Interesting...Germany has the most qualifiers at 5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interesting...Germany has the most qualifiers at 5

Tennis Fool
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
All of the sudden, the Germans are trying to make a rebound. I've seen this on the women's side, but interesting to note the qualifiers in the men's draw.

Rainier Schuttler
Alexander Waske
Dominik Meffert
Bjorn Phau
Philpp Petzschner

Any thoughts?

Yappa
08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing.

I am in particular happy for Petzschner, since it's the first time that he'll play in the MD of a GS tournament.

And I didn't expect Schuettler to defeat Fognini.

decrepitude
08-25-2007, 11:18 PM
The thing that I find strange is that of those five, only Petzschner could be called young, and he is about 23 I think.

That said, it is still a good achievement. I would have been happy if Great Britain had managed just one qualifier!

scoobs
08-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Great effort from the Germans

The overall results of the British effort, was, as usual, unimpressive, even if there were hopeful signs from players like Cavaday and Baker.

Neely
08-25-2007, 11:50 PM
The fact that they were quite well spread over the different sections certainly helped, too (see Kubot and Przysiezny who had to play against each other in the last round, for instance) but that's really a good overall result. At least they qualified. Most I'm impressed of course with Petzschner and Meffert. Petzschner will gain good points from this and thus maybe gets to show his ability in more (higher) tournaments. I hope to see him in some good grasscourt tournaments next year maybe :angel:

groundstroke
08-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Rainier Schuttler
Could of sworn he was in the top 20 some time ago?

Tennis Fool
08-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Rainier Schuttler
Could of sworn he was in the top 20 some time ago?

Top 5 in 2004.

canbera
08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
that's goood news. most of them ( if not all ) won't reach the 2nd round, but it's still impressive.