If Nadal or Djokovic make it to the final, I pay you MONEY [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Nadal or Djokovic make it to the final, I pay you MONEY

Kuhne
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, it's that time of the year again, US Open is coming up and I tought long and hard of how to change the bet for it to be more exciting for me and for those of you who apply. well, My mind blanked and I ended up with the same thing, except it now has a twist.

Now that we have a new fan favorite (Djokovic) and everyone seems to be jumping on his bandwagon saying he is the next big thing (he probably is) I am going to pay if Rafa or Djokovic make the final. in other words I am now basicaly bending over and leting you all have a go at me because if Wimbledon was a difficult bet to lose and I still lost it, this one is an easy one to lose. I just hope they perfom the way they did in Cincinati :)

So here are the rules. again, I will pay 50 bucks total.
10 bucks each. to the first five posters who write "I Apply" in this thread, the rest can't win money but can make me look like an ass the way you did last tournament. I had a good laugh last time I did this thread and thats why I am doing it again. I watched every match with newfound meaning.

Here's something, I haven't looked at the draw, so I am not sure if Nadal and Djoko can meet in the final but if they do, the price doubles to 20 bucks each (100 bucks total)

The only reason I make this threads is because there is a possibility for this to happen, Nadal and Djoko could very well be a US Open final, so it makes things interesting.

And one more interesting thing addition to this thread. this one might be a bit complex so try to stay with me.

If the final of the US Open final, is NOT played by Federer, Nadal or Djojovic and at least one of the people who are playing aren't

Roddick
Blake
Hewitt
Davidenko
Berdych

You also get 20 bucks each (yes, 20, not 10 because this seems highly unlikely)

In other words, if the final is Hewit, or Roddick, or Blake or Nadal against a less known or less expected to make the final opponent, I will still give the 20 bucks.

So basicaly if the final is Roddick vs Hewit for example, then you guys get no money because there are two big time players there, same with Nadal vs Blake or Djokovich vs Davidenko. but if the final is Davidenko Vs Safin for example, you get mone (I intentionaly left some good players who actualy have a chance out of the list to make it interesting)

Last twist.

If the final of the US Open is played by 2 players who I have not mentioned in this list at all. first 5 posters (who apply) get 30 bucks each.

So, this has begun, the last bet seems very, very unlikely to happen, however having a Youzny vs Safin final would make you all very rich (well not really but it would make me very poor)

LETS DO THIS!

feel free to ask questions if you didn't understand all of it

O yeah, i forgot, I only pay people who have paypal so if you don't have an account or can't manage to get one working by the end of the US Open you shouldn't apply or else it will just get confusing. (it's easy to get an account)

O yeah and if Gael Monfils wins the US Open of 2007 I will give a thousand dollars to EVERY PERSON WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD :)

Burrow
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
What a load of crap.

Kuhne
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok :)

Viken01
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
I apply
but why this thread ? :retard:

ATrain
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I Apply

adee-gee
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I apply :lol:

superhoops
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
I apply

Byrd
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Hmm this is a win win situation to be honest.....

rhinooooo
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I apply!!!

dinesh15
08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
hehee...i apply too :)

BlueSwan
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I apply (damn, I'm too late, aren't I?)

dots
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
fuck! I think I'm number 7. Oh well just in case someone drops out :devil: I apply

silverwhite
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Get ready to cough up :haha:

thesupreme
08-24-2007, 01:05 PM
I apply too!

Shuukaido
08-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm late again :)

By the way, I apply for the Monfils bet, who knows... :rolleyes:

MisterQ
08-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Do you get a tax write-off for this or something? :lol:

Metis
08-24-2007, 02:04 PM
:spit: Why did you have to make it so complicated?

So basicaly if the final is Roddick vs Hewit for example, then you guys get no money because there are two big time players there, same with Nadal vs Blake or Djokovich vs Davidenko. but if the final is Davidenko Vs Safin for example, you get mone (I intentionaly left some good players who actualy have a chance out of the list to make it interesting)

This doesn't make any sense. You said you would give $10 per person if Nadal makes it to the final.

Last twist.

If the final of the US Open is played by 2 players who I have not mentioned in this list at all. first 5 posters (who apply) get 30 bucks each.

I think at least 5 people here would like a Baghdatis-Ferrer final. :rocker2:

:rolls:

O yeah and if Gael Monfils wins the US Open of 2007 I will give a thousand dollars to EVERY PERSON WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD :)

You really should have checked the draw first. And Monfils has withdrawn anyway...

Do you get a tax write-off for this or something? :lol:

:haha:

Sunset of Age
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Damm, too late. :mad:

jcempire
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
LOL, I believe you can save your money.

hra87
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
At Wimbledon Nadal making it to the final with his schedule was pretty unlikely. Now...it seems fairly likely, with the only seemingly serious competition being Djokovic in the semis...so either way. There's probably like a 90% chance you lost 50 bucks (I'm very surprised you actually payed those people last time, I'm impressed). The only person I could seriously imagine making it would be Hewitt, but he would have to beat Nadal after a rough quarter.

Youzhny vs. Federer gives them 20 bucks? Not impossible, he hasn't played hewitt in years, and he beat djokovic twice this year on hard, and a semi appearance here last year so we know he can beat nadal.

mangoes
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
More twists this time:lol: :lol: :lol: Should be at least entertaining:lol: :lol:

Kuhne
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
:spit: Why did you have to make it so complicated?

This doesn't make any sense. You said you would give $10 per person if Nadal makes it to the final.

It's not complicated man, if Nadal or Djoko make the final, I pay 10 bucks each and if they both make the final I pay 20 bucks each

I think at least 5 people here would like a Baghdatis-Ferrer final. :rocker2:

That's unlikely but interesting, if that happened, I also pay money

:rolls:

You really should have checked the draw first. And Monfils has withdrawn anyway...

I knew this already.. it was a joke bet

:haha:

What I meant was, with Nadal you only get the money if he gets to the final, if Nadal plays lets say against Baghdatis in the final, you only get the money for Nadal making the final not for baghdatis as well. I just made a typo there

adee-gee
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Ajde Nole :rocker2: ;)

Kuhne
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
one down, one to go

btw, when Djokovic makes it to the finals, make sure you private message me with your paypal adress, cos I will forget to check back this thread