Great day at the Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Great day at the Open

Magus13
08-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I apolgize if this thread is in the wrong place in advance. Wanted to share with tennis fans how great a day it was to walk around the Open and sit 5 feet away from the players as they practiced in Loius Armstrong and on the Grandstand Court. Saw Hennman with Muarry, Roddick with Isner, Baghdatis with Gonzo, Nadal with Feliciano Lopez. They all would hit for about 20 minutes and then play a set. It was great. Saw Ivanovic practice. Very hot. Saw Jankovic with her hitting partner. She was awesome and alot of fun. Her body is smokeing. All this was free. Amazing time reccomended to anyone close to NYC. :D

By the way all the players were great to the kids and signed autographs. Connors is the biggest asshole.

StevoTG
08-24-2007, 03:00 AM
You lucky dog you :)

Anything happen with Jimbo??

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:04 AM
He walked off without signing any auotographs and laughed at he kids like he was too good for anyone.

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Muarry looked good but was curseing up a storm after he would miss shot. Youzhney looked great. He was hitting perfectly. Uncle Toni was talking non-stop to Nadal. Gilbert looked constipated. Isner looked really good and Roddick still has trouble putting away his volleys.

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:09 AM
You didn't get to see nalbandian ? :)

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:11 AM
No got there at about 1:00 pm. He might have hit on Arthur Ashe. Needed a pass to get into Ashe. Fed and Kiefer hit in Ashe, I don't know whoe else did. Saw Moya practice for a bit with his coach as well.

savesthedizzle
08-24-2007, 03:14 AM
I didn't even go near that area today. :lol: The USO is the one tournament where I don't really try to see people practice, which is pretty odd for me. It ended up being a pretty nice day though. Got nice and sunny by late afternoon-early evening :)

IDJ49
08-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Nalbandian hasn't arrived yet.

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:15 AM
No got there at about 1:00 pm. He might have hit on Arthur Ashe. Needed a pass to get into Ashe. Fed and Kiefer hit in Ashe, I don't know whoe else did. Saw Moya practice for a bit with his coach as well.

So it's free to watch players on Louis Amstrong and Grandstand, but you have to pay to watch them on Arthur Ashe ?

Well... It's nice for you who live near there :) Maybe you should take some photos ;)

Marek.
08-24-2007, 03:16 AM

You serious?

StevoTG
08-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Muarry looked good but was curseing up a storm after he would miss shot.

Yep, sounds about right :D

And about A-Rod with the volleys, don't worry, he'll start putting them away when he works on it with Jimmy after he is through laughing at kids. Just jokin, hopin Andy finds a bitto form next week though ;)

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:19 AM
So it's free to watch players on Louis Amstrong and Grandstand, but you have to pay to watch them on Arthur Ashe ?

Well... It's nice for you who live near there :) Maybe you should take some photos ;)

You dont have to pay for Ashe but you need a VIP pass. Don't know how you get them. Takeing pics is hard because you are right there and they are hitting and playing. A few people over did it with pics while they were hitting and annoyed the players. Didn't want to be that annoying Fan.

EternalxJourney
08-24-2007, 03:20 AM
I apolgize if this thread is in the wrong place in advance. Wanted to share with tennis fans how great a day it was to walk around the Open and sit 5 feet away from the players as they practiced in Loius Armstrong and on the Grandstand Court. Saw Hennman with Muarry, Roddick with Isner, Baghdatis with Gonzo, Nadal with Feliciano Lopez. They all would hit for about 20 minutes and then play a set. It was great. Saw Ivanovic practice. Very hot. Saw Jankovic with her hitting partner. She was awesome and alot of fun. Her body is smokeing. All this was free. Amazing time reccomended to anyone close to NYC. :D

By the way all the players were great to the kids and signed autographs. Connors is the biggest asshole.

thanks a lot for this info. i'm going tomorrow. hopefully i'll get to see some players upclose. were there a lot of people? what are the chances of me getting an autograph from someone? thanks again.

IDJ49
08-24-2007, 03:20 AM
You serious?

Yes. I'm surprised I missed John Isner though so I could be wrong. I won't know until the morning.

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:21 AM

You are wrong, here is a quote from this article (thanks to Eden) : http://www.amny.com/sports/am-nalb0823,0,1516138.story

--
"I'm very healthy. If I play a good U.S. Open, then I feel I can be almost top 10, top 15 in the end of the year."

Nalbandian, who asked a translator on the call only once for help with his English, arrives in New York Thursday, like most players.
--

The article also says he was practicing in Boca Raton on Tuesday.

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Actualy I did see Nalbandian practiceing at the concession stand in a hot dog eating contest. He looked in top form.

