US OPEN 2007 thread----Finals l. to Federer 6-7, 6-7, 4-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US OPEN 2007 thread----Finals l. to Federer 6-7, 6-7, 4-6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

uglyamerican
08-15-2007, 09:36 PM

uglyamerican
08-15-2007, 09:39 PM
He'll make a brand new start of it...In old New York

http://www.artexpression.com/images/TOP/jpgs/CB916.jpg

savesthedizzle
08-15-2007, 11:53 PM
USO :rocker2:

Scotso
08-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Joe :tape:

ajde Nole :rocker2:

kirkicica
08-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I'll forget what happened today.
USO :rocker2:, it's a new beginning :), and I love those.

MosquitoBitten
08-16-2007, 02:39 AM
Take NY by storm, Nole! :music:

uglyamerican
08-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Joe :tape:

Frank says, "You got a problem, tough guy?"

http://www.colossusblog.com/mt/archives/images/frank_sinatra.jpg

:silly:

PennyThePenguin
08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
someone has to finish the song...

it's up to nole new york neeeewwwww yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrkkk...

savesthedizzle
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
:bigclap:

ataptc
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Suzi
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
:dance: USO bring it on!!

jitterbug
08-17-2007, 02:48 AM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/13/375852/happy093.gif

jeahhh!
08-17-2007, 03:05 AM
:bounce:

andyroxmysox12191
08-17-2007, 03:51 AM
:banana:

savesthedizzle
08-17-2007, 04:15 AM
:banana:

Are you going at all this year, my fellow Jersey-ite? :)

andyroxmysox12191
08-17-2007, 04:20 AM
??? I went last year although that Sunday was um...yeah. You know what happened with the whole tickets being sold out :lol: I went again the next day and actually got in.

But yeah, I'm going again this year on the 3rd (: We pre-ordered tickets this time to avoid the fiasco of last year :rolls:

savesthedizzle
08-17-2007, 04:34 AM
??? I went last year although that Sunday was um...yeah. You know what happened with the whole tickets being sold out :lol: I went again the next day and actually got in.

But yeah, I'm going again this year on the 3rd (: We pre-ordered tickets this time to avoid the fiasco of last year :rolls:

:lol:

Awesome :D Is the 3rd Labor Day? :) I might try to go during the second week some time if my schedule allows.

andyroxmysox12191
08-17-2007, 04:48 AM

Awesome :D Is the 3rd Labor Day? :) I might try to go during the second week some time if my schedule allows.
You saw my pics from last year right? lol

And yeah, it's Labor Day....and also the day before school :retard: But I guess that's good cause I enjoy a tennis-full day before I die this year :lol: I wanted to go on the first Saturday but my parents won't let me take the bus with my brothers friends to meet up with him in NY :rolleyes:

Are you at least going during the first week? Hopefully you get to go (: :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
You saw my pics from last year right? lol

And yeah, it's Labor Day....and also the day before school :retard: But I guess that's good cause I enjoy a tennis-full day before I die this year :lol: I wanted to go on the first Saturday but my parents won't let me take the bus with my brothers friends to meet up with him in NY :rolleyes:

Are you at least going during the first week? Hopefully you get to go (: :hug:

Oh... I am :)

I am going M-Thu of the first week ;)

And the Thursday of quallies. Pray for me that I get to see Viktor Troicki and Alize Cornet in quallies or I will be a sad sad girl :sad: (Or even better, hopefully I'll see them both in main draw!)

I have to work on Labor Day :rolleyes: We get 3 paid holidays.. Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. I worked on the other two so I was supposed to get Labor Day off. HOWEVER, my manager on a whim bought $300 Jimmy Buffet tickets for that weekend in Boston :scratch: so now I have to work ALL THREE holidays. :armed: I wanted off on Labor Day since it's near my birthday :sad:

I have to work on my birthday too. :sad:

I don't remember if I saw your pics or not :rolls: I'm old. My memory isn't what it used to be :awww:

andyroxmysox12191
08-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Oh... I am :)

I am going M-Thu of the first week ;)

And the Thursday of quallies. Pray for me that I get to see Viktor Troicki and Alize Cornet in quallies or I will be a sad sad girl :sad: (Or even better, hopefully I'll see them both in main draw!)

I have to work on Labor Day :rolleyes: We get 3 paid holidays.. Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. I worked on the other two so I was supposed to get Labor Day off. HOWEVER, my manager on a whim bought $300 Jimmy Buffet tickets for that weekend in Boston :scratch: so now I have to work ALL THREE holidays. :armed: I wanted off on Labor Day since it's near my birthday :sad:

I have to work on my birthday too. :sad:

I don't remember if I saw your pics or not :rolls: I'm old. My memory isn't what it used to be :awww:

Damn. Monday through Thursday? :sobbing: I hate you. Take me with though d:

Viktor...liptea mentioned him once. I was like "huh? who is he?" I am so horrible at keeping up with people nowadays LOL

That sucks that you have to work then though ): Would've been cool to see you :hug:

The pics are on lj lol. I'm pretty sure you commented on them? Hahahha what do I know....I haven't been on mine in eons.

savesthedizzle
08-17-2007, 05:03 AM
Damn. Monday through Thursday? :sobbing: I hate you. Take me with though d:

Viktor...liptea mentioned him once. I was like "huh? who is he?" I am so horrible at keeping up with people nowadays LOL

That sucks that you have to work then though ): Would've been cool to see you :hug:

The pics are on lj lol. I'm pretty sure you commented on them? Hahahha what do I know....I haven't been on mine in eons.

I probably did comment. I have been on LJ like 3 times in the past year. Each time I say something along the lines of "I'm BACK! I will post here more often!!" .... then I don't :p

Viktor is nobody special. Well he is to me :) But there is no reason you should know him really :p

andyroxmysox12191
08-18-2007, 01:56 AM
lol I'm like that too. I think I do it every couple months and then I just forget :lol:

Scotso
08-18-2007, 06:52 AM
That's like me and myspace.

MissFairy
08-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I probably did comment. I have been on LJ like 3 times in the past year. Each time I say something along the lines of "I'm BACK! I will post here more often!!" .... then I don't :p

As for Viktor, he is forever Jess-Man to me :p I only know him because of you lol

uglyamerican
08-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Summer might be over early. It's not supposed to get above 80F here for the next 10 days.

Early US Open forecast is upper 70's for the first few days.

75F-80F is 24-27 in Celsius.

savesthedizzle
08-19-2007, 04:29 PM
It's FREEZING HERE the last few mornings. So cold it's almost NOT flip flop weather. :scared: So cool I have had to get HOT drinks at Starbucks.

These are signs of fall :(

neenah
08-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I've worn long pants the past four days. :sobbing:

neenah
08-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Oh, and of course, GO NOLE! Not long till the Open! :D

musefanatic
08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Ah Jess, i'm so jealous you get to go to the US Open, well jealous you get to go to a grand slam :p Hope you have a great time though :) I'm still as yet to see any tennis live :sad: But i'd love to go to Wimbledon so much next year, if only so that i can hopefully say i have seen Federer playing live.

Good luck Nole :) Hope he gets a good draw :)

Suzi
08-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I've worn long pants the past four days. :sobbing:

:hug: same here been wearing wellies for the past week

wish i could go to uso too. my friend is in america right now and shes hoping to go, damn her :p

Lee
08-20-2007, 01:18 AM
It's FREEZING HERE the last few mornings. So cold it's almost NOT flip flop weather. :scared: So cool I have had to get HOT drinks at Starbucks.

These are signs of fall :(

While you're freezing, my part of the world had record breaking 111°F yesterday. :tape:

uglyamerican
08-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Question of the day:

Do we want Novak to be on the same side of the draw as Federer, or the Nadal side?

I say the Fed side.

Main draw is Wednesday.

neenah
08-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Question of the day:

Do we want Novak to be on the same side of the draw as Federer, or the Nadal side?

I say the Fed side.

Main draw is Wednesday.

As a Federer AND Nadal fan, I can't decide. :p

But I think Nole would have an easier time against Rafa. And a Federer/Nole Grand Slam final would be amazing!

neenah
08-20-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm going to the Open next week! :D

Last year when I went Nole was playing Hewitt. I wasn't too familiar with him back then but I wanted to see a match between Hewitt and a new, young player. For some reason I didn't see that match though, but I guess it was kinda for the better. :p

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Nadal side OF COURSE. :p

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Summer might be over early. It's not supposed to get above 80F here for the next 10 days.

Early US Open forecast is upper 70's for the first few days.

75F-80F is 24-27 in Celsius.

I'm so happy for you and Jessa that it's so nice there, but it's been over 100 degrees here nearly every day for the past three weeks. Summer is definitely not over here, it's been hotter this summer than any summer I can remember by far. Simply miserable.

Most summers you see kids out playing and adults doing barbeques and such. Not this time. :p Indoor activities have been king.

While you're freezing, my part of the world had record breaking 111°F yesterday. :tape:

I feel your pain.

Scotso
08-20-2007, 02:44 AM

Last year when I went Nole was playing Hewitt. I wasn't too familiar with him back then but I wanted to see a match between Hewitt and a new, young player. For some reason I didn't see that match though, but I guess it was kinda for the better. :p

Have fun!

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 04:00 AM

I WAS THERE WHEN NOLE WAS PLAYING HEWITT.

And I, unfortunately was at that match. The only person cheering for Nole against 30 crazy Hewitt fans AND MURPHY JENSEN. :rolls:

After that match I got myself a tall cold beer. :shrug:

And a pina colada...

:sad: It was depressing. :sad:

When are you going this year? :)

neenah
08-20-2007, 04:37 AM
I WAS THERE WHEN NOLE WAS PLAYING HEWITT.

And I, unfortunately was at that match. The only person cheering for Nole against 30 crazy Hewitt fans AND MURPHY JENSEN. :rolls:

After that match I got myself a tall cold beer. :shrug:

And a pina colada...

:sad: It was depressing. :sad:

When are you going this year? :)

Haha, well Nole got revenge on Hewitt at Wimbledon. ;)

I'm going next Thursday!

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Haha, well Nole got revenge on Hewitt at Wimbledon. ;)

I'm going next Thursday!

ME TOO! :)

If you see me come say hi :)

I'm like a really not scary completely unintimidating 5'3" little blonde girl. :lol: Usually waving Serbian flags at people ;)

*wait* Thursday as in main draw Thursday or as in this week quallies Thursday? I'll be there both days :) So still if you see me say hi :)

neenah
08-20-2007, 04:54 AM
ME TOO! :)

If you see me come say hi :)

I'm like a really not scary completely unintimidating 5'3" little blonde girl. :lol: Usually waving Serbian flags at people ;)

*wait* Thursday as in main draw Thursday or as in this week quallies Thursday? I'll be there both days :) So still if you see me say hi :)

Thursday as in main draw Thursday. I think I was on the boarder of being able to go two days this year, but my sister's leaving for college the next day so it's too hectic. :sad:

I think going to the qualies would be fun too. But I have no way of getting anywhere on my own, because everyone knows how exciting the life of a pre-licensed teen is. :rolleyes:

If I see you I'll say hi. :) I have no Serbian flags to be recognized by though. :p

savesthedizzle
08-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Thursday as in main draw Thursday. I think I was on the boarder of being able to go two days this year, but my sister's leaving for college the next day so it's too hectic. :sad:

I think going to the qualies would be fun too. But I have no way of getting anywhere on my own, because everyone knows how exciting the life of a pre-licensed teen is. :rolleyes:

If I see you I'll say hi. :) I have no Serbian flags to be recognized by though. :p

Ahhhh gotcha ;) :dance:

Quallies is awesome because it's so much less crowded and you have a remote chance of getting to talk to someone ;)

neenah
08-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Ahhhh gotcha ;) :dance:

Quallies is awesome because it's so much less crowded and you have a remote chance of getting to talk to someone ;)

Yeah, quallies sound fun. :)

I'm going to sleep now, talk to you later! :wavey:

Beforehand
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Novak is going to become a big ball of "Major Champion" mansex soon!

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Mmmmm big balls of mansex. :p

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
It's so cold, it's like not even tennis weather. I hope it changes by Thursday because otherwise I am going to go to the USO bundled up in a stupid hoodie and like.. mittens. :lol: It's so damp and blahhh :( I went out to ShopRite to get soup on my lunch break and of course my feet/bottom of my jeans got soaked.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I will build myself an ark and bring with me a male and a female tennis player from every nation.

MosquitoBitten
08-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Anything but rain! :bigcry: I don't want to see a repeat of Wimbledon.

neenah
08-21-2007, 03:10 AM
It's so cold, it's like not even tennis weather. I hope it changes by Thursday because otherwise I am going to go to the USO bundled up in a stupid hoodie and like.. mittens. :lol: It's so damp and blahhh :( I went out to ShopRite to get soup on my lunch break and of course my feet/bottom of my jeans got soaked.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I will build myself an ark and bring with me a male and a female tennis player from every nation.

I know! I went for a walk and my jeans got soaked too. :sad: But then I bought some chocolate, which was the highlight of the past three days. The most boring weekend ever. I'm just telling myself it's the weather.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNY0996?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Thursday looks good! :)

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 03:13 AM
It does look good for Thursday :)

While I was at weather.com though I looked at the local forecast for tomorrow.

And..

HIGH OF 62 DEGREES?!?!?!?!? I need to find a sweater and some shoes that are not flip flops :(

Scotso
08-21-2007, 05:58 AM
It was 99 today. :p

neenah
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
It does look good for Thursday :)

While I was at weather.com though I looked at the local forecast for tomorrow.

And..

HIGH OF 62 DEGREES?!?!?!?!? I need to find a sweater and some shoes that are not flip flops :(

It was 99 today. :p

I heard on the radio that the Northeast is getting all the rain from some tropical storm or something, while the South is baking in really hot weather! :p

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Rain rain go away, little Viktor wants to play. :dance: (Luckily he's not scheduled for tomorrow... Wednesday is going to be a crazy day of tennis at USO quallies... jampacked. I wish I could go tomorrow :rolls: )

neenah
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Jess, which days are you going?

savesthedizzle
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Qualifying Thursday

Main draw first week Monday through Thursday :) For now that is all ;) Unless I get a day off Labor Day weekend or so :p

neenah
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Luuuuucky. :lol: Have fun!

uglyamerican
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I've got some time to kill, so I'll do some analysis of the seeds, and which ones I'd like Novak to play against.

25-32 seeds (possible 3rd round opponents)

Safin
Nieminen
Tursunov
Almagro
Volandri
Soderling
Starace
Melzer

Weakest seed of the group: Starace. He has only 2 hard-court wins in 2007--neither against a top 150 player.
Would make an interesting match: Safin. Novak still has not had the chance to avenge Safin's dominating win at the 2005 Australian.

13-16 seeds (possible 4th round opponents)

Gasquet
Canas
Ferrer
Hewitt

Weakest seed of the group: Gasquet. Despite a career high ranking in July, Gasquet is only 2-8 against the current top 20 this year (0-5) on hard courts.
Would make an interesting match: Canas. If Canas had not had to come through qualifying at Miami, he might have made the final there a little closer.

