Us Open 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Us Open 2007

Marine
08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't know if this thread will last a long time, it will depend on arnaud (and micka too...lol)

Single draw:

First round: ARNAUD / IVO KARLOVIC
Second round: ARNAUD / MASSU or JOHANSSON
Third round: ARNAUD / RODDICK...

Any reporter from Flushing Meadow ?

Via
08-22-2007, 11:24 PM
you are so positive, dear! 3 rounds of possibilities.......... :worship:

Marine
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Via, I've noticed you're now more pessimistic (and sarcastic) than me.

I hope micka's wife won't give birth to their second child during the us open, otherwise he would be able to take the first flight for france, and bye bye the double !

Hangdog
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
you are so positive, dear! 3 rounds of possibilities.......... :worship:
Since Arnaud seems to leave his habit of first round losses alone (touch wood) I suppose we may keep some positive hopes...

In general, considering the fact Arnaud is not a seeded player the draw is not too bad. Good luck.

Via
08-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Via, I've noticed you're now more pessimistic (and sarcastic) than me.

I hope micka's wife won't give birth to their second child during the us open, otherwise he would be able to take the first flight for france, and bye bye the double !

i appreciate your draw list, but my feelings are based on facts...

karlovic - 1-1 this year on grass, but arnaud doesn't like us hard courts as much as grass. i think ivo should be slightly favoured
johansson - again 1-1 this year, arnaud won on grass, but johansson at washington, arnaud pretty poorly at the end
massu - unfortunately i think i can count him out!
roddick - any need for stats?.... roddick only stoppable by a selected few, at his home country's grand slam

i agree this is not a bad draw... though why on earth do they give federer all the qualies? lol.... but the real big challenge comes at 3rd round, so i hope too that he has lost his first round loser habit, and will do the best he can.

Marine
08-24-2007, 12:42 AM
i appreciate your draw list, but my feelings are based on facts...

My draw list was only the players he could play if... I just wrote his draw, it doesn't mean I'm he will win.
If you only see the statistics, so why does he play since he will lose ??

Via
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
he plays because he hopes to win, it has nothing to do with what chances others place on it.

again i am thanking you for the draw, i'm not saying you're wrong to list it, but no i don't rate his chances highly, i guess you have to accept that.

higherlaw
08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
hey, if fish can beat ivo on hard court, maybe there's hope?

Via
08-27-2007, 12:10 AM
arnaud and mika are playing as promised...

Arnaud Clement FRA (7)
Michael Llodra FRA (7)
vs.
Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Stefan Koubek AUT

i should be more positive about them progressing to 2nd round in doubles, but since i'm too lazy to cut and paste the rest of the draw :p so

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/md/r1s2.html

Hangdog
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Arnaud! :worship:

Surprisingly the end of the match was shown on our TV. A really great tennis from Arnaud, some shots were absolutely fantastic. Those 5 saved set-points in the end of the forth set were incredible, such a pity he had to lose that set after all. The guy was running for every ball and was showing a good net game, not always successful though. Sometimes there was an impression Arnaud is so sure he is going to win this encounter and the question only is how soon it will happen lol
Ivo and the frequency he was serving his aces were absolutely shocking sometimes :eek: But fortunately he was making faults rather often as well, and the umpire wasn't his stand-by, too :rolleyes:

As it was predicted the next is Johansson, but hope Arnaud is not too exhausted after a battle like this. ALLEEEZ :bounce:

arnaud and mika are playing as promised...

Arnaud Clement FRA (7)
Michael Llodra FRA (7)
vs.
Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Stefan Koubek AUT
Might be not easy, by the way.

Marine
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for ur report and your enthousiasm, it's been a while I haven't seen someone as sby his satisfied by his game! :)

He was really happy too... http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2007/?id=3033

Via
08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
i'll put the scores up for the record, us open first round,

1 2 3 4 5
(32) Ivo Karlovic Croatia 65 4 6 78 4
Arnaud Clement France 77 6 4 66 6

:worship: proved me wrong! that probably settled the score with good foe ivo for this year. arnaud the winner, 2-1.

johansson didn't look too convincing beating massu in their match, so, maybe arnaud will again take revenge, and make me eat my predictions.

Marine
08-28-2007, 11:57 PM
The comments about the match are quite good on General messages.
Especially this one :
"Some of Clement's return winners off of Karlovic's serve were just unreal." (Allegretto) ;)

Via
08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
yes i've just been there http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108948

nice to read all those comments from ivo's fans! lol

Marine
08-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Video's itw (4 min) http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/index.html
cutie :angel:

kukka
08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I was so happy (and surprised) that Eurosport showed the end of Arnaud's match (from 4-4 in the 4th set). I think our French guy played very well. Ivo was too erratic in his game.

Allez Arnaud!!!

Elina :umbrella:

Via
08-29-2007, 12:59 PM
saumon's posted this on general/funny photos:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5228/capt00016b0ab435409f984rr3.jpg

has anyone seen it? :lol: nothing's too ridiculous for him.

btw the yahoo player's gallery is working once more. for more pics, see http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/7/photos

higherlaw
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
:wavey: thanks marine, via, kukka and hangdog for this stuff--love it!

Thanks for ur report and your enthousiasm, it's been a while I haven't seen someone as sby his satisfied by his game! :)

can you clarify here: does he say he hasn't gotten past the first round in a grand slam this year or has only one one match in a grand slam this year.:confused: merci!

**arnaud is named usopen.org player of the day!! http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/playerday/index.html
love the last line!!**

Hangdog
08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
:wavey: thanks marine, via, kukka and hangdog for this stuff--love it!
Thanks for ur report and your enthousiasm, it's been a while I haven't seen someone as sby his satisfied by his game!

can you clarify here: does he say he hasn't gotten past the first round in a grand slam this year or has only one one match in a grand slam this year.:confused: merci!

**arnaud is named usopen.org player of the day!! http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/playerday/index.html
love the last line!!**
I think he said he's got to win the only match at Grand Slams :scratch:

Glad to see Arnaud is a player of the day. He did deserve the title :)

johansson didn't look too convincing beating massu in their match, so, maybe arnaud will again take revenge, and make me eat my predictions.
Here is the L'Equipe's text version of the higher mentioned audio interview. The same stuff but in the other words, plus a few phrases about the upcoming match:

"C'était très bien ! Cette victoire me fait plaisir pour plein de raisons : parce que c'est un Grand Chelem et que perdre au premier tour ce n'est jamais agréable, parce que c'était contre un mec qui joue très bien, parce que c'était en cinq sets et parce qu'ai eu, je trouve, une bonne attitude. J'ai attaqué le cinquième set très, très agressivement, je me sentais très bien et lui était peut-être un peu plus fatigué à ce moment-là. J'ai trouvé que mon cinquième set était le meilleur du match. Au prochain tour, je retrouve Thomas Johansson. Je l'ai joué à Washington, j'avais perdu, mais ce n'est pas très grave parce que j'ai maintenant beaucoup plus d'entraînement derrière moi. Je suis en confiance et il a un style qui me convient, alors, on verra bien !"

He says the loss in Washington doesn't matter because now he is prepared a way better. Arnaud says he is really confident and Johansson's game suits him well, so such a prospect of the second round looks good for him.

I also love his "perdre au premier tour ce n'est jamais agréable" ;) You see, he's finally got it! :devil:
Video's itw (4 min) http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/index.html
cutie :angel:
Indeed :angel: Thank you, Marine!
btw the yahoo player's gallery is working once more. for more pics, see http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/7/photos
Thanks for the gallery link! On TV screen his bandana, glasses and beard look more "agréable" lol

Marine
08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070828/capt.00016b0ab435409f98418a1b59e07cbc.us_open_tenn is_uso130.jpg

:lol: if it helps him to win...

Via
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I also love his "perdre au premier tour ce n'est jamais agréable" ;) You see, he's finally got it! :devil:

:haha: was it more agréable previously? :devil:

on verra, arnaud :p bonne chance

btw arnaud/mika won the doubles 63 63. easy scoreline.

Via
08-30-2007, 11:19 PM
arnaud and thomas j. are locked in battle right now... arnaud lost the first two sets :( arnaud won the 3rd and now 2-2 in 4th .... :unsure:

higherlaw
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
arnaud and thomas j. are locked in battle right now... arnaud lost the first two sets :( arnaud won the 3rd and now 2-2 in 4th .... :unsure:

you can listen on usopen radio: www.usopen.org/en_US/news/media/radio.html

wonder if there is a live video feed?

Via
08-30-2007, 11:32 PM
:wavey: higherlaw

JBdV
08-30-2007, 11:33 PM
you can listen on usopen radio: www.usopen.org/en_US/news/media/radio.html

wonder if there is a live video feed?

