anti-Roddick thread moved to Roddick forum? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

anti-Roddick thread moved to Roddick forum?

Scotso
08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Can someone please explain who moved this thread ( http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107920 ) and why? I mean, moving an anti-Roddick thread to the Roddick forum so that the mod there can just close it makes no sense whatsoever.

GlennMirnyi
08-15-2007, 03:08 AM
What a :sobbing: :baby: this KarolBeckFan.

bad gambler
08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
No idea but does it matter? It's closed one way or another.

Jogy
08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
what is Karolbeckfan (= Cheater Fan) whining like a baby again about a thread of a player he hates? :baby:

:rolls:

Scotso
08-15-2007, 11:54 PM
No idea but does it matter? It's closed one way or another.

It does matter. There are tons of threads in GM attacking players that are much worse than that one was, and they remain open. Why was this one closed?

rocketassist
08-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Crybaby alert....

bad gambler
08-16-2007, 12:24 AM
It does matter. There are tons of threads in GM attacking players that are much worse than that one was, and they remain open. Why was this one closed?

Ok well that seems to be different to what you alluded to in your first post where you seemed to have a problem with the way the Roddick thread you referred to was dealt with.

As to this particular concern my response is going to be similar to the one I gave Tennis Fool about his thread being moved to NT from GM – if you think there is a thread in GM has overstepped the mark in terms of player bashing you have to let the mod group know via the report function. The fact that there may be some that still remain could be as a result of 1 of 2 things
- The moderator has not seen it as yet
- The thread has not been reported by another user to alert the moderator group

Now if you are alluding to the fact that the mods are showing some kind of bias towards certain players in terms of how certain threads are being dealt with I’ll point you to the following GM threads that have been closed/deleted in the past 2 weeks which have related to a player:
- “Watch Ljuba truba lose today”
- “is Gaudio gay?”
- “Fed is starting to look his age”
- “Roddick’s handshake”
- “Saturday Nadal bashing”
- “Jim Courier’s new boyfriend”
- “Lets have a laugh at American Tennis”

So again, not sure what your point is here. As I said above if you have a problem with some of the current GM threads got to let us know.

Scotso
08-16-2007, 01:47 AM
I also find it odd that despite the great new rules of MTF, I have to put up with posts like the three in this thread.

Scotso
08-16-2007, 01:48 AM
So again, not sure what your point is here. As I said above if you have a problem with some of the current GM threads got to let us know.

My point is that I'm curious what the barometer is for a thread remaining open or being closed?

Is any thread that is complained about closed? Why are some open (like the Pig Roaster or whatever thread) and this one closed?

Frankly, I don't understand why a thread that was posted about a legitimate news article was closed. :shrug: If people made posts in the thread that were bad, then those posts can be deleted. But I fail to see why the thread itself is closed.

I'm well aware that you and most other people on this board don't like me very much, but I have the right to inquire about these things. The thread was not reported in GM and closed. It was moved to the Roddick forum. And then Deb closed it, because she is a Roddick fan.

That's a lot different from a thread being deemed unsuitable in GM.

Tytta!.
08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Andy forum is a friendly place, we don't need to deal with that :help: thread. ;)

Scotso
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
The thread never should have been moved there in the first place.

Tytta!.
08-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty much sure that when mean threads about your favorite player are moved to his forum and they are closed, you don't complain about them. So yeah. :)

Scotso
08-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Mean threads about my favorite player aren't moved to his forum.

Tennis Fool
08-20-2007, 03:56 AM
There is a moderator, who've I whittled down to one person, who has no clue what they are doing with GM threads.