Gasquet ....USO.....any-thing happenning ?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet ....USO.....any-thing happenning ??

Rgask
08-24-2007, 10:58 PM
ok..we know Gasquet has potential....he needs a big break....
Why cant he do that in this year's USO...Its just few hours of concentration he needs on the court...

I feel that this might be a chance for Gasquet...to proove something....

Allez Richieee....:devil: :devil: :devil:

Federer is in some trouble...:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :angel:

What do u ppl. think of Gasquet's chances ??

Loremaster
08-24-2007, 11:03 PM
slim considering his injury , and he has still letdown from Wimby

Marek.
08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I think next year will be a better year for him.

MatchFederer
08-24-2007, 11:11 PM
What I would like to happen...

In 2008 Gasquet finally realises his potential and plays more aggresively and loses a lot of his mental fragility ala Federer. I hope he rises to no.3 in the world behind Djokovic with Nadal being pushed down to 4th by the beginning of 2009 so that my 3 fave players are ranked no.1,2 and 3 respectively.

I don't think he will do that well this year at the at the Open but who knows...

Havok
08-24-2007, 11:37 PM
4r. That might even be pushing it :tape:.

Once Richard realizes his true abilities and takes full advantage of them and stops being a tard on the court, the whole entire tour better watch out. That includes Federer. I'd say his head will be sorted out in 2009. If not by then, Richard will just remain a solid top 20 player, and every now and then be ranked in the bottom half of the top 10. Maybe snag a Shield or two along the way.

Halba
08-25-2007, 02:03 AM
don't think richard will make the cut..he peaked as a junior

njnetswill
08-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Wimbledon SF was his breakthrough for 07. We'll see how he does in 08.

I don't see him challenging Federer, assuming he can make it to the 4th round.

Forehander
08-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I think gasquet needs to take some drugs

mcnasty
08-25-2007, 09:05 AM
the last player to dominate the tour with a backhand was gustavo kuerten. gasguet would be a breath of fresh air in this regard.

jonny84
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Wimbledon did help him - he made the Top10 after that.

Probably a case of injuries and pressure of defending last years points from the summer has caused him to falter a little.

onewoman74
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Gasquet looked great during his practice session with Seb yesterday. He was hitting amazing forehands and backhands against Seb. I even yelled "C'mon Seb", so he didn't feel too bad that Richard was killing him in practice. The crowd watching the praticce session on the Grandstand court was wowed. Gasquet looked in very good shape.

Rgask
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
thnx for the info. onewoman74....

Mariana_lcf
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
thanx :D

Schu
08-25-2007, 07:19 PM
4r. That might even be pushing it :tape:.

Once Richard realizes his true abilities and takes full advantage of them and stops being a tard on the court, the whole entire tour better watch out. That includes Federer. I'd say his head will be sorted out in 2009. If not by then, Richard will just remain a solid top 20 player, and every now and then be ranked in the bottom half of the top 10. Maybe snag a Shield or two along the way.

Got to agree wih you. RIchard, like may French players is going to take a little longer to get it all together. Often those with such a huge arsenal of shots need a little longer to put it all together. Then add the fact that Richard appears to be a rather shy, sensitive guy and its going to take a while for him to emerge as the player he can be. However if he doesn't get it together in the next 2 or so years - don't think it will happen. Hope he does cuz I LOVE to watch him play.

richie21
08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
One thing you can say is that he always plays well there.......this said,i don't see him doing anything special this year.

Gasquet looked great during his practice session with Seb yesterday. He was hitting amazing forehands and backhands against Seb. I even yelled "C'mon Seb", so he didn't feel too bad that Richard was killing him in practice. The crowd watching the praticce session on the Grandstand court was wowed. Gasquet looked in very good shape.

Too bad it was only against Grosjean.....:o

Bad Religion
08-26-2007, 11:00 AM
WTA Tour related threads on WTAWorld please

Mariana_lcf
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
wow u really seem to hate gasquet... i wonder why:rolleyes:

Rafas_grl
08-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Is at least his injury healed??
he plays in a couple of hrs btw

ALLEZ!!!