Steve Darcis qualifies for US Open! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Steve Darcis qualifies for US Open!

jonny84
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
The Belgian wins 3R qualifying match 6-3 6-7 6-2 over Brazil's Julio Silva.

:yeah:

Steve Darcis was the winner of ATP Amersfoort earlier in the summer. Really pleased he has qualified for the US Open!

dijus
08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
:woohoo:

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
For me better news from US Open qualifying is that in the final round will play the two Poles against each other. The one Pole in the main draw is certain.

dijus
08-24-2007, 09:45 PM
For me better news from US Open qualifying is that in the final round will play the two Poles against each other. The one Pole in the main draw is certain.

yeah, dawaj Ołówek :D

JBdV
08-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Good job Steve, 1st time in a Grand Slam MD :yeah:

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah, dawaj Ołówek :D

I've got mixing feeling about this match. Przysiężny has never played in Grand Slam event but Q-bot was in 3rd round last year so he has a lot of points to defend. The best solution: two more withdraws, Przysiężny's victory and Q-bot as a lucky loser to the main draw :banana:

Klaas_nalbandian
08-24-2007, 09:53 PM
what a summer for this little man

TankingTheSet
08-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Depending on the draw I think he can win a match or two in the main draw, Silva had beaten some decent opponents earlier, it is a well-earned qualification for Darcis not a fluke.

Greg-Pete fan
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
I've got mixing feeling about this match. Przysiężny has never played in Grand Slam event but Q-bot was in 3rd round last year so he has a lot of points to defend. The best solution: two more withdraws, Przysiężny's victory and Q-bot as a lucky loser to the main draw :banana:

Kubot should win this match, but I hope he won`t meet Roger in the first round :help: He can fight against Simon, Berrer or even Robredo on hard court :)

dijus
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Kubot should win this match, but I hope he won`t meet Roger in the first round :help: He can fight against Simon, Berrer or even Robredo on hard court :)

100% disagree with your post mate...

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM

I'd like to see Ołówek or Q-bot against FedEx inthe 2nd round :D 2-6 1-6 3-6 or something like that but finally a Polish player on Eurosport. The only time a Pole was there in 1996 :help:

Greg-Pete fan
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see Ołówek or Q-bot against FedEx inthe 2nd round :D 2-6 1-6 3-6 or something like that but finally a Polish player on Eurosport. The only time a Pole was there in 1996 :help:

Kowalski against Chang or Muster?

Yes, it will be interesting to see Kubot/Przysiezny vs Federer, but they will have no chance.

dijus
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM

not true
last year we had Kubot vs Melzer in Vienna 2nd round
earlier was Dabrowski in 1996 I think (not sure about that though)

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Kowalski against Chang?

Muster def. Kowalski 6-1 6-1 in Cincinnati.

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
not true
last year we had Kubot vs Melzer in Vienna 2nd round

Eurosport2?

dijus
08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Eurosport2?

nope
'normal' Eurosport

Greg-Pete fan
08-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Muster def. Kowalski 6-1 6-1 in Cincinnati.

What about Forget vs Kowalski (French Open 1995 1st round, five sets)?

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
nope
'normal' Eurosport

Surprising. I didn't see it :D

What about Forget vs Kowalski (French Open 1995 1st round, five sets)?

Only in the highlights of the day.

Grinder
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Excellent job Steve. I hope he can win a few rounds in the main draw, his game is certainly suited to the hard courts. :cool:

I actually got to see Przysiężny, Kubot, and Olejniczak play at Sopot this year and Kubot was by far the most impressive. It seemed like Przysiężny tried way too hard to play like Federer and had poor backhand and Olejniczak was just awful apart from his serve. :lol:

Kubot on the other hand seems to have excellent groundies, a good serve, and is competent at net. I'm surprised I haven't seem him make any impression at ATP events apart from a 3rd round at the USO last year.

Greg-Pete fan
08-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Kubot on the other hand seems to have excellent groundies, a good serve, and is competent at net. I'm surprised I haven't seem him make any impression at ATP events apart from a 3rd round at the USO last year.

Yes, he has a poor year. Beating Grosjean in Vienna `06 was his last good result :) This year he played well only against Robredo in Sopot.

Burrow
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I would like to see him on tv for a decent period of time to get the jist of what he is about, seen him for 5 minutes.

dijus
08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Excellent job Steve. I hope he can win a few rounds in the main draw, his game is certainly suited to the hard courts. :cool:

I actually got to see Przysiężny, Kubot, and Olejniczak play at Sopot this year and Kubot was by far the most impressive. It seemed like Przysiężny tried way too hard to play like Federer and had poor backhand and Olejniczak was just awful apart from his serve. :lol:

it's why he is called polish Federer ;)
can't agree Michał has poor bh

Voo de Mar
08-24-2007, 10:42 PM

Przysiężny has decent technique but he's a headcase I suppose :o Olejniczak's game is rather a shame considering he is third best Polish player :lol:

Kubot was playing good tennis last Autumn since 3rd round at USO. I saw his two matches in Bratislava's Challenger when he destroyed Koubek & Del Potro. After this I thought he'll be a Top 100 player this year, but first half of the year was completely disappointing :( But he has potential to be a regular ATP player with decent results on every surface.

Caio_Brasil
08-24-2007, 11:52 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Loremaster
08-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Przysiężny has decent technique but he's a headcase I suppose :o Olejniczak's game is rather a shame considering he is third best Polish player :lol:

Kubot was playing good tennis last Autumn since 3rd round at USO. I saw his two matches in Bratislava's Challenger when he destroyed Koubek & Del Potro. After this I thought he'll be a Top 100 player this year, but first half of the year was completely disappointing :( But he has potential to be a regular ATP player with decent results on every surface.

Olejniczak game isn't so bad on trainings he is playing pretty well , his problem is stamina cos he doesn't care about it at all , but he made Challanger SF yesterday.And once he made 3rd round of Q at AO after coming out of the plane and playign within few houres (15+h flight)
Kubot won't be ATP player on regular basis he is bigger headcase than anyone , he is mentally so fragile. Przysiężny has nice technique but injuries are plague for him and he is a headcase as well.

Rumour
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Congrats Darcis :clap2: Nice to see the 'bandwagon' player sustain momentum following his big win earlier this summer.

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Darcis has game, he can do great. A shame Julio couldn't make it, he's a fighter and he definitely played well for a claycourter.

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Darcis seemed fun for the few games I watched him play against Robredo. Maybe he'll draw into Federer's section. There needs to be SOMETHING interesting there.

Johnny Groove
08-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Darcis seemed fun for the few games I watched him play against Robredo. Maybe he'll draw into Federer's section. There needs to be SOMETHING interesting there.

Fed has 5 of the 16 qualies, so hopefully something fun like you said. Dancevic, Darcis, whoever

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:30 AM
That's what I've been hoping for, with Dancevic being a higher hope and Darcis as one of the "Well, at least he'd have confidence." qualifiers.

Otherwise, these first two Fed matches...:zzz:

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Dancevic will draw Becker. :D

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:39 AM
I wish Becker would just go away already.

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2007, 06:45 AM
I wish Becker would just go away already.

Why? :rolleyes:

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:49 AM
He's just awful to watch, and that's saying something, since I owe him big for removing Agassi from the U.S. Open last year.

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Though, I guess, it was so bad, I even rooted for Agassi to win, even though I was sick of him, just so it wouldn't be Becker.

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2007, 06:53 AM
He's just awful to watch, and that's saying something, since I owe him big for removing Agassi from the U.S. Open last year.

Though, I guess, it was so bad, I even rooted for Agassi to win, even though I was sick of him, just so it wouldn't be Becker.

Good stuff from you. Agassi went too far... Pavel would have won nowadays... he was just coming back from injury.

Becker is boring, but he's okay. There are so many bigger jokers.

Leo
08-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Yay, I'm so glad for Darcis! He's really awesome to watch live. He reminds me a lot of Ollie Rochus, who I saw watching his 2nd round thrashing of Minar, and not just because of his size. I love his forehand and the way he moves around the court. Would love to see him do some damage in the main draw! I think we're all anxious to see which pack of qualifiers gets Federer.

Beforehand
08-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Good stuff from you. Agassi went too far... Pavel would have won nowadays... he was just coming back from injury.

Becker is boring, but he's okay. There are so many bigger jokers.
Baggy had a fun setup and everything, cramping and all. And then Becker...God, even his win over Agassi was anticlimactic. Fuck off already, Becker.

YAY! I got a "Good stuff from you!"

I thought for sure I was going to open it and think "God, I'm not RFK. I don't have time for this."

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Yay, I'm so glad for Darcis! He's really awesome to watch live. He reminds me a lot of Ollie Rochus, who I saw watching his 2nd round thrashing of Minar, and not just because of his size. I love his forehand and the way he moves around the court. Would love to see him do some damage in the main draw! I think we're all anxious to see which pack of qualifiers gets Federer.

He's ever better than Rochus from what I know.

Baggy had a fun setup and everything, cramping and all. And then Becker...God, even his win over Agassi was anticlimactic. Fuck off already, Becker.

YAY! I got a "Good stuff from you!"

I thought for sure I was going to open it and think "God, I'm not RFK. I don't have time for this."

Anyone dissing that bald phony gets praises from me.

my0118
08-25-2007, 08:11 AM
What if he has to face Federer in the first round?
Will be interesting...

Kolya
08-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Congrats to Darcis!

martine2
08-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Good job Steve :yeah:

madmanfool
08-25-2007, 11:06 AM
excellent for Darcis, shows he can do more than play good on gravel

Hagar
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Well done, Steve. Shows that the good form and the confidence are still there.

I so hope he will not draw Federer, that would be too cruel.

Caio_Brasil
08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Darcis has game, he can do great. A shame Julio couldn't make it, he's a fighter and he definitely played well for a claycourter.

:yeah: :sad:

Burrow
08-25-2007, 09:15 PM
What if he has to face Federer in the first round?
Will be interesting...

Well it wouldn't be interesting if he drew Federer, it would be an easy thrashing for Federer.

Nathaliia
08-26-2007, 12:53 AM

Kubot can be truly disgraceful, been seeing him live for all these years. Any mug can pass him when he stands at net, and also chokes horribly. But when he's on, he plays awesomely great, like against Horna in Szczecin last year,

Though I prefer Przysiężny's game when he's on, it's similar (yup, also goes to net and has a serve around 190-200 kph) but Michał has better technique, I guess a little livestream screen can't show it. His problems are constant injuries and he hasn't treated tennis too seriously until last year. When he's on, he really plays like Federer at his prime, when Kubot is on, he plays like Rafter. Tough choice, but usually they're at their medium/low.

Olejniczak isn't a serious player, he shouldn't be even counted.

Merton
08-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Congrats Darcis, he did well qualifying and now he faces Haas.

Sjengster
08-26-2007, 02:39 AM