Federer should give Djoko more respect [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer should give Djoko more respect

Kuhne
08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
And I am a big time fan of Roger and I allways agree with what he says because he is allways honest, if he says Djoko is not that big of a worry right now and that Nadal is the one that everybody should be looking at, I believe him, however after watching the video I will post in this thread, Djokovic is so respectull of federer that now I am sad for him haha... I know it's stupid but anyways.. the video is funny check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu7OKS9fU14

Fed=ATPTourkilla
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
He has never liked Djoko. You can't even say it's because Djoko beat him, because he was describing him as a "joke" even when he'd never dropped a set against the guy.

Kuhne
08-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone have that video where Djoko is making impersonations but with the american comentators talking in the background ? cos the only one in youtube is the one with the BBC guys and I heard the american comentators reactions are much much funnier.

scoobs
08-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't agree at all.

I think respect is earned. I think Federer, though he may not like Nole, respects what he's done so far this year, but let's not get confused - Djokovic hasn't won a Grand Slam, he has not yet been in a final. I can see why, from Federer's point of view, Djokovic has not yet earned the right to be spoken of in the same breath as him and Nadal.

Remember it's up to Djokovic to prove he can take the final steps and join the big boys right at the very top. I think he can but he has to prove it by breaking the lock Federer and Nadal have had on the slams since RG 2005.

If he can do that, I think you'll find Federer has plenty of respect for Djokovic.

Also note that, while he may respect him, the indications are clear that Federer is not going to be a particular fan of Djokovic's style of play - I don't think that's something he particularly gets excited over.

If that's what Djokovic fans are waiting for - for Federer to say "I love how Djokovic plays" - then I think they'll be waiting a very long time. On that score, Federer is entitled to his own opinion.

adee-gee
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
If he can do that, I think you'll find Federer has plenty of respect for Djokovic.

Are you implying Federer is a bandwagon jumper? ;)

scoobs
08-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying ;)

(Or, more accurately, that respect for a person's game is earned based on achievement in this sport)

Viken01
08-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Does anyone have that video where Djoko is making impersonations but with the american comentators talking in the background ? cos the only one in youtube is the one with the BBC guys and I heard the american comentators reactions are much much funnier.

Are you talking about that one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6RUfeGLIE

Kuhne
08-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't really care if Federer doesn't like Djoko at all, I just felt bad for the guy after watching that video and seeing how nice djoko speaks of roger

Adler
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh stop it, there's democracy there and everyone is allowed to express his or her own opinions. What do you mean by saying what Federer SHOULD do? He's got his own opinion about tennis style, he doesn't insult anyone... what's the problem:?

Burrow
08-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Djoko?

Kuhne
08-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Are you talking about that one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6RUfeGLIE

yes exactly that video except the one I want has the american espn guys talking instead of those english comentators, I hard it was much funnier with them speaking

cmurray
08-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Does Djokovic give Federer respect?

Am I actually sticking up for Federer here???? :smash:

jcempire
08-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Federer will lose to Djoko more than 10 times next couple years

scoobs
08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps not. What does that have to do with this thread?

Stensland
08-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't agree at all.

I think respect is earned. I think Federer, though he may not like Nole, respects what he's done so far this year, but let's not get confused - Djokovic hasn't won a Grand Slam, he has not yet been in a final. I can see why, from Federer's point of view, Djokovic has not yet earned the right to be spoken of in the same breath as him and Nadal.

Remember it's up to Djokovic to prove he can take the final steps and join the big boys right at the very top. I think he can but he has to prove it by breaking the lock Federer and Nadal have had on the slams since RG 2005.

Also note that, while he may respect him, the indications are clear that Federer is not going to be a particular fan of Djokovic's style of play - I don't think that's something he particularly gets excited over.

If that's what Djokovic fans are waiting for - for Federer to say "I love how Djokovic plays" - then I think they'll be waiting a very long time. On that score, Federer is entitled to his own opinion.

once again, brilliant posting. you're always right, scoobs, hats off. :)

Viken01
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM

:smooch:

star
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't agree at all.

I hope Federer always downplays Djokovic and disparages his game. That's usually a sign that a player has gotten under Federer's skin. Federer doesn't want to let Djokovic into his "club." That's ok with me. I love it when Federer shows his bitchy girl side.

Remember when Federer said that he used to really hate everyone who beat him, but he had learned to overcome that and now he didn't? I think he hasn't overcome it entirely.

star
08-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Respect is overrated. :lol:

No respect between Lendl and JMac. They played some great matches.

cmurray
08-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I hope Federer always downplays Djokovic and disparages his game. That's usually a sign that a player has gotten under Federer's skin. Federer doesn't want to let Djokovic into his "club." That's ok with me. I love it when Federer shows his bitchy girl side.

Remember when Federer said that he used to really hate everyone who beat him, but he had learned to overcome that and now he didn't? I think he hasn't overcome it entirely.

