Your U.S. Open Semi Final Picks? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your U.S. Open Semi Final Picks?

Jaffas85
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
In my opinion the most likely semi final combinations are:

(1)Roger Federer Vs. (6)James Blake

and

(2)Rafael Nadal Vs. (16) Lleyton Hewitt

I think that if Djokovic can get past Ancic and Stepanek that Hewitt will be able to take care of him considering his recent form and I don't see Baghdatis or Davydenko keeping Blake from reaching his first Grand Slam semi final.

Also, Nadal will prolly face Nalbandian in the 4th round who shouldn't pose a huge threat and then should easily get past a QF against either Safin or Gonzalez (both of those players not playing their very best lately).

Thoughts?

BTW, I predict the final will be:

(1)Roger Federer Vs. (16)Lleyton Hewitt

Norrage
08-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Fed vs Blake
Djoko vs Nadal (Nadal only because he has the easiest draw imaginable, and Djoko will probably get through Hewitt like at Wimby)

jcempire
08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Fed vs Blake
Djoko vs Nadal (Nadal only because he has the easiest draw imaginable, and Djoko will probably get through Hewitt like at Wimby)

Absolute Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This four will be best of tennis today

Burrow
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Dunno but Nadull will be nowhere in sight.

Pushkin
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Give me a break with your Hewitt we don't want too see another final with 6-0 6-0 in it... It will be Federer vs. Djokovic-Nadal that's what tennis needs. Hewitt was good when Sampras was done and before Roger was Roger...

FaceyFacem
08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
i know i'm biased, but i think the winner of lleyton-novak in the 4th round will be the bottom half finalist, rafa at US Open just isn't solid enough, esp. considering lleyton's good record against him on fast courts and djokovic solid vs. rafa on hard this year, and i don't see anyone else who can really make a deep run from the bottom half

that being said, i think federer will win in finals no matter what....

federer vs. blake
hewitt/djokovic vs. ferrer

federer def. hewitt/djokovic (at this point i think novak might be more of a favorite against lleyton, but this could be a good one)

muniu
08-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Fed vs James/(Misha-hope)
Nole vs Rafa

Fed vs Nole

Fed :o

Winston's Human
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
SF: Federer - Blake
Hewitt - Ferrer

F: Federer over Hewitt (with the score no where near as close as Cincinnati)

Oliboyz
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Federer-Davydenko
Youzhny-Nadal

this looks weird but I just feel, don't know why :angel:

+alonso
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Federer vs Massu
Gonzalez vs Nadal

Massu vs Gonzalez in finals! :rolls: :haha: I'm able to dream, no? :p

Loremaster
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
(1) Roger Federer vs (6) James Blake

Blake has very nice draw , he can totally outhit Davydenko and Baggy form isn't great so I will favour Blake

(2) Rafael Nadal vs (16) Lleyton Hewitt

Rafa has great draw without anyone to hurt him so much, Djoko won't make it NYC is hot, hot, hot matches are long so I think that he will go through Ancic/Steapnek/Del Potro combo but it won't be easy he will lose some sets 2 or 3 and playing Hewitt won't be easy, many are picking Wimbledon but surface at Open is even better to Lleyton game, Lleyton is playing much better know and match at Wimby was very close, Hewitt was much better player in 1st and 4th set he lost serve twice in 4th in stupid way , and Djoko style of play matches him great. Also I want Lleyton to win cos he can make it great match with Nadal, Nole will be without fuel in semifinal after such draw with Hewitt match wich would be very long with many tiring rallies, also Nole doesn't have stamina to play thorugh many long matches and he doesn't have tools to make those mathces very fast he is building points and doesn't have weapon to grant him easy points so frequently.

BlakeorHenman
08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Fed vs. Blake
Djoko vs. Nadal

CyBorg
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Federer-Davydenko
Youzhny-Nadal

this looks weird but I just feel, don't know why :angel:

Not as weird as you think. Both Youzhny and Davydenko were in the semis last year. That's 3/4 last year.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Federer vs random clown
Nadal vs Djokovic

NYCtennisfan
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Federer vs random clown
Nadal vs Djokovic

Will it be a random clown that has beaten the Spartan King in the past?

Rogiman
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Will it be a random clown that has beaten the Spartan King in the past?I wonder who that Random Clown guy would rather face - Federer or Nadal... :rolls:

NYCtennisfan
08-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I wonder who that Random Clown guy would rather face - Federer or Nadal... :rolls:

They're clowns when they face Federer because they worship him and let him win. They try their best against Nadal because they are doing it for their beloved Federer.

The light will prevail.

--RFK