Double Handed Jump Backhand [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Double Handed Jump Backhand

fabio fognini
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
My favourite shot - what racket(s) would you reccomend me trying out, so I can get as much feel into this shot as possible! I have the racket everyone is describing as a piece of wood and honestly it is a piece of wood, the babolat mahongany drive, I find myself net rushing because of this crap in my hands. Help me out.

jazar
08-21-2007, 09:24 AM
maybe if you say how you play and how good you are i can help you out

fabio fognini
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I've played every weekend in the spring summer autumn for about 6 years. Good athlete, Good service motion, hit the ball consistently hard and deep, but I've always used crap rackets and it's about time i do justice to my game.

jazar
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I've played every weekend in the spring summer autumn for about 6 years. Good athlete, Good service motion, hit the ball consistently hard and deep, but I've always used crap rackets and it's about time i do justice to my game.

well, the mahogany drive is a very easy racket to use. i would recommend something a bit harder to help you improve further. here are some to check out:

wilson npro open
babolat pure storm (again a bit wood like)
yonex rds 002
dunlop aerogel 300
fischer m pro number 1 light
volkl dnx 10 midplus
head microgel radical

all those rackets are 98 sq inch heads and about the same weight as the mahogany drive. the ones at the top are stiffer and the bottom ones are more flexible.