I agree to some extent. Except that in this case, Roger "hated" Nole long before Nole beat him. It seems a very real possibility to me that Djokovic is just an ass and Federer doesn't like him. :shrug:

Eden
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM

Good question cmurray. Noles comments on Roger can be a bit confusing sometimes. Whilst some people might get the impression he just wants to be funny others don't find it appropriated to hear something as "He is going down", "Everyone is tired of Roger winning all the time" etc.

star
08-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Good question cmurray. Noles comments on Roger can be a bit confusing sometimes. Whilst some people might get the impression he just wants to be funny others don't find it appropriated to hear something as "He is going down", "Everyone is tired of Roger winning all the time" etc.

See, that's what I like about Djokovic.

I don't think Federer has to like it, and in fact, I would expect someone like Federer to be offended.

star
08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree to some extent. Except that in this case, Roger "hated" Nole long before Nole beat him. It seems a very real possibility to me that Djokovic is just an ass and Federer doesn't like him. :shrug:

It is a possibility that Djokovic has a personality that grates on the GOAT. That's ok with me. I don't care that Federer doesn't like Djokovic. I think it is sort of amusing. :)

scoobs
08-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I think there's a couple of things going on

1) Federer and Nadal are almost exaggeratedly respectful towards each other these days - whatever happened in the past, they now pretty much refuse to be negative about the other in any way. With Djokovic it works differently - he respects them but he says with a marked lack of deference to either Federer or Nadal that he wants to defeat them and take their place. Djokovic is totally entitled to do so. However, Federer and Nadal are also entitled to find this a bit abrasive.

2) Djokovic is doing his best to crash the little duopoly party that has existed since 2005. Federer and Nadal have dominated the game for a couple of years and in spite of the rivalry I think they were quite cosy with the situation that it was those two vs everyone else. I think they, to some extent, see Djokovic as an outsider who's gatecrashing, and Federer in particular is keen for Djokovic to prove beyond any doubt he deserves to be there before he acknowledges that Djokovic has broken the stranglehold he and Nadal had.

3) I think Federer's early problems with Djokovic - the Davis Cup match in particular, are over, but have left a legacy of being less enthused by Djokovic's behaviour than might otherwise be the case. I think he's more suspicious of Djokovic's motives - thinks Djokovic is more prepared to use any advantage he can get - trainer, toilet breaks, etc. I think that makes him more wary.

4) I genuinely don't think Federer is a big fan of Djokovic's style of play - it's been noted that he admires players like Gasquet who, when they're on, play with grace and a certain beauty - like art I think he said. Djokovic's game is much more straightforward in the sense that it doesn't look especially pretty, it's very functional, very few outstanding features, but it is effective and it gets the job done. I think Federer would rather lose to an "artist" player than someone who he views as a conventional player who does it extremely well.

gjalex
08-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Djokovic is actually a very nice guy and seems to give a lot of respect to everyone, however in a way I kind of agree with Federer because I haven't seen Djokovic put in any super stellar performances like Nadal in the 2007 Wimbledon final. On results, Djokovic has done very well this year, ive just never seen him put in a super human performance.

Its odd though, after Federers last match against Hewitt he gave Hewitt massive praise and said how he still got nervous playing him and such and yet clearly this is ridiculous having beaten Hewitt 11 times in a row. So I think that Federers respect compass is a little off.

scoobs
08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Djokovic is actually a very nice guy and seems to give a lot of respect to everyone, however in a way I kind of agree with Federer because I haven't seen Djokovic put in any super stellar performances like Nadal in the 2007 Wimbledon final. On results, Djokovic has done very well this year, ive just never seen him put in a super human performance.

Its odd though, after Federers last match against Hewitt he gave Hewitt massive praise and said how he still got nervous playing him and such and yet clearly this is ridiculous having beaten Hewitt 11 times in a row. So I think that Federers respect compass is a little off.
I thought he put in a super-human performance at Wimbledon in the fourth round and quarters to dismiss Hewitt and Baghdatis.

On the one hand he impressed me with his stamina, his fight, and his refusal to quit.

On the other hand, though, he also showed up some of the limitations in his current game that he took 5 hours to get by Baghdatis on grass - an inability to be aggressive sometimes and shorten the points, which is why he had nothing left for the semi-final.

star
08-25-2007, 01:37 PM

1) Federer and Nadal are almost exaggeratedly respectful towards each other these days - whatever happened in the past, they now pretty much refuse to be negative about the other in any way. With Djokovic it works differently - he respects them but he says with a marked lack of deference to either Federer or Nadal that he wants to defeat them and take their place. Djokovic is totally entitled to do so. However, Federer and Nadal are also entitled to find this a bit abrasive.

2) Djokovic is doing his best to crash the little duopoly party that has existed since 2005. Federer and Nadal have dominated the game for a couple of years and in spite of the rivalry I think they were quite cosy with the situation that it was those two vs everyone else. I think they, to some extent, see Djokovic as an outsider who's gatecrashing, and Federer in particular is keen for Djokovic to prove beyond any doubt he deserves to be there before he acknowledges that Djokovic has broken the stranglehold he and Nadal had.

3) I think Federer's early problems with Djokovic - the Davis Cup match in particular, are over, but have left a legacy of being less enthused by Djokovic's behaviour than might otherwise be the case. I think he's more suspicious of Djokovic's motives - thinks Djokovic is more prepared to use any advantage he can get - trainer, toilet breaks, etc. I think that makes him more wary.

4) I genuinely don't think Federer is a big fan of Djokovic's style of play - it's been noted that he admires players like Gasquet who, when they're on, play with grace and a certain beauty - like art I think he said. Djokovic's game is much more straightforward in the sense that it doesn't look especially pretty, it's very functional, very few outstanding features, but it is effective and it gets the job done. I think Federer would rather lose to an "artist" player than someone who he views as a conventional player who does it extremely well.

I don't really disagree with any of this. Nadal worships at the altar of GodFed, at least in his public statements so that takes away some of the sting for Federer.

Federer doesn't see Nadal as an artist either, but I think he has developed some respect for the gifts Nadal does have.

But it's going to be a bit irritating if Nadal and Federer start acting like some diva popular high school girls who have to show the little newcomer that she isn't as cool as they are by giving her the cold shou

Eden
08-25-2007, 01:37 PM

Roger was always full of praise for Lleyton. Same goes for Andy Roddick by the way. He always stepped in for the guys to defend them when they were overlooked by the Federer-Nadal rivalry.

There is an interview with Roger in the current issue of a sportsmagazine where he was asked about his toughest opponent he has faced in his career so far. One should expect he would name Nadal, but he said Lleyton.

star
08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Roger was always full of praise for Lleyton. Same goes for Andy Roddick by the way. He always stepped in for the guys to defend them when they were overlooked by the Federer-Nadal rivalry.

There is an interview with Roger in the current issue of a sportsmagazine where he was asked about his toughest opponent he has faced in his career so far. One should expect he would name Nadal, but he said Lleyton.

So are you saying that praise for Nadal is the kiss of death for Nadal's USO hopes? :lol:

Maybe Roger will get bitchy about Nadal again when the clay season rolls around. :)

gjalex
08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I thought he put in a super-human performance at Wimbledon in the fourth round and quarters to dismiss Hewitt and Baghdatis.

Ok I should be more specific, in terms of stamina and willpower it was a super human performance, but not in terms of skill.

scoobs
08-25-2007, 01:41 PM

I suspect with Hewitt the memories of some of those early defeats still weigh on him, even though the head to head has been decisively reversed - especially that Davis Cup match he lost from 2 sets up. I think he feels he can't let his guard down against Hewitt for a second, even now, because if he does it could happen again - Hewitt fights until the very end. Their Cincy match was a good case in point. Federer plays not his best day and it takes a third set tiebreak to put him away.

cmurray
08-25-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm not sure I agree with number 3, Scoobs. I've a feeling that Federer is perfectly capable of holding a grudge. These "disparaging" comments have been coming from Federer for some time. I'm willing to stipulate that Nole's game is probably not the most aesthetically pleasing to Roger, but then neither is Hewitt's game, and I've never heard Roger say ANYTHING bad about Llegs.

I'm SURE Roger and Rafa enjoy being in a cozy club of 2. It has been the status quo for SO long and they're quite confortable with it(roger more than rafa obviously). Plus, I think Roger feels as though Rafa's earned the number one spot once he loses it.

Eden
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
So are you saying that praise for Nadal is the kiss of death for Nadal's USO hopes? :lol:

Maybe Roger will get bitchy about Nadal again when the clay season rolls around. :)

I doubt Nadals run at the US Open depends on anything of what Roger thinks about him ;)

Lets wait to the end of the career of Roger. I'm sure he will name Nadal as his biggest rival and toughest opponent then. Right now he has played more matches against Hewitt and knows him longer than Rafa.

star
08-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I doubt Nadals run at the US Open depends on anything of what Roger thinks about him ;)

Lets wait to the end of the career of Roger. I'm sure he will name Nadal as his biggest rival and toughest opponent then. Right now he has played more matches against Hewitt and knows him longer than Rafa.

What does knowing someone longer have to do with rating their game? :confused:

Roger always says kind of silly things when asked about who has a chance at a slam. I guess it's understandable because he can't say what he really thinks which if he is a rational person, is: I'm the favorite to win by a long shot and I'm going to have to get clubbed in the knee to lose.

trixtah
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/UK_TENNIS/idUKSP21057120070824?pageNumber=2

"Even though now people talk about (Novak) Djokovic, for me Nadal is better, a lot better to be honest," Federer told Reuters in an interview.

ouchhhh

"If I don't win the U.S. Open I expect him to win it."

