New Haven: Blake d. Calleri 3-6 7-6(2) 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Haven: Blake d. Calleri 3-6 7-6(2) 6-1

Adler
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
It seems nothing can stop him from playing more and more matches. Anyway, good win, a loss would be understandable

mrserenawilliams
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
:bounce: Nice to save MPs on the way to a win :yeah:

Keep winning the toughies :yeah: Maybe you can win your first 5 setter @ The Open this year :woohoo:

Grinder
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Calleri playing his best tennis and having 6-3 *5-4 40-0 and *6-5 still wasn't enough to put away a disinterested James. :haha:

Way to go James, thanks for taking out the trash.

Lee
At first I thought it's a repeat of Fish/Chucho match that another Argentine ate a bagel in the final set.

martine2
Gordo :help: You had MP in the 2nd set.... ( :sad: why does this sound so familiar...)

jasmin
08-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I wish blake would take a week off before a slam but maybe this is what he likes.

Anyhoo, I just knew he was losing. Dude was serving for the match but next time I looked Blake had won the 2nd set and was up 4/1 in the 3rd.

henree
08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Calleri playing his best tennis and having 6-3 *5-4 40-0 and *6-5 still wasn't enough to put away a disinterested James. :haha:

How did Calleri waste 3 match Points? :eek:

Action Jackson
08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Calleri funny guy, this was 2 tactical minds of the highest degree.

Rosa Luxembourg
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
crap. if not for bad sporstmanship, he'd have never won the match.

Action Jackson
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM

As for Calleri's best tennis you are exaggerating a bit aren't you? He hasn't played well for a while and as for Blake more drinks on town on with his boys.

Action Jackson
08-23-2007, 07:22 PM
The tennis equivalent of a Karpov and Kasparov chess match.

martine2
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
crap. if not for bad sporstmanship, he'd have never won the match.

:confused: what happened then? (didn't see the match)

Grinder
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
As for Calleri's best tennis you are exaggerating a bit aren't you? He hasn't played well for a while and as for Blake more drinks on town on with his boys.

Up until match point Gordo was playing amazing tennis. James really wasn't playing badly, he hitting backhand down the line winners at will. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised to see the third set result after Gordo choked the second away.

James had 40 winners and 27 UE's, Gordo's stats were somewhere around that, if not higher.

Action Jackson
08-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Up until match point Gordo was playing amazing tennis. James really wasn't playing badly, he hitting backhand down the line winners at will. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised to see the third set result after Gordo choked the second away.

Sounds like their Dusseldorf match where Calleri was beating him, then somehow Blake won and he didn't know how, well maybe that Koubek loss is still in Calleri's head.

Bad Religion
08-23-2007, 07:25 PM

I said the same on other forum minutes ago :lol:

Exactly, I said chess match in tennis version

Rosa Luxembourg
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM
:confused: what happened then? (didn't see the match)

pushing Calleri's buttons in any way he could until he got what he needed... And then when the match was over trying to pretend he is a nice guy. Revolting. I disguise him.

And that jblock is nothing but a way to gain an advantage over opponents as most players do get rattled when those idiots cheer on serve faults, ue.

Clara Bow
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Calleri was all miffed at the net. What was that about?

dylan24
08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
how many mps did calleri blow today
guy is number one in blowing mps
what a fucking tool

WF4EVER
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
James was pretty much deadweight out there for most of that match. He wasn't moving, didn't seem inspired. Even when he was coming back he wouldn't even pump himself up. I was hoping he'd lose so he could get some rest for the Open but he never gave up.

Good job, James.

groundstroke
08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Good to see Blake playing & winning after being hammered by Federer, once again.

Yappa
08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
3 mps in a row at serve? :eek:

pushing Calleri's buttons in any way he could until he got what he needed...

For example?

Voo de Mar
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Incredible James - the most amazing win in your career so far :worship:
I'd like to riks a thesis that Calleri is the biggest choker on the tour.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Gordo what a choker machine :o

How many big chokes has in his carrer?

Voo de Mar has the answer 4 sure... :devil:

madmanfool
08-23-2007, 08:19 PM
poor Blake, he tried so hard to tank this match so he could go on and prepare for the usopen ,but that Calleri just wouldn't stop choking

Henry Chinaski
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Calleri had won 30 of 31 points behind his 1st serve when he had those match points.

Voo de Mar
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Gordo what a choker machine :o

How many big chokes has in his carrer?

Voo de Mar has the answer 4 sure... :devil:

:wavey:
I don't know how many big chokes but according to my stats he has lost 9th match after wasting MP (won only 1 after saving MP). And he has 2-10 in five-setters. This is extremely poor stats from psychological point of view :o What is worst, he lost two amazing matches (Koubek, Blake) in a short period of time, what is in spite of probability.

WF4EVER
08-23-2007, 08:32 PM
pushing Calleri's buttons in any way he could until he got what he needed... And then when the match was over trying to pretend he is a nice guy. Revolting. I disguise him.

And that jblock is nothing but a way to gain an advantage over opponents as most players do get rattled when those idiots cheer on serve faults, ue.

That's bullshit.

What did James do to push Calleri's buttons?

You started another thread ragging on Jblock and that's fine but you're acting like they are 5-year-olds and James is responsible for their behaviour.

What are you, racist or just prejudiced?

That is crap.

James hardly acted like he had any energy out there. He was let back into that match mostly because Calleri is a mental midget who couldn't convert a 40-0 lead at 5-4 in the second set to win the match.

James and Jblock had nothing to do with it.

henree
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
poor Blake, he tried so hard to tank this match so he could go on and prepare for the usopen ,but that Calleri just wouldn't stop choking

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WF4EVER
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM

I am so inclined to agree with you. James loked like he could barely keep it together out there but once Calleri let him back into the match he actually started trying to win.

I didn't see him pump his fist once, celebrate his resurgence in any way. The only thing James said was "Too good" on some of Calleri's shots: I was convinced he didn't want to win. Then he suddenly starts playing like he's not giving up and he won.

It's not like Calleri is not a reputed choker. How much does it really take for a choker to choke? Blaming James or his fans is the lamest excuse possible.

JBdV
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM

What as?

dylan24
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
calling calleri a mental midget is an undestatement.
midget is greater than 0 in size.
calleri mental skills would rate in negative level...

NYCtennisfan
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM

:lol:

CyBorg
08-23-2007, 09:04 PM

:haha:

tangerine_dream
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Why did you dress disguised as him? :confused:

:haha: :baby: I'll bet you're a big fan of Stepanek. :D

The Freak
08-23-2007, 09:06 PM

Classic. :haha: :haha:
Anyways Congrats James. :worship:

Voo de Mar
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM
"It's an unbelievable feeling. It really helps my confidence to know that no matter what the score is, I can come back and play some of my best tennis, keep it going and round out that third set."

And this said a guy who is almost 28 :lol: He has been waiting 142 ATP tournaments for a win like this. But better late than never :p

jonny84
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
:yeah: James!

Now win the tournament!

ChinoRios4Ever
08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
:wavey:
I don't know how many big chokes but according to my stats he has lost 9th match after wasting MP (won only 1 after saving MP). And he has 2-10 in five-setters. This is extremely poor stats from psychological point of view :o What is worst, he lost two amazing matches (Koubek, Blake) in a short period of time, what is in spite of probability.

For sure his biggest choke was Buenos Aires 2002 Final, leading 6-2 *5-2 40-15 against an injuried Massu at home with 5000 people cheering for him... :o

Voo de Mar
08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
For sure his biggest choke was Buenos Aires 2002 Final, leading 6-2 *5-2 40-15 against an injuried Massu at home with 5000 people cheering for him... :o

Yeah, that BA loss plus these two matches this year (Koubek, Blake) make from Calleri a mega-choke-legend :devil:

ReturnWinner
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
another choke by cagonlleri the master choke always shitting his pants, i think he has been become the worst choker in the atp tour

the worst thing i am not surprised

Marek.
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Before this summer Blake had never come from MP down and now he's done it twice.:eek:

I think he'll win a five setter at the USO this year.

ReturnWinner
08-23-2007, 10:28 PM
that shows how hyper mega choker Cagonlleri is

Before this summer Blake had never come from MP down and now he's done it twice.:eek:

Merton
08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
That was the confrontation of the grandmasters, two of the most acute minds in the game. Gordo's choke was quite spectacular but I am not sure why James still hangs around in this tournament.

+alonso
08-24-2007, 12:08 AM
OMFG! I left the match at 6-6 [after Calleri had wasted 3 MPS and served for match twice] and I had hopes in Calleri winning 6-3 7-6.
Sadly It was not like I thought.

BAD BAAD BAAD LOSS AGUSTÍN! :o

goodwoman
08-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Well, he played five sets today and won! You might be right.

Voo de Mar
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Calleri loses a game at 5:4 despite triple match point on serve, having 30 out of 31 winning points after 1st serve in:D

KLTVB9dW-Gs

Nathaliia
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
painful to watch

Byrd
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Wtf Voo....

Enjoy Incubus
04-15-2008, 10:54 PM
For christ sake, how on earth a human being could be a fan of this choker?

krakenzero
04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I wonder how the "Statistical tribute to Agustin Calleri" will be... Voo de Mar, what do you think??

Voo de Mar
04-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I wonder how the "Statistical tribute to Agustin Calleri" will be... Voo de Mar, what do you think??

It'll be a thread full of Calleri's painful defeats like this one ;)

Burrow
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
A guy who could've done a hell of a lot more, could have done serious damage at the French Open over all these years but hardly done a thing.

Sjengster
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't know, it could also well be a thread about his big wins over top players where he submerged them beneath a deluge of winners. He ended Agassi's 20-match winning streak in Miami, destroyed Ferrero when he was world no. 1 in Spain on clay and handed Hewitt his earliest defeat at the US Open, what, ever? It was the first time Hewitt failed to reach at least the quarters since 1999.

alfonsojose
04-15-2008, 11:51 PM
:sobbing: This match made me cry on the inside.

Beautiful backhand, nice butt. :shrug:

Pretty face, amazing legs :drool: :yeah:

Henry Chinaski
04-15-2008, 11:54 PM
For christ sake, how on earth a human being could be a fan of this choker?

to choke is human

Sjengster
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
to choke is human

To forgive, is fine.

Henry Chinaski
04-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Gordo will have the last laugh when he defeats Nadal 0-6, 0-6, 7-6,7-6, 21-19 (saving 27 match points) to clinch the Davis Cup later this year.

Lee
04-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Beautiful backhand, nice butt. :shrug:

He's the best looking Argentine of all time for me :p The infatuation last about 6 months :angel:

Snowwy
04-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I looooooooove the annoucersat 40-0..."No nerves finishing this one out for the Argentine"

Voo de Mar
04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Some of you like to express own homosexuality even when the issue is "Calleri chokes badly" :haha:

Caio_Brasil
04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
what's the point on bumping this? :shrug:

vamos Gordo win Houston

Voo de Mar
04-16-2008, 12:41 AM
what's the point on bumping this? :shrug:

I had found this clip today randomly and thought it could be interesting to watch because it doesn't happen often to lose a match having triple match point on serve. It's more interesting because Blake out of norwhere won this match and three matches later the whole tournament. IMO this win is one of the most amazing triumphs in this decade. Look at Blake's facial expression at 1st match point - he was a loser, he didn't believe, he'd never won a match from such a difficult position, and suddenly everything has changed.

Caio_Brasil
04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
hum, I didn't know that this video hasn't been posted yet...

jcempire
04-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Amazing !!!

I got my memory back

That's just a perfect Match for his's Career

Voo de Mar
04-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I agree, perhaps homosexuality and choking should never go together.

:aplot:

Lee
04-16-2008, 01:10 AM

:spit:

:o I almost choke. :haha:

Sunset of Age
04-16-2008, 01:17 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

J'torian does it again. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Enjoy Incubus
04-16-2008, 01:24 AM
To choke is human. To forgive is fine. To be a cagon is unforgivable ;)

GustavoM_Fan
04-16-2008, 01:25 AM
:bowdown:

Kitty de Sade
04-16-2008, 01:32 AM
He's the best looking Argentine of all time for me :p The infatuation last about 6 months :angel:

It's impossible to list the best looking Argentine, IMO, although Gordo is pretty killer. He beat up on my future ex-husband today, so he's even higher on the list than before. :p

Athletes (in addition to Gordo), models, actors/actresses, etc.- I'm convinced that some of the most beautiful people on earth come from Argentina. I couldn't pick just one. ;)

Corey Feldman
04-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Anything more annoying than the J-Block?? i mean really, these frat boy fags and their matching t-shirts and shades with the usual groupie blonde ho cheerleading at the side :lol:

if i was Calleri i'd have ran up there and cracked some heads with my racquet

Blake is a fraud as well, if he really didnt approve of them he'd tell them to stay home.

Corey Feldman
04-16-2008, 02:18 AM
I looooooooove the annoucersat 40-0..."No nerves finishing this one out for the Argentine"
So its not just MTF that has these jinxers ;)

tangerine_dream
04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Calleri loses a game at 5:4 despite triple match point on serve, having 30 out of 31 winning points after 1st serve in:D

KLTVB9dW-Gs
Love it. I remember this match, still have it on DVD, it was James' first great comeback. It was such a bizarre match too because this was at James' home tournament and he was in such a foul mood the entire time, he didn't once look like he cared about the match one whit, had the whole loser body language going the entire time, the crowd didn't know how to react. Then Calleri started pissing James off by taking his sweet time between points and giving him dirty looks, and the J-Block started acting up, and that was enough to fire James up and get him back into the match to win it in three. :worship: They were both still jawing at one another throughout the third set and even after the handshake.

fhiriburu
04-16-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm convinced that some of the most beautiful people on earth come from Argentina. I couldn't pick just one. ;)

Agree

VolandriFan
04-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Gordo :rolleyes:

What, New Haven isn't on? :p

SwiSha
04-16-2008, 03:18 AM
James Blake is the biggest pussy and fraud in american tennis history

RickDaStick
05-16-2008, 09:15 PM
The funny thing here is this wasn't even Calleri's biggest choke of last summer. In cincy vs Kohlschreiber, he missed an easy smash a few feet away from the net on match point( much like the John Isner one in Washington seen here http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7MQQ34Z1TU) . His coached walked out of the stadium cussing like crazy and kicking the fence and thrash can right outside the court

Voo de Mar
05-16-2008, 09:25 PM
The funny thing here is this wasn't even Calleri's biggest choke of last summer. In cincy vs Kohlschreiber, he missed an easy smash a few feet away from the net on match point( much like the John Isner one in Washington seen here http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7MQQ34Z1TU) . His coached walked out of the stadium cussing like crazy and kicking the fence and thrash can right outside the court

Calleri last year lost 3 matches after wasting MP within 4 consecutive tournaments (Sopot, Cincinati, New Haven). Suprisingly it isn't the worst MP-wasted series. Clement in 2001 lost MP-matches in three consecutive indoor tournaments and lost a match being two points away from victory in the 4th :)