5-8 seeds (possible QF opponents)

Roddick
Blake
Gonzalez
Robredo

Weakest seed of the group: Robredo. Only 8-15 against current top 50 since Australian Open. 1-7 on hard courts.
Would make an interesting match: Blake. Blake and Novak have never played. Can Novak neutralize Blake's power as effectively as Federer does?

Lee
08-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I've got some time to kill, so I'll do some analysis of the seeds, and which ones I'd like Novak to play against.

25-32 seeds (possible 3rd round opponents)

Safin
Nieminen
Tursunov
Almagro
Volandri
Soderling
Starace
Melzer

Weakest seed of the group: Starace. He has only 2 hard-court wins in 2007--neither against a top 150 player.
Would make an interesting matach: Safin. Novak still has not had the chance to avenge Safin's dominating win at the 2005 Australian.

It's 2005. Novak just starts his taste of ATP tour and Safin was playing the best tournament of his life other than 2000 USO.

13-16 seeds (possible 4th round opponents)

Gasquet
Canas
Ferrer
Hewitt

Weakest seed of the group: Gasquet. Despite a career high ranking in July, Gasquet is only 2-8 against the current top 20 this year (0-5) on hard courts.
Would make an interesting matach: Canas. If Canas had not had to come through qualifying at Miami, he might have made the final there a little closer.

I think Hewitt will be a more difficult one. Cañas is at a slump right now.

5-8 seeds (possible QF opponents)

Roddick
Blake
Gonzalez
Robredo

Weakest seed of the group: Robredo. Only 8-15 against current top 50 since Australian Open. 1-7 on hard courts.
Would make an interesting matach: Blake. Blake and Novak have never played. Can Novak neutralize Blake's power as effectively as Federer does?

I think Novak can neutralize Blake's power. But he needs to serve well. Blake is very good in returning 2nd serve.

savesthedizzle
08-22-2007, 03:31 AM
I never want to see Hewitt play Nole again at the USO for the rest of my life. Once was enough :lol:

ANYWAY I HAVE GOOD NEWS.

VIKTOR TROICKI CAN NOT HIDE FROM ME THIS TIME! The USO has not scheduled him to play tomorrow..

SO...

HE WILL BE PLAYING ON THURSDAY! HE WILL NOT HAVE LOST YET! I can seeeeee him :)

Same with my beloved Alize :)

Scotso
08-22-2007, 03:54 AM
So did we decide to change the spelling of match or what? :p

Scotso
08-22-2007, 03:55 AM
And Starace is seeded? :eek: When did THAT happen?

njnetswill
08-22-2007, 05:44 AM
And Starace is seeded? :eek: When did THAT happen?

Haha. For a lot of the lower seeds, I can't think of any big result they have had all year. I guess for Potito it is solid runs at the smaller clay events.

PennyThePenguin
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
novak would beat marat. 'nuff said

Lee
08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Nole's section of the draw. He's in the 3rd quarter, that means in Nadal's bottom half.

Lleyton Hewitt AUS (16)
vs.
Amer Delic USA

Andreas Seppi ITA
vs.
Agustin Calleri ARG

QUALIFIER
vs.
Nicolas Lapentti ECU

Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA
vs.
Juan Monaco ARG (23)

Jurgen Melzer AUT (31)
vs.
Diego Hartfield ARG

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG
vs.
Nicolas Mahut FRA

Carlos Berlocq ARG
vs.
Radek Stepanek CZE

Mario Ancic CRO
vs.
Novak Djokovic SRB (3)

Lee
08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Pretty tough draw, IMO. Ancic in first round. Likely Stepanek in 2nd round and JMDP or Melzer in 3rd. With Hewitt in the R16.

Especially compared to the 3 rounds of qualifier (possible qualifier in 3rd round :angel:) for Federer. :tape:

MosquitoBitten
08-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Nole vs. Ancic first round :bigcry: I like Mario, too. :sad: Hewitt, Youzhny, and Moya all in Nole's quarter...seems like he got one of the toughest roads.

Lee
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Nole vs. Ancic first round :bigcry: I like Mario, too. :sad: Hewitt, Youzhny, and Moya all in Nole's quarter...seems like he got one of the toughest roads.

Definitely comparing to the other 3 top seeds. :tape:

neenah
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Nole's draw is pretty hard.

neenah
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM

I like Ancic too! :sad:

ce2
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Ajmo Novak

jitterbug
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
:armed: :sobbing: :sad: :mad:

Jadranka
08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Poor Mario and poor Nole :awww:
thats not fair..

CassL
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Fuck this draw.:mad:

amdany
08-22-2007, 06:13 PM
why?why?why?:( :sad: :bigcry: :bigcry:

neenah
08-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I have faith in Nole. Can you imagine what a champion he'll be if he gets to the semis? Tough draw...

jeahhh!
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Mario Nole:bigcry:

Sleepwalker64
08-22-2007, 06:24 PM
This is not tough...this is mission impossible. It can be all 4-5 setters...
This is just a load of crap

jeahhh!
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink::drink::drink:

njnetswill
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
:help:

uglyamerican
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I have faith in Nole. Can you imagine what a champion he'll be if he gets to the semis? Tough draw...

I don't see that much trouble lurking. Novak should beat Mario in 3, Stepanek in 3 or 4 sets. 3rd round won't be any trouble (del Potro is the best of the 4). I think Hewitt will be demoralized by his loss in Cincinnati--might even lose to Amer.

Fish and Youzhny would be the most likely QF opponents.

Janko can take out Nadal in round 2! He can do it.

Sleepwalker64
08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't see that much trouble lurking. Novak should beat Mario in 3, Stepanek in 3 or 4 sets. 3rd round won't be any trouble (del Potro is the best of the 4). I think Hewitt will be demoralized by his loss in Cincinnati--might even lose to Amer.

You are more Serb than some of us (including me) will ever be:lol:
But I like your thinking. Janko loves big matches

uglyamerican
08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
You are more Serb than some of us (including me) will ever be:lol:
But I like your thinking. Janko loves big matches

How nice of you to say.

Hopefully Serbia will be able to take 3 points in Belgium, tonight. Portugal could only manage a draw in Armenia.

dejosav
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM
So, Tommy Robredo ESP (8), Mikhail Youzhny RUS (11), Lleyton Hewitt AUS (16), Carlos Moya ESP (17) and even Potito Starace ITA (30) have easier first two rounds than Novak Djokovic SRB (3). Than in 4th round out of possible Gasquet, Canas , Ferrer, he gets most dangerous one right now - Hewitt. Frikin great

nikita13
08-22-2007, 08:33 PM
So, Tommy Robredo ESP (8), Mikhail Youzhny RUS (11), Lleyton Hewitt AUS (16), Carlos Moya ESP (17) and even Potito Starace ITA (30) have easier first two rounds than Novak Djokovic SRB (3). Than in 4th round out of possible Gasquet, Canas , Ferrer, he gets most dangerous one right now - Hewitt. Frikin great

federer gets so many qualifiers, surely he could have spared 1 for nole!?!:armed: but I will be all the more happy if nole goes far.

CassL
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
It's a fucking conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ok, I don't really believe that, but just wanted to say it.

Tennis-Chick
08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Ancic and Stepanek, first two rounds! :spit:
And Murray gets a qualifier :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm sure he can beat them both, but still tough first two matches.

MosquitoBitten
08-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I think Hewitt will be demoralized by his loss in Cincinnati--might even lose to Amer.

From your mouth to God's ears! ;)

Lee
08-22-2007, 10:56 PM

I don't think Nole will have problem with these players too but it's no cake walk, thus, he needs to spend more energy.

Great mind thinks alike. ;)

silverwhite
08-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Ancic should be OK. Saw his match against PHM in Montréal and he's a shadow of his former self. Stepanek will be tricky. Potential 3rd round opponents look beatable. Drawing Hewitt is just terrible luck though. :help:

Suzi
08-22-2007, 11:21 PM
its not a tough draw but its not an easy one! but i do wish nole all the luck!!!

Sleepwalker64
08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
How nice of you to say.

Hopefully Serbia will be able to take 3 points in Belgium, tonight. Portugal could only manage a draw in Armenia.

You are very unordinary American, aren't u?:worship: Well, we lost 3-2:)
Did u start reading Andric?

neenah
08-23-2007, 01:14 AM
My high school's tennis team (which I had to quit so I could focus on ballet classes) is going to the US Open but they didn't have enough money in their fund thing to go to the actual Open so they're going to the Arthur Ashe Kids' Day and not the whole team can make it so they had extra tickets so I'm going. I'll do anything to get to the Open as often as I can. :lol:

andyroxmysox12191
08-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Blah, draw is lame this year :ras: Hopefully Nole is still there on Labor Day :awww:

savesthedizzle
08-23-2007, 03:27 AM
FIRST ROUND AGAINST MARIO!

THAT WAS THE FREAKIN THIRD ROUND TWO YEARS AGO!

(But Mario was in top form then, Nole just beginning and he won, so it's okay with me. WAIT OMG I GET TO BE THERE FOR THIS MATCH. I love Mario. Not fair.) Stepanek could be tricky, but then we get to an easy match:

Jurgen Melzer AUT (31)
vs.
Diego Hartfield ARG

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG
vs.
Nicolas Mahut FRA

That entire section I don't care about one bit. :lol: Not bad. He'd slay any one of them, straight sets. Del Potro has been Del Crappo lately. But then... THEN... HEWITT IN THE FOURTH ROUND.... AGAIN? DEJA FREAKIN VU.

Just kill me now because by the end of the Open this draw will kill me.

adie
08-23-2007, 04:48 AM
holy croat! ok, not funny...
it's just awful that nole and mario have to play in the first round...i'm rooting for nole, but also for a mario comeback...
nole will probably win, seeing as super mario is no longer his super self...but i love them both! *cries*

Scotso
08-23-2007, 04:53 AM
So many tough matches in the first round. And so many of my favorites playing each other.

Sweeting vs. Tipsarevic :sad:

and Verdasco vs. Mathieu is just a really big first round match and really sad for me. both those players could be QFists :(

Scotso
08-23-2007, 04:56 AM
The only person in Nole's section that should give him any trouble is Hewitt. Mario hasn't been a factor at all since his return. :shrug:

If Nole doesn't make the SF he should be pretty upset with himself. He's much better than everyone in his section.

Scotso
08-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Ancic and Stepanek, first two rounds! :spit:
And Murray gets a qualifier :rolleyes:

Only Nole will win both those matches and Murray will lose in the first round. :p

Contrary to popular belief, qualifiers are not the easiest first round matches. They've already won three matches, are used to the conditions, and are probably confident and feel they have nothing to lose. Playing a guy coming off an injury that has had no success and is demoralized is much better. :p

jitterbug
08-23-2007, 07:42 AM
:rolleyes:

jitterbug
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
From Yahoo! on Nole and Nadal's draws relative to Roger's:

Both Djokovic and Nadal have relatively easier routes to semifinals.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

MariaV
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM

:haha: :haha: :rolls:
But then again not surprising from Yahoo.

Scotso
08-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't think Djokovic's draw is that tough. :shrug: Most of the players he'll face on route to the SF are pretty one-dimensional. It's the Verdascos, Mathieus, etc. that I worry about. The people that run hot and cold and on a given day can come out and completely blow you off the court.

PennyThePenguin
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM

uhm. sure. what crack are they smoking?

Grofica
08-23-2007, 06:31 PM
not easy draw for sure but not imposible either :)

neenah
08-23-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY0996?dayNum=7

:sobbing: The day I go to the Open. Scattered thunderstorms, please scatter yourselves elsewhere!

ataptc
08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Lets just be optimistic :)

1st round however, is such a heartbreaker :awww:

MissFairy
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Blah, i don't like the draw. No over-reaction here though. I just want to see how it goes. I always love this tournament, so please be good :lol:

neenah
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
ImaVeggie has a thread in GM with pictures from pre-USO practice. There are some of Nole. :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108494

A quote from the thread:

Btw, Djokovic was in fine showman form today. He tried hitting balls out of the stands, ran around the court (homerun style), did classic impressions of Fed, Nadal, Roddick, Sharapova, and even Youzhny at the end for fun with the salutes. He loves the spotlight, and he plays to the crowd. I'm surprised he didn't take off his shirt despite the 60 degree weather and rain, lol.

savesthedizzle
08-24-2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY0996?dayNum=7

:sobbing: The day I go to the Open. Scattered thunderstorms, please scatter yourselves elsewhere!

That's still so far away :hug: It will change.

lilimi80
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
pff i hate the draw. nole is very unlucky. but if he wins, it will be highly deserved!

neenah
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
That's still so far away :hug: It will change.

Plus the weather people are wrong half the time. :p

uglyamerican
08-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Well, we lost 3-2:)
Did u start reading Andric?

I thought they would win. Makes the Finland match a big one. It's on my birthday, and also the Men's Semi-Final day at the US Open.

I haven't ordered The Bridge on the Drina yet, but it's on my list to order on-line. They don't have any of his books at my local bookstore! :o

Hopefully I can finish The Satanic Verses during all the boring women's matches at the US Open. :p

By then my new books should arrive in the mail.

:yippee:

uglyamerican
08-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Frank says: "Andy Roddick's bus just smashed into my car. He's in big trouble."

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/2/2/Celebrity-Image-Frank-Sinatra-227763.jpg

uglyamerican
08-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Frank is ready for a good time with his buddies in NYC.

http://redfordtheatre.com/movie/pictures/OnTheTownSpanishC.jpg

Sleepwalker64
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I thought they would win. Makes the Finland match a big one. It's on my birthday, and also the Men's Semi-Final day at the US Open.

I haven't ordered The Bridge on the Drina yet, but it's on my list to order on-line. They don't have any of his books at my local bookstore! :o

Hopefully I can finish The Satanic Verses during all the boring women's matches at the US Open. :p

By then my new books should arrive in the mail.

:yippee:

I wish I could say something polite and knowledgeable about baseball or american footbal:lol:

I will try to recommend you some of our older books...I see u are 28, but I warn you, they are not very easy to read

Milos Crnjanski - Migrations
Mesa Selimovic - Death and the Dervish
Ivo Andric - Bosnian Chronicles
Ivo Andric - The Damned Yard
Danilo Kis - Encyclopedia of the Dead
Milorad Pavic - Dictionary of the Khazars (special warning, you may like it or totally dislike it)
My recommendations...are based simply on what you can find on amazon

Cheers

snaillyyy
08-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok so I have lurked here for awhile:o(shame on me) thought you all might me interested in these pics of Nole from the past couple days (Took your advice Bjorki ;) )

savesthedizzle
08-26-2007, 03:28 AM
:tape: I want to burn that jacket :p

Thanks for the pics :D :hug:

Sleepwalker64
08-26-2007, 03:33 AM
:tape: I want to burn that jacket :p

Thanks for the pics :D :hug:

I agree...completely...
The jacket is incredibly ugly...is this fashion? OMG:eek:

Thanks for the pictures!

neenah
08-26-2007, 03:34 AM
Hmm...Interesting...? :eek:

:rolls:

But thanks for the pics! Any picture with Nole is great, basically. :D

savesthedizzle
08-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Nole the fashion victim is back :rolls:

He need a stylist.