Federer said Nadal was being underestimated, especially by the media.

"There's no such thing as a specialist on clay now. GlennMirnyi from this forum online called Menstennisforums is a complete dumbass. Maybe it's your best surface but then you can always play well on the hard courts, and even grass today," he said.

oh yeah, I altered that last one a bit, but it's not too far from the truth anyway

scoobs
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I think it's hard to put Lleyton and Nole in the same boat, though - one guy is a former world #1 who had a positive head to head against Federer for a while, and forced Federer to find ways to beat him and overtake him, and who he still considers, on his day, very dangerous to this day.

Nole is a young up and coming player who until Montreal Federer had defeated several times, often fairly comfortably, who is starting to make his mark but is a long way from where Federer is or even Nadal is yet.

I doubt Federer is overly interested in Hewitt's game but I think that respect for someone who has done it before him has constrained him from commenting on that, and he admires in Hewitt the fighting attitude that we have so far only seen from Nole in fits and starts. I think Federer feels much less constrained commenting on the players coming up after him than he does on the ones who came before him.

As for the grudge - yeah it's possible Federer does carry a grudge. I don't quite see it that way myself but all we can do is interpret the evidence before us and that will lead to differing opinions.

trixtah
08-25-2007, 01:54 PM
damn, I look and there's already a 345234 page thread on what I posted. Can't underestimate the little girls on MTF

star
08-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I

As for the grudge - yeah it's possible Federer does carry a grudge. I don't quite see it that way myself but all we can do is interpret the evidence before us and that will lead to differing opinions.

Federer himself has said he used to carry grudges against players who beat him. That's my evidence for thinking Federer has the capacity to carry a grudge and even though he's worked on that part of himself, it's still part of his make-up.

star
08-25-2007, 01:56 PM
damn, I look and there's already a 345234 page thread on what I posted. Can't underestimate the little girls on MTF

I'm on page one, post 38. :confused:

cmurray
08-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I think it's hard to put Lleyton and Nole in the same boat, though - one guy is a former world #1 who had a positive head to head against Federer for a while, and forced Federer to find ways to beat him and overtake him, and who he still considers, on his day, very dangerous to this day.

Nole is a young up and coming player who until Montreal Federer had defeated several times, often fairly comfortably, who is starting to make his mark but is a long way from where Federer is or even Nadal is yet.

I doubt Federer is overly interested in Hewitt's game but I think that respect for someone who has done it before him has constrained him from commenting on that, and he admires in Hewitt the fighting attitude that we have so far only seen from Nole in fits and starts. I think Federer feels much less constrained commenting on the players coming up after him than he does on the ones who came before him.

well, I picked Hewitt because his game is just the grinding sort that Federer doesn't "appreciate". I realize that Hewitt has already "proven" himself, so to speak.

I think the "grudge" that Federer holds is that he knows Nole will stoop to...shall we call them questionable tactics in order to obtain the win. He's already shown that against Gael and Stan. And I think Federer doesn't respect that. :shrug: I don't blame him.

Magenta
08-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't agree at all.

No, Djokovic fans hardly anticipate a seal of approval from Federer.

On the whole, I agree with you, its Federer's opinion.
Nole has a lot to live up to it if he is to be compared with Nadal.. and if even then Federer doesn't like his style of play, his game, his demenaour then that's STILL Fed's opinion, and he's entitled to it!

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Djoko and Fed are complete opposite characters, maybe that's the reason he dislikes him?

I'm not a Fed apologist, but if I'm right, he used to have Mcenroe moments of outburst? If that is true...he can put whatever make-up he wants, but deep inside he is that character that, during the years, learned how to calm himself, and put a mask on his face.

Djoko on the court, and Djoko off the court...are different personalities. He is a clown off the court, and I hope he keeps that part when he gets older. On the court, he is dead serious, and mentally very strong for the kid his age, that makes u wonder...how he get there, how he become that way.

Simply, there are guys that have talents to be the best. Many people consider Safin to be most talented guy on the tour...and what happened? How about Monfils? On the opposite...there are guys that are working very hard to become what they want to be. And I think Djoko is working very hard.

What I'm trying to say...they are different characters...and that's maybe what's causing
dislikeness. I think the feeling is mutual, no matter how respectful Djoko sounds toward Fed.

Eden
08-25-2007, 02:32 PM
What does knowing someone longer have to do with rating their game? :confused:

Maybe I have expressed myself wrong.

I just meant it the way that Roger and Lleyton already played against each other when they were teenagers. There are more things to compare because of the time they know each other.

Roger always says kind of silly things when asked about who has a chance at a slam. I guess it's understandable because he can't say what he really thinks which if he is a rational person, is: I'm the favorite to win by a long shot and I'm going to have to get clubbed in the knee to lose.

Do we know what he really thinks? ;)

star
08-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Do we know what he really thinks? ;)

Do you mean about anything at all, or about what he thinks about his chances to win the US Open or Wimbledon?

I think we have a pretty good idea about what he thinks if we make the assumption he is a rational person. If not a rational person, then it's anybody's guess.

So, the question is, Do you think Federer is a rational person?

Maybe I have expressed myself wrong.

I just meant it the way that Roger and Lleyton already played against each other when they were teenagers. There are more things to compare because of the time they know each other.

I still don't understand what that has to do with rating someone's game. Federer isn't such a dolt that it takes him 10 years to figure out someone's game.

Forehander
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
federer once said "im glad he's proven me wrong for saying "he's still has a long way to go"" so it means though he doesn't like the dishonest guy he doesn't estimate him.

Neely
08-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Sleepwalker64, I wouldn't say that Federer had McEnroe-like outbursts, but he did have his tantrums and broken rackets back in the past and, as you said, he became a better player after he could control his feelings more and more and learnt how to use the right shots at the right time.

And I don't think you are too far away from the truth when you're saying that it is a matter of characters. You just can't stand some people and others you like immediately which is often mutual, at least as soon as the other one noticed a certain dislike. Why should it be that much different among pro athletes.

Gulliver
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I think there are too many incidents stacked up on the debit side for Federer to respect Djokovic as a person and a player...as yet.
2006 QF RG v Nadal he retired half way through, though stating later that he was really in control of the match even when losing.
Final Umag retired with breathing problems so Wawrinka got the win.
DC the "infamous" misuse of injury timeouts v Wawrinka and Federer.
AO 2007 "he is going down" comment.
Interview "people are tired of Federer winning everything".
Wb SF retires again v Nadal.
Montreal takes a bathroom break after losing the 2nd set and "Don't be angry with him, he can't win everything" as if HE needed to defend Federer!!

There are probably others for giving him a reputation for "injury/fatigue gamesmanship", but for me, he presents as a patronising, disrespectful, insincere individual. Even his effusive handshake and congratulations to Moya after losing to him1st Rd Cincy smacked of "Well done for beating ME". Yes, he is genuinely ambitious and states his goals clearly but....a lot of what he does grates on me.

star
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes, he is genuinely ambitious and states his goals clearly but....a lot of what he does grates on me.

Yay! :yippee:

I know what you mean. Djokovic doesn't grate on me, but Federer does. (although I don't keep a list of his infractions :lol: )

It's just the way different players strike us and the personalities as well as the tennis keep things interesting. If everything is always nicey nicey it takes a bit away from the rivalries. At least for me. :)

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I think there are too many incidents stacked up on the debit side for Federer to respect Djokovic as a person and a player...as yet.
2006 QF RG v Nadal he retired half way through, though stating later that he was really in control of the match even when losing.
Montreal takes a bathroom break after losing the 2nd set and "Don't be angry with him, he can't win everything" as if HE needed to defend Federer!!

There are probably others for giving him a reputation for "injury/fatigue gamesmanship", but for me, he presents as a patronising, disrespectful, insincere individual. Even his effusive handshake and congratulations to Moya after losing to him1st Rd Cincy smacked of "Well done for beating ME". Yes, he is genuinely ambitious and states his goals clearly but....a lot of what he does grates on me.

These are your reason for hating him, or u think these are the reasons why Fed "don't respect" him (not that I give a damn for his respect).
If it's first...I respect that.
I will give u more "food" for that hate...
This is a text from Serbian sport paper dated 28.september 2006...the title is "I respect Federer, but he should be ashamed". I will not translate anything...because, as far as I see...you are not reading the full text, title is enough for you.
http://www.novak-djokovic.com/articles/2006_28.septembar_zurnal.jpg

If u watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXl42woe60 at the end, you will see Mcenroe, Kolya and Novak talking...and in one moment, Djoko will hug Kolya...and said - "You are watching the finalists". How dare he? How dare he to say...He is going down? How dare he to say...you are watching the finalists? How dare he...to retire game while he is leading in Umag so Wawrinka won? How dare he..to retire in SF against Nadal, after 9 hours tennis for two days?

Federer deserves much better fans...than u guys, that's for sure. Nomatter how irrational fans can be in their blindness with their idol, if you can hate him for that, I congratulate you on your shallowness.

MatchFederer
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
These are your reason for hating him, or u think these are the reasons why Fed "don't respect" him (not that I give a damn for his respect).
This is a text from Serbian sport paper dated 28.september 2006...the title is "I respect Federer, but he should be ashamed". I will not translate anything...because, as far as I see...you are not reading the full text, title is enough for you.