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:23 AM
Actualy I did see Nalbandian practiceing at the concession stand in a hot dog eating contest. He looked in top form.

:armed:

IDJ49
08-24-2007, 03:23 AM
You are wrong, here is a quote from this article (thanks to Eden) : http://www.amny.com/sports/am-nalb0823,0,1516138.story

--
"I'm very healthy. If I play a good U.S. Open, then I feel I can be almost top 10, top 15 in the end of the year."

Nalbandian, who asked a translator on the call only once for help with his English, arrives in New York Thursday, like most players.
--

The article also says he was practicing in Boca Raton on Tuesday.

He may be in NY but he hasn't arrived at the US Open. Like I said previously I could be wrong but I am 99.9% sure that he has not arrived.

Marek.
08-24-2007, 03:24 AM
At least he has been practicing somewhere. I think he can get to at least the fourth round here.

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
thanks a lot for this info. i'm going tomorrow. hopefully i'll get to see some players upclose. were there a lot of people? what are the chances of me getting an autograph from someone? thanks again.

Trust me you will see everyone up close. It's hard to get an autograph as an adult. Kids usually get first autographs and the players don't wanna stay on the court too long and bother the next persons practice session. They get an hour and then change over. Got an autograph from Gonzo, he walked by me, i turned said hello wished him luck and he signed a ball for me.

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:27 AM
He may be in NY but he hasn't arrived at the US Open. Like I said previously I could be wrong but I am 99.9% sure that he has not arrived.

You mean he is there but he is not yet at Flushing Meadows ?

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:28 AM
:armed:

Sorry Bro, couldn't resist. I like Dave and root for him against most players.:D

Viken01
08-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Sorry Bro, couldn't resist. I like Dave and root for him against most players.:D

I know, you don't look like a nalby hater ;)

At least he has been practicing somewhere. I think he can get to at least the fourth round here.

Well there is a potential 2nd round against Malisse and 3rd Round against Ferrer so we will see if he can reach the 4th round ;)

EternalxJourney
08-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Trust me you will see everyone up close. It's hard to get an autograph as an adult. Kids usually get first autographs and the players don't wanna stay on the court too long and bother the next persons practice session. They get an hour and then change over. Got an autograph from Gonzo, he walked by me, i turned said hello wished him luck and he signed a ball for me.

that sounds lovely. do they have a player's practice schedule posted somewhere? or do you just have to count on your luck to meet your favorites? i wanna make an attempt to catch a glimpse of gasquet if he's available.

Mariana_lcf
08-24-2007, 03:40 AM
if u see gasquet please take pictures!!

Magus13
08-24-2007, 03:43 AM
that sounds lovely. do they have a player's practice schedule posted somewhere? or do you just have to count on your luck to meet your favorites? i wanna make an attempt to catch a glimpse of gasquet if he's available.

No schedule. That's the beauty of it. You're sitting there watching Baghdatis and Gonzo and as their hour winds down Roddick and Isner walk onto the court. Each hour brings out a great player, you just don't know who.

EternalxJourney
08-24-2007, 04:24 AM
if u see gasquet please take pictures!!

i will do what i can. hopefully richard is there...i really want to see him before leaving for college.

No schedule. That's the beauty of it. You're sitting there watching Baghdatis and Gonzo and as their hour winds down Roddick and Isner walk onto the court. Each hour brings out a great player, you just don't know who.

alrighty then. thanks.

Xristos
08-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Pics or ducktales.

Allure
08-24-2007, 05:31 AM
i will do what i can. hopefully richard is there...i really want to see him before leaving for college.

alrighty then. thanks.

I want to see him while I'm still IN college. :o

markd
08-24-2007, 05:40 AM
It's a great time of year to live in NYC. Last night I was walking home ( I live in the village) and Tommy Haas was walking up my block with a couple of friends, a very non tennis looking couple (man and woman). and I've got to say...the guy is really good looking, like model handsome. Just fun to see someone like that walking around very much not being noticed.

EternalxJourney
08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
It's a great time of year to live in NYC. Last night I was walking home ( I live in the village) and Tommy Haas was walking up my block with a couple of friends, a very non tennis looking couple (man and woman). and I've got to say...the guy is really good looking, like model handsome. Just fun to see someone like that walking around very much not being noticed.

that sounds cool. too bad i live in Queens, a few blocks from the USTA, so i don't get to see too many players walking around unless i go to the stadium. most players stay in hotels in manhattan right?

Fee
08-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Yes, all of the tournament recommended hotels are on Lexington, and thereabouts. :)

IDJ49
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Just an FYI, I don't know who you saw Roddick hit with yesterday but it wasn't John Isner.