Try this: http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-eurosport.html

higherlaw
08-30-2007, 11:38 PM
:wavey: higherlaw :wavey: via

Try this: http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-eurosport.html

thanks! not working for me! maybe requires windows.

Via
08-30-2007, 11:58 PM
:scared:

:sad: lost 4th set tie breaker

higherlaw
08-31-2007, 12:02 AM
got the live feed just in time to see him lose...as usual, onward to doubles!

Via
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
guess that's the way to look at it... he's gone one better than i thought, i have no complaint :shrug:

we might get a match report here but it is not gonna look good :o

higherlaw
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I think he said he's got to win the only match at Grand Slams :scratch:

thanks so much! yikes! did i say "one one"? i meant "won one" duh! (all that sorting out the french made my brain hurt!):smash:

Hangdog
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, again I have somehow got a chance to watch Arnaud's match (3rd and 4th sets), so yes, here is the report.
Fortunately, just before I had enjoyed Seb who was finally playing his great tennis again :angel: So I was in a really good mood that couldn't be spoilt even by the look of angry Arnaud :p But if I were at the stands I'd probably have no fun and say it was one of the worst matches I've ever seen.

During the 3rd set Arnaud was driving mad, cursing, talking to his racquet, his shoes and balls and waving with his hands almost as much as hitting the ball :rolleyes: Also from the very beginning it was clear he hasn't fully recovered after the previous battle.
First noticeable moment was at 2*-3 in the set and 15-15 at Arnaud's serve. He made a double fault and firstly just like murmured something and went to serve the other time. But suddenly he stopped and began complaining and gesticulating and then even made a promenade to the umpire's chair and back – still keeping talking to himself something about two balls (fortunately for my ears it wasn't clear lol). Finally he took his serve and even made a break in the next game but then didn't manage to win a point at his own serve.

After all it came to the tie-break and 5-3 for ToJo when Arnaud finally woke up and began playing good tennis. But at 5-5 ToJo cheered up too and those last points very indeed impressing. At 6*-7 Arnaud served an ace, linesman thought it's ok but the chair umpire said it was out :(
Arnaud's reaction on that is very well described in L'Equipe: "Qui à dit, et à qui, «t'es vraiment un débile, t'es vraiment un mongol, tu la fermes ta g..., maintenant» ? Tic tac, tic tac, tic tac... Votre langue au chat ? Arnaud Clément à l'arbitre, quand ce dernier n'a pas overrulé sa première balle de service qui était clairement bonne". (Who said and whom, «you are a true moron, will you shut up now»? Tick-tock, tick-tock… Give up? A.C. to the umpire when the last one didn't accept his first serve which was clearly in).

Well, in the end Arnaud put his things altogether and took the set. Noticeably, according the screen stats it was the first (out of 13) tie-break ToJo lost this year.
Somewhere in the second half of the last set Arnaud almost stopped fighting on ToJo's serve and no wonder lost the tie-break as well. Though it's necessary to admit that ToJo's serve was great at the important points. In the end of the match, just before the tie-break, he served 3 or even 4 aces in a row.

Also there was a funny moment when Arnaud turned to a ballboy saying "Allez, allez" and the boy gave him a ball. But Arnaud dropped it out and let him know in some French words that he needs a towel. And the other time when Arnaud turned to that boy the last one rushed to him with a towel and Arnaud was like "Non, les balles!" :haha: Interesting that after the match Arnaud wasn't ignoring everyone around as he often does after matches like this but kept talking and even was telling something to the kids behind his chair who were asking for an autograph or something.

As usually there is an audio interview on the FFT page: http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2007/?id=3033.

In short, Arnaud says he is a bit disappointed to be stopped in the second round, but not too much because he played a good match, did his best and lost to a good player. He hopes that in the next Grand Slam it will also be like that, that he plays a good tennis and against guys of that level and that the draw will be a bit better. "Je suis confiant pour la suite" (hello to Eurosport commentators :p ).

Now, allez les gars!

Marine
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank you very much Irina, great report ! :worship:
I didn't see anything unfortunatly ...

talking to his racquet, his shoes and balls
:lol:

Arnaud's reaction on that is very well described in L'Equipe: "Qui à dit, et à qui, «t'es vraiment un débile, t'es vraiment un mongol, tu la fermes ta g..., maintenant» ? Tic tac, tic tac, tic tac... Votre langue au chat ? Arnaud Clément à l'arbitre
I would have loved to see that ! :lol:
Thanks God the "mongol" didn't understand. LOL

Also there was a funny moment when Arnaud turned to a ballboy saying "Allez, allez" and the boy gave him a ball. But Arnaud dropped it out and let him know in some French words that he needs a towel. And the other time when Arnaud turned to that boy the last one rushed to him with a towel and Arnaud was like "Non, les balles!"

:haha:

what a shame, however the organisators had said to arnaud all the ballkids were learning french at school !!!

I dunno... now arnaud has some time to spend in NYC (lost in single/still play in double), should he learn to say "serviette" in english (towel) or should he teach some basic french to the ballkids ? :confused:

higherlaw
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
:worship: thanks, for the report. the way you explained it was great! why does he have to be so annoying on the court? well, that is the eternal question! however...i came home to see that arnaud and micka have lost to two unknowns in doubles--those kids must be thrilled to have beaten the wimby champs! but what the heck happened??

benneteau and mahut won again today!

Via
08-31-2007, 11:50 PM
:worship: what a great report, thanks so much!!! :hug:

he truly was embarrassing :o you can even say that's gamesmanship (ala johnny mac) when he challenged his 'ace', since arguably tojo got distracted and lost that 3rd set tiebreak.

i'm not sure i want to see how he goes at the next grand slam :help:

yes he and mika have lost in the doubles now, to two americans who aren't quite the bryan brothers ... irina may be right, the 5 setter with ivo might have taken a lot out of him, you know he's that shaky old man *insert smiley* so now, they can both go home early.

(maybe he should join mika at bangkok, it's a great place for a holiday, thai people are very nice, they will respond to his madness with all smiles)

higherlaw
09-01-2007, 12:18 AM
i'm not sure i want to see how he goes at the next grand slam :help:

(maybe he should join mika at bangkok, it's a great place for a holiday, thai people are very nice, they will respond to his madness with all smiles)

wow, the next slam is AO (already :cool: )

yeah, going to bangkok is a good idea! but for micka? when is his baby due?

so, upcoming is metz and stockholm in october. that's a long wait... oh no, what will we discuss??:haha:

Truc
09-01-2007, 08:11 AM
I've read Mika's baby is due in the next 10 days, I doubt he will play the next events.I would have loved to see that ! :lol:
Thanks God the "mongol" didn't understand. LOLOn the FFT website, somebody complained about Arnaud's attitude too and says that the chair umpire was French. But it's just an e-mail sent by an user, not a real match report, I don't know if it's true. I can't believe he would say "mongol" to a French umpire...
("Durant le tie break du 3eme, en raison de balles litigieuses, il s'est permis d'insulter de façon violente l'arbitre qui par ailleurs est français, le laissant presque sans réaction devant le public americain (qui pour l'essentiel ne comprend pas ce qui se dit entre les 2 hommes)." http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2007/)

Marine
09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Depuis quand un arbitre français peut arbitrer un joueur français ? :confused:
Si vraiment c'était le cas, je suis étonnée qu'il lui ait pas infligé un point de pénalité, car oui il y a été fort...

Via
09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
i hope i won't sound too rude... or too silly... but isn't 'mongol' someone from mongolia? :lol:

thanks for the update truc, i constantly forget when babies are due... (i have a cousin who's ready to give birth any minute right now) so then mika is unlikely to be anywhere far from home in the next few weeks.

a certain regular poster here will be at stockholm to see the frenchies :bounce: so we will have lots to talk about soon! ;)

higherlaw
09-01-2007, 11:43 PM
I've read Mika's baby is due in the next 10 days, I doubt he will play the next events.On the FFT website, somebody complained about Arnaud's attitude too and says that the chair umpire was French. But it's just an e-mail sent by an user, not a real match report, I don't know if it's true. I can't believe he would say "mongol" to a French umpire...
("Durant le tie break du 3eme, en raison de balles litigieuses, il s'est permis d'insulter de façon violente l'arbitre qui par ailleurs est français, le laissant presque sans réaction devant le public americain (qui pour l'essentiel ne comprend pas ce qui se dit entre les 2 hommes)." http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2007/)

i heard andy roddick tell the ump that he was an idiot and was really bad at his job!

check out this blog, it calls arnaud 'agreeeable':
TUESDAY, Aug. 28:

NEW YORK — The first two days at a Grand Slam tennis tournament are as busy as a sporting event comes, what with dozens of men's and women's singles and doubles matches from morning till, occasionally, past midnight. Sometimes there just isn't room for everyone.

There literally wasn't a room Tuesday at the U.S. Open for French veteran Arnaud Clement and reporters to discuss his four-hour, five-set victory over 32nd-seeded Ivo Karlovic.

The agreeable Clement — best known for his run to the 2001 Australian Open final — hopped on a wooden shelf that's under some pay phones outside the interview rooms. He beckoned for questions. With mainly French media members crowding in front of him, radio microphones a couple of inches from his nose, Clement began speaking.

And then ... Ring! Ring! Ring! It was one of the pay phones. (Who even knew they still existed, in this day and age of cell phones?)

While the radio types frowned — their sound ruined for a moment — Clement smiled and picked up the yellow receiver. He chatted for a second, then set the handle down beside him on the shelf. Wrong number, presumably.

A half-minute later came that monotone "beep-beep-beep" sound that an off-the-hook telephone makes. Which elicited more frowns from the radio types, until a member of the pack hung it up, and the impromptu news conference could continue.

_ AP Tennis Writer Howard Fendrich

full article: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iVPk__94K5TRWZUtfY4PAKIYlPDA

i hope i won't sound too rude... or too silly... but isn't 'mongol' someone from mongolia? :lol:

thanks for the update truc, i constantly forget when babies are due... (i have a cousin who's ready to give birth any minute right now) so then mika is unlikely to be anywhere far from home in the next few weeks.

a certain regular poster here will be at stockholm to see the frenchies :bounce: so we will have lots to talk about soon! ;)

you!?!?!?!

stephB
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
In short, Arnaud says he is a bit disappointed to be stopped in the second round, but not too much because he played a good match, did his best and lost to a good player. He hopes that in the next Grand Slam it will also be like that, that he plays a good tennis and against guys of that level and that the draw will be a bit better. "Je suis confiant pour la suite" (hello to Eurosport commentators :p ).

Now, allez les gars!

well, next grand slam???? that would mean that he is not planning to stop? i´m confused now!!!!!:eek:

Kezzi
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm believing this and not the eurosport commentator :p
Saw a little of the match against Johansson too and Marcella Mesker was the commentator for Dutch Eurosport. She didn't say anything about Arnaud retiring, but she did mention Bruno a few times :D :hearts:
I guess that she would know if he quits, she's the tournament director in Scheveningen challenger, I guess that will give her access to a little 'inside information'.

And last year in Rosmalen someone from the player's desk also said it was Arnaud's last year and that also turned out to be false :)

Even if he would retire I'd still have hope that he will come back, Fred did too ;)

I'm doing my best to find a logical reason to prove the commentator at Ivo's match is wrong :p

Kezzi
09-02-2007, 10:33 AM

In Holland we use a similar word (mongool) and we use it for the people from Mongolia and also in the not so nice way :p

Marine
09-02-2007, 08:12 PM
well, next grand slam???? that would mean that he is not planning to stop? i´m confused now!!!!!:eek:

Why did you think he was going to stop his career ? :confused:
He never said he won't stop the next year...

Marine
09-02-2007, 08:26 PM
In Holland we use a similar word (mongool) and we use it for the people from Mongolia and also in the not so nice way :p

There are also 2 different senses in french.
1/ People from Mongolia
2/ Popular insult for people who're mentally handicapped, trisomic.

Via
09-03-2007, 12:14 AM
thanks everyone for your explanation of mongols, i suppose they aren't too popular in europe :p

you!?!?!?!

lol that ain't such a bad idea, is it? it would only be a day's travel for me, on a few connecting flights :lol: ;)

higherlaw
09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
There are also 2 different senses in french.
1/ People from Mongolia
2/ Popular insult for people who're mentally handicapped, trisomic.

that is such an outdated term for downs syndrome in the us and not very sensitive, you just never hear anyone use that!

thanks everyone for your explanation of mongols, i suppose they aren't too popular in europe :p

lol that ain't such a bad idea, is it? it would only be a day's travel for me, on a few connecting flights :lol: ;)

well then, who??

Hangdog
09-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I would have loved to see that ! :lol:
Thanks God the "mongol" didn't understand. LOL

On the FFT website, somebody complained about Arnaud's attitude too and says that the chair umpire was French. But it's just an e-mail sent by an user, not a real match report, I don't know if it's true. I can't believe he would say "mongol" to a French umpire...
I think the umpire was American. Our commentator did mention his name a few times during the translation, but I'm afraid I can't recollect it. I only remember he was described as one of 10 best tennis umpires.
The other thing is that Arnaud was negotiating with him in French. Though there were taking place Arnaud's monologs mainly, the umpire only said a few French phrases. But even if he didn't understand that about mongol I guess he still could catch the main idea.
i heard andy roddick tell the ump that he was an idiot and was really bad at his job!

check out this blog, it calls arnaud 'agreeeable':
I've happened to listen to monsieur Llodra speaking out to an umpire all his vocabulary of French curses. Umpire spoke no French so Micka had to calm down and repeat everything in English... So somehow I'm even not surpised to see Arnaud using the same methods.

Thanks for the article! A funny thing :)
:haha: I feel that you even have already prepared your list of questions to Arnaud lol
well then, who??
I'm afraid Via can't go to Stockholm, it's even not because of connecting flights but cuz she will freeze over there :p
As for me, I'm indeed going to be in the Swedish capital around the tournament dates. But I should tell you that our dear Via mixed it a bit, because it's France where I'm planning to see all kinds of Frenchies. And Stockholm is a place to escape from this crazy world, enjoy silence and calmness, feel the unity with nature, the touch of history, the spirit of ancient legends, see the poor colours of stone building and incredible lights in the sky, listen to the song of the sea and do many other things which have nothing in common with seeing petits annoying Frenchies. I am going to spend several hours at the tournament though but can't promise I'll get a lot of exciting stories to share. But still, Arnaud is better lose in Metz in the first rounds and come to Stockholm earlier lol

Via
09-04-2007, 12:27 AM
that is such an outdated term for downs syndrome in the us and not very sensitive, you just never hear anyone use that!

i don't think i've ever heard anyone say that in english. maybe in old movies perhaps.

I think the umpire was American. Our commentator did mention his name a few times during the translation, but I'm afraid I can't recollect it. I only remember he was described as one of 10 best tennis umpires.
The other thing is that Arnaud was negotiating with him in French. Though there were taking place Arnaud's monologs mainly, the umpire only said a few French phrases. But even if he didn't understand that about mongol I guess he still could catch the main idea.
that is, unless the umpire is as bright as Via :tape:

I've happened to listen to monsieur Llodra speaking out to an umpire all his vocabulary of French curses. Umpire spoke no French so Micka had to calm down and repeat everything in English... So somehow I'm even not surpised to see Arnaud using the same methods.
repeat everything in english? curses included? that llodra is good! lol

:haha: I feel that you even have already prepared your list of questions to Arnaud lol
not at all, but preparation is always a good thing... because if/when i bump into him, most of the :confused: will fly out of the mind, and i will go blank.

I'm afraid Via can't go to Stockholm, it's even not because of connecting flights but cuz she will freeze over there :p
As for me, I'm indeed going to be in the Swedish capital around the tournament dates. But I should tell you that our dear Via mixed it a bit, because it's France where I'm planning to see all kinds of Frenchies. And Stockholm is a place to escape from this crazy world, enjoy silence and calmness, feel the unity with nature, the touch of history, the spirit of ancient legends, see the poor colours of stone building and incredible lights in the sky, listen to the song of the sea and do many other things which have nothing in common with seeing petits annoying Frenchies. I am going to spend several hours at the tournament though but can't promise I'll get a lot of exciting stories to share. But still, Arnaud is better lose in Metz in the first rounds and come to Stockholm earlier lol

sounds like a woman in love :inlove:
petits annoying frenchies :haha: not enough to draw you away from your real love? on serra, on serra :lol:

kukka
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM

I have to see if I can sneak away from work and go to Stockholm for couple of days. I like the tourney a lot but haven't had a chance to go there since 2004. Most likely I could stay in Stockholm for Monday and Tuesday. I'll have to see what's the cheapest travel & accommodation package for that... :)

Elina

Hangdog
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Now, a month of offtopics? :cool:

repeat everything in english? curses included? that llodra is good! lol
Not really word-by-word, but he was trying hard lol

sounds like a woman in love :inlove:
petits annoying frenchies :haha: not enough to draw you away from your real love? on serra, on serra :lol:
Yes, totally lose my head there. Ok, let's wait and see..
I have to see if I can sneak away from work and go to Stockholm for couple of days. I like the tourney a lot but haven't had a chance to go there since 2004. Most likely I could stay in Stockholm for Monday and Tuesday. I'll have to see what's the cheapest travel & accommodation package for that... :)

Elina
Terve Elina :wavey: Yes, Monday and Tuesday at Sthlm is a great idea because you for sure can get to meet all the main draw players there these days. Though in general the schedule is odd. First rounds matches to be played from Sunday to Wednesday :rolleyes: I will probably be there on Monday, too.

higherlaw
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
i don't think i've ever heard anyone say that in english. maybe in old movies perhaps.

ask your parents or grandparents?

Now, a month of offtopics? :cool:

i think we should re-visit that thong discussion! lol

btw, your explanation of stockholm makes me what to go there!

Hangdog
09-05-2007, 08:51 PM
i think we should re-visit that thong discussion! lol

btw, your explanation of stockholm makes me what to go there!
Yepp lol Or (looking at your avatar) discuss younger Arnaud, I believe he was a nicer character several years ago. Or begin preparing altogether a list of questions we'd like to ask him :lol:

Glad to see a soulmate :wavey:

Kezzi
09-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Yepp lol Or (looking at your avatar) discuss younger Arnaud, I believe he was a nicer character several years ago. Or begin preparing altogether a list of questions we'd like to ask him :lol:

But then we'll have to decide who's going to ask all those questions and therefor will spend weeks together with Arnaud :p

I already see his face going :eek: and then a :cuckoo: sign to Bruno :lol:

higherlaw
09-08-2007, 01:17 PM

did you notice my last avatar; he was about 17 maybe? i wonder what his mother says to him about his antics? :eek:

i'm going to seriously research stockholm as a place to visit sometime.

kukka
09-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Terve Elina :wavey: Yes, Monday and Tuesday at Sthlm is a great idea because you for sure can get to meet all the main draw players there these days. Though in general the schedule is odd. First rounds matches to be played from Sunday to Wednesday :rolleyes: I will probably be there on Monday, too.

It looks like I can't make it to Stockholm this year. Too much work and too little extra money. I tried to look for traveling options but in the end I just had to admit that it's too difficult. It would have been nice to see Arnaud again and other top players, but maybe next year somewhere... :shrug:

Elina

higherlaw
09-20-2007, 04:24 PM
It looks like I can't make it to Stockholm this year. Too much work and too little extra money. I tried to look for traveling options but in the end I just had to admit that it's too difficult. It would have been nice to see Arnaud again and other top players, but maybe next year somewhere... :shrug:

Elina

Too bad!

Kezzi
09-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Elina
:awww:
:hug: for you!

Via
09-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Elina

what a shame! especially the 'Too much work and too little extra money' part! more work is supposed to earn us more money :sad:

hope you'll make it next year... and be rewarded in many other ways :wavey:

Via
09-23-2007, 08:58 AM

here's an update on mika... apparently he's turned up at bangkok, cos he's in the doubles draw! :eek: (and should be in the singles too, though that one hasn't yet come out)

Hangdog
09-24-2007, 09:26 PM
i'm going to seriously research stockholm as a place to visit sometime.
:yeah: :worship: And so if you want any pictures of this place... lol ;)

Elina
I'm really sorry to hear that! :sad: Well, I believe there should be a few travelling options which do not require so much money but maybe they are available only when you care about everything in advance. Have to admit that Sthlm is indeed an expensive city though I've never thought it can be a problem to get down there from Finland - so sorry again and better luck for the other time!!
more work is supposed to earn us more money :sad:

And for example here this rule almost never happens to work :lol:
here's an update on mika... apparently he's turned up at bangkok, cos he's in the doubles draw! :eek: (and should be in the singles too, though that one hasn't yet come out)
In fact Micka also played a Challenger in France last week! He doesn't seem to have such a relaxing time as Arnaud... And I have heard Micka's son was born in the middle of this month (congratulations! :) ).

higherlaw
09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
:yeah: :worship: And so if you want any pictures of this place... lol ;)

you know what (who) i want pictures of :devil: !!

Hangdog
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Hehe :)
But the (very) bad thing is that the tournament is indoors. And also practice courts are either fenced with the net or are behind the doors which are not supposed to be opened :rolleyes:

Via
09-25-2007, 11:00 PM
In fact Micka also played a Challenger in France last week! He doesn't seem to have such a relaxing time as Arnaud... And I have heard Micka's son was born in the middle of this month (congratulations! :) ).

hardly anyone has as relaxing a time as arnaud, except for those who are sick, injured etc.

is there such a thing as a sugar mummy, perhaps? :devil: :p

(bet you won't dare to ask him such a question :devil: )

congrats to mika, so the baby has been born and should be safe and well with the mother, so now he's gone off to make a few bucks to feed them. he's not a time waster lol

Marine
09-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I didn't have any info about micka's baby, thank for saying he's a boy, I even didn't know. His name ?