If u watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXl42woe60 at the end, you will see Mcenroe, Kolya and Novak talking...and in one moment, Djoko will hug Kolya...and said - "You are watching the finalists". How dare he? How dare he to say...He is going down? How dare he to say...you are watching the finalists? How dare he...to retire game while he is leading in Umag so Wawrinka won? How dare he..to retire in SF against Nadal, after 9 hours tennis for two days?

Federer deserves much better fans...than u guys, that's for sure. Nomatter how irrational fans can be in their blindness with their idol, if you can hate him for that, I congratulate you on your shallowness.

:scared: . . . . . . . . ...:cuckoo:

*Viva Chile*
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
The funny thing is the fact that a lot of players (for not saying the most of them) really like Djoko, and thinks he's a funny guy at all while Roger publicly said that he dislikes him. I know that inconciously Roger knows that Djoko is the real deal and that Nadal will ever be number 2 while he stills in, but with Djoko he can't say the same. Obviously Nole hasn't won any salm yet, but he's only 19... he is progresing day after day.

*Viva Chile*
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM

and we have a new ACC contender for this year :bowdown:

rofe
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
The funny thing is the fact that a lot of players (for not saying the most of them) really like Djoko, and thinks he's a funny guy at all while Roger publicly said that he dislikes him. I know that inconciously Roger knows that Djoko is the real deal and that Nadal will ever be number 2 while he stills in, but with Djoko he can't say the same. Obviously Nole hasn't won any salm yet, but he's only 19... he is progresing day after day.

Where did Fed say that he dislikes Novak? He was quite clear during the DC tie that he didn't care much for Novak's antics against Stan but he never said that he dislikes him.

Marek.
08-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I love how everyone knows what Federer really thinks. What brilliant people we have posting here.

*Viva Chile*
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Where did Fed say that he dislikes Novak? He was quite clear during the DC tie that he didn't care much for Novak's antics against Stan but he never said that he dislikes him.

He hasn't said in an open way, but the comments are enough to say that he don't like him, simply. There's nothing wrong with it, I'm only saying that I found it quite funny, that's all.

scoobs
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
This is the problem with these kinds of threads - I always get sucked into them and I know I shouldn't.

What we all end up doing is interpreting what player A thinks or believes under the surface - and naturally those interpretations differ from person to person depending on their own background, point of view, and personal prejudices.

So there's never any right answer because there's no way to actually confirm definitively what the player actually does mean and believe when he says what he says.

It can be fun, but ultimately it's pointless and can be taken far too seriously. No one of us here has a hotline into a player's head - it's all opinion.

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 08:07 PM
:scared: . . . . . . . . ...:cuckoo:
and we have a new ACC contender for this year

Enlight me please? English is not my first language...did I say something wrong?

Allure
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Djokovic is arrogant and has said some questionable things about/to Roger so it's understandable why Fed doesn't like him.

Marek.
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Djokovic is arrogant and has said some questionable things about/to Roger so it's understandable why Fed doesn't like him.

Apparently when Djokovic says those things it's because he's either too young to know what he's saying or he's joking. Whatever Fed says it's because he's an ass (even his compliments, those are just words to mask his arrogant image.)

star
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Of course. :)

Fedex
08-25-2007, 09:45 PM

He is almost as bad as Borg.

Sunset of Age
08-25-2007, 10:14 PM
This thread is getting funnier and funnier...

Kuhne
08-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe if you guys had actualy read the initial post in this thread and clicked on the video I posted you would see what Djokovic thinks about Roger

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe if you guys had actualy read the initial post in this thread and clicked on the video I posted you would see what Djokovic thinks about Roger

This is the longer version of the same video, at first it's about Maradona, than about Canas, and at the end impersonations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_iCByjlGyE

Greenday
08-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Out here people are always looking for something to bash federer.......they interpret whatever he says in their own way jus to bash him.....Go get some life.....dont hate someone so much....not good for ur health...why do u care wat fed thinks abt djokovic in the first place??...life less @#$$$%

bokehlicious
08-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Apparently when Djokovic says those things it's because he's either too young to know what he's saying or he's joking. Whatever Fed says it's because he's an ass (even his compliments, those are just words to mask his arrogant image.)

Very true...

Forehander
08-26-2007, 02:25 AM
it doesn't matter what the video shows it's just the Media.

tangerine_dream
08-26-2007, 06:40 AM
I've noticed that Roger doesn't show a whole lot of respect for young players who he thinks have absolutely no business of beating him. He's pretty angry that he lost to Nole.

sykotique
08-26-2007, 07:01 AM
I've noticed that Roger doesn't show a whole lot of respect for young players who he thinks have absolutely no business of beating him. He's pretty angry that he lost to Nole.

This still doesn't explain why Roger slobbers over the very mention of Gasquet every chance he gets and I've never heard him speak ill of Murray or Berdych either, come to think of it. At first he was dismissive of Nadal, but never really disrespectful. To Djokovic, he is quite simply disrespectful. Whether this is due to some misunderstanding, some perceived character flaw or Federer just not liking him for some unknown reason, you certainly can't compare how he seems to feel about Djokovic to how he seems to feel about other young players.

Marek.
08-26-2007, 08:17 AM
^Not to mention the fact that he's had this attitude since the Davis Cup incident.

nobama
08-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I've noticed that Roger doesn't show a whole lot of respect for young players who he thinks have absolutely no business of beating him.
Names, please.

Jovan76
08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

I am not, nor do I want to defend Djokovic, but a few points where I think you are wrong in your interpretation. Considering many others here have mentioned it as a reason why Federer dislikes Djokovic, I just want to present a diferent opinion, especially because I don't think some people here get this kid's humour.

I think you are misinterpreting this totally. He was basically trying to be a smart arse and say something funny to get a laugh from the crowd. He said don't be angry at me to the crowd, but someone else had to win it - I was just giving him a break".

This is just typical Belgrade, smart arse humour - to be honest, I didn't think it was such a great joke (I think Marat tried this "he can't win everything" line before) and personally, I think Djokovic's Indian Wells "when my mother was giving me the milk" speech, to describe the time when he was watching Boris Becker play, was much better.

...and if I may add.., after winning the Roger's Cup a reporter asks Djokovic: "Did you know this is called Roger's Cup?" and Djokovic says: Yeah, I know, maybe next year I should get them to change it to Novak's Cup."

I think these are examples used to present Nole's arrogance, brashness and even having a go at the master himself. I think these are all off the mark. Basically, the guy is just having some fun and enjoying himself being a smart arse. Here is another example where he says "you are watching the finalists" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXl42woe60
...just to make a joke and entertain himself when in fact both end up losing to Roger and Nadal.

There are probably others for giving him a reputation for "injury/fatigue gamesmanship", but for me, he presents as a patronising, disrespectful, insincere individual.

This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, the thing what strikes me about this guy is his sincerity but most of all his well-balanced persona. As a Serbian, I might say he's very un-Serbian like. I would expect a Serbian tennis player to be an Ivanisevic or Safin type, always fighting his inner demons, temper, being a primadonna or getting distracted by women. So far this guy, while being a joker, hasn't shown any of those characteristics.

This is the problem with these kinds of threads....What we all end up doing is interpreting what player A thinks or believes under the surface - and naturally those interpretations differ from person to person depending on their own background, point of view, and personal prejudices.

Smartest thing said in this entire thread.

bokehlicious
08-26-2007, 01:17 PM

At least he respects your beloved Andy & James...

:retard:

DrJules
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM

You have supported your argument well with details. I believe you omitted when Djokovic played Monfils in US Open in 2005 and used a strategic injury break.

Djokovic is about winning rather than fair play or being liked.

Allure
08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
You have supported your argument well with details. I believe you omitted when Djokovic played Monfils in US Open in 2005 and used a strategic injury break.

Djokovic is about winning rather than fair play or being liked.

Speaking of, an article in Tennis magazine quoted, ''Djokovic isn't flashy, he doesn't have an awe inspiring weapon, and he can't hit a 150 mph serve. He's just good at winning.''

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Speaking of, an article in Tennis magazine quoted, ''Djokovic isn't flashy, he doesn't have an awe inspiring weapon, and he can't hit a 150 mph serve. He's just good at winning.''

Winning is all that matters.

Nadal and Djoko are winners.
Roddick and Gasquet are losers.

Allure
08-27-2007, 03:03 AM
So you, Roddick, and Gasquet have something in common. :p

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 03:09 AM
So you, Roddick, and Gasquet have something in common. :p

I am a winner.

You as a Gasquet fan and a clown who lives to bend over for the Ego King are a loser.

NYCtennisfan
08-27-2007, 03:12 AM
I am a winner.

You as a GasGayQueer are a loser.

Do not fight perfection as you cannot win. Accept your place.

Looks like the Spartan Light is a bit of a homophobe.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Looks like the Spartan Light is a bit of a homophobe.

Gay people are all right.

It is their bad luck that, the wuss Gasquet is one of them.

Gasquet, Federer and their fans are whats wrong with this world. When these diseases are cured peace will reign.

Allure
08-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Don't be mad because your love letters to Gasquet and Federer were unanswered. :awww: :hug:

callitasicit
08-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Djokovic is a serious threat to Federer and Nadal right now. This is now a three man race and Federer should take this guy more seriously. I believe Djokovic has a good shot at winning his first grand slam at the US open.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Don't be mad because your love letters to Gasquet and Federer were unanswered. :awww: :hug:

I wouldn't speak to those two fools if they paid me.

Art is for losers. Efficiency will always destroy art and religion.

Logic prevails over all.

Allure
08-27-2007, 03:42 AM
You said winning was more important than looking good. But Roger wins all the time. Shouldn't you like him? :scratch:

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 03:52 AM
You said winning was more important than looking good. But Roger wins all the time. Shouldn't you like him? :scratch:

Federer wins against people who refuse to fight against him. Its like he beats up little girls. Their is no honor in that.

Even if the devil was winning I wouldnt cheer for him.

Allure
08-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Roger beat Roddick. Nadal and Djokovic also beat Andy. I guess Trinity like to beat up little girls. :awww:

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Roger beat Roddick. Nadal and Djokovic also beat Andy. I guess Trinity like to beat up little girls. :awww:

All players play their best against Rafa and Nole.
And their worst against Federer.

You should know this by now :p

Allure
08-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Or maybe all players play the same against them but Fed is so good it makes them look bad? :shrug:

case
08-27-2007, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't speak to those two fools if they paid me.

Art is for losers. Efficiency will always destroy art and religion.

Logic prevails over all.

okay, I'll ask who said your quote?
Time is the only thing that will destroy art.
religion has a way of destroying itself.
wish you wouldn't have grouped art with religion-religion censors so much.

I'd rather be an artistic loser than an efficient winner- at least i'd be remembered. no one remembers a computer.

I'd rather be a gasquet fan

Allure
08-27-2007, 05:20 AM
okay, I'll ask who said your quote?
Time is the only thing that will destroy art.
religion has a way of destroying itself.
wish you wouldn't have grouped art with religion-religion censors so much.

I'd rather be an artistic loser than an efficient winner- at least i'd be remembered. no one remembers a computer.

I'd rather be a gasquet fan

:hug:

Farenhajt
08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Do Fed's "loverboys" all play one-handed BH as he does? Maybe that's the "art factor" :)

Anyway, Fed is not out there to be revered, liked, respected, friendly with, asked for a fashion advice, envied etc. etc. He's out there to be beaten fair and square, as often as possible. All the other matters are secondary to that, and Nole understands that perfectly. And perhaps Fed realizes that Nole understands that perfectly and doesn't like it.

Jogy
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Nothing new that Federer is a sour grape looser and only has fake nice answers to interview questions. And when the door is locked he is shooting against Djokovic and make his comments after the match.

Puschkin
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
And when the door is locked he is shooting against Djokovic and make his comments after the match.

Interesting, are you there when the door is locked? :rolleyes: Besides, there is no obligation to like Djokovic.

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Jogy, Roger plans to retire at 35, only 10 more years of frustration mate, you can overcome it... :hug: :hug:

:lol:

Jogy
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Jogy, Roger plans to retire at 35, only 10 more years of frustration mate, you can overcome it... :hug: :hug:
then only imagine how you must be frustrating when Nadal is playing for 15 more years
and will win titles when Federer already sucks

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
then only imagine how you must be frustrating when Nadal is playing for 15 more years
and will win titles when Federer already sucks

11 slams at 26 really sucks indeed... :yeah:

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the rep Jogy, I missed your red dots :cool: :wavey:

Jogy
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
11 slams at 26 really sucks indeed... :yeah:
same as 3 slams at 20 suck :)

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Still a long and winding road ahead of Piggy though........ :)

lina_seta
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM

well it certainly sucks to play all the tournaments u can manage and still be #2 :devil:

Jogy
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
well it certainly sucks to play all the tournaments u can manage and still be #2 :devil:
ohhh another little Federer fangirl idiot, that's not really something new :)

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM

Haas is the real deal :cool: :worship:

MatchFederer
08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Jogy, aren't you a Federer hater? Also.. do you only turn up to post during the slams?

Jogy
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Haas is the real deal :cool: :worship:
I never sayed that Haas going to win so much like other players and I'm not supporting players only by winning Slams and then jump on the bandwagon when they started winning

I would be choosing to be tortured than supporting a clown robot and non-inspireing player like Fedhole

bokehlicious
08-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm not supporting players only by winning Slams and then jump on the bandwagon when they started winning

I didn't know Roger started winning in 1998 :confused:

MatchFederer
08-27-2007, 03:00 PM
You sound like a bitter, small man! :p

Jogy
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Jogy, aren't you a Federer hater? Also.. do you only turn up to post during the slams?
no I am here not only at Slams, but I have other priority and not like post whores who have 50000 posts and online 12 days on some days

LoveFifteen
08-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I am surprised that some people are saying that Djokovic's game is conventional and/or boring. I enjoy watching him play. I like his backhand.

lina_seta
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM

lol... yes i appreciate ur bad rep... well i get a lot of good reps too u c (only bad reps from rafa tards, i wonder y)
ur post has 0% reasoning and u call that a reply. i am a fangirl, but i assure u, im no idiot ;) or fedtard...
ur the only one showing signs of severe tardness. :rolleyes: