If Federer's profession was.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Federer's profession was....

Forehander
08-25-2007, 09:42 AM
It has been many times by James Blake: "it's not only tennis, he'll be just as good in other sports." Federer seems to be fluid in motion and he somewhat reminds me of a Samurai. I have a feeling he'll be an exceptional Kendo/Gumdo fighter. He is calm and artistic as he matures allowing only the rage and fire to burn within him. He enjoys the following sports u're about to see as a hobby. So with his immense artistic talents....

If Federer's profession was a soccer/football player would he be as good as Zinedine Zidane and Pele?

If Federer's profession was a Basketball Player would he be as good as Larry Bird or Michael Jordan?

If Federer's profession was a Golfer would he be as good as Tiger Woods?

Mateya
08-25-2007, 09:45 AM
:confused: :retard:

t0x
08-25-2007, 10:14 AM
No, no and no?

BlueSwan
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
No. Just like Pele, Zidane, Bird, Jordan and Woods wouldn't be half the tennis player that Federer is, had they taken up that sport. One thing is being a great athlete, another thing is the intense specialization it takes to become the very best at any given sport.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
08-25-2007, 12:12 PM
He might be a good golfer, with his hand-eye co-ordination. Would be a total flop at basketball. Don't know what he'd be like at soccer.

adee-gee
08-25-2007, 12:32 PM
If Federer's profession was an MTF poster, would he provide more interesting threads than Forehander?

Burrow
08-25-2007, 02:44 PM
If Federer's profession was an MTF poster, would he provide more interesting threads than Forehander?

...would he be less of a dick than scrambled egg face, adeegee.

gjalex
08-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Well hed definitely be better than bird.

MatchFederer
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Absolutely hilarious! Simply shocking...

Forehander
08-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Well hed definitely be better than bird.

Argh... I dunno Gjalex. Larry Bird was less of a flashy player during the era of Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson. He is also a hall of fame player and known as possibly the best team work player ever to have touched the game with AMAZING 3 point shootouts. Michael one on one skills would be far superior than Larry but definitely not in overall. Larry bird if he played longer he would have claimed more than 3 MVP's I reckon. Out of Johnson, Jordan and Bird. I prefer Bird over Jordan :)

MatchFederer
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think that many people believe that Bird was better than Jordan...

Forehander
08-25-2007, 03:08 PM

Absolutely hilarious! Simply shocking...

Sry if I annoyed you with this post. But I play tennis on high level myself but I never found it boring (a profession) like my other teammates and friends. I am the most enthusiastic player within my training academy i believe but however I usually can't find alot of people to talk alot about tennis with. I talk with friends about other stuff of course but in general they don't want to talk about tennis since we play so much on a daily basis anyway. So therefore I join the MTF general Messages to share some of my tennis mindset :)

and also I reckon if Federer played Basketball he would be more of like a Larry Bird and Johnson player with amazing teamwork :D

MatchFederer
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Forehander... I was actually being cocky with/against Adeegee and not yourself. :)

star
08-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Sry if I annoyed you with this post. But I play tennis on high level myself but I never found it boring (a profession) like my other teammates and friends. I am the most enthusiastic player within my training academy i believe but however I usually can't find alot of people to talk alot about tennis with. I talk with friends about other stuff of course but in general they don't want to talk about tennis since we play so much on a daily basis anyway. So therefore I join the MTF general Messages to share some of my tennis mindset :)

and also I reckon if Federer played Basketball he would be more of like a Larry Bird and Johnson player with amazing teamwork :D

If Federer played basketball, he would get tossed aside like a ragdoll. One forearm or body check from a standard forward would send him flying. He would look tiny on a court with professional players. He couldn't ever match Johnson or Bird.

But this is not talking tennis. It's talking basketball.

Burrow
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
If Federer played basketball, he would get tossed aside like a ragdoll. One forearm or body check from a standard forward would send him flying. He would look tiny on a court with professional players. He couldn't ever match Johnson or Bird.

But this is not talking tennis. It's talking basketball.

The thread is : if he was a PRO. Therefore he would not be as skinny and be more heavily built. With another 25 lb of muscle. So you cannot talk like he is a tennis player playing basketball if his profession was basketball.

star
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
The thread is : if he was a PRO. Therefore he would not be as skinny and be more heavily built. With another 25 lb of muscle. So you cannot talk like he is a tennis player playing basketball if his profession was basketball.

So, like if he were a different person? As if he were 6' 5"?

Yeah. My imagination doesn't go that far.

Burrow
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
So, like if he were a different person? As if he were 6' 5"?

Yeah. My imagination doesn't go that far.

I never said that, lb is weight, or didn't you know that? :rolleyes:

There are players who are 6'1 and there abouts who play in the NBA, you don't have to be 6'6'' which is average.

star
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I confess I have no idea what you are talking about. There are players who are 6'1" who play in the NBA, but they don't have Roger's physique. You say he would be more heavily built. Well, that's imagining him as a different person. I can't follow this conversation so, I must not be understandting the concept. I'll just bow out. :wavey:

natashha
08-25-2007, 04:30 PM
NO,
NO
and MAYBE.

I don't see him as part of a team. He's definitely kind of person for individual sports.

Anyway, your question sounds like you don't think he has any talent for tennis in particular, only generally for sports? :confused:

Hagar
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Soccer players are often very good golfers. So are tennis players. Didn't Federer take some time to decide whether he would go for soccer or tennis? I think Malisse faced the same dilemma.
It has to do with this eye-hand-foot coordination.

So yes, I think that Fed would have been good in both soccer and golf. Basketball, I don't know, he's not that tall. But also because of his character (very motivated and mentally strong), I think Fed would have been good in whatever think he would have undertaken en whatever he will undertake.

Burrow
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I confess I have no idea what you are talking about. There are players who are 6'1" who play in the NBA, but they don't have Roger's physique. You say he would be more heavily built. Well, that's imagining him as a different person. I can't follow this conversation so, I must not be understandting the concept. I'll just bow out. :wavey:

If his profession was NBA, he would be trained with weights. That is what I am saying, of course he would be a different person if he was an NBA basketball player.

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
:haha:

MatchFederer
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Massively funny!

wcr
08-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Federer is a phenomenal athlete. When you add his competitive drive and work ethics to the mix, there appears to be nothing he won't do to excel in any field.