Hmmmm I could be of use here.

snaillyyy
08-26-2007, 03:39 AM
I agree...completely...
The jacket is incredibly ugly...is this fashion? OMG:eek:

Thanks for the pictures!

Very bad fashion :bolt: looks like he made some really ugly curtains into a jacket.

savesthedizzle
08-26-2007, 04:31 AM
I think my grandma had curtains like that :p In green though.

jitterbug
08-26-2007, 06:44 AM
It looks like a very ancient, mildewy, unloved throw cushion.

silverwhite
08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Nole's outfits :eek:

No comment. :o

Björki
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks snaillyyy for posting the photos (wothout watermarks) :worship:

MissFairy
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Nole the fashion victim is back :rolls:

He need a stylist.

Hmmmm I could be of use here.
Please force him to hire you. He is in dire need of your fashionable touch, Jess. STAT.

That jacket should be locked away. |:

jitterbug
08-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll give that fabric a break - I think it would make a nice skirt :p

Suzi
08-26-2007, 06:18 PM
totally agree the jacket is less to be desired

jeahhh!
08-26-2007, 06:20 PM
That jacket is bad oh so bad.:o

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Boring first day schedule. zzzzzz.

neenah
08-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Since Nole doesn't play tomorrow then he'll play Thursday which means I'll get to see his match when I go to the Open! But since he's all famous and number three in the world he'll be in a big stadium. :sad: Whatever, it's a small price to pay for being #3. :lol:

Lee
08-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Wow, Nole! That jacket is just........ I'm speechless.

ataptc
08-27-2007, 03:33 AM
If the pattern wasn't everywhere on the jacket, it could be okay :tape:

_pyromatic
08-27-2007, 06:37 AM
So I went to qualies this weekend and I saw Novak practicing with Kiefer. While they were warming up Novak stuck his racquet between his legs, bent over, and tried to get Kiefer to hit him in the ass with his serve. Which Kiefer did. On the very first try. Only Nole... :lol:

Alyz
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
So I went to qualies this weekend and I saw Novak practicing with Kiefer. While they were warming up Novak stuck his racquet between his legs, bent over, and tried to get Kiefer to hit him in the ass with his serve. Which Kiefer did. On the very first try. Only Nole... :lol:

Ouch :rolls:

No comment on the jacket :tape:

Suzi
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM

:haha: yup only nole

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
The doubles players do that all the time :shrug: well, not the sticking racquets between your legs part but the bum shots.

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
ANCIC WITHDREW :sobbing: :sobbing: :bigcry:

Alyz
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM

:awww: Poor Mario. What a sad year for him.

Jadranka
08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Mario :awww:

savesthedizzle
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Mario does not deserve all this :sad: Poor guy. I was so excited to see him play too :sad:

Sleepwalker64
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Sorry for Mario....
So, how about Haase? Anybody knows something about him?

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Haase is supposed to fill in the next LL spot. I hope it'll be him :)

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Haase is like a typical young gun :shrug: I support him - he could play brilliantly when he's on but he's not terribly consistent.

Sleepwalker64
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I know nothing about the guy...
So, I guess this should be a cakewalk compared to Ancic, yes?

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I know nothing about the guy...
So, I guess this should be a cakewalk compared to Ancic, yes?

Not quite, Haase beat Berdych in Round 1 of Montreal :lol:

He has a big game - it's just that he has trouble with putting it together sometimes. He's the same age as Nole, btw.

He should be an easier match than Ancic, but you never know.

Sleepwalker64
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
No problem :)

neenah
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM

:rolls:

Mario has the worst luck. It's really sad. :sobbing:

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM

Damn. I think he can come back to top 10 level some year. But, damn.

Suzi
08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
its sad to hear Ancic withdrawing,was looking forward to the match up against nole!

Dont know much bout this haase guy but hopefully nole will beat him comfortably,thats hoping :dance:

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
"Haase vs Novak" is the battle of the 2 players who have lost to Viktor. ;)

Viktor beat Haase 0 & 4 on hard court this year. + once more in a retirment (on clay)

silverwhite
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Mario :awww:

Haase should be easier. He has struggled all the way through qualies...

MosquitoBitten
08-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Awww, Mario :sad: I was thinking they might even show the Nole-Mario match on TV since it was two big names, but now we might not get to see Nole. :sad:

PennyThePenguin
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
poor mario. he's been having a foul time

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Reports have Monfils withdrawing. Second LL is Fognini.

Lee
08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry for Mario! :awww:

Will it be Hasse? Hasse lost in the draw for next LL to replace Monfils. Does it mean there is no draw for the next LL?

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Will it be Hasse? Hasse lost in the draw for next LL to replace Monfils. Does it mean there is no draw for the next LL?

I didn't realize they were still doing this. I guess it'll be a mystery until they actually update the main draw.

Maybe they draw the LL into a priority list. Know what I mean?

Milan seems to be sure it is Haase that Novak will play.

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Monfils withdrawl is old news, apparently. Sorry if I'm confusing anyone.

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
They made the LL draw. Bobby Reynolds replaced Monfils. Haase is the next in line.

Magenta
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
:haha:
Great title!

Poor Mario...The unluckiest guy on the tour

Lee
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
They made the LL draw. Bobby Reynolds replaced Monfils. Haase is the next in line.

You mean Haase is second in that last draw for Monfils place?

edit: OK, Haase is next. Then it will be Fognini and Moodie.

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I like your writing style, Zahirah.

"Fernando Gonzalez of Chile (7th seed), Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia, Marat Safin (25th) and Dmitry Tursunov (27th) of Russia are capable of brilliant tennis when they are on form but could be prone to moments of dubious cerebral consistency."

Lee
08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
:lol: I need to save the phrase "dubious cerebral consistency" as I have so many players I like that suffered from this syndrome. :lol:

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't say HEADCASE on that website - Milan could get sued :lol:

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Star Sports isn't showing the US Open! :mad: :confused: :sobbing:

neenah
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
"Fernando Gonzalez of Chile (7th seed), Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia, Marat Safin (25th) and Dmitry Tursunov (27th) of Russia are capable of brilliant tennis when they are on form but could be prone to moments of dubious cerebral consistency."

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
More quotable Zahirah:

"Come Sunday, all eyes would be on Paris as the red clay of Roland Garros beckons the stalwarts of tennis, male and female alike."

"By virtue of Djokovic's ranking, potential match-ups with other Top 8 players have been averted until at least the quarterfinals where third-ranked Andy Roddick is seeded to become his opponent. However, given the American's distaste for clay and the sheer number of fine clay court players his section is teeming with, it is highly probable that one of the other challengers would prevail."

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I was as gentle as I could possibly be towards Andy's clay prospects :o

uglyamerican
08-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I was as gentle as I could possibly be towards Andy's clay prospects :o

You write it so well that even Andy could not argue.

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
You write it so well that even Andy could not argue.

He'd better not :lol: :p

neenah
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM

I'm in the US and I can't even watch the USO without a TV (I don't have one) while people in Europe can pay for a stream. :sobbing:

I can live fine without a TV but I do want special TV called a TennisTV and it only shows tennis and no commercials and nothing else. Just tennis. :p

Scotso
08-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Haase is supposed to fill in the next LL spot. I hope it'll be him :)

I would have thought that since the main draw started today, Nole would get a w/o.

Oh well. :p

amdany
08-27-2007, 09:07 PM

For those of you who don't have coverage, here is a link I've found on a french forum http://www.channelsurfing.net/ : scroll down the page, there are 2 Us open channels. I hope it will work(use Internet explorer):wavey:

neenah
08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
For those of you who don't have coverage, here is a link I've found on a french forum http://www.channelsurfing.net/ : scroll down the page, there are 2 Us open channels. I hope it will work(use Internet explorer):wavey:

Thanks, I've been using those. :)

Lee
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I would have thought that since the main draw started today, Nole would get a w/o.

Oh well. :p

No walkover for 1st round.

jitterbug
08-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Thank you! :D

Saumon
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
LOUIS ARMSTRONG STADIUM 11:00 AM

1. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Klara Zakopalova (CZE) v. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[4]

followed by
2. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[13] v. Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)

3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Robin Haase (NED) v. Novak Djokovic (SRB)[3]

MAY BE MOVED TO ASHE STADIUM
4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)[6] v. Ashley Weinhold (USA)

Lee
08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
:rocker2: Novak on TV.

:sobbing: no...... because Blake on Arthur Ashe.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2007, 03:31 AM
I Like Armstrong :d

uglyamerican
08-28-2007, 03:55 AM
:rocker2: Novak on TV.

:sobbing: no...... because Blake on Arthur Ashe.

You never know which matches will take 5 hours and which will take 25 minutes.

Lee
08-28-2007, 04:07 AM
You never know which matches will take 5 hours and which will take 25 minutes.

Well, it's likely Nole's match will come up first as there will be 2 women's matches on Armstrong before Nole but not Ashe.

Nole's match will have some coverage but definitely not featured.

At least, I don't foresee any great matches in other show courts like Grandstand, court 11 & 13.

belco
08-28-2007, 04:18 AM
Good luck Nole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lossi
08-28-2007, 05:48 PM
OK, hoping someone here will know the answer to this:

Which Serbian channel will be showing Nole's match today? And will it be live or a tape delay?

I'm usually too busy to watch tennis while I'm here, since I have to visit every single member of my family or else I get the intensive guilt trips, but I'm with a cool family member so I can watch today :rocker2:

Alyz
08-28-2007, 06:32 PM
The women's singles match just finished. Nole will be up next :D I hope Eurosport es keeps showing Armstrong.

neenah
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
The only two free livestreams I know of are both showing Hingis's match. :sad:

Lossi
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
His match is on RTS 2, try there:

http://www.rts.co.yu/rts2uzivo.ram

Lee
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Nole won 1st set 6-2 :rocker2:

Lee
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Sam :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: wrong thread

Lee
08-28-2007, 07:30 PM
:mad: Karlovic and Clement match just dragged on and now Blake is up in Ashe.

Lee
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
6-2 6-1 :rocker2:

Tennis-Chick
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Nole playing well it seems :worship:

Lee
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
GSM Nole 6-2 6-1 6-3

neenah
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
His match is on RTS 2, try there:

http://www.rts.co.yu/rts2uzivo.ram

It won't work for me, but thanks anyway! :)

amdany
08-28-2007, 08:33 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

silverwhite
08-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Very comfortable victory :eek:

I didn't get to see the match though. They showed Hingis and Blake and bits of Karlovic vs Clement. :o

Jadranka
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
:yeah:

uglyamerican
08-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Sam :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: wrong thread

Sam :rolleyes:

Ivo :o

uglyamerican
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Seriously Radek, take all night. You don't need to conserve energy.

MUHHHHAAAAHAAAHAA!

They do get 2 days off, so it shouldn't matter.

uglyamerican
08-28-2007, 10:13 PM
So tomorrow's men's night match will probably be Rafa.

Friday they will have to choose between a second helping of Rafa or Novak. Plus the women's top half is on Friday so they could have that Nole-Ana night session I want. What are the odds that one of the Williams sisters will not be the night match? :lol:

Scotso
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
The night matches thus far have been a complete joke and totally predictable. Serena, Venus, Maria, Andy :help: blah!

Nole :rocker2: nice easy victory. the best kind.

Scotso
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh my Carlos.

Stepanek lost a set to Berlocq on hardcourts :tape:

jitterbug
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Friday they will have to choose between a second helping of Rafa or Novak. Plus the women's top half is on Friday so they could have that Nole-Ana night session I want. What are the odds that one of the Williams sisters will not be the night match? :lol:

:hearts: :banana: :yeah:

Scotso
08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
As long as Andy is playing he will probably be the night match. :p

Wait, why is Andy playing today when Federer's half played yesterday?

Scotso
08-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Come on Nathalie! She really needs this win, she's having a horrible year.

I think I'll go play with my toes or something else productive like that. :wavey:

Lee
08-28-2007, 10:52 PM
As long as Andy is playing he will probably be the night match. :p

Wait, why is Andy playing today when Federer's half played yesterday?

It's explained somewhere on GM. Here

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5926314&postcount=8

Lee
08-28-2007, 11:05 PM

Nope. Rafa on day and Federer on night.

B.Bojan
08-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Today's match was really good... Why the hell it souldn't be when Novak spanked Haase 6:2 6:1 6:3.. I must admit, when I'm watching Novak, I like when he's dominant! When it comes to tight matches, I can get very nervous :lol:

Still, I hope Novak and Hewitt are going to make it to the 4th round... That's going to be an awsome match! Especially if Novak wins :D

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Today's match was a good first round match :) Nole wasn't his best, but got adjusted and got a win under his belt :) I'll post my pics eventually :p

Best part was when all the kids ran down to get ready to get autographs a point or two before the match was over. The chair yelled at them and Haase goes to them, "Just one more minute" :rolls:

Also a good part was when I almost caught Nole's wristband. Like 3 seats over from where I was. I'd like to think he was aiming for me. The girl who caught it goes, "EW. It's sweaty." PASS THE DJOKOSWEAT TO ME YOU DUMB GIRL! :armed:

Anyway, it was a good day :) He also took off his shirt and gave it to someone who gave him a flower. :lol:

MosquitoBitten
08-29-2007, 02:42 AM
Also a good part was when I almost caught Nole's wristband. Like 3 seats over from where I was. I'd like to think he was aiming for me. The girl who caught it goes, "EW. It's sweaty." PASS THE DJOKOSWEAT TO ME YOU DUMB GIRL! :armed:

Seriously! What's wrong with her? :smash: It sounds like it was a very good day! I wish they would have shown more of his match on TV :mad: but I'll take the easy win. :) :bigclap:

Scotso
08-29-2007, 03:57 AM
I want that shirt! :sad: Was it a girl that gave him the flower? :mad:

I'm so over the night match choices already.

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 04:27 AM

Anyway, it was a good day :) He also took off his shirt and gave it to someone who gave him a flower. :lol:

You should have said that out loud. :p

You didn't bring him anything? :lol:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 04:31 AM
I want that shirt! :sad: Was it a girl that gave him the flower? :mad:

I'm so over the night match choices already.

It was, but there were several men screaming their love for him throughout the match :p

You should have said that out loud. :p

You didn't bring him anything? :lol:

No, wtf. Now that he's #3 in the world instead of #3252525 I have to bring him gifts or something? Negative. Now he should be bringing me gifts :p :lol:

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 04:37 AM
It was, but there were several men screaming their love for him throughout the match :p

No, wtf. Now that he's #3 in the world instead of #3252525 I have to bring him gifts or something? Negative. Now he should be bringing me gifts :p :lol:

:aplot:

You need to remind him that he hasn't replied to an e-mail you sent to him. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 04:45 AM
I sent him an email?

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 04:46 AM
You didn't? :scratch:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 04:48 AM
When did I do this? I may have, and just forgotten :p

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 04:51 AM
It was at the end of 05, I think. ;)

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 04:54 AM
It was at the end of 05, I think. ;)

Oh, no wonder then :p

silverwhite
08-29-2007, 05:06 AM
No wonder you don't remember? :lol:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Yes. I am old, SW my memory is not what it used to be. If I didn't email the boy last week, then it's forgotten ;)

Björki
08-29-2007, 07:00 AM
N. DJOKOVIC/R. Haase

6-2, 6-1, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. Nice start to the campaign.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's always good to get the first matches done in the fastest possible way. It's good to win the first round in straight sets. You know, a lot of people expected a great match between me and Ancic. I'm sure it would be a good match to see. He's a great competitor, great player.
He was off for five, six months. Unfortunately he tried to come back but in last month he play couple of tournaments but got another injury. He had to withdraw.
For looking in my position, you know, I had a little bit less pressure because I played against lucky loser, but I didn't want to underestimate my opponent. I know him for long time. He's my generation. I was a big favorite, but I tried to keep it up.
I was a bit nervous on the start. I didn't play my game. But then I managed to take over the control and finish in straight sets.

Q. You had a very good crowd. How do you feel about having so many Americans who may not know you come over to see you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Feels fantastic. You know, I honestly didn't expect so many people to watch my match. Again, saying if I play against Ancic, of course, I expected to see a lot of people.
But, you know, again, I'm No. 3 of the world so people come to see. I'm still young, you know. I made a big breakthrough this year, so everybody's really interested the way I play. It was the first match.
It was a fantastic atmosphere. A lot of crowd was behind me. I had a great support from my countrymen and from Americans, which is very important for the future, for the next matches, upcoming matches.

Q. How is your overall hard court game? Are you playing now like you did in Montréal or like you did in Cincinnati?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, in Cincinnati I didn't play so well. I didn't have time to recover and get ready for that. In Montréal I played probably the best tennis of my life, Montréal and Miami.
But I'll give probably a bit more advantage to Montréal because I won against three best players of the world for quarterfinals, semifinals and finals.
After that tournament I got more confidence and more belief that I can do well and I can surprise and get far into the Grand Slam here in US Open.
Obviously, hard court is my favorite surface, the surface where I play my best tennis, and probably I'm most dangerous for the top guys here.
But, you know, looking at the past years in US Open I didn't do so well. I played two times third round. But this year is much different. You know, I had great results, impressive year, No. 3 of the world.
My best results were on this surface. So it's a positive thing for the continuation of the tournament.

Q. You've become the hot guy here. Is the business side of winning here on your mind, as well, winning in New York City?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's not my job to do these things off the court. That's why I have people who are working for me, you know, PR manager and manager, rest of the guys who are taking care of these business things, media, activities off the court.
Of course it's important always to promote yourself on best possible way. Today it's all about the business, entertainment. Tennis is not such an entertaining sport I can say as basketball and football, soccer is. We are trying our best to present, promote the tennis more and more. We push the crowd, give the crowd something to cheer about, to feel the energy and the excitement.
I think it's getting even better. Here in States it's a special atmosphere because the fans are really trying to enjoy. It's a lot of entertainment. Sometimes it can disturb the player if they're walking and talking, but it's a great atmosphere. It's something new. It's always good to see.

Q. What is the biggest reason you are a good player? Obviously you have talent, but what has brought you along? Family? Federation? School of tennis?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I can talk till tomorrow about that. I can say it was difficult to practice and develop into the professional tennis player coming from the country which didn't have -- never had such a big tennis tradition, so I had to leave in the early ages to somewhere else.
But still I was lucky to have always the best surroundings, good people with the good intentions with a lot of knowledge about tennis. Of course, as a base, I always had big support from the family. In the end, you know, it was me. I was pushing all the time and really had this hunger for the success. It all comes together.

Q. Serbian tennis is the big tennis story this year. Does the success of Ana and Jelena put pressure on you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, not at all. Actually, it motivates me more. I really want to do well when I see them playing well. It's normal always to have pressure. That's a normal thing. If you don't have pressure, then something is wrong with you.
Obviously Federer doesn't look that he has pressure, but he has. Everybody has pressure. If you're playing well, doing well, you have a lot of expectations, people watching you as one of the favorites on every tournament. There's always that pressure.
It's just a matter of you, how you deal with that pressure, if you mentally can break through.

Q. Do you and Ana and Jelena talk while you're on tour?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We never talk (laughter). Of course, we talk. Of course, we are good friends. We grew up together, especially with Ana. She's my age, my generation. We basically started playing tennis together. It's always good to see somebody you grew up with doing well.

Q. A couple years ago you were one of five teenagers with a lot of potential. How have you distanced yourself since then from the pack to get to No. 3?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yeah, it was always flattering to hear from the people and even the exchampions like McEnroe, Edberg and everybody saying that I was one of that guys that had the biggest potential to succeed in tennis, which was great for me.
You know, I didn't try to put too much attention on that. I tried to just focus on what I do, on tennis, practice hard. I knew that I had to go through a probably more difficult way than rest of the guys did, the young guys, because I was coming from the country, as I said, which was a small country with not too much financial support, sponsors.
I had to go through a difficult way. But looking back now, it's a positive thing for me because it made me stronger mentally.

Q. What specifically from being No. 16 last year to No. 3 last year is different about you? What is better?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, a lot of things. If you ask me about the game, I'll probably say that I'm more consistent from the baseline. I am stronger physically. It's one year, and in this stage, in the ages of 19, 20, one year is a lot because you are trying to break it through mentally, to work hard.
Physically probably I'm much stronger and I'm able to hold on through the five set matches, through difficult matches. Again, mentally I'm stronger because of a lot of tournaments, a lot of matches, a lot of experience. So all together.

Q. Roger Federer has said because you've never made it to a Grand Slam final he doesn't view you yet as a true challenge to him and obstacle to him at this year's US Open. In your opinion, does he respect you, your game?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I'm not the one who can judge his opinion. Everybody has a right for an opinion, of course. I respect what he says. Again, I have only the nice words for him. He's a gentleman on and off the court.
I've played him a couple of times. I had this opportunity. I lost four times out of five times. I won the last time. It's normal that still he thinks that, of course, I cannot be the biggest threat to him because, he's right, I didn't get to the finals of the Grand Slam.
But I'm slowly getting to that experience. I played two semifinals of a Grand Slam, one quarterfinal. Won couple of Masters Series, major tournaments. So slowly getting there.
I really don't try to put too much pressure on myself because of him commentating that or somebody else. I just try to go step by step because I'm only 20 years old. I'm not really in the rush to be No. 1 player of the world until end of this year.
I really look forward to the next challenges.

Q. When you beat all three of those guys, it's rare that you see a player having a breakthrough in one place. What did it feel like? As the day went by, did you feel the confidence more? What was that like to live through that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, well, it was the most impressive week of my career. But what I try to do is not to be too happy, too satisfied with my win over Roddick or Nadal. I tried to just look and focus on myself on next match and recover.
I played day after day, which is difficult. Finish late with Nadal. Next day started with Roger. I really impress a lot of people, and myself, that I manage to recover and really play well in that final.
It felt great. I felt great. After the tournament, as I said before, more confidence, more belief, more trust in myself. Looking at generally in this year, I made some amazing results. I honestly didn't expect that in the start of the year. But playing on the hard courts, I feel most comfortable on the court here.
US Open now, it's the last Grand Slam, one of the four biggest tournaments in tennis. Everybody's motivated, even myself. I really want to do well. This is the obviously the Grand Slam where still I didn't pass the third round, so we'll see what happens.

Q. How much of an ambition it is of yours to make tennis a conversation of a third player, a three way rivalry?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That's what I'm trying to do on the court and people around here, off the court as well, to push me into this group of three players. But still it's difficult. They're two best players of the world, two most dominant players in today's tennis. They win 90% of the tournaments basically, the most important ones.
Everybody wants to see a match between Federer and Nadal on any surface. It's tough to get attention on you. But, again, as I said, I'm not paying too much attention on media, stuff around off the court. My job is to do well on the tennis court and to start winning. When you start winning in tournaments and matches, automatically you get the attention on yourself.

Q. The other day you talked about your new impression of Roger. What do you do with him?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'm just doing impression, nothing else.

Q. What are you doing?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Everything you see him do on the court I try to do. But it's just for fun. I want to make people laugh and enjoy a little bit, bring something new.
I'm not trying to make fun of everybody, you know. I don't think that he got that wrong if he saw it. I don't think he saw it.

Q. Is your family building a tennis facility?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes. As I said, we still don't have professional conditions and facilities back in our country for tennis, even though tennis is probably No. 1 sport now popularity wise in our country. We really deserve that.
We really deserve at least one National Tennis Center where we and rest of the -- the priority is, of course, the kids, the talents, to give them opportunity to practice and develop an help them out so they can have a bit easier way to the professional tennis.
Serbia is a country, government and everybody, is trying to build a National Tennis Center. The other hand, I'm trying with my family to have a tennis center by our own as well.

Q. You will own it privately, your family?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes.

Q. It will be open to all?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: To everybody, yeah, of course. I mean, one of the ideas is to help the young kids practicing. We'll give to the biggest talents of course the best conditions and best facility they can have.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

ce2
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
:yeah:
:woohoo:

jitterbug
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sending my kids to the Djokocentre! :hearts:

jitterbug
08-29-2007, 10:23 AM
And Jess...

:secret: If you ever get bored of all the fit mannies walking around Flushing Meadows, a little birdie told me that Court 6 would be a pretty cool place to hang out circa 1pm :awww: :o

Alyz
08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
It's great that people are working to give talented kids better chances to train in Serbia. I bet Novak, Ana and Jelena have already made many kids pick up a racket.

And Jess...

:secret: If you ever get bored of all the fit mannies walking around Flushing Meadows, a little birdie told me that Court 6 would be a pretty cool place to hang out circa 1pm :awww: :o

I want to hang around there too :awww:

jitterbug
08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I want to hang around there too :awww:

As do I :sobbing:

Magenta
08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
That's a fantastic interview, I wish more of the people that dislike him would listen to what he says, his real intentions and not just assume. To me its plain that when he imitates a player he's not making fun of the player, his intention is not to hurt them or poke fun but to entertain and in turn promote tennis.

It's great that people are working to give talented kids better chances to train in Serbia. I bet Novak, Ana and Jelena have already made many kids pick up a racket.

Its kind of unreal what they have done. I was there a little while ago (during Wimbledon) and in the morning I would wake up to the sound of tennis balls being hit..mind you there are eight courts outside our house. The kids go at it till midnight at times and even the ones not playing on the courts (because its still expensive by Serbian standards- $5 per day) carry around racquets or will be playing handball using the tennis scoring method.

I knew tennis was big when my neighbour who last time I visited knew nothing about tennis started discussing tiebreak technicalities :silly: It really is fantastic that Nole is now giving something back to the community!

savesthedizzle
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I'll see what I can do, but I can make no promises :(

jitterbug
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll see what I can do, but I can make no promises :(

No problem :smooch: don't come home before you've got yourself a Serbian flag! (and probably very drunk in the process :p)

PennyThePenguin
08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes. I am old, SW my memory is not what it used to be. If I didn't email the boy last week, then it's forgotten ;)

:haha: :haha:

and oh jessita. would it be too much to ask for you to pop in for uhm...10 seconds or so at 11am to Louis Armstrong? :angel:

PennyThePenguin
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
and I'm happy novakito won :D and I like the interview, especially the djokocentre bit :D

Suzi
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
:dance: great win Nole on to the 2nd round!!!

Lee
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
That's a fantastic interview, I wish more of the people that dislike him would listen to what he says, his real intentions and not just assume. To me its plain that when he imitates a player he's not making fun of the player, his intention is not to hurt them or poke fun but to entertain and in turn promote tennis.

Unfortunately, Nole's haters will discard his interview as PR bluff, blah blah blah.

:haha: :haha:

and oh jessita. would it be too much to ask for you to pop in for uhm...10 seconds or so at 11am to Louis Armstrong? :angel:

same here but for a different guy. :lol:

MosquitoBitten
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Do we know if Nole will play tomorrow or Friday? I need to plan my work schedule accordingly. ;)

neenah
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Do we know if Nole will play tomorrow or Friday? I need to plan my work schedule accordingly. ;)

I don't know but I hope he plays tomorrow so I can see him! :D

And no more rain in the forecast tomorrow YESSSS! :woohoo:

B.Bojan
08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Today's match was a good first round match :) Nole wasn't his best, but got adjusted and got a win under his belt :) I'll post my pics eventually :p

Best part was when all the kids ran down to get ready to get autographs a point or two before the match was over. The chair yelled at them and Haase goes to them, "Just one more minute" :rolls:

Hmmm, I saw that T-shirt catching :) And I saw one girl that almost caught the shirt, but it went higher than her.. I think she even touched it.. Is that you?

There was one more moment in the last set, when Haase was getting the balls for serve and suddenly he yelled... Novak's reaction was hilarious :lol: He really knows to make tennis more atractive than it already is..

I also liked the fact he chased every single ball.. He was very persisting (not sure this is the right word, but what the hell :lol: my dictionary says it is :lol: )

Scotso
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
When did I do this? I may have, and just forgotten :p

I remember that. We were all so excited when someone found it and we all send him emails. :D

Lee
08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't know but I hope he plays tomorrow so I can see him! :D

And no more rain in the forecast tomorrow YESSSS! :woohoo:

Sorry, Nole is not playing tomorrow.

Jelena_78
08-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes,I just saw the schedule for tomorrow.
Does someone know forecast for next few days in New York? I hope the Wimbledon scenario won't happen again...,hope there'll be no rain on Friday,and it won't happen that Mister R.F. finishes his second round match tonight,and others...:rolleyes:

jitterbug
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
OMG - I just saw that Tim Henman won his match! :woohoo:

musefanatic
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Woo yay Tim :woohoo: Good luck in the second round Nole :woohoo:

neenah
08-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Sorry, Nole is not playing tomorrow.

:sobbing: Is that three-second sighting from Saturday going to be my only Nole sighting until at least next year?

Lee
08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
:sobbing: Is that three-second sighting from Saturday going to be my only Nole sighting until at least next year?

:awww: Hunt him down in practise court! :hug:

neenah
08-30-2007, 02:02 AM
:awww: Hunt him down in practise court! :hug:

I hope to. I guess that's better anyway because he'll be a lot closer. :D

savesthedizzle
08-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Guys I tried to make Frank win, he failed me. So I went to Gulbis, who I love now. I took pics, but I am tired they won't get dl-ed now. Then I napped on the grass for a while and then went to Alize and Janko :D

Good day :D

Lee
08-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Frank :smash: :o :rolleyes:

Although I shouldn't have too big expectation the way he struggled thru quali.

uglyamerican
08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Yes,I just saw the schedule for tomorrow.
Does someone know forecast for next few days in New York? I hope the Wimbledon scenario won't happen again...,hope there'll be no rain on Friday,and it won't happen that Mister R.F. finishes his second round match tonight,and others...:rolleyes:

Possible chance of off-and-on showers during the day. Clear in the evening.

uglyamerican
08-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Woo yay Tim

Tim :rocker2:

Janko :clap2:

Alyz
08-30-2007, 07:32 AM
So I went to Gulbis, who I love now.

Excellent :hearts:

I'm so happy for Tim :D

jitterbug
08-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Guys I tried to make Frank win, he failed me. So I went to Gulbis, who I love now. I took pics, but I am tired they won't get dl-ed now. Then I napped on the grass for a while and then went to Alize and Janko :D

Good day :D

You could be, like, his eleventh wife :hearts: