Montreal media not disappointed to see Andy leave [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Montreal media not disappointed to see Andy leave

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 03:05 AM
I read most of this in a newspaper, the rest I've heard from radio commentators.

So apparently Andy wasn't in his finest mood during his week in Montreal and he made sure that everyone noticed it. Here's some highlights :

After his loss to Djokovic in the quarters, he smashed his racquet so hard against the lockerroom wall that it went into the wall and Andy couldn't take it out. :lol:

He apparently repeatedly told some tournament volunteers to "Speak White" when they had trouble speaking English, saying that "This is North America, speak English". Smart and most definitely culturally aware... (NOT CONFIRMED)... hearsay.

He also spit on a linesperson water bottle after losing a point during one of his matches.

He suddenly left an autograph session for kids, complaining about the fact that he "couldn't understand what they were saying".

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2889/img0517kf8.th.jpg (http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0517kf8.jpg)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4787/img0518og5.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0518og5.jpg)

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 03:07 AM
I left out the fact that he was arrogant and mean to the journalists, because it's getting old. But those new little anecdotes I thought were very interesting and enlightening ;)

twisturhead
08-14-2007, 03:07 AM
lol at that racket

thome
08-14-2007, 03:08 AM
he s american :devil: :devil: :devil:

njnetswill
08-14-2007, 03:10 AM
he s american :devil: :devil: :devil:

Correction: He was born in Nebraska and lives in Texas. :devil: :devil: :devil:

thome
08-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Correction: He was born in Nebraska and lives in Texas. :devil: :devil: :devil:i was just kidding anyway....btw: do you have msn? would like to ask you some stuff about tipping etc on this site?

gusman890
08-14-2007, 03:35 AM
Texas is its own country :)

User ID 29337
08-14-2007, 03:37 AM
What a jerk

Hurley
08-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Links? Sources? No?

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Links? Sources? No?
Well not every local articles are online you know. I'll happily scan the article in question though.

LoveFifteen
08-14-2007, 04:30 AM
You can't believe everything you hear. You really think he would say to people, "Speak white"? That seems too insolent even for Roddick.

amierin
08-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Well not every local articles are online you know. I'll happily scan the article in question though.

Please do. You can't post something like this and not give a source.

Volcanic Tennis
08-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Hm..
This sounds odd to me, because the volunteers that brought players to practice courts were all VERY English, you know. They spoke good French, you know, but they WERE English. :tape:

lazyman
08-14-2007, 04:37 AM
is this true can someone reliable confirm this

Allure
08-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Well I don't know how the poster would cite or link a radio. :scratch:

Louche
08-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Please do. You can't post something like this and not give a source.

Hey, Amierin-Ti-Amie - Nice to see you. :D Say hi to the guys.

I was trying to find stuff online about the Roddick thing - looked in Le Journal, La Presse and Gazette. Maybe I missed it. :shrug:

amierin
08-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey, Ti-Amie - Nice to see you. :D Say hi to the guys.

I was trying to find stuff online about the Roddick thing - looked in Le Journal, La Presse and Gazette. Maybe I missed it. :shrug:

Back atcha Louche. We miss you.

GVGirl1
08-14-2007, 04:51 AM
Hey Amierin and Louche!

This is some serious stuff about AROD. I have to see this article.

amierin
08-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Hey Amierin and Louche!

This is some serious stuff about AROD. I have to see this article.

Hi GVGirl1! Welcome. And yes, I want to see it too.

lina_seta
08-14-2007, 05:01 AM
is this true can someone reliable confirm this

Well i was there in his match agaisnt baghdatis and djokovic.
I lined up late for autographs after bagh's match... he was the only player to storm across the aftermatch signing session.. unlike all other players who really took the time to sign as many as they could, he zigzag-ed his way through the crowd signing as quickly as he could and went away... (he clearly does not appreciate his fans too much)
wat a let down... his autograph was the only i couldnt get... but i got world #3,2,1 haha.. and ANDY IS NOT ONE OF THEM

then after the novak match i lined up early this time... and when andy came out after the lost he was SOOOO mad... he walked as close as running as u can get without actually doing it. And he was audibly repeating "F*CK, F*CK, F*CK"... and no fan moved or said anything cuz we were a lil bit shocked.

GVGirl1
08-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi GVGirl1! Welcome. And yes, I want to see it too.

Thanks for the Welcome. I am a lurker and never post, but this Andy incident interests me. If it's true, he won't hear the end of it in the US Press.

lina_seta
08-14-2007, 05:12 AM
I read most of this in a newspaper, the rest I've heard from radio commentators.

So apparently Andy wasn't in his finest mood during his week in Montreal and he made sure that everyone noticed it. Here's some highlights :

After his loss to Djokovic in the quarters, he smashed his racquet so hard against the lockerroom wall that it went into the wall and Andy couldn't take it out. :lol:

He apparently repeatedly told some tournament volunteers to "Speak White" when they had trouble speaking English, saying that "This is North America, speak English". Smart and most definitely culturally aware...

He also spit on a linesperson water bottle after losing a point during one of his matches.

He suddenly left an autograph session for kids, complaining about the fact that he "couldn't understand what they were saying".

according to what i just recounted about the novak aftermatch the racket smashing is ABSOLUTELY possible...
in fact im sure he did something extreme once he was away from the public... boy was he pissed.

darnyelb
08-14-2007, 05:13 AM
he probably acted up a little, but I really really doubt it's as bad as the article is saying. C'mon, "Speak White" ?! Who actually believes he said that?

lina_seta
08-14-2007, 05:17 AM
Hm..
This sounds odd to me, because the volunteers that brought players to practice courts were all VERY English, you know. They spoke good French, you know, but they WERE English. :tape:

im not sure what he meant by speak white... but a lot of ppl here speak english with a slight french accent... :confused: was he referring to that? anyhow that would be wayyy over the line... thats too rude.

Sofyaxo
08-14-2007, 05:18 AM
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

I'm sorry, but if anyone believes this they are completely retarded.

And no, a player isn't going to be happy and excited after losing a match. After losing would you like to deal with crowds of people asking you for autographs and pictures? Yeah no.

Fee
08-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Most of this seems like utter BS to me. So what if he didn't sign autographs after a loss, most players don't and no decent tennis fan should expect them to.

He broke a racquet, whoop de doo (because no other player has ever done that before). Oooo, he said Fuck. Perhaps he should play in the NFL. They say it all the time, at the linesmen and referees, and that makes them macho.

You jerk Andy, you picked the wrong sport to play.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Most of this seems like utter BS to me. So what if he didn't sign autographs after a loss, most players don't and no decent tennis fan should expect them to.

He broke a racquet, whoop de doo (because no other player has ever done that before). Oooo, he said Fuck. Perhaps he should play in the NFL. They say it all the time, at the linesmen and referees, and that makes them macho.

:worship:

Great Post. Most tennis fans need to man up.

tangerine_dream
08-14-2007, 05:25 AM
This story sounds almost as bad as the one where someone claimed he crumpled up and threw away some children's birthday cards...right in front of them. :lol: It's so ridiculously out of character for Roddick that I have a hard time believing any of it. Especially the "speak white" part. And pretty much the rest of it. Where'd you get this from? The National Enquirer?

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 05:26 AM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2889/img0517kf8.th.jpg (http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0517kf8.jpg)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4787/img0518og5.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0518og5.jpg)

Ok so those are the two newspaper articles that mention Andy. The first one is about how the journalists have awarded the "Gentleman" award to Federer (Such a surprise). But they conclude with : Federer's attitude makes up for a jerk ala Andy Roddick. Sorry if that picture's a little blurry.

The second one's where his little antics are mentioned. The spitting, the racquet in the wall and the leaving the autograph session.

As for the Speak white comments, "this is North America", etc. they've all been heard on the radio by a friend of mine who's pretty reliable. I will ask him if that's what he really heard.

I know the articles are in French, someone probably understands it here, it's pretty late and I don't feel like translating. Maybe tomorrow.

lina_seta
08-14-2007, 05:28 AM

well compared to the other players he definitely acted as the most spoiled one.
no one signs autographs after a loss.. thats the rule :rolleyes: ... (cept dancevic cuz he was at home). Its the fact that even after winning andy acts indifferently.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM

If he breaks a racquet, I could care less, but if he shoves it into a wall, actually damaging the tournament's installations, well I think that shows a lot of disrespect and I find it completely out of order and stupid.

GVGirl1
08-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Ok so those are the two newspaper articles that mention Andy. The first one is about how the journalists have awarded the "Gentleman" award to Federer (Such a surprise). But they conclude with : Federer's attitude makes up for a jerk ala Andy Roddick. Sorry if that picture's a little blurry.

The second one's where his little antics are mentioned. The spitting, the racquet in the wall and the leaving the autograph session.

As for the Speak white comments, "this is North America", etc. they've all been heard on the radio by a friend of mine who's pretty reliable. I will ask him if that's what he really heard.

I know the articles are in French, someone probably understands it here, it's pretty late and I don't feel like translating. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for posting. I have to translate it later. Good Night from the USA East coast.

hablovah19
08-14-2007, 05:33 AM

The second article's title says it all. "Roddick: Bon débarras" means "Roddick : Good riddance". Damn! Pretty harsh. :haha:
Anyhow, the second article pretty much says what you mentioned earlier : the part about blowing off the media, leaving an autograph session for kids early since he couldn't understand what they were saying :rolleyes: , spitting on a water bottle (of a kid - I guess they mean ballboys? :scratch: ) when he missed a ball and the part of the racket (it getting stuck in a wall :eek: ) after Djokovic's match is also mentionned. Yikes. :lol:

Roddick didn't make a good impression. That's for sure. :help:

I'm going to read first article in a minute. ;)

Thanks for the links though.

edit : in the first article "Mettons que cela compense, très heureusement, pour un con à la Andy Roddick"!!! Wow.................. :haha:

sykotique
08-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Wow, they sure read the riot act in that one...

Sofyaxo
08-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Andy's an asshole blah blah blah.

I'm still calling BS.

Spend a day with him. Watch him with his charity doing worth for that. Where is the clip of him crying while seeing a kid suffering from cancer that he knew.

Fucking selfish jerk. Blowing off fans because he lost.

Way too easy to just believe everything you read.

Louche
08-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Thanks for posting. He did act like a "con" according to the article.

Le cow-boy :lol:

sykotique
08-14-2007, 05:52 AM

I'm still calling BS.

Spend a day with him. Watch him with his charity doing worth for that. Where is the clip of him crying while seeing a kid suffering from cancer that he knew.

With Andy Roddick, there's a bit of good and there's a bit of bad, as he himself admits.

Some people will choose to focus on the good - these are his fans. Fair enough.

That, however, is not enough to stop others to from focussing on the bad. And this doesn't just go for Andy, but for all players on tour. I'm sceptical about the source of the article myself, but if it were true, it would not necessarily be vindicated just because he may be, at heart, a good person. Good people do bad stuff too and they are as responsible for those actions as the bad people that do bad stuff as well.

Volcanic Tennis
08-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Mirnyi signed after losing.
And they were not francophones - they were anglophones, the volunteers, most of them. I swear to god :p You all act as if there are only francophones here in Montreal...

I don't really believe all this stuff.

tangerine_dream
08-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Ten_Isse_Fan still hasn't named the source of this tabloid rumor.

With Andy Roddick, there's a bit of good and there's a bit of bad, as he himself admits.

Some people will choose to focus on the good - these are his fans. Fair enough.

That, however, is not enough to stop others to from focussing on the bad. And this doesn't just go for Andy, but for all players on tour. I'm sceptical about the source of the article myself, but if it were true, it would not necessarily be vindicated just because he may be, at heart, a good person. Good people do bad stuff too and they are as responsible for those actions as the bad people that do bad stuff as well.
I think you're missing the point that many of these alleged actions go completely against Roddick's character. Spitting on ballboys? Telling people to "speak white"? Please. They are as unfathomable as Federer physically abusing the Wimbledon ball kids (did you hear that nasty rumor?). Spreading such falsehoods is tantamount to character assassination.

Get it now?

sykotique
08-14-2007, 06:19 AM
I think you're missing the point that many of these alleged actions go completely against Roddick's character. Spitting on ballboys? Telling people to "speak white"? Please. They are as unfathomable as Federer physically abusing the Wimbledon ball kids (did you hear that nasty rumor?). Spreading such falsehoods is tantamount to character assassination.

Get it now?

Gotcha. It's just that, in general, I get so tired of the "he does charity" line that I have a knee-jerk response. Federer makes a bitter comment: "But he does charity!" Ljubicic fails to give his opponent credit: "But he does charity!"

It can get a little old, that's all, especially as practically all top players MUST support a charity if they want any kind of goodwill sponsorship.

Johnny Groove
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Mirnyi signed after losing.

What does that have to do with anything? He loses as often as Federer wins

Allure
08-14-2007, 06:25 AM
If it's true, Andy is a jerk. :rolleyes:

darnyelb
08-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Gotcha. It's just that, in general, I get so tired of the "he does charity" line that I have a knee-jerk response. Federer makes a bitter comment: "But he does charity!" Ljubicic fails to give his opponent credit: "But he does charity!"

It can get a little old, that's all, especially as practically all top players MUST support a charity if they want any kind of goodwill sponsorship.

I kind of agree with this. I like Roddick and all of the top players as people, but the fact that someone isn't a complete sociopath (and come on, you'd have to be if a deathly ill child doesn't affect you) doesn't mean that individual has some serious character flaws.

Allure
08-14-2007, 06:31 AM

Agreed. I hate it when people use charity as proof that their idols or fave celebrities must be a good person. :rolleyes:

rmb6687
08-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Charity is not an excuse or a justification for those actions, if he committed them. "Speak White"? I would really hope he didn't say that, and if he left a signing for children. Why even go in the first place, its not like he should get confused if a kid shoves a huge tennis ball in his face...obviously, you sign it.

Furthermore, I've seen andy after a match were he won and lost. I knew he was pissed and he didn't sign autographs and he's not the only that does that. After winning, no he's not beaming (esp after he has done some boring press thing) but he signs shit really face and for at least half the people. But you have to imagine how many damn people are wanting his signature. How many people want Max Miryny's sig? Not a whole lot, so I can't imagine why he would reject the five people asking for it. And saying "fuck"? Are you guys seriously offended about that?

Spitting, ruining property? That's not cool at all.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Ten_Isse_Fan still hasn't named the source of this tabloid rumor. :lol:

But you know the ones who want to believe the worst about Andy will believe anything they read/hear about Andy. The illiterate Faux News fans. :lol:
Le Journal de Montréal is not a tabloid and I don't see why they'd go around spreading false rumours about Andy Roddick, it's not like it's gonna make such a bang. Usually when you wanna spread false rumours, you make sure it's gonna sell. This article practically went unnoticed.

I hate the fact that you're so condescending towards people who believe what's written there. The disappointing stuff about your favorite can't always be the fruit of an evil mind who made it his personal mission to destroy Andy Roddick's reputation.

I don't see how all of this is so "out of character" for Andy. It's not the first time I read about his attitude issues, or witness them.

Allure
08-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Charity is not an excuse or a justification for those actions, if he committed them. "Speak White"? I would really hope he didn't say that, and if he left a signing for children. Why even go in the first place, its not like he should get confused if a kid shoves a huge tennis ball in his face...obviously, you sign it.

Furthermore, I've seen andy after a match were he won and lost. I knew he was pissed and he didn't sign autographs and he's not the only that does that. After winning, no he's not beaming (esp after he has done some boring press thing) but he signs shit really face and for at least half the people. But you have to imagine how many damn people are wanting his signature. How many people want Max Miryny's sig? Not a whole lot, so I can't imagine why he would reject the five people asking for it. And saying "fuck"? Are you guys seriously offended about that?

Spitting, ruining property? That's not cool at all.

I know Glenn Miryni would be the first in line for Max's autograph. :lol:

Scotso
08-14-2007, 06:55 AM

I'm still calling BS.

And have you spent a day with him? Please. Everyone knows that he's not the nicest guy in the world.

If you're a fan, fine, whatever. But don't go saying something someone said is BS simply because you refuse to accept it.

And yes, blowing off your fans when you lose isn't nice. I don't care if lots of people do it, you should always treat fans well, they're the ones that make these people rich playing a game.

Scotso
08-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Spreading such falsehoods is tantamount to character assassination.

Get it now?

Same for you. The fact that you refuse to believe anything negative about your favorite doesn't mean that it isn't true.

RonE
08-14-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't know how credible these sources are but if the part about him smashing his racquet into the wall is true then that's pretty damn funny :lol:

Johnny Groove
08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I know Glenn Miryni would be the first in line for Max's autograph. :lol:

The first and the last :lol:

Marek.
08-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Didn't Andy punch a hole in the wall after the 2005 Wimbledon final?

Mechlan
08-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I can believe the racket smashing and surly behavior after a loss - hell, even his fans should admit that's in character, because he is extremely competitive. But I don't believe the spitting or the "speak white" comment except maybe as tongue-in-cheek humor that was totally misinterpreted. Andy loses his cool sometimes, but from everything I've seen of him, he's essentially a good guy. I find it very hard to believe he would be deliberately rude, certainly not with fans - and especially not kids. Not without there being some other side to this story we haven't heard.

Castafiore
08-14-2007, 08:20 AM
He apparently repeatedly told some tournament volunteers to "Speak White" when they had trouble speaking English, saying that "This is North America, speak English". Smart and most definitely culturally aware... (NOT CONFIRMED)... hearsay.
Unless this is confirmed by a credible source, I don't think it's fair to hold this sort of thing against Roddick. Perhaps he did say that but I'm having a hard time believing the "Speak White" thing.

Some posters say that some Roddick fans don't want to accept the negative stuff written about him but on the other side of that coin: others are too eager to accept rumours and innuendo.

Furthermore, that first article (scan) is unreal. How about portraying these players as humans instead of this black and white view, the saint vs the demon.
:rolleyes:

Allure
08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
The first and the last :lol:

I was behind him but only to sell the autograph on Ebay. How else will I pay my tuition. :shrug:

Action Jackson
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
This doesn't surprise me, especially the reactions, at the same time everyone can be an arsehole at times and also the people that have bad reputations are capable of random acts of kindness.

As for charity, well it's a tax break and that's always a good thing for these people, plus it makes them look good in the process.

The autograph thing when a player loses, sure it would be good if they did that regularly, but it's something that doesn't happen very often, usually they want to get away from the court and blow off steam.

As for Roddick, well I don't like the guy, but like any human he can be a true dickhead and people need to accept this and he can be good as well, but that goes back to my first initial point.

Johnny Groove
08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I was behind him but only to sell the autograph on Ebay. How else will I pay my tuition. :shrug:

Well, rarity of the item does raise its value. But who wants to buy something like that? :rolleyes:

Allure
08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, rarity of the item does raise its value. But who wants to buy something like that? :rolleyes:

Some guy named GlennMiryni2107 bidded on my item. :shrug:

Action Jackson
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

I didn't think 1 cent was allowed to be bid for an item.

Allure
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Had to set the price low or no one would buy it.

MariaV
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM

:haha: :haha:

williaer
08-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm this sounds very un-Andy to me! I've seen Andy several times after a match signing quite a few autographs, and even after a loss (however this was at Kooyong, not at a 'real tournament'). While he signs a few, he doesn't always have a huge smile on his face; after you win/lose you just want to go and have a rest, but you sign autographs because it's the right thing to do. I hope, and believe the 'speak white' comment is not true/was said as a joke and has been taken out of context because it doesn't sound like something he'd say and it'd be disappointed if he did say it and mean it.

So many people go on about how Andy's a horrible guy in real life, but I'm yet to see any proof of that first hand, so I'll wait until I see it before I believe it, but it's sad that the press in Montreal aren't happy with him. Making enemies it not the best way to go about things!

laure xxx
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Was this in GM? :o

merce
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
dont know, but i hope so :o

those articles look like tabloid stories, i mean even look at the picture of Andy they used :crazy:

Winston's Human
08-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Was this in GM? :o

It was in GM last night.

While I believe that Andy was pissed and blew off signing autographs, I do not believe the "speak white" comment occurred. Furthermore, the article's pejorative use of the term "cowboy" raises a whiff of the snottiness of the Canadian media regarding the USA which undermines its credibility.

kaylee
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Hmmmm I find this strange too I have seen Andy play many times and even when he has lost and not happy he has signed a few. When Rafa lost the other night to Noly he just walked off the court and didn't sign any does that make him bad too? The racket smashing I can believe that is not unusual BUT the "speak white" - what a strange comment. Having spent the weekend in Montreal and my French is not great, I can understand how frustrated u may get when someone comes at you talking in a language you don't understand. However u deal with it and try to adapt perhaps it was in the heat of the moment. May be he was just being his usual jerk self!!!!!

Sofyaxo
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Aww this could have gone on forever if it was still in GM. :awww:

kaylee
08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Heehee ya know another day another tornament - a couple of years ago in Toronto Roger lets rip a really rude word and then also he said that his loss to Noly in Monteral was "insignificant" - I actually find that comment insulting to Noly did anyone else take it like that????

Winston's Human
08-14-2007, 03:25 PM
"Speak white" is such a wierd expression that it raises doubts for me about the whole report. I can honestly say that, in all my years in Texas, I have never heard that expression.

Tytta!.
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
wtf.

knight_ley
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
This whole thing is :rolleyes:.

kristanmichelle
08-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Parts of the accusations sound like Andy, others really do not.

I do not think Andy smashed the raquet into the wall. More upset than Andy about the loss of the match, the raquet lept to its death, careening into the wall. It must be concluded that it was (another) suicide. :cool:

But there must be something exceptionally disturbing about Roddick swearing, because there is a report every time he utters an explicative, followed by a surge of shock and indignation. :rolleyes: (alright, maybe not every time, but all to frequently)

Heehee ya know another day another tornament - a couple of years ago in Toronto Roger lets rip a really rude word and then also he said that his loss to Noly in Monteral was "insignificant" - I actually find that comment insulting to Noly did anyone else take it like that????

I noticed that too. I thought latching on to the term, "insignificant" was quite a dig. But, Roger would never do something like that, it must have been Andy pretending to be Fed. :devil:

tangerine_dream
08-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm glad this was moved to the AR forum, now Re or Deb can close it. :dance:

Le Journal de Montréal is not a tabloid and I don't see why they'd go around spreading false rumours about Andy Roddick
Looks like we got our answer. Ten-Isse-Fan clearly has no idea what a tabloid newspaper looks like. :lol:

http://i14.tinypic.com/4t8tyl3.jpg

Tytta!.
08-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Check your PM box, Tangy. ;)

TwistedDesire.
08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Le Journal de Montréal is not a tabloid and I don't see why they'd go around spreading false rumours about Andy Roddick, it's not like it's gonna make such a bang. Usually when you wanna spread false rumours, you make sure it's gonna sell. This article practically went unnoticed.

Le Journal de Montréal is half bullshit and everyone knows that.
It's one of the worst newspapers in Canada.
They like controversial articles that will make people react; basically it's the tabloid version of a serious newspaper. Anyone who denies that clearly never read La Presse or Le Devoir - I don't think any of those newspapers would go writing something like "pour un con à la Andy Roddick". They have no credibility whatsoever.

The article doesn't mention the "speak white" thing - I don't think he said that.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Le Journal de Montréal is half bullshit and everyone knows that.
It's one of the worst newspapers in Canada.
They like controversial articles that will make people react; basically it's the tabloid version of a serious newspaper. Anyone who denies that clearly never read La Presse or Le Devoir - I don't think any of those newspapers would go writing something like "pour un con à la Andy Roddick". They have no credibility whatsoever.

The article doesn't mention the "speak white" thing - I don't think he said that.
Oh please, Ronald King works at La Presse and he's about as biased as they come, don't start being all high and mighty. I still don't get why they would write such things is NOTHING at all was true. And like I said, practically no one cared about that article, it was in the lower right corner of a page. If they really wanted to make noise with it, they'd have put it somewhere else. Just doesn't seem logical to me. Andy has to have done something to piss the people off in Montréal, else he wouldn't have such things written about him. Hewitt doesn't look like the most amazing guy with the media, yet they praised him in that same article, saying it was a joy to see little Mia run into his arms after every match, win or lose and how he would play with her for 15 minutes after his matches.

The "Speak White" thing is hearsay, it's not from the newspaper, it was on the radio. I already said that.

The way some of you put down every negative bit of information about Andy, insulting and depreciating the credibility of the authors is so typical of him. No wonder you're fans.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm glad this was moved to the AR forum, now Re or Deb can close it. :dance:

Looks like we got our answer. Ten-Isse-Fan clearly has no idea what a tabloid newspaper looks like. :lol:

http://i14.tinypic.com/4t8tyl3.jpg
You're too cute ;)

tangerine_dream
08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Unscrupulous individuals like Ten_Isse_Fan spend more time posting rumors about Roddick that he's read in some junk tabloid paper than he does talking his own favorite players. Makes you wonder if maybe he's just closet fan of Roddick's. Clearly nobody gets him as excited as Roddick does. :lol:

I wonder what other lies he'll try to pass off as factual?

TwistedDesire.
08-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh please, Ronald King works at La Presse and he's about as biased as they come, don't start being all high and mighty. I still don't get why they would write such things is NOTHING at all was true. And like I said, practically no one cared about that article, it was in the lower right corner of a page. If they really wanted to make noise with it, they'd have put it somewhere else. Just doesn't seem logical to me. Andy has to have done something to piss the people off in Montréal, else he wouldn't have such things written about him. Hewitt doesn't look like the most amazing guy with the media, yet they praised him in that same article, saying it was a joy to see little Mia run into his arms after every match, win or lose and how he would play with her for 15 minutes after his matches.

The way some of you put down every negative bit of information about Andy, insulting and depreciating the credibility of the authors is so typical of him. No wonder you're fans.

I must apologize about the La Presse comment - their sports section isn't much better at all. Sorry about that. :) They probably wouldn't phrase it like that but they'd definitely write about it.

I think you got me wrong though, my post wasn't even about that article at all - I'm not saying they wanted to make noise with it, I never said it was completely untrue and I never talked about that author's credibility. He might be a great sports author for all I know. I talked about the paper in general - I was just saying that Le Journal de Montréal is not very respected by the people who don't read it. Sorry if it came across as too "high and mighty", I didn't mean it like that. It's just when the cover story is "GAROU SE REPOSE À MONTRÉAL" and then you turn the page and you see that there was a bomb in a school, you have to realize it may not be the most serious newspaper out there.

I didn't say anything about the information in the article. I didn't "put down" negative information about Andy. I don't think it's completely untrue. Those might not be the full stories, but I don't think it's all fake.

I don't think the fact that it was in the bottom right corner changed anything though. People who care about tennis are the people who would react to it, and with a title like that - they'll read it.
I just think Andy's an easy target because he's not the most adored player in Montreal - I mean he's not hated at all, but a little bit of bad press can do a lot in Montréal (José Théodore, much? ;) ).

I didn't mean to insult that particular author or anything.
I guess it just annoyed me that some people are actually happy that Andy got bad press. Also I don't like that paper :p .
Once again I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

Edit.

Ehhh sorry for long post also haha.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Unscrupulous individuals like Ten_Isse_Fan spend more time posting rumors about Roddick that he's read in some junk tabloid paper than he does talking his own favorite players. Makes you wonder if maybe he's just closet fan of Roddick's. Clearly nobody gets him as excited as Roddick does.:lol:

I wonder what other lies he'll try to pass off as factual?
Oh god, calm down :lol: Trying to discredit me for posting what someone else wrote won't make you any smarter or Andy any nicer :p

And you really didn't choose the right front page to prove your tabloid point. Tsk.

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I must apologize about the La Presse comment - their sports section isn't much better at all. Sorry about that. :) They probably wouldn't phrase it like that but they'd definitely write about it.

I think you got me wrong though, my post wasn't even about that article at all - I'm not saying they wanted to make noise with it, I never said it was completely untrue and I never talked about that author's credibility. He might be a great sports author for all I know. I talked about the paper in general - I was just saying that Le Journal de Montréal is not very respected by the people who don't read it. Sorry if it came across as too "high and mighty", I didn't mean it like that. It's just when the cover story is "GAROU SE REPOSE À MONTRÉAL" and then you turn the page and you see that there was a bomb in a school, you have to realize it may not be the most serious newspaper out there.

I didn't say anything about the information in the article. I didn't "put down" negative information about Andy. I don't think it's completely untrue. Those might not be the full stories, but I don't think it's all fake.

I don't think the fact that it was in the bottom right corner changed anything though. People who care about tennis are the people who would react to it, and with a title like that - they'll read it.
I just think Andy's an easy target because he's not the most adored player in Montreal - I mean he's not hated at all, but a little bit of bad press can do a lot in Montréal (José Théodore, much? ;) ).

I didn't mean to insult that particular author or anything.
I guess it just annoyed me that some people are actually happy that Andy got bad press. Also I don't like that paper :p .
Once again I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

Edit.

Ehhh sorry for long post also haha.
It's all good ;) I've never been much of a fan of theirs either, especially when they cover with Star Académie when you got wars and people dying all over the world. :lol: I certainly do not agree with their list of priorities, but I never really thought of them as lie fabricants, so I just felt like it would bring some interesting discussions on MTF if I posted it. Can't say I've been disappointed so far. :lol:

TwistedDesire.
08-14-2007, 06:40 PM
It's all good ;) I've never been much of a fan of theirs either, especially when they cover with Star Académie when you got wars and people dying all over the world. :lol: I certainly do not agree with their list of priorities, but I never really thought of them as lie fabricants, so I just felt like it would bring some interesting discussions on MTF if I posted it. Can't say I've been disappointed so far. :lol:

Good, I felt bad because I thought I had personally offended you by saying they weren't "the best" when clearly I'm not very objective haha.
I mean obviously their target audience cares about Star Académie, only perhaps a newspaper should talk about the wars over that.

But yeah, I don't think they made all that stuff up. The way it was written was what made me a bit mad. :p All I'm saying is that after he had someone help him take his racket out of the wall I don't think he felt great about it and just walked away - I'd just like the full stories before believing it 100%.

acoffeygirl
08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Why did this stupid thread have to get moved here? Sigh....

TwistedDesire.
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Why did this stupid thread have to get moved here? Sigh....

So that I see it and get to bitch too, of course. ;)

tangerine_dream
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh god, calm down :lol: Trying to discredit me for posting what someone else wrote won't make you any smarter or Andy any nicer :p
Believing everything you read from gossip sheets and tabloid papers clearly doesn't make you Mensa material. I'm still :haha: over the "speak white" part, which is clearly a lie that you made up yourself and decided to throw in there pretending it was true. That was a nice touch but it also blew your cover.

And you really didn't choose the right front page to prove your tabloid point. Tsk.
It easily proved my point. Junk cover=junk paper. Thanks for playing. :wavey:

jeahhh!
08-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I loved the whole "speak white" part because it makes absolutely no sense at all. :silly::rolls:

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Believing everything you read from gossip sheets and tabloid papers clearly doesn't make you Mensa material. I'm still :haha: over the "speak white" part, which is clearly a lie that you made up yourself and decided to throw in there pretending it was true. That was a nice touch but it also blew your cover.

It easily proved my point. Junk cover=junk paper. Thanks for playing. :wavey:
I really did hear about the Speak white part, but I can't prove it happened, like I can't prove anything mentioned in the article really did happen. Like you can't prove it didn't happen. It's mostly a question of opinions. And so many people have no trouble at all believing it did happen, it must mean something. Must be a conspiracy.

It's not like me to invent things like that, but I can't prove that also, so you can believe it, it's cool.

And I wouldn't go around labelling a newspaper front paging a desperate mother looking for her kidnapped daughter a junk cover. You could have chosen something more obviously tabloid-like and believe me, you'd have plenty of choice with Le Journal de Montréal. Proves that when you have no idea what something's saying, it's better not to comment on it. Just makes you look like more of a fool than you already are, if that's even possible.

knight_ley
08-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Can we close this thread? This whole thing is ridiculous and I don't understand why Andy's forum had to be infected with this crap.

kaylee
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Heehee I love a squabble. What annoys me the most are these reporters/journalists are not actually anything to do with tennis they just cover sports so they casually write these things. Perhaps some parts of it were true like tennis racket bashing but the other things hmmmm especially when I read an article about him practising in Cincy on Monday, being most agreeable and signing tons of autographs, but then that may have been false too and he could be on the space shuttle who knows? :lol:

Tytta!.
08-14-2007, 08:22 PM
I will close it in a couple hours if Deb doesn't come around.

I've told Tangy about this, but just so everybody knows.
Try to avoid this thread while we don't close it :)

Ten_Isse_Fan
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Well it was pretty stupid to move such a negative thread about Andy to his forum if you ask me... Since it's here now, it pretty much deserves to be closed. It ran its course anyway ;)

Deboogle!.
08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Thread closed.