ball hitting player (rule ?) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ball hitting player (rule ?)

PalmOS
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
If a ball hits a player in the court, i believe that the point is over and the person who was struck loses the point... (if not correct me)

my question is say the person is hit while standing outside the back baseline, does he lose the point again or does it not matter because he is out of the court of play?

K90
08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
if a ball hits a player before it hits the ground that player has lost the point, wherever he was standing at the time :)

Angle Queen
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Yep. You get hit, regardless of where you're standing, you lose the point.

I'll never forget the time I banged an overhead too deep and clipped my opponent (who was two feet behind the baseline and desparately trying to get out of the way) on the ankle. Point for us and it gave us the break we needed to go on and win the set. :yeah: Thankfully, she took it well, even laughing (I suppose my being 5+ months pregnant at the time got me some sympathy...hehe).

Neely
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
:devil: If you want some bad blood in a doubles match you can try hitting first serves into the body of the opposing net player, even this would win you the point if it hits the player before it hits the ground... but probably not many sympathies :lol:

tennisplayer89
08-26-2007, 11:47 PM
If the ball hits someone before it lands out, he/she loses the point.

PalmOS
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
thanks for the replies, thats how i interpreted the rules, a friend didn't believe that, so i wanted some confirmation and id say i got it

mir
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
:devil: If you want some bad blood in a doubles match you can try hitting first serves into the body of the opposing net player, even this would win you the point if it hits the player before it hits the ground... but probably not many sympathies :lol:

:devil: who needs sympathy :p wow that could really start a war :lol: