a quote from an idiot tennis figure head MUST be flamed to no end. Also, going off on off-topic tangents, namecalling, and use of the smily are good ways of showing that you have run out of bullshit to spew, and have lost the argument.

15. EVERYTHING gets blown out of proportion. An example is whenever a player gives an interview or says some little Mickey Mouse controversial comment, expect someone to say something about speaking OUT LOUD. And any quote made by a player disliked by any particular poster can, will and must be taken out of context as a means of bashing the player in question. This will result in pages of arguments where half the posters have actually read or listened to the particular quote and the other half are making assumptions. (Stebs' Addendum)

18. Double standards, stereotypes, and generalizations are a must, as well as fan fickleness.

19. Signatures must contain either a quirky tid bit of wisdom or a laundry list of the players you support. Quotes from random movies, TV shows, or other posters are a plus. Of course 10,000 smilies are firmly required, as is a cheap shot to one or more posters.

20. MTF is a perpetual cyclone of the exact same ideas and thoughts and can be discussed ad nauseum and yet no one ever gets bored or leaves

23. Useless threads, random stupdity, and smily overuse is mandatory

24. Good ways to earn vcash are creating threads that are either a quote from a person calling someone else out, a thread meant for bashing someone, threads proclaiming yourself to be the next federer when in fact, you eat bagels all day, or, more specifically, a thread that calls out Federer's dominance; each of these will elicit tons of posters from both sides of the issue, with flamewars, namecalling, and hilarity to ensue, while the thread creator swims in vriches

30. This forum is not a REAL mens tennis forum without a whole horde of separate threads discussing such earth-shattering topic as who's dick is the biggest, who has the best ass, best bulge, or who is the hooooooooteeetesssstttt! threads. And of course, numerous threads dissolving into slash and perv topics, with the , , , etc. smileys being used.

31. In order for one to be recognized as a troll, at least 50% one's posts must be considered some form of funny. The other 50 can be a combination of brown-nosing, bullshitting, posting pure crap, starting (or attempting to start) flamewars, or basically some other stupid act.

34. Whenever a young player loses they must immediately be deemed as "overhyped." If possible, while deriding said player bring Donald Young into the mix. In addition if anyone is a fan of a young player they are a) bandwagon jumpers b) teenyboppers or c) (if they are over 30) creepy oldster pedophiles. (Clara Bow's law)

13 of 39 Laws :lol:

Brilliant! :zzz:

Beforehand
Who's Gustavo's special perv friend that's saving everyone from harm?

Johnny Groove

Sofya

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
All these rules I'm breaking - I'll *never* make Moderator now!!! :sad:

Is the :sad: smiley because you have been beaten in the debate?

I'd say so.

Hating WTA isn't misogyny and that's all there is to it.

GlennMirnyi
Oh sweetie, I get that. Believe me, I get that. But whether or not a man can understand the truth of my experience as a woman does not detract from that man's ability to identify the misogynistic behavior of another man when he sees it.

Of course it does. Saying WTA sucks is as far as being as misogyny as saying Monfils' suck is racism.

I'm listening - go on, educate me - let's see what you know about women.

So now you're trying to stab my national pride? You've got the wrong person about it. :lol:

Well, actually having many women around 24-7 definitely makes me know a lot more about them than you.

scoobs
I don't know - but I'm really really really really grateful....otherwise Glenn might...SAY things to me... :o

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Sofya
:hearts: Sof

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM

I'd say so.

This is a debate?

Goodness - I didn't see my light come on to tell me to stop speaking and let the other side have a turn :rolleyes:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't know - but I'm really really really really grateful....otherwise Glenn might...SAY things to me... :o
That's what he makes it seem like. I can picture Sofya as the woman in a medieval story, standing in front of her man while the villain is going to kill him.

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
To me this contest seems quite even... :shrug:

If it goes to the scorecards I wouldn't care to call it...

:boxing:

And it is a great right hook from Glenn... he trys to follow up with a left uppercut.. PARRIED AND COUNTERED by Scoobs with a crisp right hand lead!

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Stop lurking and say hello, sweets - why pretend you look down on it when you spend all your time poking in to see what people are saying about you? :)

I've been told that so many times, but it's not like I wanna reply to your "brilliant" posts. :)

Brilliant! :zzz:

Sofya

You just blew it you know? :lol:

I'd say so.

Caveman! How dare you say that!

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
This is a debate?

Goodness - I didn't see my light come on to tell me to stop speaking and let the other side have a turn :rolleyes:

You lost, get over it. I'm not a misogynist (although I don't like a certain age group) and I don't like WTA. People in here don't like WTA but they're not misogynists.

For slagging us WTA hatas off you could be a misandrist.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I've been told that so many times, but it's not like I wanna reply to your "brilliant" posts. :)

Oh - only out here you want to keep doing that :angel:

GlennMirnyi
That's what he makes it seem like. I can picture Sofya as the woman in a medieval story, standing in front of her man while the villain is going to kill him.

Not quite.

Whoever said it was? The original point was that there are quite a few here who ARE misogynist in their attitudes towards women and women's tennis; not that a hate for women's tennis is equivalent to misogyny.

:bs:

Point names if you're brave.

David Pics Ferrer to you.

rocketassist
Caveman! How dare you say that!

Aspiring 'moderator' scoobs might complain to his future colleagues for putting him in his place. :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Wait, are we not supposed to know it's Sofya? I'm SO confused.

GlennMirnyi
Oh - only out here you want to keep doing that :angel:

Exactly, so I can expose your "pose" better. :)

scoobs
You lost, get over it. I'm not a misogynist (although I don't like a certain age group) and I don't like WTA. People in here don't like WTA but they're not misogynists.

For slagging us WTA hatas off you could be a misandrist.
If you can quote me where I said hating the WTA = mysogyny - DIRECT QUOTE please - then I'll concede this "debate" (the Oxford Union would be mortified at the use of the term here but whatever)

But you can't, so I won't - because I never said that - people want to put their own spin on things I didn't say so they can look clever trying to knock them down. :)

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Is this the end for Scoobs? That was a CRUSHING right hook... will he rise from the canvas?

That was just.. BRUTAL...

Beforehand
Not quite.
Shaddup, and let me keep my fantasies.

scoobs
Exactly, so I can expose your "pose" better. :)
Well I'm sure you'll get somewhere if you persevere - maybe. You might need to try harder though....

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Scoobs is back on his feet...! :silly: ..... :mad: :boxing:

rocketassist

Here. No one has said they hated females in here, just women's tennis. You're taking the opinions overboard.

scoobs
Is this the end for Scoobs? That was a CRUSHING right hook... will he rise from the canvas?

That was just.. BRUTAL...

Was I knocked down? Did I miss something? Looks like Glenn's called in his reinforcements though - it's just a shame the standard of attack hasn't risen any.

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Aspiring 'moderator' scoobs might complain to his future colleagues for putting him in his place. :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Aren't you ashamed you ruined his chances of being even more stuck-up against us poor stupid misogynists? :sad:

Jaap
GSM Rocketassist and Glenn Mirnyi

scoobs
Here. No one has said they hated females in here, just women's tennis. You're taking the opinions overboard.
Some of them are pure mysogynists.

You'll note that I didn't say "hating WTA = mysogynistic."

Did I.

No.

Thanks for playing though :wavey:

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Aren't you ashamed you ruined his chances of being even more stuck-up against us poor stupid misogynists? :sad:

I might be banned for misogyny if he gets a super-mod job :o

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I'm not reading over the last 200 posts to see count all the people, including myself, who never said, "If you hate women's tennis, you're a misogynist." I'm not wasting my time because a few people in this thread didn't read properly to begin with.
It's funny though, watching them think they're on to something, isn't it? They get all excited...

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Nah - Glenn needs his fan club or he throws his toys out of the pram...

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Jaap. Stop breathing.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Is this really the best they can do?

Honestly.

Next time come with something better than that please...

rocketassist
Some of them are pure mysogynists.

You'll note that I didn't say "hating WTA = mysogynistic."

Did I.

No.

Thanks for playing though :wavey:

Go on, name names. Who's a misogynist from the beginning of the thread to the accusation that some are?

Beforehand
This is one of the more rapid descents in discourse I've seen here in the last couple pages.

Tutu
08-26-2007, 10:56 PM

:retard:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Go on, name names. Who's a misogynist from the beginning of the thread to the accusation that some are?
What makes you think it's limited to purely this thread? I could go to the trouble of pulling out numerous comments disparaging to women from some of the usual suspects on this thread and others who aren't posting here at the moment, but it would be a waste of my time. I stand by my opinion and nothing I've seen so far has challenged it. If it does, then I'll be happy to correct. Now, you take care won't you.

rocketassist
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
They are inferior in ability tennis-wise though, the ATP is stronger, players play more sets and the quality of tennis is far higher.

That isn't misogyny, it's the 'kin TRUTH!

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Alright.

**taps out**

Whoever's side I'm not on, if I've picked one, wins.

scoobs
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I win, beforehand.

Once again, I leave the field of battle victorious :angel:

It was a brave, but ultimately futile effort from the opposition :)

rocketassist
What makes you think it's limited to purely this thread? I could go to the trouble of pulling out numerous comments disparaging to women from some of the usual suspects on this thread and others who aren't posting here at the moment, but it would be a waste of my time. I stand by my opinion and nothing I've seen so far has challenged it. If it does, then I'll be happy to correct. Now, you take care won't you.

Well you're accusing posters in here from the beginning to that accusation of being misogynists. I don't see anything anti-female in any posts from WTA haters in this thread.

Jaap
Jaap. Stop breathing.