Truc
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Théo (or Téo?), I just found this on a blog about the Open d'Orléans last week, he says the baby is born the week before:

Vous venez d'être papa pour la 2ème fois.
De Téo, oui, qui est né mercredi de la semaine dernière. Il mange, il dort ; il mange, il dort. Tout va bien !
http://binoulie.skyrock.com/70.html

Marine
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Merci Truc.
Manon, Théo, c'est dans l'air du temps... j'aime bien en tout cas, même si c'est très classique.

Kezzi
09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Congrats Micka!
Hopefully there will be some cute pictures of them like the one where Manon wears a shirt that says 'J'aime mon papa'. Can't find it at the moment, but it's really cute :hearts:

Hangdog
09-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Théo (or Téo?), I just found this on a blog about the Open d'Orléans last week, he says the baby is born the week before:

Vous venez d'être papa pour la 2ème fois.
De Téo, oui, qui est né mercredi de la semaine dernière. Il mange, il dort ; il mange, il dort. Tout va bien !
http://binoulie.skyrock.com/70.html
Thanks for the info!
hardly anyone has as relaxing a time as arnaud, except for those who are sick, injured etc.

is there such a thing as a sugar mummy, perhaps? :devil: :p

(bet you won't dare to ask him such a question :devil: )

congrats to mika, so the baby has been born and should be safe and well with the mother, so now he's gone off to make a few bucks to feed them. he's not a time waster lol

Hey, be careful! You have already been betting it's going to be impossible to get any pictures from Hamburg doubles or where it was lol Though here I just see no sence to ask questions which most probably won't get any clear answer.

As for Arnaud the Timewaster, I won't be surprised if he goes for a title in Metz. It's the only case I want him to lose early and so come earlier to Stockholm - but as always in such cases it may happen otherwise...

:devil:

Via
09-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info!

Hey, be careful! You have already been betting it's going to be impossible to get any pictures from Hamburg doubles or where it was lol Though here I just see no sence to ask questions which most probably won't get any clear answer.

As for Arnaud the Timewaster, I won't be surprised if he goes for a title in Metz. It's the only case I want him to lose early and so come earlier to Stockholm - but as always in such cases it may happen otherwise...

:devil:

:confused:

of course i hope with all my heart that you'll be able to take all the pictures you want, and you know how much i admire your ability to open doors :p

as for asking questions, of course it's all a joke, as far as i'm concerned... i've known arnaud long enough to know that he won't answer any difficult questions. he's not the type to confide in anyone not in his immediate circle, i think i'm fair to say that.

higherlaw
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM

of course i hope with all my heart that you'll be able to take all the pictures you want, and you know how much i admire your ability to open doors :p

as for asking questions, of course it's all a joke, as far as i'm concerned... i've known arnaud long enough to know that he won't answer any difficult questions. he's not the type to confide in anyone not in his immediate circle, i think i'm fair to say that.

right, it is just somewhat mischief...unless someone really wants to try, i'm interested in the answers.

Hangdog
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Never mind, sorry.

And thanks for your good wishes :hug: Well, this time I'm going to be in a good company so I'd rather behave myself than wander around opening different doors lol Though I always get into some adventures :rolleyes:

And you sound like you've got an experience of asking Arnaud difficult questions lol That's interesting :p

Via
09-30-2007, 12:01 AM
And thanks for your good wishes :hug: Well, this time I'm going to be in a good company so I'd rather behave myself than wander around opening different doors lol Though I always get into some adventures :rolleyes:
i bet... (if you want to count on my betting) you will have more adventures than you plan for :wavey:

And you sound like you've got an experience of asking Arnaud difficult questions lol That's interesting :p
nah... definitely not as much as you... ;) but questions in english are in themselves, a difficult challenge already for him :lol: so you can say that i tested him every january.

Marine
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
nah... definitely not as much as you... ;) but questions in english are in themselves, a difficult challenge already for him :lol: so you can say that i tested him every january.

If you talk to him in french, he will talk normally. If it's in english, he will answer basically "yes", "no"... (or "ugh, sorry" ???? lol) that's all.

Kezzi
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I always talk to him and Bruno in English, my experience is that they both do their very best to understand and I've heard more than just "yes" and "no". Especially from Bruno :) But not really difficult things, so maybe that helps to get a few other words out of them :p