Beforehand is Seething

Bad Religion
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Good decision USTA :yeah:

I prefer 100000 times a Serena´s match before watching that idiot Flake or Andy Suckdick trying to play tennis

Johnny Groove
You just blew it you know? :lol:

Mate, we all know its Sofya, its not a mystery :lol:

Beforehand
Beforehand is Seething

I'm sorry, but that was probably the best thing ever. I can't even be mad at you anymore.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM

Was it supposed to be a secret?

scoobs
Was it supposed to be a secret, or something? :lol:

Jaap

I'm sorry, but that was probably the best thing ever. I can't even be mad at you anymore.

Fuming

Beforehand
:worship: Chris' victory.

EDIT: Jinx. :p

MatchFederer
Misogyny is only in its narrowest of definitions described as being "hate for women"; misogyny also refers to thinking that women are inferior as people or inferior in ability. And the text you quoted says "some" - not "all" - of the people on this board are misogynists when it comes to women and women's tennis, which is completely true.

People need to learn to read.

But women are inferior in ability in certain ways just as men are, general gender differences... physical, emotional .. yada yada. I am being pedantic though, I get what you are saying. :p

Johnny Groove
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Was it supposed to be a secret?

Was it supposed to be a secret, or something? :lol:

Jaap
08-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Women are inferior in all aspects to men. The only place they are good for is the bedroom and kitchen. ;)

Beforehand
Fuming
Oh, I thought you were rhyming. IF you're serious, I take it back.

Beforehand
:o My question was serious, though.

I don't understand why it was a secret.

cobalt60
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
But women are inferior in ability in certain ways just as men are, general gender differences... physical, emotional .. yada yada. I am being pedantic though, I get what you are saying. :p

Except me of course. I am perfect :angel:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Women are inferior in all aspects to men. The only place they are good for is the bedroom and kitchen. ;)
Being gay, I'd say that about men, but that would condemn me to being a sex slave at the beck and call of some other man...

Oh, wait.... :scratch:

cobalt60
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM

Come here you sweet thing :kiss:

MatchFederer
08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Except me of course. I am perfect :angel:

:ras: ... :D

rocketassist

They make me laugh, they really do, especially the footballers' wives who get their husband to go to a rubbish club if the shopping centres round it are nice instead of a big team like Sunderland where they can't shop at Harrods or Harvey Nicks :haha:

Jaap
Being gay, I'd say that about men, but that would condemn me to being a sex slave at the beck and call of some other man...

Oh, wait.... :scratch:

:help:

Fee
Saying WTA sucks is as far as being as misogyny as saying Monfils' suck is racism.

Perhaps the accusation of misogyny leveled against some members of this forum has to do with the overall scope of their posts and not their opinions on the WTA. That might include some of your posts (but I'm not familiar enough with your posting history to draw that conclusion, so please note my use of the word 'might').

:worship: Chris' victory.

I'll agree with you. The fact that words were put into his mouth that he clearly did not say gives him all the points from the start. :)

Beforehand
I like Cobalt. She should be my friend.

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
LOLz boys duz bois.

Jaap
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
They make me laugh, they really do, especially the footballers' wives who get their husband to go to a rubbish club if the shopping centres round it are nice instead of a big team like Sunderland where they can't shop at Harrods or Harvey Nicks :haha:

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Was I knocked down? Did I miss something? Looks like Glenn's called in his reinforcements though - it's just a shame the standard of attack hasn't risen any.

Called who? If calling reinforcements = going to eat something then yeah I did.

GSM Rocketassist and Glenn Mirnyi

Too easy. Call Bilbo's granny.

You SHOULD!

Misogyny is only in its narrowest of definitions described as being "hate for women"; misogyny also refers to thinking that women are inferior as people or inferior in ability. And the text you quoted says "some" - not "all" - of the people on this board are misogynists when it comes to women and women's tennis, which is completely true.

People need to learn to read.

So if I think Monfils has less talent than Federer I'm a racist? :o Damn me!

:retard:

Learn how to use the "preview" signature feature before calling someone retarded. :haha:

scoobs
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Nope, no help needed here. Except maybe from some hunk of beefcake man who can check my guttering.

;)

scoobs
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Called who? If calling reinforcements = going to eat something then yeah I did.

Too easy. Call Bilbo's granny.

You SHOULD!

So if I think Monfils has less talent than Federer I'm a racist? :o Damn me!

Learn how to use the "preview" signature feature before calling someone retarded. :haha:

No, no - it's over, Glenn, and you lost. We're in the cool-down, feel-good portion of the programme now...

Tennis is back on tomorrow so you'll have to play with your lesser trollbaits for a while so sorry - but it might give you time, if used properly, to find a new angle to try against me. Good luck. :hug:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Nope, no help needed here. Except maybe from some hunk of beefcake man who can check my guttering.

;)

Or deliver the pizza. :sad:

Beforehand
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
:rolls: The cooldown.